PDA

View Full Version : Don't Do It Adrian!!!!!

COJOMAY
01-08-2008, 01:54 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2285/1874990958_6a06aec480.jpg?v=0

Don't do it because you'll get badly injured

Json
01-08-2008, 01:59 PM
As much as I'm for watching Adrian get marketing etc, please lord don't sign up for this one and if he does somebody needs to smack the snot out of his agent!

jmcdon00
01-08-2008, 02:09 PM
Do it!! Just coincidence, vince young was playing in January(though he didn't play well all season). I am amazed that there are people out there that will buy into this crap. Believing in voodoo, or curses, or jinxes is just silly.
Plus my Madden franchise is gonna kick ass with Peterson a 99 overall(if he's on the cover his rating must go up).

NodakPaul
01-08-2008, 02:26 PM
Noooooooo!

AD is a pretty good possibility, of course so are Brady and Moss...

Mr Anderson
01-08-2008, 02:37 PM
I think since he's "injury prone" to begin with, the Madden Curse will have opposite effect on Adrian Peterson.

V4L
01-08-2008, 03:06 PM
Bob Sanders
AP
Willis
Brady

One of these 4 will get it I bet

BadlandsVikings
01-08-2008, 03:09 PM
I'm sure he's smart enough not to do it.

cogitans
01-08-2008, 03:13 PM
Please. Don't be so superstitious.

V4L
01-08-2008, 03:14 PM
"BadlandsViking" wrote:

IDK.. I would take the check!!

He is dumber then a box of rocks too.. Have you heard him talk? Ha

Hell of a runner though

NodakPaul
01-08-2008, 03:16 PM
"V4L" wrote:

"BadlandsViking" wrote:

Hell of a runner though

???
Actually he sounds pretty smart.

pack93z
01-08-2008, 03:17 PM
A sophmore slump and Madden Jinx... tempting the fates a little ehh!!
;D

Bunch on non-sense if you ask me.. I say he is the most electric playing in the league right now and should take the chance for the free press. The royalties don't hurt either I am sure.
;)

V4L
01-08-2008, 03:22 PM
"pack93z" wrote:

;D

Bunch on non-sense if you ask me.. I say he is the most electric playing in the league right now and should take the chance for the free press. The royalties don't hurt either I am sure.
;)

I hope they throw Favre on there

He deserves it actually.. Coming back like that and leading the Pack the way he has!!

jmcdon00
01-08-2008, 03:24 PM
"V4L" wrote:

"BadlandsViking" wrote:

Hell of a runner though
>:(
>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( ::) ::) >:( >:( >:(
:'( :'( :'( ??? ??? ??? :o >:(

V4L
01-08-2008, 03:25 PM
"jmcdon00" wrote:

"V4L" wrote:

"BadlandsViking" wrote:

Hell of a runner though
>:(
>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( ::) ::) >:( >:( >:(
:'( :'( :'( ??? ??? ??? :o >:(

???

He isn't the brightest guy there is.. Doesn't matter as long as he plays ball

vikes2456
01-08-2008, 03:27 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

"V4L" wrote:

"BadlandsViking" wrote:

Hell of a runner though

???

Yeah he never really struck me as dumb. You also have to keep in mind he is from Texas so he will have a bit of a south drawl. But I always thought he conducted himself very well, he is only 22 you know.

bleedpurple
01-08-2008, 03:40 PM
Int'l AD Anthem...

I'm tellin you!! AD Don't do-it!!
reconsider!! Read Some litera-ture on the subject...
You sure?? Freak'it!!
You know we got your back like chiroprac - tic
If that Maden Cover do you dirty
we'll wipe the game out as in detergent
Now hurry hurry, go on to the altar
I know you aint a pimp but pimp remember what I taught ya
Get that Check AD, Get that Check
Aye, Get that check AD, Get that Check
Man, Ur agent is smaut, AD, Ur agent is smaut..NOW
Play your part
Play your part"

Sorry, this reminded me of that UGK song.. intl Players anthem...

I personally, am semi-supersticious.. i think it has something to do with everything being circular..kinda like karma what goes around comes around.. and patterns, and history repeating itself.. yada yada yada...

I personally don't want him to do it... Look at all the guys that were on it and didn't recover from it..

Eddie George
Donovan mcNabb
Culpepper
Marshall Faulk
Michael Vick
Ray Lewis.. albeit he recovered
Shaun Alexander

In total, the 10 cover players since 1999 had a total of 39 Pro Bowl appearances prior to their Madden cover appearances, compared with just 4 Pro Bowl appearances afterward.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madden_curse

i'm sorry but that's just too much of a coincidence for him to do it!!!

