PDA

View Full Version : misc. vikings stuff..........

poult
12-11-2004, 02:27 PM
just some random stuff that was at the end of an article i read this morning...........

"Briefly: Defensive tackle Chris Hovan, inactive the past two games, will start in the nickel defense Sunday and be a backup in the base defense.

• Running back Moe Williams missed Friday's practice because of a 24-hour stomach flu that has hit several members of the team. He was added to the injury report as probable but is expected to play Sunday.

• Culpepper's jersey is the 18th-most popular and Randy Moss is 24th on NFLShop.com. Packers quarterback Brett Favre leads all sales, with Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick second and New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady third.

• According to a poll of 354 NFL players conducted by Sports Illustrated, Moss is considered the league's fastest player. He received 35 percent of the votes, with Vick second at 12 percent.

• The Vikings are encouraging each fan to bring a new, unopened toy to Sunday's game to benefit Toys for Tots/Teens. U.S. Marines will be stationed at every Metrodome gate to collect toys from 10 a.m. to kickoff.
"

ADubya26
12-11-2004, 02:33 PM
hmm...thats interesting about Moss being faster than Vick according to the players. I wonder who really is?

RUSSELL27
12-11-2004, 03:05 PM
farve jersey being most popular? In SI a few weeks ago it had something sayiong McNabbs was the most popular. Unless that means all time, the SI thing was just this year.

Eyesore
12-11-2004, 04:32 PM
#4 is #1

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheAnimal93
12-11-2004, 05:48 PM
#4 is a #hore!!!!!

Vikestand
12-11-2004, 06:10 PM
I would think Bennett would have been the fastest if he wasnt always hurt...

Caine
12-11-2004, 10:40 PM
"Vikestand" wrote:

I thought Ryan Leaf was the fastest....

...oh, wait...I was basing that on how fast he left the NFL...nevermind.

Caine

RandyMoss8404
12-11-2004, 11:42 PM
"Vikestand" wrote:

Oh my God, I dunno where people are getting the idea that Michael Bennett has better game speed than Randy Moss. N O.

cajunvike
12-11-2004, 11:43 PM
"vikes can do" wrote:

#4 is a #hore!!!!!

No, eyesore is a #hore! :lol:

Vikestand
12-11-2004, 11:56 PM
Maybe because he is....He was a world class sprinter..Now before you go into all of this well it aint track crap...It matters big time...I know for a fact that bennett was the fastest person on the team when he first arrived...

hawaiianvike21
12-12-2004, 04:16 AM
I think now vick is faster for sure since moss is injured but it will be really close if both are healthy and go for it all in a race.