PDA

View Full Version : Didn't think the head shot was worth an ejection!!!

parsongeorge
12-19-2004, 07:33 PM
It was commenplace a few years ago to give hits like that. Now in the nfl everyone is babied especially the qb's. I loved the hit and it is laughable that you guys think it was potentially life threatening. It was a hard good hit, he was trying to make the guy drop the ball. it wasn't even helmet to helmet, those are the dangerous hits....Come on people...THIS IS FOOTBALL. I only wish the vikings could still make hits like that ...even if it did mean a few more personal fouls. All that extra crap they go through now to make sure the player is ok makes it look worse than what it was. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :bootyshake:

poult
12-19-2004, 07:36 PM
youre a fucking fool.

jackyl
12-19-2004, 07:37 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v178/jackyl_c4/CF%20Pics/post-2-1054222469.jpg

VikingsTw
12-19-2004, 07:37 PM
Packer fans, please dont take this guys comments and tag them to the general viking fan base.

He deserves more than a fine but maybe the rest of the year on suspended.

packmanxxxi
12-19-2004, 07:38 PM
vikingstw.. as much as I hate you.. its PURLY on a football level. Viking fans and Packer fans have the SAME upbringing and that is of Midwestern hospitality and caring. There is NO WAY this guys comments owuld be associated with everyone...

dan3ski
12-19-2004, 07:39 PM
Try about 20 yrs ago it was banned.

VKG4LFE
12-19-2004, 07:39 PM
I can't believe there are really people like this.

PhxFan
12-19-2004, 07:42 PM
At first look, looked to me like he was reaching out to make some type of reach/grab/ whatever to make a play...then another angle showed he put a little extra into the hit. Could go either way, I'm not sure it called for an ejection. Couple of plays later nothing was mentioned or done regarding the reciever who kicked out at a Jag player??
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20041220/capt.wimg10412200112.jaguars_packers_wimg104.jpg

parsongeorge
12-19-2004, 07:43 PM
these guys get paid big money to take hits like that.....I've seen clean hits that have done way more damage than that....He didn't even drop the damn ball.....Quit feeling sorry for him already

jackyl
12-19-2004, 07:47 PM
"parsongeorge" wrote:

these guys get paid big money to take hits like that.....I've seen clean hits that have done way more damage than that....He didn't even drop the damn ball.....Quit feeling sorry for him already

These guys do not get paid big money to take illegal hits. They get paid to play a game with rules. The hit has been illegal for about as long as he's been able to play any organized ball.

Steamed Turtle
12-19-2004, 07:48 PM
You are a fucking fool, with no heart whatsoever.

parsongeorge
12-19-2004, 07:49 PM
Cry me a river people :blackeye:

parsongeorge
12-19-2004, 07:52 PM
Bottom line is, you do what you have to do to win football games. Although that play worked against jacksonville, at least he tried to make the ball come out. Dude was tough as hell for hanging on to it though.

jackyl
12-19-2004, 07:55 PM
Yeah KGB should cheap shot Pep Friday and take his knee out so that the Pack have an advantage. Whatever it takes to win ya know.

VKG4LFE
12-19-2004, 07:55 PM
I don't like that idea jackyl! (even though it was sarcastic, I hope)

packmanxxxi
12-19-2004, 07:57 PM
jackyl.. that does put it in persepective...

LosAngelis
12-19-2004, 07:58 PM
Parson, the more you talk, the more I wish someone would give you a hit like that.

Let me spell this out:

The - W-W-E - is - fake. It - is - not - real - life.

This - is - the - N-F-L, and - the - hits - are - real - and - life-threatening.

outcast316
12-19-2004, 07:59 PM
Has anybody heard how he is doing? It is amazing he held on to the ball becasue it looked liked he was knocked out.

parsongeorge
12-19-2004, 07:59 PM
actually...those knee shots are legal......now what do you think is worse? That head shot hit on green bay or a knee shot that takes a qb out for a long time? nfl refs and rules are fucked

parsongeorge
12-19-2004, 08:02 PM
I bet his throat hurts...looked like the forearm went right to his throat

LosAngelis
12-19-2004, 08:02 PM
Um...the knee shot is legal. Probably shouldn't be, but it is. The flying clothesline against an airborne, defenseless player isn't legal. Period. It's worse.

jackyl
12-19-2004, 08:03 PM
"parsongeorge" wrote:

actually...those knee shots are legal......