Plus, you know every year they get some new and upcoming stud to do the cover not a proven veteran..

So i expect that either AP, Pat Willis, Marshawn Lynch and/or Dwayne Bowe...

jmcdon00
01-08-2008, 04:13 PM
"bleedpurple" wrote:

Int'l AD Anthem...

You sure?? Freak'it!!
Play your part
Play your part"

I personally, am semi-supersticious.. i think it has something to do with everything being circular..kinda like karma what goes around comes around.. and patterns, and history repeating itself.. yada yada yada...

I personally don't want him to do it... Look at all the guys that were on it and didn't recover from it..

Eddie George
Donovan mcNabb
Culpepper
Marshall Faulk
Michael Vick
Shaun Alexander

In total, the 10 cover players since 1999 had a total of 39 Pro Bowl appearances prior to their Madden cover appearances, compared with just 4 Pro Bowl appearances afterward.

Plus, you know every year they get some new and upcoming stud to do the cover not a proven veteran..

Vince young did ok, no injuries, his stats were just as good as 06, or at least similar.
Of course guys are going to be better before the cover than after in general, before the cover they are all superstars at the top of the NFL, there is no where but down to go for most of them. Read the Wikipedia page posted above and you will see that many of the guys had good years following the cover, just not the MVP years that had the previous year(Eddie George, Marshall Faulk, Ray Lewis(147tackles))
I really don't understand how any one can think that having your picture on a video game is going to change your ability to play football, just silly.

V4L
01-08-2008, 04:16 PM
"jmcdon00" wrote:

"bleedpurple" wrote:

Int'l AD Anthem...

You sure?? Freak'it!!
Play your part
Play your part"

Eddie George
Donovan mcNabb
Culpepper
Marshall Faulk
Michael Vick
Shaun Alexander

Vince young did ok, no injuries, his stats were just as good as 06, or at least similar.
Of course guys are going to be better before the cover than after in general, before the cover they are all superstars at the top of the NFL, there is no where but down to go for most of them. Read the Wikipedia page posted above and you will see that many of the guys had good years following the cover, just not the MVP years that had the previous year(Eddie George, Marshall Faulk, Ray Lewis(147tackles))
I really don't understand how any one can think that having your picture on a video game is going to change your ability to play football, just silly.

I'm with you man

I don't understand why people buy into this

Donovan has been injury prone since his cover.. Not just the next year

Lewis had an injury.. Oh well

George and Faulk were just old

And Vick well his cleat just got stuck.. I dont think madden caused it

bleedpurple
01-08-2008, 04:21 PM
ey.. maybe not... but there's clearly something to the jinx/curse/whatever... so i personally wouldn't do it... with that said.. its on him.. i figure better safe than sorry...

I mean, if he does get on the cover and gets hurt and or has a subpar year.. then i guarantee you all of us on here are gonna be blown... and be like dang he shouldn't have been on that cover..

and even VY.. didn't really improve as a player and even he battled injuries this year with a bummy quad... IMHO.. it's just not worth the risk at tempting fate/or going against said curse.. just leave it alone and let someone else tempt the hands of fate...

it's just like saying i don't believe in curses/ghosts or voodoo dolls or wigi boards...
maybe not.. and maybe it wont' do anything.. but i'm not necessarily gonna try it or mess with it and have it come back to haunt me...

Just leave it be.. IMO

V4L
01-08-2008, 04:25 PM
Idk if he will get the cover anyway

So it don't even matter

Frostbite
01-08-2008, 04:29 PM
After consulting the Crystal Ball...adding eye of Newt to the Caldrin and rolling the Chicken Bones the answer came up "Go For It Adrian".

Cheers!

bleedpurple
01-08-2008, 04:59 PM
LOL!!!!

jmcdon00
01-08-2008, 05:26 PM
"bleedpurple" wrote:

ey.. maybe not... but there's clearly something to the jinx/curse/whatever... so i personally wouldn't do it... with that said.. its on him.. i figure better safe than sorry...

I mean, if he does get on the cover and gets hurt and or has a subpar year.. then i guarantee you all of us on here are gonna be blown... and be like dang he shouldn't have been on that cover..
and even VY.. didn't really improve as a player and even he battled injuries this year with a bummy quad... IMHO.. it's just not worth the risk at tempting fate/or going against said curse.. just leave it alone and let someone else tempt the hands of fate...

it's just like saying i don't believe in curses/ghosts or voodoo dolls or wigi boards...
maybe not.. and maybe it wont' do anything.. but i'm not necessarily gonna try it or mess with it and have it come back to haunt me...

