PDA

View Full Version : Pray for Robert Ferguson

RandyMoss8404
12-19-2004, 07:15 PM
Robert Ferguson nearly got his head taken off. My God, it's the absolute worst hit I've ever seen. My prayers are with him.

rjkvikings
12-19-2004, 07:16 PM
"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

Robert Ferguson nearly got his head taken off. My God, it's the absolute worst hit I've ever seen. My prayers are with him.Mine too

hovan
12-19-2004, 07:17 PM
"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

Robert Ferguson nearly got his head taken off. My God, it's the absolute worst hit I've ever seen. My prayers are with him.

It's football.

XTAP59
12-19-2004, 07:19 PM
They just took him off the field.
He was holding his thumb up indicating he was OK

RandyMoss8404
12-19-2004, 07:19 PM
"hovan" wrote:

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

It's football.

And you're a sad excuse for an apathetic troglodyte. Go play in moving traffic - it'll benefit the gene pool.

rjkvikings
12-19-2004, 07:21 PM
Yeah, it is football, but what he did is against the rules in football. for good reason.

pep2moss
12-19-2004, 07:21 PM
feel bad for fergeson but what a pick by grandt wow favre is gonna cry hahaha, im lovin it

triedandtruevikesfan
12-19-2004, 07:23 PM
I do feel bad that he's hurt... but I still want the Packers to lose!! My prayers go out to him though... I hate when people get injured

hovan
12-19-2004, 07:24 PM
"pep2moss" wrote:

feel bad for fergeson but what a pick by grandt wow favre is gonna cry hahaha, im lovin it

Sorry RandyMOss...but I'm celebrating The VIking win and Greenbay losing. It was a cheap shot but its not going to ruin my great day. GO VIKINGS....and another PICK by FAVRAY. LOVING IT

VikingsTw
12-19-2004, 07:27 PM
Yeah its football, you play the game and take those chances. I'm sure is Darius could do it over again he would do it different. I'm sure furgy is ok, the strecher is more of a percosion (sp).

hovan
12-19-2004, 07:30 PM
"vikingstw" wrote:

Yeah its football, you play the game and take those chances. I'm sure is Darius could do it over again he would do it different. I'm sure furgy is ok, the strecher is more of a percosion (sp).

I've seen worse than that at the park, with no pads.

VikingsTw
12-19-2004, 07:46 PM
"hovan" wrote:

"vikingstw" wrote:

I've seen worse than that at the park, with no pads.

True that, in fact i've been the victum at times :drunken: .

ultravikingfan
12-19-2004, 07:47 PM
You never like to see that, even if it is the Pack.

ItalianStallion
12-19-2004, 07:49 PM
Darius has always been a dirty player though.

poult
12-19-2004, 07:52 PM
ive seen way worse hits than that, ive got a 4 minute video clip i downloaded called the NFLs greatest hits that has some just brutal things in it.....

that being said, i really hope hes ok, that hit was pretty badass. i never like to see someone getting taken off on a stretcher.

RandyMoss8404
12-19-2004, 07:52 PM
I just can't believe that a guy nearly got his head taken off and you're like 'it's football.' No, kids, that's not football, that's football played wrong. And for being apathetic to it, you are slime.

packmanxxxi
12-19-2004, 07:56 PM
This thread is separating the losers on this site form the rest... Thanks for posting it RandyMoss8404....

Ill think games on after tongiht... for now, until I know fergies ok, prayers are with him...

"Its football"... sick, idiotic, immature, and downright unhuman....

jackyl
12-19-2004, 07:57 PM
That's not football. That's a dirty hit. Pure BS.

dan3ski
12-19-2004, 08:08 PM
That hit was totally uncalled for he had a clean shot at the reciever and chose to take a cheap shot! I hope he not only gets a big fine but also a suspension!

VKG4LFE
12-19-2004, 08:09 PM
I don't want to see him hurt, that was a bang bang play and I don't think Darius should have done it. I hope he's ok!

hovan
12-19-2004, 08:14 PM
"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

I just can't believe that a guy nearly got his head taken off and you're like 'it's football.' No, kids, that's not football, that's football played wrong. And for being apathetic to it, you are slime.

:roll:

Get A GRIP DUDE, YOU Call your self a Viking fan, then CELEBRATE!!!! YES it was Dirty Play, YES EVERY Human being with morals has said their prayer. LETS MOVE ON...GO VIKINGS. Can you say it with me? GO VIKINGS TIED with the Pack...HEAD to HEAD this Friday...does it get anybetter than this?

packmanxxxi
12-19-2004, 08:19 PM
Hovan, give up trying to make yourself seem like something your not...

You proved yourself with your original post... and now everyone knows...

Your classless... and even the Viking fans agree...

McViking
12-19-2004, 08:20 PM
You ever been on the field when someone's had a neck injury? Played rugby with a guy who became paralysed from the neck down because of a dirty hit from the other team. Now, if you were on that other team, would you celebrate?

hovan
12-19-2004, 08:28 PM
"packmanxxxi" wrote:

Americans are dying every day in IRAQ, and so are Iraquis not to mention Humans beings everywhere. My prayers and thoughts go out to them.

And you sit here bashing me for celebrating the Packers losing because I'm not sad about A millionare getting hurt in a game? Please :roll: NO ONE MADE HIM GO OUT ONTO THAT FIELD. That was a sick thing to see...but I'm not going to let it ruin my Celebration day. You can call me whatever you want but one thing remains....VIKINGS WON....PACKERS LOST, SHOWDOWN this FRIDAY.

And why you are at it...say a prayer for Birk, Jimmy-K, Rosenthal, Winfield, and Moss' Hammy.

packmanxxxi
12-19-2004, 08:31 PM
You are proving you are as ignorant as Hanefee...

A hammy and a head shot are too diff things...

Celebrate your victory, you should. (Send some gifts to the Lions long snapper while your at it)

Celebrate the Pack losing... they deserved it.

But not having any concern about a HUMAN BEING is rediculous...

Comparing it to Iraq is classless

jackyl
12-19-2004, 08:32 PM
"hovan" wrote:

And why you are at it...say a prayer for Birk, Jimmy-K, Rosenthal, Winfield, and Moss' Hammy.

None of which are life threating permanent injuries, that came from a blatant illegal cheap shot.

VKG4LFE
12-19-2004, 08:33 PM
"packmanxxxi" wrote:

You are proving you are as ignorant as Hanefee...

A hammy and a head shot are too diff things...

Celebrate your victory, you should. (Send some gifts to the Lions long snapper while your at it)

Celebrate the Pack losing... they deserved it.

But not having any concern about a HUMAN BEING is rediculous...

Comparing it to Iraq is classless

We might have to give him a key to the city.

RandyMoss8404
12-19-2004, 08:34 PM
"hovan" wrote:

"packmanxxxi" wrote:

Those injuries didn't threaten paralysis you puss bucket

Ugh, I was HAPPY to see the Packers lose too, but someone could BE IN A WHEELCHAIR

TheMaineViking
12-19-2004, 08:34 PM
I just saw the hightlights, that was a nasty hit. I hope Ferguson turns out all right. Did you see Darius getting chewed out on the sidelines by another Jags player?

Viking_Spirit
12-19-2004, 09:33 PM
Hopefully Ferguson's OK.

parsongeorge
12-19-2004, 09:54 PM
"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

Robert Ferguson nearly got his head taken off. My God, it's the absolute worst hit I've ever seen. My prayers are with him. Pray for the ref that favre blasted in the face with the ball........lol

bleedpurple
12-20-2004, 02:27 PM
All I got to say is if that was Moss and someone like Sharper did that against us next week..All insensitive Vikings fans would be screeming for his head..

Sometime the best thing to do is put yourself in someone else's shoes! Parsongeorge..I bet you wouldn't celebrate that hit if it were MOss...or even PEpp

Neither would you HOvan...You wouldn't say it's just football then! SO YEA I'm calling you insensitive (insert appropriate explicative here) out!!!! Thats right!!

Del Rio
12-20-2004, 02:40 PM
I agree with Hovan to a certain degree. It's a brutal game. You don't think safties are licking their chops whenever someone comes across the middle?

You guys crack my ass up. The NFL slaps people on the wrist and then sells a most gruesome hits tape and makes money off of it. That's what they sell. That's what the game is becoming.

Say a prayer for that ladies family that had her unborn fetus cut out of her after she was murdered.

I hope he is ok but this shit is a bit over the top

bleedpurple
12-20-2004, 03:29 PM
Yea Rio that may be true but when it is intentional and especially if someone gets hurt to where they are knocked unconcious and can't feel their legs their is a line to be drawn...

if it's clean and then somone gets hurt then that may be part of the game but when it's dirty and intentional there is no excuse

Del Rio
12-20-2004, 03:37 PM
Well the fact of the matter is this, none of us know if it was intentional. You have no idea what was going through his head. So in all reality all it is, is unfortunate it's not gruesome, it's not epic, it's not malicious.

It's like a boxer getting brain damage. Or a skydiver hitting the pavement. It's unfortunate.

So unless he came out and said you know what I really wanted to hurt him bad so I went for his head no one really knows. And you get on here and read something someone says about how they could really care less and everyone starts spitting out accussations against someones character. Glad to see people can take something someone has written interpret it the way they see fit and make conclusions about someones soul.

QQ

Vikestand
12-20-2004, 03:45 PM
You know I would take more then one of those shots to get paid what they are getting paid.....

deviking
12-20-2004, 03:51 PM
yeah im with vikestand there.

bleedpurple
12-20-2004, 03:58 PM
and i'm sure if you did and were paralyzed for the rest of your life...atleast your be a rich b!tch in a wheelchair.....

well said!!!

and i never said the hit was intentional because i'm not sure it was or not...the fact of the matter is it was malicious no matter the intent...he took his helmet off for goodness sake!

All i'm saying if it was then that is classless and not the way to play the game...and yea only he knows but he has to live with that...

But i'm glad he IS OK as indicated on espn.com although they said he is weak...

and anyone who can see a hit like that and laugh....their character does deserve to be questioned...if he got up then maybe you can be like ok..atleast he's ok...but when he's lying on the ground like that and not moving and you still laugh...then you deserve a kick in the pants...sorry just my opinion.!!!!

Del Rio
12-20-2004, 04:12 PM
Don't be sorry. But the only problem is football is malicious LOL

If he didn't intend for that to happen it was an unfortunate accident. If someone looked at that and said OMG that was an awesome hit I don't question thier character because I have no right. And besides like I said before the NFL sales it. They package it and wrap a pretty bow on it and sale it as entertainment so if someone WAS INDEED entertained by it well then that is their own damn fault.

I don't wish paralysis or death on anyone, but like I said Hovan is right this is football.

vikoles
12-20-2004, 04:18 PM
Burn this one as well Webby IT IS OVER pleeeeeezeeee.

Biggs
12-20-2004, 05:12 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

You never like to see that, even if it is the Pack.

Here is the latest on Mr. Fergusen...My prayers are with you brother!!!

Packers WR Robert Ferguson to stay in hospital, recovering from hit

GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) - Green Bay Packers wide receiver Robert Ferguson will stay in the hospital at least one more night as he recovers from the clothesline hit by Jacksonville safety Donovin Darius.

Ferguson got a concussion and was temporarily paralysed below the waist when he was hit Sunday. He regained feeling and movement on his way to the hospital, where he was kept overnight.

Coach Mike Sherman said Monday that Ferguson had weakness in his arms but was in good spirits when he visited him Sunday night. He didn't know if Ferguson was up and walking around Monday.

AFC spokesman Steve Alic said the league would look at the hit - the NFL reviews every play of every game, anyway - and that any fine, if appropriate, would likely come down Friday. A suspension could be handed out at any time.

Darius swept in after Ferguson's leaping 31-yard grab of Brett Favre's pass at midfield. Darius hit the defenceless Ferguson across the neck, stunning the crowd and infuriating the Packers with 4:41 left in their 28-25 loss to the Jaguars.

Darius, who was ejected, defended his hit as non-intentional and said he was trying to jar the ball loose.

Ferguson gave a thumbs-up as he left the field on a stretcher.

"He's a great kid," Sherman said. "For him to put a thumbs-up to the crowd on his way off the field knowing that he couldn't move his toes . . . special guy."

Steamed Turtle
12-20-2004, 05:28 PM
What's the source of that article?

Vikestand
12-20-2004, 05:46 PM
I never seen him laugh....Like I said...they get payed money to play a game....I wouldnt feel to sorry for him...Maybe if he died or got paralyzed....

I mean I played with two guys who had to be carried off the feild because of stingers and stuff like that....But they arent/werent getting payed to play.....

jackyl
12-20-2004, 05:49 PM
Yeah we shouldn't feel for a cop that gets shot in the line of duty. After all, he's getting paid.

ItalianStallion
12-20-2004, 05:50 PM
Wow people need to lay of Hovan. Yes it was a cheap hit, uncalled for with no place in the game...
Ferguson is recovering and I hope he gets better after the playoffs.

Maybe Darius was swinging to knock the ball out, I doubt it but we don't know.

This sh*t happens all the time, which I believe is all Hovan was saying. Then everyone gets their panties in a twist and starts calling him a pus bucket becuase he realizes there is more violence in the world than an unsportsmanlike hit in football.

I hope the injury isn't serious and I feel for him, but honestly how much sympathy am a supposed to feel for a millionaire I havn't even met?

Sh*t, people are dying everyday...and yet somehow... life goes on.

PS: Pacmaxxxi, nobody agrees with anything you say on this site, stop saying people are "on your side". Take a poll, then maybe you can talk.

packmanxxxi
12-20-2004, 06:01 PM
hmm, really Italian.... apparently you havent been around the past few days huh

Del Rio
12-20-2004, 06:03 PM
"jackyl" wrote:

Yeah we shouldn't feel for a cop that gets shot in the line of duty. After all, he's getting paid.

yeah maybe this comparison would hold water if he was accidentaly shot by another cop from a diferent agency

jackyl
12-20-2004, 06:04 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

"jackyl" wrote:

yeah maybe this comparison would hold water if he was accidentaly shot by another cop from a diferent agency

They both do a job, get paid and know the risks.