PDA

View Full Version : everyone stop trashing the D

TheAnimal93
12-14-2004, 12:50 PM
did anyone watch the MNF game? we could be chiefs fans(blasphemy) and have to watch that D every week. the D has improved in areas and areas they are still working on. all the years spent of offense and the busts and the tight pocketbook......cmon, if ya wanna rip something...go to the lions board and poke around in there for while. rejoice that we have a animal at DT again and things ARE getting better.

DemonicViking
12-14-2004, 01:12 PM
Yes, it was a good one. It does get a little tiresome when people overly critique everything. If it were more a defensive game then they'd complain about the lack of offense.

ADubya26
12-14-2004, 02:35 PM
im not really satisfied with our D and I dont really want to compare it to either one of those team's which are sub 500 teams and are out of the playoffs. It is really hard to say if we are getting better or not...it seems like it because of the new personnel we have every year from drafts, etc...but it doesnt seem like a marked improvement. There is still time to pull their act together..but most importantly out offense needs to get back to its old form. The Colts have just as bad a D as us, and look at them.

VikingsTw
12-14-2004, 02:38 PM
With as much power as our offense has we should be able to win most games, but its obvious they suck at times. They stall out or never get going, or turn the ball over. Our defense gave us chance after chance to win last week but our offense just turned around and gave the ball right back to the hawks in good field position. I for one did not go after the defense after the hawk loss, but i was shocked to see most people bashing the defense. The defense is the only thing that kept the score close in the second half because we didnt score for sh*t. I will continue to stand by our defense, they gave us a great chance to win the game but the offense did not capatalize.

TheAnimal93
12-14-2004, 03:06 PM
wellllll, aw, dont you think that 26 is definitely the best off season move we have made in a while. and maybe#51 and #54. beek is gone but you know what i mean. i wasnt pointing anyone out directly. its time to move on with the ragging is was what i trying to say. we cant get anyone unless they were off the street anyway.

tw.....couldnt have said it better myself......the "O" needs to stay on the field a good 10 minutes more a game if possible. and how do you do that you ask?(i know that you know, lol) RUN THE DAMN BALL.....man it seems like its pulling teeth to get the vikes to run the ball. i see no reason to panic even two td's down in 3rd qtr. run it, run it, dink passes(runs). control the ball....control the game

enlvikeman
12-14-2004, 03:08 PM
I'll stop bashing the vikings defense when they make me stop bashing my sofa.

VikingsTw
12-14-2004, 03:12 PM
Can someone get the time of possesion and total yardage in the second half, i'm sure that will clearly show the defense stepped up in the 2nd half and gave us a hell of a chance to win. The D was on the field alot and made stops and critical situations and got us the ball back.

PurpleReign
12-14-2004, 03:19 PM
I'd be more happy with the defense playing better in the second half, if they would stop putting us in that fucking hole to begin with in the FIRST HALF.

Color it any way you want to, put all the posative spins on it you can.....our defense still sucks.

whackthepack
12-14-2004, 03:23 PM
"PurpleReign" wrote:

I'd be more happy with the defense playing better in the second half, if they would stop putting us in that fucking hole to begin with in the FIRST HALF.

Color it any way you want to, put all the posative spins on it you can.....our defense still sucks.

Gotta agree with ya PurpleReign!

the D has to stop letting people walk on them in the 1st half, and they have to stop letting teams drive on them for TD's right after we tie the game or take the lead.

parsongeorge
12-14-2004, 05:59 PM
yeah, it's not enough to have 1 three and out per game if we are lucky. Remember people....Defense wins championships....and I dont know who it was that said our defense in 98 sucked just as bad.....but they are way wrong. That D was way better. We actually had some drive stoppers on that D...Jerry Ball, Robert Griffith..etc If I was the coach, i would piss them off and get them as mad as possible for the upcoming detroit game. I havent seen much passion from the viking defense this year...need to light a fire under their asses!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

TheAnimal93
12-14-2004, 06:01 PM
"enlvikeman" wrote:

I'll stop bashing the vikings defense when they make me stop bashing my sofa.

i know what your saying......i took my recliner in 98 and threw it out the front door and kicked it to the curb. punched a hole in the door last year. in 87 i cussed the whole neighborhood for a week. almost broke my hand on my office desk sunday......but sooner or later you have to look for something good in everything dont you? or do you? lol hopefully we we'll all feel better this sunday!!!!!

lets all rally around the 10-6 scenario!!!!!!

