PDA

View Full Version : Is there any Truth...

ADubya26
12-18-2004, 01:27 AM
to the theory that we are for some reason not giving it our all, so we can sneak into the playoffs and explode? I mean at first I thought it was completely crazy to think so, but i mean in some aspects it would make sense. Face it..without Randy 100% or very close to that, we dont really stand a chance in the playoffs. Do you think he has been told to take it easy somewhat? Onterrio getting split time with Bennett...is this so Onterrio can be more fresh for the playoffs? I mean we have had many injuries that obviously not planned or expected, but is it possible that we are babying some of our key players so that we can be strong in the playoffs? Im not trying to find excuses for our poor play, but these thought crossed my mind. What do you all think?

DemonicViking
12-18-2004, 02:17 AM
No. If that were the case we would have took care of business down in the desert last year, and continued on. Granted, we've had more injuries this year, but we've been in a dogfight with GB, it's not like we have the division wrapped up and have the luxury of resting key players. With 3 games remaining, the Detroit game may seem the easiest but they'll probably keep it close, it'll go down to the wire with GB. You can't take Washington lightly considering the way they've been playing D.

scorptile
12-18-2004, 03:52 AM
yes the redskins D is rough on offenses...even philly had a tough time scoring on that D...no one should take any team lightly at this point even if it is a under .500 team...

casper
12-18-2004, 04:31 AM
Thats My read on the situation :shock: TICE is looking for this year to make the differance, :wink: it is called playing possum, :scratch: the only thing we can do is wait and see :study:

Eyesore
12-18-2004, 07:24 AM
"Sneak into the playoffs and explode" 6 words that have no bussines being in the same sentence. Your team or mine.

GreenBaySlackers
12-18-2004, 07:43 AM
Any Given Sunday!!!!! (or saterday or friday even) IMHO, in no way is it set in stone that the Eagles will evn make the chanpionship!!! no one, hear me, no one in the NFC is unbeatable for us. If we were to make the superbowl (heaven, shine brightly on my wish) who knows!! the players might just pull some heart out of their asses! th coaches may just pull some brains out of theirs!

Fitting Cliche's

Any given sunday
It aint over 'till the fat lady sings
Give up? I have not yet begun to fight!

Caine
12-18-2004, 08:00 AM
Expand upon what GBS said, and no one is inbeatable to anyone anymore. There isn't a "safe" team in the NFL, they can all bring their "A" game without warning.

As for playing possum...no way. That's a recipe for disaster. Too much can go wrong for ANY team to try that stunt. Look at what happened to Denver last season...they rest 9 starters for the final game - playing Possum so to speak - then get waxed in the 1st round of the play-offs. While that isn't quite the same, the same principle applies - you give 100% every week...or you sit home in January.

Our "Problem" lies in the inability of the Defense to play consistantly (Other than consistantly BAD). I tend to believe that this is more of a coaching problem than a player problem.

Minnesota's destiny in in their own hands...what they do with it remains to be seen.

Caine

casper
12-18-2004, 09:35 AM
"GreenBaySlackers" wrote:

Any Given Sunday!!!!! (or saterday or friday even) IMHO, in no way is it set in stone that the Eagles will evn make the chanpionship!!! no one, hear me, no one in the NFC is unbeatable for us. If we were to make the superbowl (heaven, shine brightly on my wish) who knows!! the players might just pull some heart out of their asses! th coaches may just pull some brains out of theirs!

Fitting Cliche's

Any given sunday
It aint over 'till the fat lady sings
Give up? I have not yet begun to fight!

From Your lips to the builders and powers to be ears =D>

parsongeorge
12-18-2004, 11:46 AM
There is no way that we are taking it easy! The defense has huge holes especially at the linebacker positions. May we please get our heads out of our asses in time.

McViking
12-18-2004, 12:16 PM
Of course the defense is taking it easy! Problem is, they've been taking it easy for a number of years now. Linebackers hiding behind the d-line praying they won't have to tackle the ball carrier, or even take on a pulling guard!!!

ADubya26
12-18-2004, 12:35 PM
Im not saying that the D is taking it easy, or even a majority of the offense. I am just saying that maybe there is some truth in it because Moss/Onterrio might be resting up. If you were Tice, wouldnt you make sure Randy was as rested up as possible? I mean we do have to GET INTO the playoffs first, but I think Tice has considered that a gimme for the past few weeks. Now that it is a little closer than anticipated, they might be worrying a little. To have a healthy Randy and a fresh Onterrio would give us a great shot in the playoffs though. I mean we would have the best receiver in the NFL back to normal almost and a fresh RB while all the other backs are worn down by now. That is the luxury of having so many backs like we do. What about Wiggins? We havent even seen him pretty much for the past 2-3 games. When are we going to incorporate him? I honestly cant see how we go from possibly the best offense in the league the first 6 games, then we lose moss and we still have our offense going pretty well. and then we get Moss back again and we are struggling the most. Either its horrible coordinating (very possible) or we are holding back somewhat. Bad strategy I guess, but if you get into the playoffs, it pays off. The playoffs starts a whole new season. I dont know if i am making any sense, but I hope what im saying has some truth to it because if not, we are in some deep doo doo.

McViking
12-18-2004, 12:42 PM
I hope there is truth in it too! I guess that Tice would want Moss and Onterrio rested but surely he's learnt his lesson from last year, and he knows his job's on the line

ADubya26
12-18-2004, 12:50 PM
yeah i totally agree Mc..it would be pretty ballsy and even somewhat stupid, but we all know Tice IS ballsy and stupid at times! Whatever the case, lets go to Detroit and get a W!

casper
12-18-2004, 12:53 PM
"ADubya26" wrote:

Im not saying that the D is taking it easy, or even a majority of the offense. I am just saying that maybe there is some truth in it because Moss/Onterrio might be resting up. If you were Tice, wouldnt you make sure Randy was as rested up as possible? I mean we do have to GET INTO the playoffs first, but I think Tice has considered that a gimme for the past few weeks. Now that it is a little closer than anticipated, they might be worrying a little. To have a healthy Randy and a fresh Onterrio would give us a great shot in the playoffs though. I mean we would have the best receiver in the NFL back to normal almost and a fresh RB while all the other backs are worn down by now. That is the luxury of having so many backs like we do. What about Wiggins? We havent even seen him pretty much for the past 2-3 games. When are we going to incorporate him? I honestly cant see how we go from possibly the best offense in the league the first 6 games, then we lose moss and we still have our offense going pretty well. and then we get Moss back again and we are struggling the most. Either its horrible coordinating (very possible) or we are holding back somewhat. Bad strategy I guess, but if you get into the playoffs, it pays off. The playoffs starts a whole new season. I dont know if i am making any sense, but I hope what im saying has some truth to it because if not, we are in some deep doo doo.

Eloquently put :salute: now lets [-o< that is the deal :scratch: If not it will be a struggle :shock: but the TEAM will pull it off :twisted: Keep the faith Fellow VIKING fans :happy9: SKOL

RK.
12-18-2004, 12:56 PM
I think Moss has had all the resting up he can stand for this year. We are not playing possum we are just getting beat at the end of the season again. The team doesn't need to rest up they need to wake up.

ADubya26
12-18-2004, 06:07 PM
Yeah, I agree with you RK...we kind of blew the chance to afford to rest up, and now we have no choice but to lay it out there every game for the rest of the seaon. Im looking forward to this week a lot...i think it will go a long way to showing if we are for real or not. Lets go Vikes!