PDA

View Full Version : 16 Game Season NOT 13!!!



hovan
12-12-2004, 07:58 PM
Newsflash to all of the idiots .... THERE ARE STILL 3 GAMES LEFT in the season. Yes the Vikings looked pathetic and lost a game that they should have won. But the season will go on. Buck up little campers, there is no reason to fear ...unless you are a young girl with a packer running back in your closet.

SKOL VIKINGS

If the Vikings Win Out they are in the Playoffs.

triedandtruevikesfan
12-12-2004, 08:00 PM
Thank you Hovan... its refreshing to see a REAL fan

cajunvike
12-12-2004, 08:03 PM
"hovan" wrote:

Newsflash to all of the idiots .... THERE ARE STILL 3 GAMES LEFT in the season. Yes the Vikings looked pathetic and lost a game that they should have won. But the season will go on. Buck up little campers, there is no reason to fear ...unless you are a young girl with a packer running back in your closet.

SKOL VIKINGS

If the Vikings Win Out they are in the Playoffs.

Correction...if the Vikings win out, they are the Super Bowl champs!!!

GO VIKES

hovan
12-12-2004, 08:07 PM
"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:

Thank you Hovan... its refreshing to see a REAL fan

Glad to know there are others with me. Man I wish I could get a pick up game against some Packer fans right now!

hovan
12-12-2004, 08:09 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"hovan" wrote:

Newsflash to all of the idiots .... THERE ARE STILL 3 GAMES LEFT in the season. Yes the Vikings looked pathetic and lost a game that they should have won. But the season will go on. Buck up little campers, there is no reason to fear ...unless you are a young girl with a packer running back in your closet.

SKOL VIKINGS

If the Vikings Win Out they are in the Playoffs.

Correction...if the Vikings win out, they are the Super Bowl champs!!!

GO VIKES

Solid.

poult
12-12-2004, 08:35 PM
well, seems like 90% of the board has already thrown in the towel on this year. i made a topic about hey we'll still make the playoffs and people freaked. yeah, it sucks to lose, but the fact is we are still going to make the playoffs. and its a whole new season then.

vikings_fan66
12-12-2004, 08:44 PM
Thank you.....I made a topic like this earlier saying not to overeact and stop calling for Tice's head....I got torn apart with a few supporters.....If those people are that pessimistic i would hate to see them in everyday life yikes....relax people

VikingsTw
12-12-2004, 08:46 PM
Oh yeah we're goin to the playoffs, thats fo shizle. It all starts in Detriot next week, we have to beat that team, there seriously pathetic. Then we get to brake some knuckles on Christmas Eve.

Although i do understand the upset fans, week after week the coaching staff finds a way to screw it up, it almost seems hopeless. But come tuesday and wensday we will all be ready for next sunday. It's easy to be exited each week because i know this team can compete with anyone, we have proven that, now lets put the rest of the season in the W colum.

VikingsTw
12-12-2004, 08:48 PM
"vikings_fan66" wrote:

Thank you.....I made a topic like this earlier saying not to overeact and stop calling for Tice's head....I got torn apart with a few supporters.....If those people are that pessimistic i would hate to see them in everyday life yikes....relax people

WORD! Lets rename this topic "NO HATERS"

BigPep11
12-12-2004, 08:55 PM
Hey i'm with you guys too... granted things definetly haven't been going are way lately but we haven't been completely embarassed in any of these games. Were just a few mistakes that need correcting away from being a very serious threat in the playoffs.

DemonicViking
12-12-2004, 08:57 PM
Quite frankly, there's not been a lot to feel good about and it doesn't seem like they'll advance very far in the playoffs. Regardless, I'm always with Minnesota thru thick and thin and I never ever give up on 'em. Let's go boys! let's go knock some heads in Motown next week.

vking
12-12-2004, 10:47 PM
Hey about this time last year I bet you guys were thinking the same thing.

16 not 13? Well you may stay optomistic but history says we have a good chance of dropping 2 out of 3 with Tice and his buddy Scotty running the show.