No, gunning for a knee is not.

outcast316
12-19-2004, 08:03 PM
"parsongeorge" wrote:

actually...those knee shots are legal......now what do you think is worse? That head shot hit on green bay or a knee shot that takes a qb out for a long time? nfl refs and rules are fucked

Come on man...that shot was just not right...He was head hunting...Plain and simple. As much as I dislike the Packers I don't wish injury on anybody.

parsongeorge
12-19-2004, 08:05 PM
I guess I just like big hits......legal or not ...sue me

LosAngelis
12-19-2004, 08:05 PM
No. We will all just decide at Tribal Council that you're an idiot.

parsongeorge
12-19-2004, 08:07 PM
what is tribal council?

outcast316
12-19-2004, 08:08 PM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

No. We will all just decide at Tribal Council that you're an idiot.

I second the vote.....Your torch has been extinguished time to leave the island.

PhxFan
12-19-2004, 08:10 PM
"jackyl" wrote:

"parsongeorge" wrote:

I remember being taught how to block below the waist... long since gone. To many knees also http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/cwm/3dlil/sad.gif

jackyl
12-19-2004, 08:15 PM
"PhxFan" wrote:

"jackyl" wrote:

"parsongeorge" wrote:

I remember being taught how to block below the waist... long since gone. To many knees also http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/cwm/3dlil/sad.gif

Yup. I've had guys get nice letters from the league regarding hitting players low too.

parsongeorge
12-19-2004, 08:19 PM
Come on man...that shot was just not right...He was head hunting...Plain and simple. As much as I dislike the Packers I don't wish injury on anybody.[/quote] I never said i wanted him to be injured

PhxFan
12-19-2004, 08:22 PM
We're just talking...this isn't part of that other conversation http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/otn/party/beerchug.gif

ultravikingfan
12-19-2004, 08:40 PM
Ok, I have only been an "active" member of this site since September. I have read a lot of good threads and replies. I have also read a lot of unintelligent posts. This thread is the unintelligent type. A clothes line tackle is not a legal hit anymore. It is cheap, and dangerous. I do not wish this kind of injury on any player or team (even the Pack).

Secondly, it seems like there have been a lot of new members in the past few months. Now, some are very intelligent and insightful. But, some of the worst "posters" on the site are the newbies. They are giving the Viking faithful a bad image. One of my favorite quotes comes from Cajun. "have good takes and don't suck". The TRUE Viking faithful are known for their intelligence, not stupidity. So wake up the few of you and take pride to be a Viking fan!

parsongeorge
12-19-2004, 08:44 PM
hey ultravikingfan your viking helmet is illegally spearing the green bay helmet..YOU ARE EJECTED!!!!!!!

VikingsTw
12-19-2004, 08:48 PM
"parsongeorge" wrote:

hey ultravikingfan your viking helmet is illegally spearing the green bay helmet..YOU ARE EJECTED!!!!!!!

OK! :rr:

ultravikingfan
12-19-2004, 08:50 PM
"parsongeorge" wrote:

Need I say more?

parsongeorge
12-19-2004, 08:50 PM
lmao

parsongeorge
12-19-2004, 08:51 PM
You guys need to loosen up a bit...have some fun...enjoy the hitting

jackyl
12-19-2004, 08:53 PM
Thanks for the advice noob.

parsongeorge
12-19-2004, 08:55 PM
Is that short for newbie?

ultravikingfan
12-19-2004, 08:57 PM
Watch your Colts struggle with the Ravens little boy!

parsongeorge
12-19-2004, 08:58 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Watch your Colts struggle with the Ravens little boy! I hope the ravens whoop that ass!!!

parsongeorge
12-19-2004, 08:59 PM
freeny is awesome though......wish the vikes had him

Articnv
12-19-2004, 09:01 PM
I thouch pacmans poost werepathic and stupoid but pasonage u take that award away. That shot was cheap as hell and illegal as hell i for one m glad eh was eject. He wonded up before he hit him

parsongeorge
12-19-2004, 09:09 PM
phxfan......that is hilarious dude!!!!!!!!

bleedpurple
12-20-2004, 12:54 PM
Dude!! parsongeorge! You should be ashamed of yourself for thinking the way you do...You bring a bad name to Vikings fans everywhere and not to mention your parents who raised you...

If I were your DAD and you talked like that...I'd kick your Fuk'in ass!!!! PERIOD!!!!!

Del Rio
12-20-2004, 01:03 PM
Chop blocks are legal. You can block below the waist if you are in front.