Just leave it be.. IMO

If he gets injured I will be like, wow that sucks, but I won't blame a video game. Alot of players that don't get the cover get injured too. If he is not on the cover, but gets injured will you wish that he was on the cover?

mr.woo
01-08-2008, 10:27 PM
dosnt his god powers
like counteract the curse or something?

marstc09
01-08-2008, 10:33 PM
"V4L" wrote:

"pack93z" wrote:

;D

;)

He deserves it actually.. Coming back like that and leading the Pack the way he has!!

I am surprised Mr. I love Favre has not put him on the cover yet.

KrackerJack
01-08-2008, 10:37 PM
NO! I can only hope he is happy with the big $$$ he is making, others advertising and stuff like that...whatever, but this one could break a season, don't under estimate the Madden Curse! (I hope Brady makes the cover
;D)

pack93z
01-08-2008, 10:43 PM
"marstc09" wrote:

Actually it is surprising MR. Boom hasn't but really never wanted him on the cover... it seems to be a running backs thing moreso.. or the next great QB.

Wanna bet that Moss is the cover boy next season, being the first WR? That or Derek Anderson.

1.1 Garrison Hearst (1999)
1.2 Barry Sanders and Dorsey Levens (2000)
1.3 Eddie George (2001)
1.4 Daunte Culpepper (2002)
1.5 Marshall Faulk (2003)
1.6 Michael Vick (2004)
1.7 Ray Lewis (2005)
1.8 Donovan McNabb (2006)
1.9 Shaun Alexander (2007)
1.10 Vince Young and Luis Castillo (2008)

mr.woo
01-08-2008, 10:46 PM
didnt you hear? there just gonna go ahead and put terrell pryor on there. seems fitting

KrackerJack
01-08-2008, 10:54 PM
Maybe they put Shaun Taylor on it, a good way to respect him.

pack93z
01-08-2008, 10:55 PM
"KrackerJack" wrote:

Maybe they put Shaun Taylor on it, a good way to respect him.

Very well done.. that would be a classy move. Nice!

PurpleHornsOfDestruction
01-08-2008, 10:58 PM
Nooooooooo! It's the Madden cover curse haha

http://www.footballdocs.com/madden_curse.html

Barry Sanders RB detroit Lions- 2000 Madden cover Victim:
A week before training session began in 1999, Sanders suddenly retired, ending his career.

Eddie George RB Tennessee Titans -2001 Madden Cover Victim:
After that ear he never averaged more then 3.4 yards per carry. Had one of the worst fumble in the playoffs to cost them the game.

Daunte Culpepper QB Minnesota Vikings- 2002 Madden Cover Victim:
After throwing for nearly 4,000 yards and 33 touchdowns while rushing for 470 yards and 7 more scores in the 2000 season. However, Culpepper struggled with turnovers in the first 11 games of the 2001 season, throwing 13 interceptions and only 14 touchdown passes. A back injury ended his season in the 11th game.

Marshall Faulk RB St. Louis- 2003 Madden Cover Victim:
Suffered an ankle injury, missing 5 games. He did get nearly 1,600 total yards (953 rushing) and 10 touchdowns in limited time in 2002; however, it was a steep decline from his 2,000 yard and 21 touchdown campaign of 2001. He never broke through the 1,000 yards rushing mark for the rest of his career.

Michael Vick QB Atlanta Falcons- 2004 Madden Cover Victim:
5 days after the Madden cover he was injured during a preseason game against the Ravens. Fractur to the right fibula. Vick played in only the last 5 regular season games, finishing with just 585 yards passing and 4 touchdowns.

Ray Lewis LB Baltimore Ravens- 2005 Madden Cover Victim:
It was Lewis' first season without a single interception, after posting a career-high 6 the previous year.

Donovan McNabb QB Philadelphia Eagles- 2006 Madden Cover Vicitm:
After he ended 2004 throwing just shy of 4,000 yards and throwing for 31 passing touchdowns with only 8 interceptions. He also rushed for an additional 3 TDs. However, during the 2005-2006 season, in which he was on the Madden cover, McNabb suffered a sports hernia. Then after electing to come back against Dallas, McNabb was knocked down after an interception return by Roy Williams suffering a season ender aggravating his previous injury.