You guys better wake up. We're once again on the verge of being the NFL laughing -stock. Thanks Tice for making it really tough to hold my chin up as a Vikes fan. Can't wait to see you go. Remember guys the truth will set you free.

ADubya26
12-12-2004, 11:50 PM
Amen vking!

XTAP59
12-12-2004, 11:53 PM
"hovan" wrote:

Newsflash to all of the idiots .... THERE ARE STILL 3 GAMES LEFT in the season. Yes the Vikings looked pathetic and lost a game that they should have won. But the season will go on. Buck up little campers, there is no reason to fear ...unless you are a young girl with a packer running back in your closet.

SKOL VIKINGS

If the Vikings Win Out they are in the Playoffs.

Are you talking about last weeks debacle against the Bears or this weeks loss to the Seahawks?

I believe we have a right to call out Mike Tice and the coaching staff when making terrible calls and not putting the team in the best position to win games.

XTAP59
12-12-2004, 11:57 PM
"BigPep11" wrote:

Hey i'm with you guys too... granted things definetly haven't been going are way lately but we haven't been completely embarassed in any of these games. Were just a few mistakes that need correcting away from being a very serious threat in the playoffs.

There you go. Hello Mr. Nail. I'm the hammer......

You are absolutely correct. The Vikes have loads of talent and bacause of that can stay in any game with any team as this season has shown. But why do we lose these games? A few mistakes every game. A few coaching mistakes every game.

Tice needs to go after the season.

Del Rio
12-13-2004, 07:28 AM
Nice to know if you criticize your team your not a REAL fan, news to me.

I'd love if the Vikings made the playoffs because if for nothing else that is one more game I get to watch and it is from the team that I have always been a fan of.

But if you can sit there and actually say that this staff is what we need then I would seriously question your being a REAL fan or not.

WE ALL know what the Vikes can do, there is no doubt in my mind they can win the last three. There was no doubt in my mind that they could beat the Colts, the Eagles, the BEARS. If the Vikes played the Eagles tomorrow I'd put money on the Vikes because they are my team.

Seriously since some people on these boards live in la la land where peaches and creme are standard I suggest for all the haters who aren't REAL fans to just really enjoy the rest of the season. Football is awesome, the best sport ever created. I am going to be sad when the season is over.

Enjoy these last few weeks because after that it's basketball time and there is no way that can even hold a candle to our favorite sport.

snowinapril
12-13-2004, 10:06 AM
It is still a 16 game season and there are still concerns.

10-6 is not a bad record.

7-9 is a bad record.

I am sick of hearing, oh "we are going to win out, we are going to win out. I am the biggest fan in the world what I say goes."

Reality:

The Vikes players and the coaches all think too much. They are not letting themselves play with their hearts and their emotions and their talent. Just saying that when the game plan doesn't go as they plan, they take to long to regroup and play with confidence.

When was the last time that you have seen real fight in the Vikes Offense? A real comeback type of attitude. They are lacking fire and intensity.

I think the D even though they are worse off are the only spark on this team. They have gotten us some turn overs and stops late in the games the last 4 weeks or so since the GB game. It is the O that has sputtered.

We expect a lot of our offense and less of our D. It has been flip flopped. Think about it???

eastcoastvikes
12-13-2004, 10:16 AM
"snowinapril" wrote:

It is still a 16 game season and there are still concerns.

10-6 is not a bad record.

7-9 is a bad record.

I am sick of hearing, oh "we are going to win out, we are going to win out. I am the biggest fan in the world what I say goes."

Reality:

The Vikes players and the coaches all think too much. They are not letting themselves play with their hearts and their emotions and their talent. Just saying that when the game plan doesn't go as they plan, they take to long to regroup and play with confidence.

When was the last time that you have seen real fight in the Vikes Offense? A real comeback type of attitude. They are lacking fire and intensity.
I think the D even though they are worse off are the only spark on this team. They have gotten us some turn overs and stops late in the games the last 4 weeks or so since the GB game. It is the O that has sputtered.