You are entitled to your opinion it was a hellacious hit. One that will be shown over and over and over again on sports center. Because they market it. It's not right it was illegal but the league makes money off of it so blame them if people like it.

ItalianStallion
12-20-2004, 11:31 PM
CHOP blocks are not legal. That is hitting a guy below the waist while he is engaged with someone else. Blocking a guy below the waist 1 on 1 IS legal, but is usually incorrectly called a chop block.

FYI gunning for a QB below the waist is a penalty and extremely cheap. If a D-lineman pulls that sh*t he will get chopped the next play by the olineman.

cajunvike
12-20-2004, 11:39 PM
Lay off Articnv, guys...he has explained in the past that the way that he types can't be helped...some sort of physical challenge or something. It doesn't matter here because he has always shown his true colors are purple and gold...and I for one am glad to see him posting and more than willing to decipher what he has to say. Keep on posting, articnv...YOU DA MAN!!!

Webby
12-21-2004, 12:17 AM
Yes, Cajun, I think these newbies better get it soon or go back to acting foolish on some other board. This is the final warning, and you know who you are.

Del Rio
12-21-2004, 07:08 AM
Cut block then, whatever you want to call it is a legal move been in the NFL for decades and serves a purpose. It is tought at the high school and college level. Perfectly legal perfectly good move. And defenders are tought how to get away from it.

You have no clue if someone is gunning for a QB's legs or not LOL
about the only sound rule against hitting the Q is driving them in the ground and head shots. Legs are fair game. How would you know if someone was intentianally trying to hurt someone by going for the legs?

Only in NFL must the 2nd block be delayed and at or below the knees. In NF simultaneous blocks are legal. 2-3-9

In NCAA, it can be a high-low, low-high, or low-low combination and in some cases simultaneous blocks in the above mentioned are fouls, and in some cases they are legal blocks. See AR 2-3-3 for situations.

In NFL, a chop block can also be a low-high blocking combination. Also in the NFL it can be a chop block if only one block occurs. This example is "on a forward pass play, A1 chops a defensive player while A2 confronts the defensive player in a pass-blocking posture but has not physically engaged with the defensive player (a "lure"). (12-2-14c) There are 10 such examples given after the chop block definition in 12-2-14.

Examples: Offensive linemen often try to cut defensive linemen by using chop blocks

TheAnimal93
12-21-2004, 07:23 AM
look this parsongeorge IN NOT A VIKING FAN!!!! I repeat, PARSONGEORGE IS NOT A VIKING FAN!!! he is a cowblow fan in disguise. REPEAT, HE IS NOT A VIKING FAN.

DO NOT ADDRESS THIS "PERSON" AS A VIKING FAN. HE IS A POSER!!!!!!!!

vikoles
12-21-2004, 07:48 AM
Did anyone see one of our O linemen "chop" someone from Detroit the other day! It was sad! Why, cause our backups are doing a poor job protecting Pep! Oh well at least the guy didn t get hurt! If he had there would have been some serious repurcussions I believe. Thoughts?

Del Rio
12-21-2004, 07:57 AM
The "cut," block is used to make a defender have to lower his hands and push you down. It is supposed to help with passing lanes. If someone gets cut blocked I don't feel sad for them it is football.

The rules state what is legal and what is not. If what has been done is within the rules then I say good for them for doing their job. I have been cut blocked before it is just part of the game.

#1 goal of an offensive lineman is to protect that franchise QB. At all costs. If someone comes free trip em, hold em, tackle em whatever you have to do.

vikoles
12-21-2004, 07:59 AM
Agreed but from behind too!

Del Rio
12-21-2004, 08:13 AM
I think a cut block from behind is illegal and cheap, I don't know the play your talking about but if he had to do it to save pep then I guess it's on him. If he was just being a dick then that's is pretty sad.

Do you remember which lineman it was?

vikoles
12-21-2004, 08:23 AM
No not really but it was when Pep was trying to escape ANOTHER sack can t remember if he did or not but there was a replay on it focusing on something esle and it was so blatant YET the announcer, announcers didn t even recognize it!?!?!? He was assuredly tring to save Pep and it was OK with me but it just didn t look good! I think our players have WAY MORE CLASS than to be dirty this is why I love the Vikes they are tough and smart!

bleedpurple
12-21-2004, 01:16 PM
I'm not so sure about how smart our guys are especially on defense.....

XTAP59
12-21-2004, 02:09 PM
What have we learned from this post?
Clearly it was a cheap shot and a stiff fine should be enforced.

