PDA

View Full Version : Question For The Packer Fans...

Lyssabell
12-18-2004, 07:19 AM
What would you like us to do?
Give up on the Vikings?
Become the ultimate Packer fans?

Sure, that would make you happy...for a while. Eventually, you would feel a deep sense of guilt for taking away what we love most. So don't try to "convert" us to your Packerism.

Eyesore
12-18-2004, 07:22 AM
This is your board. Root for your team. Just try to enjoy some "rival" smack along the way. Try to see the humor & dont take everything so darn personal

Peace, out....

Lyssabell
12-18-2004, 07:30 AM
I'm not taking it personally, I think its hilarious. However, I hate it when I am told that I should be a Packer fan because I live in Wisconsin, and "The Packers are the better team"

LosAngelis
12-18-2004, 09:10 AM
"Lyssabell" wrote:

I'm not taking it personally, I think its hilarious. However, I hate it when I am told that I should be a Packer fan because I live in Wisconsin, and "The Packers are the better team"

I totally understand, Lyssa. It's got to be tough with all the Packer fans living right around you and they keep giving you facts that really can't be argued with. You have my sympathies.

packmanxxxi
12-18-2004, 09:36 AM
Like the whole 3-0 Super Bowl stat....

I actually do feel bad for the Viking fans around here. They have NEVER had a January that has ended happy. Now THATS depressing...

parsongeorge
12-18-2004, 10:25 AM
3-0 superbowl stat?

LosAngelis
12-18-2004, 10:27 AM
Technically, it's 4-0, but Denver cheated.

enlvikeman
12-18-2004, 10:32 AM
huh?

DemonicViking
12-18-2004, 10:33 AM
You're right, The Packers should call John Elway and let him know of his wrong doing, and then confinscate his super bowl ring.. :blah5:

enlvikeman
12-18-2004, 10:44 AM
Hey Packman I don't believe anyone at this site (including myself) really cares what you think. If the Vikings were to win the next three superbowls you would still say something to belittle it. Even if they were to win one superbowl it wouldn't be enough to shut up a Packer fan...of course with all your glorious Packer championships 35 years ago.
Do you recall all those seasons in the 80's and 90's where the Pack's playoff chances depended on a Viking loss? I do.

I'll say it again for you to understand. There is nothing that takes more loyalty, patience and fidelity then being a Vikings fan. I repeat nothing. Anyone that can go through what we have been through and still don a purple jersey is a person of great character. It's easy to be a Packer fan. You have everything in the world to fall back on. Just like my fellow buddy of mine (Packer fan) who every year dusts off his Sterling Sharpe Jersey come January and still thinks the Packers head coach is Linde Infante.

DemonicViking
12-18-2004, 10:50 AM
It's ok, regardless what has happened to us and regardless what has happened to them, we can still laugh at their expense when they lose.

2fat4uVike
12-18-2004, 12:55 PM
"enlvikeman" wrote:

Hey Packman I don't believe anyone at this site (including myself) really cares what you think. If the Vikings were to win the next three superbowls you would still say something to belittle it. Even if they were to win one superbowl it wouldn't be enough to shut up a Packer fan...of course with all your glorious Packer championships 35 years ago.
Do you recall all those seasons in the 80's and 90's where the Pack's playoff chances depended on a Viking loss? I do.

I'll say it again for you to understand. There is nothing that takes more loyalty, patience and fidelity then being a Vikings fan. I repeat nothing. Anyone that can go through what we have been through and still don a purple jersey is a person of great character. It's easy to be a Packer fan. You have everything in the world to fall back on. Just like my fellow buddy of mine (Packer fan) who every year dusts off his Sterling Sharpe Jersey come January and still thinks the Packers head coach is Linde Infante.

Very good post dude, my feelings exactly. :cheers:

Bleeding Purple :thumbright:

packmanxxxi
12-18-2004, 02:42 PM
These posts are exactly why I feel bad for Viking fans. Well, the few real fans there are. The rest have jumped off the bandwagon by now. You rip on Packer fans, the most loyal diehard fans in any sport in any country, and you proceed to claim that being a fan of the Vikings is somehow glorious because they ALWAYS LOSE. There is something nice and romatic about that, but in the end, its all excuses....

rjkvikings
12-18-2004, 02:50 PM
The most loyal die hard fans? Where are all these fans on Mondays after the Packers lose? I'm not talking about on here because I'm sure that you guys are all real fans, but I'm talking about in general. Out of all the Packer fans I know (and I know quite a few), only one of them has the guts to come out on Monday, and admit to being a Packer fan and actually wear their jersey sometime in the week after. Of course it's pretty much the same with the Vikings fans, but still, if you guys are so loyal, you would think all the Packer fans wouldn't be afraid to admit that they are Packer fans after a loss.

