PDA

View Full Version : Vikes still hold their own destiny!

skogs02
12-13-2004, 03:16 PM
Believe it or not we still hold our own destiny.If we win out that means we would be 10-6 and the best GB can do is 10-6.The head to head tie breaker would be even as well as the divisional records, then it would go to common opponents which Minnesota has the edge beating Tennesee whereas the peckers lost to them.

Steamed Turtle
12-13-2004, 03:26 PM
Excuse me? We can be 11-5, if we both win out from this point, well, that couldn't happen, only one of us could do that, so we'll see. Pack wins division 11 - 5, vikes, 9 - 7.

x-ray jeff
12-13-2004, 03:32 PM
Seems like every year it comes down to tiebreakers,help from other teams,so on and so forth.I really do still have some hope left as Ihave for the past 34 years,but Jeez! Gadget plays are not the way to go.The only such play I might like to see would be a "student body"left or right with Duante carrying the ball.The basics are what put them into contention and resorting to trick plays shows me they don't have much confidence in their own basic skills.Get back to the run,rush the passer and kick some Lion butt next week!GO VIKINGS

skogs02
12-13-2004, 03:36 PM
"Steamed Turtle" wrote:

Excuse me? We can be 11-5, if we both win out from this point, well, that couldn't happen, only one of us could do that, so we'll see. Pack wins division 11 - 5, vikes, 9 - 7.peckers 10-6
vikes 10-6

purplehorn
12-13-2004, 03:50 PM
Excuse me the peckers will lose to Jacksonville and Mn

Pack 9-7
Vikes 10-6 nfc north champions.....

Eyesore
12-13-2004, 04:08 PM
You know its over.

OVAAAAAAAAAAA

uncle tony
12-13-2004, 04:18 PM
Nothing is over eyesore until I say it's over. And I still have faith in my vikings.

SKOL
12-13-2004, 04:40 PM
"Eyesore" wrote:

You know its over.

OVAAAAAAAAAAA

There's 3 games left, one being head to head. I sound real original here, but it aint over til the fat lady sings.

purplepat
12-13-2004, 05:26 PM
Viking fans might as well forget about the NFC North title.

The third tiebreaker (after head-to-head and division record) is conference record. The Vikings already have five conference losses to the Packers three. The Packers would have to lose two of their last three (at the Bears and Vikings, and hosting the Jaguars) for the Vikings to have a shot at the title. It could happen, but isn't likely.

muchluv4smoot
12-13-2004, 05:28 PM
"Eyesore" wrote:

You know its over.

OVAAAAAAAAAAA

Over meaning what? We won't make the playoffs? Well it looks like 8-8 or 9-7 will make the playoffs, so I think we will make the playoffs. But with moron as our coach, our playoffs are over before we even play a playoff game.

vikoles
12-13-2004, 05:52 PM
that was harsh yet i luv the "peckers" Vikes can do it WE HAVE pride and history too u know :)

skogs02
12-14-2004, 01:08 AM
"purplepat" wrote:

The third tiebreaker (after head-to-head and division record) is conference record. The Vikings already have five conference losses to the Packers three. The Packers would have to lose two of their last three (at the Bears and Vikings, and hosting the Jaguars) for the Vikings to have a shot at the title. It could happen, but isn't likely.You'r wrong.The third tiebreaker is common opponents.

ItalianStallion
12-14-2004, 11:21 AM
Yes the third tie braker is common opponents, read it on Vikingupdate.com.

If we do win out we do win the divsion. WE can always pray...

purplepat
12-14-2004, 11:34 AM
"skogs02" wrote:

"purplepat" wrote:

The third tiebreaker (after head-to-head and division record) is conference record. The Vikings already have five conference losses to the Packers three. The Packers would have to lose two of their last three (at the Bears and Vikings, and hosting the Jaguars) for the Vikings to have a shot at the title. It could happen, but isn't likely.You'r wrong.The third tiebreaker is common opponents.

I stand corrected. Conference record used to be the third tiebreaker, but apparently that was changed when the league reorganized into four team divisions. Now each division opponent has 14 common games, so record against common opponents is the third tiebreaker.

I STAND REENERGIZED! GO VIKINGS! WHACK THE PACK AND TAKE THE NFC NORTH!

whackthepack
12-14-2004, 11:57 AM
"purplepat" wrote:

"skogs02" wrote:

"purplepat" wrote:

I stand corrected. Conference record used to be the third tiebreaker, but apparently that was changed when the league reorganized into four team divisions. Now each division opponent has 14 common games, so record against common opponents is the third tiebreaker.

I STAND REENERGIZED! GO VIKINGS! WHACK THE PACK AND TAKE THE NFC NORTH!

PurplePat thanks for using my name!