VKG4LFE
12-14-2004, 08:51 PM
6 points in the second half! Come on, we can't bash the D for that, they stepped up, it was our offense that didn't, even when they were given the ball at the 20!

TheAnimal93
12-14-2004, 09:21 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

6 points in the second half! Come on, we can't bash the D for that, they stepped up, it was our offense that didn't, even when they were given the ball at the 20!

perfect....thank you.....i knew somebody would come up with what has been happening basically for the past two years. :cheers: :santa:

VKG4LFE
12-14-2004, 09:22 PM
I wish that, if our d struggles in the first quarter, adjustments were made a little bit better, instead of waiting until halftime!

TheAnimal93
12-14-2004, 09:35 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

I wish that, if our d struggles in the first quarter, adjustments were made a little bit better, instead of waiting until halftime!

spoken like a man that knows his football. the second series should be enough to know how a team is trying to play you, which is usually the weakest link on the D. its a tough game of cat and mouse from there on out and depends how well they actually know each others tendencies. and how keen you are on how to stop or slow down what they are doing. they know by tuesday whats the plan and then the rest of the week it is hell to squeeze everything in and get the players focused on the plan. some players take it on themselves and some havent figured out that the best way to help the team. coach themselves.
do you think that some people get up and go to the bathroom while the vikes are on D? JJ, everyone.......

VKG4LFE
12-14-2004, 09:38 PM
"vikes can do" wrote:

"VKG4LFE" wrote:

spoken like a man that knows his football. the second series should be enough to know how a team is trying to play you, which is usually the weakest link on the D. its a tough game of cat and mouse from there on out and depends how well they actually know each others tendencies. and how keen you are on how to stop or slow down what they are doing. they know by tuesday whats the plan and then the rest of the week it is hell to squeeze everything in and get the players focused on the plan. some players take it on themselves and some havent figured out that the best way to help the team. coach themselves.
do you think that some people get up and go to the bathroom while the vikes are on D? JJ, everyone.......

Probably! I have to admit that I did, but I was already in the concourse, it started as a commercial timeout, but I took a little longer than expected! lol

TheAnimal93
12-14-2004, 09:58 PM
Probably! I have to admit that I did, but I was already in the concourse, it started as a commercial timeout, but I took a little longer than expected! lol[/quote] :study: :munky2: :study:

VKG4LFE
12-14-2004, 09:59 PM
I had a lot of beer, that's why it took longer!!

tlk23
12-14-2004, 10:04 PM
The bad thing is is that the Vikings miss so many tackles and are in possition to make plays, but they don't.

whackthepack
12-15-2004, 09:19 AM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

But they gave up 21 points in the 1st half! And they gave up almost 500 yards of offense.

VKG4LFE
12-15-2004, 01:48 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:

"VKG4LFE" wrote:

But they gave up 21 points in the 1st half! And they gave up almost 500 yards of offense.

Giving up yardage doesn't mean anything if you don't give up points! Look at the old purple people eaters. They gave up yards, but were the bend don't break style of D. Granted they didn't give up 400-500 yards a game but they still let people move the ball. With our offense (who scored 20 in the first half) we should be able to beat teams by only giving up 27 points!

snowinapril
12-15-2004, 02:05 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

Echo Echo Echo Echo

That is exactly what I have said in my limited amount of post this week. That is the only thing to say. Six points to a team that has a dominant rusher. Alexander scores TDs like they are going out of style.

One point better than us in the first half and a FG better than us in the second half. Our offense should have scored a FG or another TD in the second half.

How Much does not having a kicker that can kick over 42 yards play into the mentality of the play calling. In certain parts of the field you just can settle for a FG because the kicker can't kick it anyway.

"THE D" is doing better. Maybe we should have our half time at the end of the first quarter. When it comes down to coaching on D, they are making the necessary adjustments at half time now. The D plays in the second half, so the coaching is definitely doing their job.

Please NO Bash Vikings Now! Go bash Lions Now! You, You Go Now!!!!! :sunny:

bleedpurple
12-15-2004, 05:46 PM
Bottom line...the offense has sucked the last two weeks but the defense has sucked all year....

offense has bad playcalling...
How is it that you can play like a top 10 D in the second half but play like your not even on the field in the first...I don't get it.....That makes no sense and it has been that case the lase 6 weeks......

We just have yet to put a whole game together and its week 15.....they need to get it together...it's ridiculous

DemonicViking
12-15-2004, 05:51 PM
I think the Lions know they suck.. at least that's what they say over at their forum. It does look like a cool forum though.