We expect a lot of our offense and less of our D. It has been flip flopped. Think about it???

The last time I saw a comeback intensity was yesterday, did you not see the end of the game when they were able to get a legitimate shot to win the game with needing to go 80 yards in under a minute? The time before was against Jacksonville.

hovan
12-13-2004, 06:51 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

Nice to know if you criticize your team your not a REAL fan, news to me.
.

This post was in response to all of the banwagon posts that have occured in the past 24hrs by Viking and Packer fans declaring that the season is over, or CLAIMING they know who will win what game, and who will lose.

You don't have to think that the Vikings are going to make the playoffs, and you don't have to think that they will win another game, but when people post saying " The season is over. Were done." when there are three games left in the season is assanine.

Im with ya Poult and the others who are keeping the faith. Every year the Vikings find some way to choke...but that doesn't mean I'm not a fan. I love this team. The Vikes have some serious problems, and its sad to see some of them exist for so long, but in the end SKOL VIKINGS. THE SEASON IS NOT OVER,
" YOU CAN DO IT!"http://ropeofsilicon.com/Images/people/r/robschneider.jpg

snowinapril
12-13-2004, 07:41 PM
"eastcoastvikes" wrote:

"snowinapril" wrote:

It is still a 16 game season and there are still concerns.

10-6 is not a bad record.

7-9 is a bad record.

I am sick of hearing, oh "we are going to win out, we are going to win out. I am the biggest fan in the world what I say goes."

Reality:

The Vikes players and the coaches all think too much. They are not letting themselves play with their hearts and their emotions and their talent. Just saying that when the game plan doesn't go as they plan, they take to long to regroup and play with confidence.

When was the last time that you have seen real fight in the Vikes Offense? A real comeback type of attitude. They are lacking fire and intensity.
I think the D even though they are worse off are the only spark on this team. They have gotten us some turn overs and stops late in the games the last 4 weeks or so since the GB game. It is the O that has sputtered.

We expect a lot of our offense and less of our D. It has been flip flopped. Think about it???

The last time I saw a comeback intensity was yesterday, did you not see the end of the game when they were able to get a legitimate shot to win the game with needing to go 80 yards in under a minute? The time before was against Jacksonville.

I didn't see the end of the game yester day. I had to tape it and only watched the first half so far.

I saw the Jacksonville game. But still there is not that sense of urgency to the comebacks. Too laid back.

vikoles
12-13-2004, 07:45 PM
I BELIEVVVEEEEEEEEE Super Bowl bound in 05! :)

rkuriger04
12-13-2004, 07:46 PM
any of u actually get to the seattle game?...i went and u guys are whining about looking horrible and not playing hard but if u watched u could see they were moving th ball and holding seattle in key situations. there were just some bad calls and yes a few plays were poorly executed, but get over it cuz detroits gonna get whats coming to them

vikoles
12-13-2004, 07:49 PM
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

VikesFan111
12-13-2004, 08:32 PM
Vikes just need to pound the Lions. BAD. Carry that momentum to Green Bay and win out in Washington. 10-6. Eagles sure don't look invincible to me. Especially after Sunday night's game. We just needed a challenge and a touchdown instead of a fumble at the 1 yd. line and the eagles would be sittin at 11-2. The team that scares me in the playoffs would be the panthers to tell you the truth. Hope someone beats em this week.

BTW, I hope someone buys the Vikes out. This McCombs crap is not workin for me. I also put 100 bucks on the line saying that the Vikes would go the divisional championship at the beginning of the season. The two guys I bet said they wouldn't even make it to the wild card. Just win out Vikes...please!

Sorry for stating the obvious.

x-ray jeff
12-13-2004, 08:44 PM
Yeah! You are right Hovan.I was real down after Bears then Seahawks,but the season ain't over yet!GO VIKINGS!