Shaun Alexander RB Seattle Seahawks- 2007 Madden Cover Victim:
He had one of the best statistical seasons ever in the 2005-2006 season rushing for 1,880 yards and scored
a record 28 total touchdowns (27 rushing). Alexander, who had missed one start in his previous 64 contests, fractured the 4th metatarsal in his foot after he was on the cover. He missed six starts and failed to rush for 1,000 yards for the first time since 2000. Also his record was broken that season.

Vince Young QB Tennessee Titans- 2008 Cover Victim:
Suspended for the pre-season because of missing curfew. 9 passing touchdowns and 17 interceptions in the season after his rookie of the year season. he left the final game of the season early with a right quadriceps muscle injury, reinjuring the same muscle that had caused him to miss a start October 21 against the Houston Texans.

Luis Castillo DT, San Diego Chargers- 2008 Spanish Cover Victim:
Suffered an ankle injury which caused him to miss 6 games. A statistical drop in ever defensive category per game average.

Mr Anderson
01-08-2008, 10:59 PM
"pack93z" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

Actually it is surprising MR. Boom hasn't but really never wanted him on the cover... it seems to be a running backs thing moreso.. or the next great QB.

Wanna bet that Moss is the cover boy next season, being the first WR? That or Derek Anderson.

1.3 Eddie George (2001)
1.6 Michael Vick (2004)
1.7 Ray Lewis (2005)

What's up with 2000 and 2008 having two players? As far as I know there's only Young on 08 and Levens on 2000.

Ltrey33
01-08-2008, 11:03 PM
I have definitely only seen the Young cover for '08.

PurpleHornsOfDestruction
01-08-2008, 11:05 PM
"Mr" wrote:

"pack93z" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

1.3 Eddie George (2001)
1.6 Michael Vick (2004)
1.7 Ray Lewis (2005)

What's up with 2000 and 2008 having two players? As far as I know there's only Young on 08 and Levens on 2000.

To everyone. There was a first ever Spanish version of Madden part of the NFLatino program for Mexican NFL fans. In there version of Madden Luis Castillo DT of San Diego was on the cover. Not Vince Young

Mr Anderson
01-08-2008, 11:07 PM
"PurpleHornsOfDestruction" wrote:

Garrison Hearst RB San Francisco- 1999 Madden cover Victim:
Suffered a horrid ankle break. Then he did not play again until 2001. Hearst's 1998 season was the best of his career, rushing for 1,570 yards and 7 TDs leading his team to a playoff win over Green Bay.

They didn't start putting players on the cover until 2000. It was Madden's picture on the Cover of 1999.

http://www.amazon.com/Madden-NFL-99/dp/B00000DMAW

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/7e/a3/37fc224b9da0ce4110c3c010._AA280_.L.jpg

Nightgaunt
01-08-2008, 11:13 PM

"Mr" wrote:

"pack93z" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

1.3 Eddie George (2001)
1.6 Michael Vick (2004)
1.7 Ray Lewis (2005)

To everyone. There was a first ever Spanish version of Madden part of the NFLatino program for Mexican NFL fans. In there version of Madden Luis Castillo DT of San Diego was on the cover. Not Vince Young

Wonder if we can get a NFLaryan program for us white fans? Truly despicable imho, like ANY sorta race related program/rules. 100% equal is how everyone should be treated until proven otherwise, wtf is this world coming to...... >:(

midgensa
01-08-2008, 11:41 PM
"jmcdon00" wrote:

Do it!! Just coincidence, vince young was playing in January(though he didn't play well all season). I am amazed that there are people out there that will buy into this crap. Believing in voodoo, or curses, or jinxes is just silly.
Plus my Madden franchise is gonna kick ass with Peterson a 99 overall(if he's on the cover his rating must go up).

He will be a 98 or 99 regardless ... even if he is not on the cover. I agree jinxes are silly ... but this one does seem ridiculous.

hx38596
01-08-2008, 11:54 PM
"V4L" wrote:

"BadlandsViking" wrote:

Hell of a runner though

Heh....
It's dumber THAN a box of rocks.
If you're going to call someone dumb, make sure your grammar is right.

Kinda reminds me of this guy.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/geekesque/moran.jpg

PurpleHornsOfDestruction
01-09-2008, 12:40 AM
"hx38596" wrote:

"V4L" wrote:

"BadlandsViking" wrote:

Hell of a runner though

Heh....

It's dumber THAN a box of rocks.
If you're going to call someone dumb, make sure your grammar is right.

