PDA

View Full Version : This is more than a matchup...

LosAngelis
12-19-2004, 10:54 PM
Think of it this way:

If the Pack win, they win the division.

If the Vikes win, they win the division.

If the Pack loses, they have at least the 6th seed in the playoffs.

If the Vikes lose, they potentially will miss the playoffs.

This is going to be a playoff atmosphere. It's going to be as close as the games both teams played today..I predict a two point game.

It's going to be ugly and tempers will flare.

Its so exciting, I'm going to pay fishbabe $1000 per ticket!!!!

Just kidding...I'll watch it on TV if the turkey doesn't put me to sleep. If the triptophan gets to me, I have church after the game.

poult
12-19-2004, 10:56 PM
i think fishbabe might be red mccombs in disguise, trying to make double the profit off something......

VikingsTw
12-19-2004, 10:56 PM
I have never been in the dome but i'm wondering if this game on friday could be the loudest in the dome ever, especailly if we get going quickly.

LosAngelis
12-19-2004, 11:00 PM
It's gonna be pretty incredible.

You do realize it is still very theoretically possible that the Vikes and Pack will meet in the first round of the playoffs.

And this game will decide who has home field.

ItalianStallion
12-19-2004, 11:02 PM
If you look at it Los, the odds of the vikings NOT making the playoffs are pretty slim, but who knows right?

VikingsTw
12-19-2004, 11:04 PM
Yes its possible, theres so many senerios its hard to keep track, god forbid the game take place in lamboo field. They best a different reffing crew

silvermane
12-19-2004, 11:18 PM
yeah the packer viking game is going to be very intense. i plan on watching it and i hope for a tie so neither team can claim victory :D

as for the playoff picture the nfc could still be embarassed because the 5-9 teams all still have a shot although a very slim one. i am hoping 8-8 is the cutoff because at 7-9 a team does not deserve to make the playoffs no matter how bad the conference is.

VikingsTw
12-19-2004, 11:22 PM
"silvermane" wrote:

yeah the packer viking game is going to be very intense. i plan on watching it and i hope for a tie so neither team can claim victory :D

as for the playoff picture the nfc could still be embarassed because the 5-9 teams all still have a shot although a very slim one. i am hoping 8-8 is the cutoff because at 7-9 a team does not deserve to make the playoffs no matter how bad the conference is.

Time to be honest buddy, who will you be rooting for. And dont say niether that wont cut it. :twisted:

Packerguy
12-19-2004, 11:43 PM
"vikingstw" wrote:

I have never been in the dome but i'm wondering if this game on friday could be the loudest in the dome ever, especailly if we get going quickly.

you have missed nothing
The dome is a huge piece of crap that should be blown up. It will be loud there though.

Just think how cool it would be if the packers were coming to town and the vikings played outdoors. The dome was the biggest mistake the vikings ever made. They lost their blood and guts attitude after that along with Bud Grant leaving.

VikingsTw
12-19-2004, 11:48 PM
If i was you i would hate the dome too. Take it easy man it's not my fault your team gets drilled there nearly every season.

Packerguy
12-19-2004, 11:54 PM
"vikingstw" wrote:

If i was you i would hate the dome too. Take it easy man it's not my fault your team gets drilled there nearly every season.

I am not angry but just stating a fact. Most Minnesota sports fans would agree its junk.

Its even worse that the twins have to play there.

VikingsTw
12-19-2004, 11:57 PM
What does the volume of the dome on the friday have to do with the metrodome and how trashy it is. I could care less to tell you the truth, its all about the loyal fans and atmosphere.

zzbudzz
12-20-2004, 03:36 AM
WOW ... this game will be on tv in my area! i hope i don't end up smashing my tv... :roll: go vikes

enlvikeman
12-20-2004, 03:57 AM
[you have missed nothing
The dome is a huge piece of crap that should be blown up. It will be loud there though.

Just think how cool it would be if the packers were coming to town and the vikings played outdoors. The dome was the biggest mistake the vikings ever made. They lost their blood and guts attitude after that along with Bud Grant leaving.[/quote]

Congrat Packerboy. You have just been nominated for the purplepride.org dumbest post of the year award.

hawaiianvike21
12-20-2004, 04:18 AM
THe dome will be rocking, guaranteed on friday. That will have a big effect on the packers offense. I remember one year the packers offense just unraveled from plenty of false starts to bad timed snaps that led to a huge chunck of yardage with the fumble. I hope to see the same thing this friday.

Lets make it real hard for brett again to win. Im hoping the vikes play their best game of the season. Remember last year how we all thought the vikes would struggle with the chiefs and they had their best game of the season. This week wouldnt be a bad time to unleash everything and play lights out.

wv__viking__fan
12-20-2004, 10:23 AM
I'm fired up about this game, Now. It is going to be a long week. Can't wait. I have to work a little on Friday, but I've told everyone that I'm leaving in time for the kick off. I turned down invitations from the family for christmas eve, can't watch the game with them. My wife and kids and I will be wearing our Viking jerseys and rooting on the men in Purple from here in West Virginia. I will tell my kids that Santa won't come unless they cheer real loud.

Skol Vikings!

purplepat
12-20-2004, 12:13 PM
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the only way the Vikings miss the playoffs is if the Panthers and Rams both win their final two games while the Vikings lose their last two. Vikings should have the head-to-head tiebreaker over the Saints, though I don't know how that would work in the case of three teams tied with 8-8 records for the two wild card spots.

Is there any way the Packers slide down to the sixth seed? They have head-to-head advantage over both the Panthers and Rams, don't know what would happen in a Saints/Packers tie for the wild card, or in the case of a three way tie for that matter.

ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS A VIKINGS WIN, AND THEN I'LL HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

VKG4LFE
12-20-2004, 12:18 PM
To make the playoffs is a win for the vikes or a st. louis loss. That's what they said on sportscenter at least.

whackthepack
12-20-2004, 12:34 PM
On another note

Los, how is your wife doing? How are you holding up?

LosAngelis
12-20-2004, 03:36 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:

On another note

Thanks for asking, whack.

She's back at work..up and down.

I'm doing Christmas shopping in her stead. :pukeright: Not my favorite thing. I like to a) go to store b) get what I want c) go. Doing all the shopping adds about another 45 letters.

But, thanks for thinking of us. 5 weeks to go and she's running marathons again! (Well, probably not, because she'll have to rehab, and she never ran them to begin with...:-) )

cajunvike
12-21-2004, 02:13 AM
"hawaiianvike21" wrote:

THe dome will be rocking, guaranteed on friday. That will have a big effect on the packers offense. I remember one year the packers offense just unraveled from plenty of false starts to bad timed snaps that led to a huge chunck of yardage with the fumble. I hope to see the same thing this friday.

Lets make it real hard for brett again to win. Im hoping the vikes play their best game of the season. Remember last year how we all thought the vikes would struggle with the chiefs and they had their best game of the season. This week wouldnt be a bad time to unleash everything and play lights out.

That would be my Christmas wish! :santa:

parsongeorge
12-21-2004, 07:15 AM
"zzbudzz" wrote:

WOW ... this game will be on tv in my area! i hope i don't end up smashing my tv... :roll: go vikes Yeah!!!I will be sooooooo pissed if they lose. I won't want to celebrate christmas. :angryfire:

parsongeorge
12-21-2004, 07:17 AM
"hawaiianvike21" wrote:

Lets make it real hard for brett again to win. Im hoping the vikes play their best game of the season. Remember last year how we all thought the vikes would struggle with the chiefs and they had their best game of the season. This week wouldnt be a bad time to unleash everything and play lights out. I hope they do have alot of false starts, but that is usually done by us......even when we have homefield advantage :cry:

casper
12-21-2004, 07:21 AM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

"whackthepack" wrote:

On another note

Thanks for asking, whack.

She's back at work..up and down.

I'm doing Christmas shopping in her stead. :pukeright: Not my favorite thing. I like to a) go to store b) get what I want c) go. Doing all the shopping adds about another 45 letters.

But, thanks for thinking of us. 5 weeks to go and she's running marathons again! (Well, probably not, because she'll have to rehab, and she never ran them to begin with...:-) )

Glad to hear it LA

vikoles
12-21-2004, 08:55 AM
Is it like good great if sex at all? Hmmmmmmmmm I guess it depends! I just want PAYBACK on the Pucks for the way the dissed me in the bar last season on the "final play" of the season! Still can t go back! :(