PDA

View Full Version : Letdown for Vikes at home?

packmanxxxi
12-12-2004, 10:41 AM
I know the responses I am going to get already, but my question is this...

Do you see the tailspin for the Vikings that I see? Here's my reasons...

You lost to the BEARS! And yes, the Packers lost to the BEARS and it sent them into an 0-4 tailspin. They have recovered. Will the Vikings faster?

Memories of last year HAVE to be in the minds of the players. HOw can ANYONE say its not. The players are human, they remember, not to mention the media bashing them about it all the time.

I see the Vikes finishing out 1-3, just making the playoffs.

Call me crazy. My Packers arent much better. A loss to 10-1 Philly and a loss to 4-7 Chicago is NOT the same.

The Packers have looked consistent and dominating outside of the debacle in Philly. The Vikings have looked scattered, inconsistent, and downright bad at times. They very very easily could have lost their last 3 games.

I see a win over Washington the last week of the season. Thats it. Say what you want about the Packers, they looked horrible last week. The Vikings looked worse.

muchluv4smoot
12-12-2004, 10:59 AM
"packmanxxxi" wrote:

You lost to the BEARS! And yes, the Packers lost to the BEARS and it sent them into an 0-4 tailspin. They have recovered. Will the Vikings faster?

Memories of last year HAVE to be in the minds of the players. HOw can ANYONE say its not. The players are human, they remember, not to mention the media bashing them about it all the time.

Call me crazy. My Packers arent much better. A loss to 10-1 Philly and a loss to 4-7 Chicago is NOT the same.

The Packers have looked consistent and dominating outside of the debacle in Philly. The Vikings have looked scattered, inconsistent, and downright bad at times. They very very easily could have lost their last 3 games.

I see a win over Washington the last week of the season. Thats it. Say what you want about the Packers, they looked horrible last week. The Vikings looked worse.

I don't know how many people would say we looked worse than the pack did last week. How is that even possible??

As for a slide, ask me after this game. If we lose to seattle, we r in trouble. Maybe it would help red realize tice needs to go.

VikingsTw
12-12-2004, 11:07 AM
"packmanxxxi" wrote:

LMAO! Who did they dominate? The rams, lol.

packmanxxxi
12-12-2004, 11:23 AM
Well, the Vikes have lost 19 of 20 games outside... good thing they are in the dome...

Viking_Spirit
12-12-2004, 11:28 AM
"packmanxxxi" wrote:

Well, the Vikes have lost 19 of 20 games outside... good thing they are in the dome...
I for one am very glad that the Vikes are in a dome this week!

You know what, I hate to admit it, but you just may be right. What's happening right now looks pretty familiar to what happened last year........now I've got "Will it be a repeat of last year?" in the back of my mind.

If the Vikes win this week though, I think I can kiss the worries of repeating last year goodbye. If they don't win this week, we're in trouble.

Viking_Spirit
12-12-2004, 11:32 AM
Also, I wouldn't say the Packers dominated anyone but the Rams. And, I also think the Vikes performed better than the Packers last week.......the Packers just got manhandled by the Eagles, at least the Vikes were in the game the whole time. Yes, it was the Bears, but the Pack just got completly manhandled.

TheAnimal93
12-12-2004, 11:34 AM
DOMINATE?????????? LOL!!!!! DOMINATE!????? maybe you should look at your own team before you bash ours! truth being told NOBODY has scored more than forty on the vikes. pack 3 times. we have not lost to anyone by more than two td's(which you can say is a domination) and the pack has 3 such losses. and more of that, THE PACK LOST TO the bears by one more point than the vikes did. stick that in yor cheesewheel and smoke it!!!

packmanxxxi
12-12-2004, 12:07 PM
look at the last 7 games... recent games... come on now

ultravikingfan
12-12-2004, 03:01 PM
"packmanxxxi" wrote:

Yeah, good thing!

packmanxxxi
12-12-2004, 03:13 PM
Guess it didnt matter

dart18
12-12-2004, 03:18 PM
i will say SLIDE commensing, we are walking into a very hard game next week and if we overlook the lions a collapse will have happened again

Caine
12-12-2004, 03:22 PM
"packmanxxxi" wrote:

Let's reverse that:

Do you think the Packers - with an abysmal Defense - can slip into the Play-Offs?