CT Viking Man
12-13-2004, 09:51 PM
Deep inside I believe the Vikings will make it to the playoffs. It's just been tough the last two weeks to even feel like they would be able to do something once they got there. I just still have that eery feeling that somehow the Vikes will not make the playoffs and it may come down to the last game against the Redskins. I just can't fathom it though with the talent that is on the team.

snowinapril
12-13-2004, 09:54 PM
"rkuriger04" wrote:

any of u actually get to the seattle game?...i went and u guys are whining about looking horrible and not playing hard but if u watched u could see they were moving th ball and holding seattle in key situations. there were just some bad calls and yes a few plays were poorly executed, but get over it cuz detroits gonna get whats coming to them

True that.

We allowed 6 points in the second half. The offense gave the ball up 2 times when we needed a score.

6 points that is good. That means we made adjustments and held them.

hovan
12-14-2004, 12:50 PM
"x-ray jeff" wrote:

Yeah! You are right Hovan.I was real down after Bears then Seahawks,but the season ain't over yet!GO VIKINGS!

LETS GO VIKINGS! Its the Packers that have everything to lose. They are the ones with the Division lead, who are going to have a Bad Christmas. SKOL VIKINGS WIN OUT!!

bleedpurple
12-14-2004, 01:08 PM
To everyone who says your a bad fan for being realistic is just ignorant.

The fact of the matter is that I nor most people believe the season is over...people who talk like that just are upset and talking out of emotion...or so I believe..

But I just hate nail biting against teams that I know we can beat....It seems even when we dominate games we are one play away from loosing and that really sucks.

I was confident in our team until the BEARS game and after that game....to tell you the truth..I just don't know whats going to happen from week to week...

We should have a team where we are surprised if we loose..instead if we win I'm like phwew!! and If we loose I'm like we should have one if not for this play and that play....

The team just has no mental toughness so far..

I have yet to see that spark in their eyes that says because we have Daunte and Randy we are still in it no matter what...instead we are like hope we don't loose..

Brett Favre can throw 5 picks but you know going into the 4th quarter if they are down 2 scores you know that's close enough for him...

Not for us...

You have to admit...since Moss came back our passing game seems out of sink...

So with that said...I just hope we can close out the last 3 games like in Tice's first year....

BUT THE TRUTH IS......YOU JUST DON'T KNOW!!!

Del Rio
12-14-2004, 01:14 PM
I don't really care if people think your not a fan if you criticise your team I just find it interesting logic.

I know the Vikes can win any game they play. And I know we will make the playoffs. If they can't make the playoffs in a year like this then there is something seriously messed up with the team.

bleedpurple
12-14-2004, 01:19 PM
What do you mean interesting logic? if you criticise your team?

Del Rio
12-14-2004, 01:24 PM
That was in response to Hovan. I didn't feel like quoting I'm lazy on Tuesdays :D

Basically this thread started off by saying if you criticize your team you are not a fan. I disagree with that and said it was interesting logic. I would take it a step further and say if you love something you are often more critical of it.

bleedpurple
12-14-2004, 01:29 PM
I totally agree

RandyMoss8404
12-14-2004, 01:33 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

That was in response to Hovan. I didn't feel like quoting I'm lazy on Tuesdays :D

Basically this thread started off by saying if you criticize your team you are not a fan. I disagree with that and said it was interesting logic. I would take it a step further and say if you love something you are often more critical of it.

Shut up you 'closet packer bagger' (I think that's what Hovan says,) no constructive criticism here

Del Rio
12-14-2004, 01:39 PM
"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

That was in response to Hovan. I didn't feel like quoting I'm lazy on Tuesdays :D

Basically this thread started off by saying if you criticize your team you are not a fan. I disagree with that and said it was interesting logic. I would take it a step further and say if you love something you are often more critical of it.

Shut up you 'closet packer bagger' (I think that's what Hovan says,) no constructive criticism here


No Hovan knows I'm no packer fan. I was stating that one can criticize his team and still be a fan.

whackthepack
12-14-2004, 02:28 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

That was in response to Hovan. I didn't feel like quoting I'm lazy on Tuesdays :D

Basically this thread started off by saying if you criticize your team you are not a fan. I disagree with that and said it was interesting logic. I would take it a step further and say if you love something you are often more critical of it.