And one last thing, where were all these "loyal" fans during the Titans game? Oh yeah, they were walking out the door.

purplehorn
12-18-2004, 03:03 PM
"packmanxxxi" wrote:

the Vikings is somehow glorious because they ALWAYS LOSE. ....

Just make sure you show up after Christmas FUDGEPACKER
Oh ya Jacksonville IS gonna whip your ass HAHAHA :twisted:

packmanxxxi
12-18-2004, 03:57 PM
rjkvikings....

Every game sold out since before Lombardi... I think Id call that Loyal... it was just a few eyars ago when you could walk up to the metrodome and buy a ticket the day of the game...

purplehorn-

Jacksonville will beat GB in 5 degree weather with windchills of -20? Come on...

BTW- the forcast for X-mas eve is highs in the negatives... too bad the Viking fans are such wimps they need to play inside to have any fans show up... ohhh, youd have your diehards, 90% of the people here... but if the game were outside, the stands would be 1/2 empty...

rjkvikings
12-18-2004, 04:46 PM
Every game sold out, but how many games were the stands full for when you guys sucked?

And if you haven't noticed, a lot of fans want a new stadium. If they got it, it would be an outdoor stadium, and there is no way in hell that the stands would only be half full for a Viking-Packer game! You do realize that we live up here (most of us). We are used to the cold weather. Heck, I almost wish that we had an outdoor stadium just so that I could go to a game when it's freezing cold out. I don't know about everyone else, but I think it would be cool just to sit outside in the freezing weather to watch a game.

Lyssabell
12-18-2004, 05:01 PM
if we're such wimps when it comes to cold weather, then why do most vikes fans live in wisconsin/minnesota???

rjkvikings
12-18-2004, 06:19 PM
"Lyssabell" wrote:

if we're such wimps when it comes to cold weather, then why do most vikes fans live in wisconsin/minnesota???Exactly, the way he's talking you would think we live in Florida.

enlvikeman
12-18-2004, 06:46 PM
Packman what bandwagon? All the people that were here at the start of the season are still here. I never said the Vikes were "glorious"...I was commenting about the Packers dynasty 35 years ago. Read much?

Plus if you feel so bad for Vikes fans then why do you come here? It can't be for the dialouge because you obviously can't understand something as simple and to the point as my previous post.

enlvikeman
12-18-2004, 06:48 PM
A few years ago? The metrodome has been sold out for the last decade meathead

LosAngelis
12-18-2004, 10:52 PM
"enlvikeman" wrote:

Packman what bandwagon? All the people that were here at the start of the season are still here.

Well, TEXPACK and bigdogbovy are still unaccounted for. I think they got together and decided to duke it out over whose fictional college career was more glorious, and are presently both hospitalized with bruises after slapping at each other like little girls.

scorptile
12-18-2004, 11:33 PM
"Lyssabell" wrote:

What would you like us to do?
Give up on the Vikings?
Become the ultimate Packer fans?

Sure, that would make you happy...for a while. Eventually, you would feel a deep sense of guilt for taking away what we love most. So don't try to "convert" us to your Packerism.

how about both packer fans and viking fans become colt fans?? at least you would be rooting for a team that wins divisions every year... :P

Eyesore
12-19-2004, 04:32 AM
"rjkvikings" wrote:

Every game sold out, but how many games were the stands full for when you guys sucked?

And if you haven't noticed, a lot of fans want a new stadium. If they got it, it would be an outdoor stadium, and there is no way in hell that the stands would only be half full for a Viking-Packer game! You do realize that we live up here (most of us). We are used to the cold weather. Heck, I almost wish that we had an outdoor stadium just so that I could go to a game when it's freezing cold out. I don't know about everyone else, but I think it would be cool just to sit outside in the freezing weather to watch a game.

I agree you guys deserve a new venue, but as far as it being an outdoors stadium, the last I heard was a retractable roof. You know, so they could close it on days like today.

Anyway, anything is better than the metrodump

Wyndy11
12-19-2004, 07:52 AM
Right that's why all of the taxpayers are paying for Lambeau.......I get it. I have to pay for I team I don't support. That's fair.