You play a bad Detroit team today, then it's Jacksonville, Minnesota, and the Bears. Green Bay could easily lose all three of these games.

My brother - a packer fan - and I talked about this today. My main point was that Minnesota has some critical people out with injury (Birk and Winfield). Both of whom will be back soon. Green Bay has no "Team Saver" returning. They are as healthy as they could reasonably expect to be.

As for Green Bay "Dominating" people...they have managed to "Dominate" some pretty bad teams...and in return have been dominated several times (Tennessee and Philly), only once by a "good" team.

The fact is, argueing over who's the better team - at this point - is like saying "Who sucks less". Neither team has the horsepower to go anywhere right now. Neither team is a legitimate contender. And, when it all gets boiled down, neither team is really playing very well.

But, to answer your original question: I see a tailspin, but not like last year. I see a continuation of the same spin. The Defense was the cause last season, and they are STILL the problem. Add in bad play calls on Offense, and that's a recipe for losing...a recipe BOTH teams have almost perfected.

Caine

PS: regarding this specific line:
Call me crazy. My Packers arent much better. A loss to 10-1 Philly and a loss to 4-7 Chicago is NOT the same. You're right. Losing to the Bears isn't anywhere near as bad as getting absolutely DESTROYED by the Eagles...but you have my sympathy.

dan3ski
12-12-2004, 03:40 PM
My only question is will Birk and Winfield come back in time to help?

packmanxxxi
12-12-2004, 03:47 PM
"Caine" wrote:

"packmanxxxi" wrote:

Let's reverse that:

Do you think the Packers - with an abysmal Defense - can slip into the Play-Offs?

You play a bad Detroit team today, then it's Jacksonville, Minnesota, and the Bears. Green Bay could easily lose all three of these games.

My brother - a packer fan - and I talked about this today. My main point was that Minnesota has some critical people out with injury (Birk and Winfield). Both of whom will be back soon. Green Bay has no "Team Saver" returning. They are as healthy as they could reasonably expect to be.

As for Green Bay "Dominating" people...they have managed to "Dominate" some pretty bad teams...and in return have been dominated several times (Tennessee and Philly), only once by a "good" team.

The fact is, argueing over who's the better team - at this point - is like saying "Who sucks less". Neither team has the horsepower to go anywhere right now. Neither team is a legitimate contender. And, when it all gets boiled down, neither team is really playing very well.

But, to answer your original question: I see a tailspin, but not like last year. I see a continuation of the same spin. The Defense was the cause last season, and they are STILL the problem. Add in bad play calls on Offense, and that's a recipe for losing...a recipe BOTH teams have almost perfected.

Caine

PS: regarding this specific line:
Call me crazy. My Packers arent much better. A loss to 10-1 Philly and a loss to 4-7 Chicago is NOT the same. You're right. Losing to the Bears isn't anywhere near as bad as getting absolutely DESTROYED by the Eagles...but you have my sympathy.

Talking smack after a loss????? WOW

skogs02
12-12-2004, 03:49 PM
birk will be back next week prolly and winfield the week after

skogs02
12-12-2004, 04:55 PM
"packmanxxxi" wrote:

I see a win over Washington the last week of the season. Thats it. Say what you want about the Packers, they looked horrible last week. The Vikings looked worse.before you start to cut down our team you better look at your own :salute:

packmanxxxi
12-12-2004, 06:44 PM
I do think my team won.... hmmm... Ill look at them... in first place by a game WITH the division record tied, the common opponents tied, and the conference record favoring the Packers... MEANING, if the Vikes beat the Pack, Pack still wins the division if they beat the bears and jac... hee hee

hovan
12-12-2004, 07:43 PM
"packmanxxxi" wrote:

I do think my team won.... hmmm... Ill look at them... in first place by a game WITH the division record tied, the common opponents tied, and the conference record favoring the Packers... MEANING, if the Vikes beat the Pack, Pack still wins the division if they beat the bears and jac... hee hee

Dude, get a life. Do you really expect to have credibillity around here after you vanished early on in the season..claiming that you were struggling with a heavy work load. :roll: Get a Life BanWagoner. The only true Packer Fans here are Bartime and Los...the rest of you stinkin Cocharoaches can :la: eachother!

cajunvike
12-12-2004, 08:02 PM
"packmanxxxi" wrote:

The Packers have looked consistent and dominating outside of the debacle in Philly.