Shut up you 'closet packer bagger' (I think that's what Hovan says,) no constructive criticism here


No Hovan knows I'm no packer fan. I was stating that one can criticize his team and still be a fan.


Damn straight Del Rio!


Look at the Pack in the Mid to late 70's and the early 80's, their fans still sold out the stadium (nobody went) and the team officials did not have to put a good team on the field because the fans still supported everything they did!

Sammie85
12-14-2004, 03:33 PM
Hello boys and girls,
Heck of a week for my first post, but take heart everyone...... remember 1987... Vikes "back" into the playoffs with a heart breaking overtime loss to Washington but get enough help to make the post -season at 8-7... They proceed to roll over the saints 44-10 and shock the heavily favored 'Niners at Candlestick 36-24.. Joe Montana atually got pulled in that game. Lost to eventual Superbowl champs Washington in NFC championship by falling 3 yards short of the goaline (Darrin Nelson) last play of the game. That was with freakin' Wade Wilson and Anthony Carter. The Purple can definitely pull this off with Culp and a soon to be healthy Randy Moss.... I know, I know.. D was much better then, but ours is coming around..... NEVER GIVE UP...The PACK still SUCK. Farve is one hit away from retirement!

whackthepack
12-14-2004, 03:45 PM
"Sammie85" wrote:

Hello boys and girls,
Heck of a week for my first post, but take heart everyone...... remember 1987... Vikes "back" into the playoffs with a heart breaking overtime loss to Washington but get enough help to make the post -season at 8-7... They proceed to roll over the saints 44-10 and shock the heavily favored 'Niners at Candlestick 36-24.. Joe Montana atually got pulled in that game. Lost to eventual Superbowl champs Washington in NFC championship by falling 3 yards short of the goaline (Darrin Nelson) last play of the game. That was with freakin' Wade Wilson and Anthony Carter. The Purple can definitely pull this off with Culp and a soon to be healthy Randy Moss.... I know, I know.. D was much better then, but ours is coming around..... NEVER GIVE UP...The PACK still SUCK. Farve is one hit away from retirement!


Sammie85 (assuming Sammy White) Welcome to the board and gald to have ya!


The only draw back to that logic is the 87 team was the strike shortened season. The replacement players went 0-3, the regular players were 8-4.
The regular players were playing a heck of a lot better than the current team is, and the defense for the 87 team was outstanding!

bleedpurple
12-14-2004, 03:55 PM
I remember that!!! That was my first season as a VIkings fan...I was 7

ItalianStallion
12-14-2004, 04:18 PM
Actually I wish it were a 13 game season. Because then we would be guaranteed a playoff spot.

SKOL
12-14-2004, 04:27 PM
Welcome Sammie85. Anyone that hates the Pack is welcome around here - this is, after all, the official Packers Suck Site. I'm sure Cajunvike will give you the newbie spiel, so watch for that.

packmanxxxi
12-14-2004, 05:11 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

That was in response to Hovan. I didn't feel like quoting I'm lazy on Tuesdays :D

Basically this thread started off by saying if you criticize your team you are not a fan. I disagree with that and said it was interesting logic. I would take it a step further and say if you love something you are often more critical of it.

Shut up you 'closet packer bagger' (I think that's what Hovan says,) no constructive criticism here


No Hovan knows I'm no packer fan. I was stating that one can criticize his team and still be a fan.


Damn straight Del Rio!


Look at the Pack in the Mid to late 70's and the early 80's, their fans still sold out the stadium (nobody went) and the team officials did not have to put a good team on the field because the fans still supported everything they did!

Good point whack... if it wasn't for Favre and Holmgren, the Pack would still be doing the same thing...

