PDA

View Full Version : Should the Vikings double cover Javon?

MossWilliamsHenderson
12-20-2004, 03:03 AM
Should the Vikings double cover Javon or leave Winfield one on one? What about Donald?

I think we need to blitz, blitz, blitz! I don't think we even blitz once the last Packer game. That is probably the only way we will pressure Brett by blitzing.

Thoughts?

hawaiianvike21
12-20-2004, 03:13 AM
Bad idea. Packers have a good o-line that has picken up the blitz many times over the season. If we do that we leave just about every receiver man on man and you know someones bound to get wide open when you have derek ross on your team. :lol:

Dont think thats a good idea, if anything, send an extra blitzer, just one to help the pass rush out, but not on every play. We want to minimize the packers receiving core.

DoubleDown11
12-20-2004, 10:43 AM
Our Defense is the worst in the NFL without Winfield! Our LB's are not talented enough to Blitz.

However, our offense will be even better this Friday with Birk back! The Vikings are at home with the Division on the line, this is the biggest game of Tice's coaching career!

MossWilliamsHenderson
12-20-2004, 10:53 AM
"DoubleDown11" wrote:

Our Defense is the worst in the NFL without Winfield! Our LB's are not talented enough to Blitz.

However, our offense will be even better this Friday with Birk back! The Vikings are at home with the Division on the line, this is the biggest game of Tice's coaching career!

Well, since Winfield is probably going to be back, Winfield coming back would help. Even our linebackers are not talented enough to blitz, do it anyway, give them the experience and if it works, keep on doing it!

VKG4LFE
12-20-2004, 10:58 AM
Blitzing is a BAD idea!

brandsp
12-20-2004, 11:02 AM
We need to blitz so Farve throws a few picks. Let him sit back there with our secondary and he'll eat us alive.

cajunvike
12-20-2004, 11:47 AM
Single coverage, unless the guy covering him starts to get beat...I am sure that the Packers will not double Moss all the time either.

MossWilliamsHenderson
12-20-2004, 12:07 PM
"brandsp" wrote:

We need to blitz so Farve throws a few picks. Let him sit back there with our secondary and he'll eat us alive.

That is what I have been trying to say! Which do you rather see, Favre eating us alive with no blitz or Favre throws a few picks with blitz?

vikoles
12-20-2004, 12:12 PM
BLITZ off the corner (weak side) every down man up in the secondary! PERIOD!

VKG4LFE
12-20-2004, 12:41 PM
What makes you guys think Favre will just be throwin picks all day if we blitz the hell out of him. I just think that they will pick up most of the blitzes and he will still pick us apart with less guys in coverage. I think we do need to blitz at times, but not every down.