If "dominating" means winning it on the last drive from being either tied or losing...then you are correct. But if it is most people's definition of dominating, you are delusional!

That all being said, your guys are winning the close ones and our guys aren't...that is the one thing that I can concede to you. The fact of the matter is that neither team will go far in the playoffs continuing on the performance levels that they are currently performing at. I am already looking forward to next year's draft...VIKES in 2005!!!

Caine
12-14-2004, 10:14 PM
"packmanxxxi" wrote:

Talking smack after a loss????? WOW

When will you learn?

Stating what I did isn't smack - it's all verifyable. And, rereading it myself, I see nothing remotely out of line in my previous post.

I didn't say we were "Dominant", I didn't claim any team superiority, I simply laid it all out in reverse. If that's smack, then the rest of the world should follow suit.

Caine

Lyssabell
12-14-2004, 10:17 PM
packman...do you make these posts to get a rise out of people?

Eyesore
12-14-2004, 10:20 PM
Damb it feels good to be gansta....

NeoVikesTX
12-14-2004, 10:28 PM
"packmanxxxi" wrote:

Common opponents are NOT tied. Vikings beat the Titans, you guys got KILLED at home by the Titans. Therefore, if the Vikes win out, we will win the division. In other words, WE control our own destiny!

Why don't you do a little research before you open your big mouth.
http://www.jsonline.com/packer/news/dec04/283897.asp

Eyesore
12-14-2004, 10:33 PM
You control your own destiny

So do the Packers

You "need" the packers to loose atleast 1 more game

(yeah 12-24-04...save it)

poult
12-15-2004, 12:43 AM
"Eyesore" wrote:

damn it feels good to pass second grade english.

Lyssabell
12-15-2004, 07:02 AM
"poult" wrote:

"Eyesore" wrote:

damn it feels good to pass second grade english.

thats what i was going to say...

Eyesore
12-15-2004, 08:02 AM
Damb it feels good two pass the second grade

Wyndy11
12-15-2004, 12:19 PM
I guess I raised her well.......I'm so proud Lyssabell

purplehorn
12-15-2004, 12:33 PM
"packmanxxxi" wrote:

Do you see the tailspin for the Vikings that I see? .

I see the Pack without a win in their final three games and the Vikes
going 3-0 to win the division- How do ya like them apples cheese whiz.

VKG4LFE
12-15-2004, 12:38 PM
I don't know why we argue about our teams! They are both equally good and equally shitty! If they both don't make the playoffs I would be shocked!

packmanxxxi
12-15-2004, 06:11 PM
Actually Vike, the Pack is one game better.... ;)

VKG4LFE
12-15-2004, 07:03 PM
Are you referring to my post? one game in the standings, but we are pretty equal in all other aspects. We'll catch you!

BigDaddy
12-16-2004, 09:50 AM
Wow, talk about putting spins on who lost to who. Why don't you both ask each other, how many teams with winning records have either of you beaten? ONE. Yeah, offensively, I think you have really good units, Moss, Culpepper, Bennett and Smith and Favre, Green, Walker but defensively, you both suck. You couldn't compete with the likes of Indy, New England, Pittsburgh, Philly, hell or even Atlanta. Vick would kill you both. Truth is, I think you will both back into the playoffs and promptly get your asses handed to you because you cannot stop anyone. Or at least, you haven't stopped a good offense yet.

bleedpurple
12-16-2004, 10:50 AM
Our D played well against Indy in the second half aside from the last drive....

Our D can play with anyone in the second half of games...but will get torched by the worse of them in the first half....

and BD who's your team Chicago?.....and your ...................talking........Smack? WOW