TheAnimal93
12-14-2004, 05:28 PM
"Sammie85" wrote:

Hello boys and girls,
Heck of a week for my first post, but take heart everyone...... remember 1987... Vikes "back" into the playoffs with a heart breaking overtime loss to Washington but get enough help to make the post -season at 8-7... They proceed to roll over the saints 44-10 and shock the heavily favored 'Niners at Candlestick 36-24.. Joe Montana atually got pulled in that game. Lost to eventual Superbowl champs Washington in NFC championship by falling 3 yards short of the goaline (Darrin Nelson) last play of the game. That was with freakin' Wade Wilson and Anthony Carter. The Purple can definitely pull this off with Culp and a soon to be healthy Randy Moss.... I know, I know.. D was much better then, but ours is coming around..... NEVER GIVE UP...The PACK still SUCK. Farve is one hit away from retirement!



welcome............those were some awesome games.....wow......i hated san fran so bad back then, but who didnt? and the saints were the media darlings.....think SI picked the vikes to finish dead last that year....what a crazy year!!!! i am a newbie here also and man i have never seen people so pissed, i was one of them too!!!! thanks for another voice of never give up the ship!!!!

hovan
12-14-2004, 06:54 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

That was in response to Hovan. I didn't feel like quoting I'm lazy on Tuesdays :D

Basically this thread started off by saying if you criticize your team you are not a fan. I disagree with that and said it was interesting logic. I would take it a step further and say if you love something you are often more critical of it.

Whoahhhhhhhhh!!!! "Basically this thread started off by saying if you criticize your team you are not a fan" When and where did this thread go in that direction? Not what I said bro and not what I meant. I'm just as critical as you about this team
We pay money to watch this team, we buy Viking Merchandise, we control the team. Without the fans there is no team or game. We the fans have the right to stand up and speak our mind. I was not alluding to that at all.
This post was in response to the numerous posts that occured last sunday declaring that the season was over and that the Vikings were not going to the Playoffs or winning the division. So far it is a free message board, where children and banwagoners are allowed to post their nonsense. I was tired of reading proPacker banter and decided to post a message to perhaps shake them from reality. I have always enjoyed your sensical posts Del Rio and do not wish to make you an enemy as we hope for the same thing, VIKING VICTORY. Now granted, if the Vikings continue to play like they have lately, then there won't be any wins for quite some time.

SKOL VIKINGS !!WIN OUT!!

hovan
12-14-2004, 06:57 PM
"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

That was in response to Hovan. I didn't feel like quoting I'm lazy on Tuesdays :D

Basically this thread started off by saying if you criticize your team you are not a fan. I disagree with that and said it was interesting logic. I would take it a step further and say if you love something you are often more critical of it.

Shut up you 'closet packer bagger' (I think that's what Hovan says,) no constructive criticism here

No that would be another lie, but I'm used to coming from you.

Del Rio
12-15-2004, 06:21 AM
"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:

Thank you Hovan... its refreshing to see a REAL fan

I was refering to this. I have no problem with anyone. I wasn't upset it's just interesting some people feel that way. That's just how I took it no big deal at all.

After reading back I really took it out of context.

hovan
12-15-2004, 01:23 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:

Thank you Hovan... its refreshing to see a REAL fan

I was refering to this. I have no problem with anyone. I wasn't upset it's just interesting some people feel that way. That's just how I took it no big deal at all.

After reading back I really took it out of context.

Good. Now when are you going to send me some pics of that awesome art you do up north? :thumbleft:

Del Rio
12-15-2004, 01:54 PM
Hell I forgot all about that. Sorry, I will post some of my artwork in my Photo Album, I've been too busy posting half naked women in there :D

VKG4LFE
12-15-2004, 05:19 PM
WOW!! I suggest everybody look at del rios photo gallery!!

cajunvike
12-15-2004, 05:53 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

Hell I forgot all about that. Sorry, I will post some of my artwork in my Photo Album, I've been too busy posting half naked women in there :D

You say that like it is a BAD thing!!! :lol:

hovan
12-15-2004, 11:53 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

Hell I forgot all about that. Sorry, I will post some of my artwork in my Photo Album, I've been too busy posting half naked women in there :D

Wow! All I have to say about your gallery is NICE RACK!!!!! :lol: