PDA

View Full Version : #23 on the field

TheAnimal93
12-12-2004, 06:59 AM
bennett will get more reps this week. supposedly every 3rd series. lol. will this be it for him? or will he have a good game? at home, on turf, lets hope so!!!!!

Eyesore
12-12-2004, 09:42 AM
:rr:

mvikes84
12-16-2004, 10:55 PM
Bennett can only score from anywhere on the field,why would we want him in there? WTF It's not like O. Smith has been racking up td's and 100 yd games. Give Bennett a chance now that he's healthy and Moss is back in the lineup.

ADubya26
12-17-2004, 01:35 AM
Bennett sucks..the reason Onterrio isnt racking up 100 yard games is because Bennett gets some of his reps every game. last week onterrio was tearing it up and then Bennett trots on the field. Ever since Bennett has come back into the lineup, notice how we have been crappy on offense? He throws the whole pace off. Im sick of this guy on the field.

hawaiianvike21
12-17-2004, 02:22 AM
Screw bennett.lmao. We should put in mewelde moore. When he was in, we did awesome. Hes just as good of a runner as bennett and smith and catches the ball extremely well, youd think he was a receiver or something. We should mix it up with moore and smith. Sure dont know bout bennett though.

Viking_Spirit
12-17-2004, 08:16 AM
"hawaiianvike21" wrote:

Screw bennett.lmao. We should put in mewelde moore. When he was in, we did awesome. Hes just as good of a runner as bennett and smith and catches the ball extremely well, youd think he was a receiver or something. We should mix it up with moore and smith. Sure dont know bout bennett though.
I agree.......screw Bennett. I say we try to trade the guy to a team like Miami in the offseason. Right now, we definatly should be giving some carries to Moore, the guy just hits the holes so well, and his form is so pure. We're throwing something away if we don't use Moore in our backfield.

Storm
12-17-2004, 09:11 AM
Man, I was hoping MM would carry the load ever since he got benched... The numbers speak for themselves, the guy did great every time he started. Wtf is up with him needing to "carve out himself a role"? Rushing for like 100 yards a game is not enough for you, mr Tice? God I hate our coaching staff...

WaltzingMewelde
12-17-2004, 10:05 AM
It baffles me how double M isnt getting some touches. I personally think that onterrio is overrated. I guess he is a solid power back, but it always seems like he gets a full head of steam...so much so that he cant keep his balance. the guy is constantly falling forward when it looks like he is gonna break a big one

VKG4LFE
12-17-2004, 10:49 AM
I can't say that I don't like Bennett, but he just hasn't produced the way that he probably should. I know he's coming off injury and stuff, but we have very capable backs behind him (well in front of him now). When we had Robert Smith and he kept getting hurt, did we really have anyone to take his place. I don't think so, but I can't really remember either. That's why we waited so long for R. Smith to be healthy. It paid off. I don't know if we are going to invest that much time in Bennett, just because we have a solid core of backs. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

RandyMoss8404
12-17-2004, 10:50 AM
Bennett needs to have a good game or two so we can trade him.

Vikings Fan At MSU
12-17-2004, 08:33 PM
Oneterrio is playing better then bennett and Moore has proven that he is a very good back up if they were to package Hovan and bennett in a deal i think we could get a first round pick i mean seriously how sweet would it be to draft Jimmy Willaims from Virgina Tech with Winfield across the field from him and then we can get another 1st round pick and get a Free Safety to replace Russell who Blows Balls

GreenBaySlackers
12-17-2004, 08:58 PM
"Eyesore" wrote:

:rr:

no wonder he/she has so many posts...

mvikes84
12-17-2004, 09:23 PM
O. Smith averaged 4.0 yds per carry last week. How is that "tearing it up" ADubya 26?

mvikes84
12-17-2004, 09:56 PM
O. Smith averaged 4.0 yds per carry last week. How is that "tearing it up" ADubya 26?