Maybe a game check or two plus the standard league fine. Something to keep him from thinking about doing it again.

A hit like that can end a players career.

PhxFan
12-21-2004, 02:21 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

Lay off Articnv, guys...he has explained in the past that the way that he types can't be helped...some sort of physical challenge or something. It doesn't matter here because he has always shown his true colors are purple and gold...and I for one am glad to see him posting and more than willing to decipher what he has to say. Keep on posting, articnv...YOU DA MAN!!!
Did not know, accept my apology regarding my post (which was deleted).http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/otn/sad/sulkoff.gif
http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/otn/party/beerchug.gif

parsongeorge
12-21-2004, 03:22 PM
"vikes can do" wrote:

look this parsongeorge IN NOT A VIKING FAN!!!! I repeat, PARSONGEORGE IS NOT A VIKING FAN!!! he is a cowblow fan in disguise. REPEAT, HE IS NOT A VIKING FAN.

DO NOT ADDRESS THIS "PERSON" AS A VIKING FAN. HE IS A POSER!!!!!!!! I'm way more of a vike fan than you will ever dream of being. I've been a fan since the early 70's, when they actually had a defense. So shup yo mouth...your the poser! :salute:

TheAnimal93
12-21-2004, 03:37 PM
"parsongeorge" wrote:

"vikes can do" wrote:

DO NOT ADDRESS THIS "PERSON" AS A VIKING FAN. HE IS A POSER!!!!!!!! I'm way more of a vike fan than you will ever dream of being. I've been a fan since the early 70's, when they actually had a defense. So shup yo mouth...your the poser! :salute:

well as usual i may have been a little strong :bootyshake: .
HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO YOU AND YOURS :santa: :cheers:

parsongeorge
12-21-2004, 03:48 PM
"vikes can do" wrote:

"parsongeorge" wrote:

"vikes can do" wrote:

well as usual i may have been a little strong :bootyshake: .
HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO YOU AND YOURS :santa: :cheers: You didn't really think that I was a cowboy fan did you?

TheAnimal93
12-21-2004, 05:39 PM
i had my doubts, lol!!!!
skol vikes

Kleinsasser40
12-21-2004, 06:14 PM
"dan3ski" wrote:

Try about 20 yrs ago it was banned.

Dan Finke?

snowinapril
12-22-2004, 12:49 AM
OK, here you go, justice served.

I think everyone went a little too hard on ParsonGeorge. He had an opinion, it didn't suck.

It is a question of intent????? Did he intend to clothesline him or did he just try to make a play on the ball. We will never really know will we. I am not going to pay even $5.00 to read Darius' biography to find out.

I think Del Rio said it best: Coach Jack Del Rio supported referee Ed Hochuli's decision to eject Donovin Darius from Sunday night's game in Green Bay, and defended Darius' claim that his clothesline hit on Packers wide receiver Robert Ferguson was not intentional.

“I do not believe it was his intent to hurt (Ferguson). He attempted to club at the football and ended up hitting him in the head. It should've been flagged and it was. It should be fined and it will be,” Del Rio said of Darius' late-game foul, which resulted in Ferguson being carted from the field and spending the night in a hospital with what has since been diagnosed as a neck sprain.

Darius was penalized for a personal foul and was ejected from the game. Del Rio initially showed disfavor with the decision to eject Darius, claiming it was motivated by the crowd's reaction to repeated scoreboard replays of the play. Today, Del Rio softened his opinion of the ejection.

“I think the referees did what they had to do. The fact that he was on the ground so long and they kept showing it so many times … it was probably the right thing to do,” Del Rio said.

Darius fined
12/21/04

Jacksonville Jaguars safety DONOVIN DARIUS has been fined $75,000 for unnecessary roughness last Sunday against Green Bay Packers wide receiver ROBERT FERGUSON, the NFL announced today.

NFL Director of Football Operations GENE WASHINGTON issued the fine, noting in a letter to Darius that on a pass play, “you violently and unnecessarily struck your opponent in the neck and head area with your forearm.”

Darius was ejected from the game by referee Ed Hochuli.

Washington stated that Darius' actions violated Rule 12, Section 2, Article 1(c) of the NFL Official Playing Rules, which prohibit:

“…striking, swinging, or clubbing to the head, neck, or face with the heel, back, or side of the hand, wrist, forearm, elbow, or clasped hands.”

Darius has no prior history of on-field violations of this magnitude, but Washington's letter emphasized that future infractions of this type by Darius will lead to increased disciplinary action, including possible suspension.