Kinda reminds me of this guy.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/geekesque/moran.jpg

haha. Who learned you how to spoke

midgensa
01-09-2008, 12:56 AM
"V4L" wrote:

"BadlandsViking" wrote:

Hell of a runner though

I saw his interviews on ESPN Game Day and HBO Inside the NFL and thought both times he was pretty well spoken. Don't know why you would say this.

midgensa
01-09-2008, 01:02 AM
"V4L" wrote:

"BadlandsViking" wrote:

Hell of a runner though

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZwSVBX-rirM

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Uhayc1_sbto

In the college video here you can tell he is a little nervous and has not been on camera much, but he does not sound stupid. He definitely has a southern drawl. (I am married to a Texan ... I know the accent).
The second one ... now ... he is definitely fairly well spoken. He is trying hard ... but he is only 22 years old. I think "dumb as a box of rocks" is probably a little excessive.
I mean I am sure he is not dropping 1,400 or anything on his SAT's ... but I don't think he comes off as stupid or anything.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dVpTZBlQPcM&feature=related

This one is even better to show he is fairly well spoken and is learning his way around the mic fine. He does get a little toungue tied a few times and repetitive, but I still don't think he sounds stupid. Not like Lawrence Taylor when he came in the league or anything. Wonder if his agents are telling him to try and lose the drawl. He does say you know alot though.
;D

Vikes
01-09-2008, 01:21 AM
Peterson or Brady.

ItalianStallion
01-09-2008, 01:28 AM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

"V4L" wrote:

"BadlandsViking" wrote:

Hell of a runner though

???

Smarter than Tarvaris, who speaks like he learned english 2 weeks ago.

midgensa
01-09-2008, 01:29 AM
"Vikes" wrote:

Peterson or Brady.

Brady is definitely arrogant enough to do it.

Mr Anderson
01-09-2008, 01:31 AM
"midgensa" wrote:

"Vikes" wrote:

Peterson or Brady.

Accepting an honor like the Madden cover does not make you arrogant at all. Look at the guys who have been on the cover in the past, I wouldn't really define any of them as arrogant, nor would I define Brady as arrogant.

bleedpurple
01-09-2008, 11:13 AM

A week before training session began in 1999, Sanders suddenly retired, ending his career.

After that ear he never averaged more then 3.4 yards per carry. Had one of the worst fumble in the playoffs to cost them the game.

After throwing for nearly 4,000 yards and 33 touchdowns while rushing for 470 yards and 7 more scores in the 2000 season. However, Culpepper struggled with turnovers in the first 11 games of the 2001 season, throwing 13 interceptions and only 14 touchdown passes. A back injury ended his season in the 11th game.

Suffered an ankle injury, missing 5 games. He did get nearly 1,600 total yards (953 rushing) and 10 touchdowns in limited time in 2002; however, it was a steep decline from his 2,000 yard and 21 touchdown campaign of 2001. He never broke through the 1,000 yards rushing mark for the rest of his career.

5 days after the Madden cover he was injured during a preseason game against the Ravens. Fractur to the right fibula. Vick played in only the last 5 regular season games, finishing with just 585 yards passing and 4 touchdowns.

It was Lewis' first season without a single interception, after posting a career-high 6 the previous year.

After he ended 2004 throwing just shy of 4,000 yards and throwing for 31 passing touchdowns with only 8 interceptions. He also rushed for an additional 3 TDs. However, during the 2005-2006 season, in which he was on the Madden cover, McNabb suffered a sports hernia. Then after electing to come back against Dallas, McNabb was knocked down after an interception return by Roy Williams suffering a season ender aggravating his previous injury.

He had one of the best statistical seasons ever in the 2005-2006 season rushing for 1,880 yards and scored
a record 28 total touchdowns (27 rushing). Alexander, who had missed one start in his previous 64 contests, fractured the 4th metatarsal in his foot after he was on the cover. He missed six starts and failed to rush for 1,000 yards for the first time since 2000. Also his record was broken that season.

Suspended for the pre-season because of missing curfew. 9 passing touchdowns and 17 interceptions in the season after his rookie of the year season. he left the final game of the season early with a right quadriceps muscle injury, reinjuring the same muscle that had caused him to miss a start October 21 against the Houston Texans.

Suffered an ankle injury which caused him to miss 6 games. A statistical drop in ever defensive category per game average.

That's crazy!!! I wouldn't do it.. I know they asked LT to do it last year and he declined... i don't blame him... I don't think AP should do it... It's just not worth the risk...

and for all of the people that think he should or don't believe in curses... the above post is proof enough form me.. that regardless of if it's coincidence or not.. it's just not worth the risk....

jdvike
01-09-2008, 11:26 AM
"bleedpurple" wrote:

Just leave it be.. IMO

Ummm ok then Im all for it
;D

Sorry I couldn't resist
;)

jmcdon00
01-09-2008, 11:49 AM
"bleedpurple" wrote:

That's crazy!!! I wouldn't do it.. I know they asked LT to do it last year and he declined... i don't blame him... I don't think AP should do it... It's just not worth the risk...

and for all of the people that think he should or don't believe in curses... the above post is proof enough form me.. that regardless of if it's coincidence or not.. it's just not worth the risk....

That article doesn't give the whole story. Ray lewis had a 147 tackles, Vince Young was just as good as the previous year and even got his team to the playoffs.
I wonder what the percentage of players that make the pro-bowl make it the following year? 10 players having bad years is hardly proof of a curse. The only way this curse has any validity is if people believe it, which I don't.

midgensa
01-09-2008, 11:49 AM
"Mr" wrote:

"midgensa" wrote:

"Vikes" wrote:

Peterson or Brady.

Accepting an honor like the Madden cover does not make you arrogant at all. Look at the guys who have been on the cover in the past, I wouldn't really define any of them as arrogant, nor would I define Brady as arrogant.

I meant arrogant enough to say screw the curse. It was a joke ... as most of this thread is.

BadlandsVikings
01-09-2008, 11:52 AM
If the Pats win it all I wouldn't be surprised if the whole team is on the cover.

jmcdon00
01-09-2008, 11:53 AM
"ItalianStallion" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

"V4L" wrote:

"BadlandsViking" wrote:

Hell of a runner though

???

In my opinion you sound dumber than both of them. ;) A speech impedement, or accent,
does not make someone less smart. What have either of them said that was stupid?

V4L
01-09-2008, 12:06 PM
"jmcdon00" wrote:

"ItalianStallion" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

"V4L" wrote:

"BadlandsViking" wrote:

Hell of a runner though

???

In my opinion you sound dumber than both of them. ;) A speech impedement, or accent,
does not make someone less smart. What have either of them said that was stupid?

I think I didn't word it well

There was an interview after the Bears game I believe

He was either tired or just doesn't sound very bright or doesn't know how to interview yet

Kept saying "uhhhhhh"

And really didn't sound like the athletes you see after the games.. Sounded like you were talking to a high school athlete after a game

It doesn't matter it's just what I observed.. Im sure he is smart enough

ItalianStallion
01-09-2008, 12:08 PM
"jmcdon00" wrote:

"ItalianStallion" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

"V4L" wrote:

"BadlandsViking" wrote:

Hell of a runner though

???

Actually, usually education, reading and culture improve linguistic abilities and vocubulary significantly.
It is not his speech, tone, pauses that make him seem unintelligent, it's the words he uses and the the fact he seems to have difficulty articulating his thoughts...

NodakPaul
01-09-2008, 12:27 PM
"ItalianStallion" wrote:

"jmcdon00" wrote:

"ItalianStallion" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

"V4L" wrote:

Hell of a runner though

???

Actually, usually education, reading and culture improve linguistic abilities and vocubulary significantly.
It is not his speech, tone, pauses that make him seem unintelligent, it's the words he uses and the the fact he seems to have difficulty articulating his thoughts...

TJ has a mush mouth - very common in the south.
It does, however, bring with it the unfortunate stigma of sounding unintelligent though.

bleedpurple
01-09-2008, 01:56 PM
"jmcdon00" wrote:

"bleedpurple" wrote:

That article doesn't give the whole story. Ray lewis had a 147 tackles, Vince Young was just as good as the previous year and even got his team to the playoffs.
I wonder what the percentage of players that make the pro-bowl make it the following year? 10 players having bad years is hardly proof of a curse. The only way this curse has any validity is if people believe it, which I don't.

DUDE if you say taht 10 players having bad years is hardly proof of a curse.. yet there are only 10 players ever featured on the cover... then i'd have to strongly disagree with you for the somple fact that the curse would be batting 100%...
your argument doesn't make sense...

and just bc you don't believe somehting doesn't mean its not real.. ie.
some people don't believe in GOD, that doesn't mean he's not real.. some people don't believe in love that doens't mean it's not real... some people don't believe in ghosts or that smoking POT is bad for you or etc etc etc... that' doesn't make it not true/or real...