ItalianStallion
12-17-2004, 10:18 PM
Well maybe if we actually ran the ball past the 2nd quarter, when the defense might actually be tired that average would improve. Still, 4 yards a carry with two offensive lineman and our best blocking TE injured aint that bad.

vikefan4ever
12-17-2004, 10:19 PM
MM definately needs to play more this week. He has a knack for finding a hole and when he gets through that hole he has a knack for breaking tackles. But you cant really say that he shouldve been playin these last 4 or so weeks because he has had that high ankle sprain. Onterrio and MM SHOULD have the same amount of playin time but u no they won't cuz the coaches arent smart enough to play MM.
trade bennett cuz he has no role on this team anymore, i dont know if i'm the only one that sees it but when he runs he seems to studder step a lot, that is a big weakness to him cuz he gets tackled usually for a loss or a very short gain.

mvikes84
12-18-2004, 07:17 PM
Smith's 4 yds per carry isn't any better than what Bennett has done but everyone seems to hate Bennett for some reason.

VikemanX84
12-18-2004, 07:27 PM
Smith is great, and I think he shoudl be our starter, but lets be honest here, Bennett definitely doesn't suck. Has he even gotten 10 carries in a game since he came back? How can a runningback come back from and injury and make any kind of impact when we have 3 other starting quality backs and we don't run that much anyway. He was doing friggin' fantastic during teh off-season, a bad coaching move by Tice is what did him in. Lets not forget how dangerous he is. I mean he rarely got 20 carries a game in '02 but he put up 1,300 yards.

Personally, with JK out, I say we go with both bennett and smith in the back.

VikingsTw
12-18-2004, 07:28 PM
If it should be anyone it should be a rotation of MM and Onterrio there running style is similar so we wouldnt loose momentum, bennett is a different runner, they block different for him, it screws up the balance of the offense. I needs to ride the bench, or be put in on screen situations.

Or put bennett in practice as the # one runner let him practice with the first unit the whole week and let him take the bolk of carries, but dont throw him in every 3rd series. Tice is a players coach and bennetts a great guy, go figure.

If i was coaching Onterrio, MM and Moe would be rotating to some extent.

VikingsTw
12-18-2004, 07:30 PM
"VikemanX84" wrote:

Smith is great, and I think he shoudl be our starter, but lets be honest here, Bennett definitely doesn't suck. Has he even gotten 10 carries in a game since he came back? How can a runningback come back from and injury and make any kind of impact when we have 3 other starting quality backs and we don't run that much anyway. He was doing friggin' fantastic during teh off-season, a bad coaching move by Tice is what did him in. Lets not forget how dangerous he is. I mean he rarely got 20 carries a game in '02 but he put up 1,300 yards.

Personally, with JK out, I say we go with both bennett and smith in the back.

One or the other, bennett or onterrio, not both at the same time, there different runners, they demand different styles of blocking. I would like to see bennett get all the carries in a game then find out weather or not hes for our offense.

VikemanX84
12-18-2004, 07:33 PM
First, what you said about the rotation doesn't make much sense at all. It is better for the offense to use two different styles of runners. It's called a one-two punch. Any momemtum you're offense is going to lose they would lose anyway because you switched runningbacks, but that won't happen. Using to different runners, but who are both effective keeps a defense off-guard and confused.

Bennett is a starting Calibur back in the league, It's too bad he had to get injured asnd then not get a chance to get back in.

VikingsTw
12-18-2004, 07:37 PM
"VikemanX84" wrote:

First, what you said about the rotation doesn't make much sense at all. It is better for the offense to use two different styles of runners. It's called a one-two punch. Any momemtum you're offense is going to lose they would lose anyway because you switched runningbacks, but that won't happen. Using to different runners, but who are both effective keeps a defense off-guard and confused.

Bennett is a starting Calibur back in the league, It's too bad he had to get injured asnd then not get a chance to get back in.

It hasnt worked yet so I'm starting to wonder if thats a good idea at all, i dont think it is. One or the other, bennett or onterio. It would make a huge difference if birk, rosenthal, and jimmy were healthy.