PDA

View Full Version : Here kitty kitty kitty

triedandtruevikesfan
12-13-2004, 06:19 PM
Alright... Another loss behind us and I want blood this week...

Where are the kitty cat fans... I wanna talk some smack!!

TheAnimal93
12-14-2004, 10:18 AM
tnt.....you may have to go over to the lions board.....they sound pretty depressed over there too.

VKG4LFE
12-14-2004, 08:21 PM
Was the lions last win against the Giants? Man that was a long time ago!

Lyssabell
12-14-2004, 09:57 PM
hmm...too bad there are no "meow-meows" over here!

cheesefree
12-14-2004, 10:46 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

Was the lions last win against the Giants? Man that was a long time ago!

No they beat the Cardinals a couple weeks ago.

diesavike
12-14-2004, 11:07 PM
How come we don't get to play the Cardinals this regular season? Oh..wait, bad idea.

PhxFan
12-14-2004, 11:28 PM
"diesavike" wrote:

How come we don't get to play the Cardinals this regular season? Oh..wait, bad idea.
http://smilies.jeeptalk.org/contrib/geno/rofl.gif

purplehorn
12-15-2004, 02:06 PM
Tice is 5-0 against the kittens
some more of this in store

http://www.bballx.com/mosszone/12_16_01tenth_td2.jpg

VKG4LFE
12-15-2004, 05:45 PM
I hope so^^ Moss needs to have a big game this week! So does the rest of the team! Hey, at least Drummond (Det. kick returner) is hurt!

rkuriger04
12-15-2004, 06:08 PM
harrington is still starting too

silvermane
12-15-2004, 07:04 PM
"rkuriger04" wrote:

harrington is still starting too

that might be the biggest thing the vikings have going for them in this game!

VKG4LFE
12-15-2004, 07:09 PM
there you are silvermane! How are things going in the lions world?

silvermane
12-15-2004, 07:12 PM
how are things??? well as soon as our prize draft pick running back decides to turn on the heat and kill the opposition, we start to lose games and we lose our pro bowl candidate kick returner to injury...its the usual lions storyboard. as soon as one thing goes right, two other things go wrong.

VKG4LFE
12-15-2004, 07:15 PM
I was hoping that Jones would run for another 120 in the second half of that game last week! Let's hope that he finds no running room this week!! Do you think Rogers will ever live up to his hype/ability? I'm beginning to wonder.

silvermane
12-15-2004, 07:31 PM
rogers has been the subject of a lot of discussion in this town...if his collarbone fully heals he will be an incredible receiver, but for the time being he hasn't been anything more than a bust. it sucks too because harrington got really comfortable with him in practice this offseason, and i think the two of them could have shown some fireworks, but maybe next year. he and williams would make an incredible duo.

VKG4LFE
12-15-2004, 07:36 PM
Do you think Harrington will be the QB for the long run? I just don't think he is the answer! Try to get Leinart!

DemonicViking
12-15-2004, 07:39 PM
You might wanna consider drafting another WR then, who knows how he'll be when he returns considering he missed almost all of last season and now this season.

VKG4LFE
12-15-2004, 07:41 PM
I don't think drafting another WR is a good idea unless they draft one in the 4-7th rounds. They have other problems that they should focus on before getting another WR! But whatever helps the vikes I don't care!

DemonicViking
12-15-2004, 07:42 PM
Leinart claims he'll return as a senior, even if he decides to enter the NFL draft I don't think he'd fall to the Lions, more like Miami or San Fran.

VKG4LFE
12-15-2004, 07:46 PM
Oh I know. I doubt he is going to stay though, why would he, he has nothing left to prove! If they win the national title this year I think he is going pro for sure, but if they lose he might stay but I would go while I could get the big money! Especially since it's a pretty weak draft class.

silvermane
12-15-2004, 07:54 PM
i doubt the lions will draft a receiver or a quarterback in the first round...neither one is that big of a need. what we do need, playing against favre, culpepper, and down the road grossman is a pass rushing nightmare like david pollack or erasmus james. james is actually my top choice. however if shaun rogers our prize bull lineman leaves in free agency, i could see us going after a hard hitting strong safety. either way our biggest need right now, despite all the screw ups on offense, is still on the defensive side of the ball.

VKG4LFE
12-15-2004, 07:58 PM
I'm not that impressed by erasmus james. He had a heck of a year, but look at the big ten competition that he played. The big ten was one of the weakest conferences in the nation (I hate to say that, but I think it was). Pollack had a helluva career and I think he would be the better choice, especially with james' injuries in his past! But you never know!

ItalianStallion
12-15-2004, 08:00 PM
In other News I bet the Lions wished that they had picked up a dominant WR like Andre johnson instead of good ol glass collarbone Rogers.

VKG4LFE
12-15-2004, 08:01 PM
hindsight

silvermane
12-15-2004, 08:50 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

I'm not that impressed by erasmus james. He had a heck of a year, but look at the big ten competition that he played. The big ten was one of the weakest conferences in the nation (I hate to say that, but I think it was). Pollack had a helluva career and I think he would be the better choice, especially with james' injuries in his past! But you never know!

actually i have to disagree with you about the big 10. it wasn't weak...there just wasn't a dominant team. i had this arguement with my brother this weekend. in the pac-10 you have usc and cal...nobody else. in the mountain west a team like utah easily dominates. but in the big 10 there are several good teams who beat up on each other. i think the big 12 and the sec are the only two conferences more competitive and better than the big 10.

in fact if you look at the rankings, you have iowa, wisconsin, michigan, and ohio state all in the top 25 in the bcs standings. what other conference has that many teams in the top 25? the big 12 does...with oklahoma, texas, texas tech, and oklahoma state. the sec does with tennessee, florida, auburn, lsu, and georgia. and the acc does with viriginia, virginia tech, miami, and florida state. what's my point? the big 10 is no worse than either of those three other conferences...

i guess getting back to erasmus james, he is a solid pass rusher and i'd be happy with either him or pollack on the team.

VKG4LFE
12-15-2004, 09:06 PM
I would rank the big ten 4th behind all those other conferences (SEC, ACC, Big 12), but that's just me. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge gopher fan and hate to admit that the big 10 is down, but that's just the way it is for now.

cajunvike
12-16-2004, 12:32 PM
"silvermane" wrote:

i doubt the lions will draft a receiver or a quarterback in the first round...neither one is that big of a need. what we do need, playing against favre, culpepper, and down the road grossman is a pass rushing nightmare like david pollack or erasmus james. james is actually my top choice. however if shaun rogers our prize bull lineman leaves in free agency, i could see us going after a hard hitting strong safety. either way our biggest need right now, despite all the screw ups on offense, is still on the defensive side of the ball.

You guys would be crazy to let Rogers go in FA, but if he does, I am sure that he would be happy here in Vikingland...we could sure use him, paired up with KWill...LOOK OUT!!! 8)

silvermane
12-16-2004, 08:30 PM
it would be crazy, but matt millen is a crazy idiot and it wouldn't surprise me. and the last thing i want is for him to go to the vikings!

DemonicViking
12-16-2004, 09:10 PM
Ditto. I wouldn't wanna see the Vikings take a chance on an injury prone wide out.

Reminds me of when the Dolphins drafted Yatil Green back in '97, he was supposed to be their deep threat but didn't play a down until his third season with them, then they cut him loose and didn't amount to anything after that.

VKG4LFE
12-16-2004, 09:12 PM
He's talking about shaun rogers the dlineman, not charles rogers the wideout.

DemonicViking
12-16-2004, 09:43 PM
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-9/824683/8367.jpg

Knowing McCombs, you think he'd cough up the money for Shaun Rogers?