My point is whether it's real or not.. the simple fact that there is a trend and said curse.. i wouldn't want to be the one to test it.. and any vikings fan whether they believe it or not.. shouldn't want AP on the cover for if anything other than that I wouldn't want him to be anywhere associated with something like that.. and i guarantee you most people wouldn't want their players on the cover either...

and whether AP is dumb or not.. i could give a rats ass.. as long as he keeps running the ball the way he is./has i could care less... Look at Emmit.. he sounds dumb as hell on National TV yet he's the leading rusher in NFL history..
you think cowboys fans cared about his wonderlick score or his IQ???? doubt it!!!

snowinapril
01-09-2008, 02:27 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

Noooooooo!

AD is a pretty good possibility, of course so are Brady and Moss...

Put Brady on the cover!!!!!!!!!

Please!!!

He really really really deserves it.

jmcdon00
01-09-2008, 02:46 PM
"bleedpurple" wrote:

"jmcdon00" wrote:

"bleedpurple" wrote:

DUDE if you say taht 10 players having bad years is hardly proof of a curse.. yet there are only 10 players ever featured on the cover... then i'd have to strongly disagree with you for the somple fact that the curse would be batting 100%...
your argument doesn't make sense...

and just bc you don't believe somehting doesn't mean its not real.. ie.
some people don't believe in GOD, that doesn't mean he's not real.. some people don't believe in love that doens't mean it's not real... some people don't believe in ghosts or that smoking POT is bad for you or etc etc etc... that' doesn't make it not true/or real...

My point is whether it's real or not.. the simple fact that there is a trend and said curse.. i wouldn't want to be the one to test it.. and any vikings fan whether they believe it or not.. shouldn't want AP on the cover for if anything other than that I wouldn't want him to be anywhere associated with something like that.. and i guarantee you most people wouldn't want their players on the cover either...

and whether AP is dumb or not.. i could give a rats ass.. as long as he keeps running the ball the way he is./has i could care less... Look at Emmit.. he sounds dumb as hell on National TV yet he's the leading rusher in NFL history..
you think cowboys fans cared about his wonderlick score or his IQ???? doubt it!!!

My other point was that not all ten had bad years, Ray Lewis had a good year(147 tackles) and Vince young had a good year(qb rating went up and his team made the playoffs). Barry Sanders retired, his personal choice, it worked out fine for him and I doubt he has any regrets. Faulk had 1600yards and 10tds the year he was on the cover. So you are talking about 6 of 10, not enough to make me rethink life.

Who do you believe made this curse? When will it be broken? Is god responsible? To me it just seems like a silly conspiracy theory. I really find it hard to believe that anyone really takes it seriously, but I guess that is your opinion and you are entitled to it. Others believe in the broken mirrors, black cats, lockness monster, Big foot, Sports illustrated cover curse, the curse of the bambino, or that changing their underwear will end a winning streak. I like to deal with things that can be proven, and non of these things can be proven. Some people will believe anything.

As far as AD being dumb, that is debatable, but I don't think someone arguing that having your picture on a video game causes horrible things to happen to you should be the one making that determination.

COJOMAY
01-09-2008, 02:46 PM
It does, however, bring with it the unfortunate stigma of sounding unintelligent though.

Who was it for the Vikings that said TJ is very hard to understand in the huddle?

NodakPaul
01-09-2008, 02:49 PM
"COJOMAY" wrote:

Who was it for the Vikings that said TJ is very hard to understand in the huddle?

McKinnie

Marrdro
01-09-2008, 03:07 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

"COJOMAY" wrote:

McKinnie

Anyone hear Earl's comments today. He sounded pretty bad.
I feel sad for him.
:-[

(Sorry might be a bit off topic but this tangent brought it to mind).

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/12/15/earl-campbell-on-bill-belichick-if-i-was-the-commissioner-i-w/

C Mac D
01-09-2008, 03:31 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

Anyone hear Earl's comments today. He sounded pretty bad.
I feel sad for him.
:-[

(Sorry might be a bit off topic but this tangent brought it to mind).

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/12/15/earl-campbell-on-bill-belichick-if-i-was-the-commissioner-i-w/

Very intelligent man... I thought I was the only one that felt like this.

BBQ Platypus
01-09-2008, 03:40 PM
There's no such freaking thing as a curse.
If there is, what, pray tell, was the cause?
Who (or what) is working its Madden voodoo on these players?
Is this all the work of the evil spirit of some vengeful turducken from years past, who seeks retribution for the horrible mutative processes he went through to be eaten by that lardass Madden on Thanksgiving?
Or do the players' muscles and ligaments get cocky and let their guard down?

It's just a video game cover, m'kay?
The fact is, most high-profile players get injured at some point during their careers.
Appearing on the cover of Madden does not make playing football more dangerous - the likelihood of injury (or even just a sucky season) remains the exact same.
Dream seasons don't just come out of nowhere.
They are the product of a metric fuckton of practice and hard work - during the offseason AND over the course of a lifetime of playing football.
By the time some players reach the "Madden cover" level, they have already reached the point where they can't physically get any better.
Once you've reached your peak, there's nowhere to go but down (see George, Eddie).

The injuries/declines of the players who have appeared on the cover of Madden are the product of OTHER factors that would be at work even if John Madden didn't exist.
(The non-existence of John Madden would have entirely different benefits).

litlharsh
01-09-2008, 05:26 PM
"C" wrote:

Very intelligent man... I thought I was the only one that felt like this.
holy shit awesome sig

SuperVikesfan
01-09-2008, 06:24 PM
"Mr" wrote:

I think since he's "injury prone" to begin with, the Madden Curse will have opposite effect on Adrian Peterson.

Or it could make it worse :(. I hope Peterson doesn't do it. Although he would look pretty cool on the cover. Still we probably will suck for awhile if he does it.

BBQ Platypus
01-09-2008, 06:30 PM
"SuperVikesfan" wrote:

"Mr" wrote:

Or it could make it worse :(. I hope Peterson doesn't do it. Although he would look pretty cool on the cover. Still we probably will suck for awhile if he does it.

No.
We MAY suck AFTER he does it (if he does), but if we do, it won't be because he did - if we do, it will just be because we do.
(HA!
Try and make sense of THAT sentence!)

VKG4LFE
01-09-2008, 06:48 PM
Yeah let's hope that he doesn't allow them to put him on the cover.

jkjuggalo
01-09-2008, 07:03 PM
If anyone can break the Madden Curse, it would be Purple Jesus.

He will start a new tradition, record breaking seasons for those that grace the cover of Madden.

VKG4LFE
01-09-2008, 07:14 PM
You know, I'm pretty nervous for next year already because teams are going to stack the line all year until Tjack can actually play like something other than a piece of shit.

vikeswin2005
01-09-2008, 07:27 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

"V4L" wrote:

"BadlandsViking" wrote:

Hell of a runner though

???

when I met him at D I C K's sporting goods he sounded intellectual in his conversation, and I have heard him on KFAN being interviewed...

ThorSPL
01-09-2008, 07:47 PM
I'm excited for next year... why?
Both basketball and baseball are boring to watch (for me)!

cogitans
01-10-2008, 04:39 AM
They should have put TWill on the cover, to give him an excuse.

Suick
01-10-2008, 07:37 AM
"jmcdon00" wrote:

Do it!! Just coincidence, vince young was playing in January(though he didn't play well all season). I am amazed that there are people out there that will buy into this crap. Believing in voodoo, or curses, or jinxes is just silly.Plus my Madden franchise is gonna kick jiggly butt with Peterson a 99 overall(if he's on the cover his rating must go up).

Hard not to and be a Vike fan.

Frostbite
01-10-2008, 05:28 PM
"Suick" wrote:

"jmcdon00" wrote:

Do it!! Just coincidence, vince young was playing in January(though he didn't play well all season). I am amazed that there are people out there that will buy into this crap. Believing in voodoo, or curses, or jinxes is just silly.Plus my Madden franchise is gonna kick jiggly butt with Peterson a 99 overall(if he's on the cover his rating must go up).

Hard not to and be a Vike fan.

Ain't that the truth!

Cheers!

NodakPaul
01-10-2008, 05:29 PM
"cogitans" wrote:

LOL.

BadlandsVikings
01-10-2008, 06:02 PM
"cogitans" wrote:

I wonder if there is a reverse Madden curse, put a crappy player on it and he wins MVP the next year....

Naw!!!

V4L
01-11-2008, 11:53 AM
"BadlandsViking" wrote:

"cogitans" wrote:

I wonder if there is a reverse Madden curse, put a crappy player on it and he wins MVP the next year....

Naw!!!

HAHAHA!!

Good thinking man.. Let's make it happen

Vote for T-will everybody!

purplepowered
01-13-2008, 08:32 PM
"V4L" wrote:

"pack93z" wrote:

;D

Wouldnt it be the crapper to see brett Favre take out the un beaten Pats in the SB? I would love to see it and then see Favre on the cover of Madden. Just as the football player fan of Favre not the Viking in me. and also another reason to take out the New England Cheating Patriots

;)