PDA

View Full Version : culpepper grilling

magicci
12-10-2004, 06:19 PM
hey guys take a look at this. culpepper being interviewed.

http://www.startribune.com/stories/464/5130737.html

vikingsalltheway
12-10-2004, 06:25 PM
If he is being grilled, it is for the wrong reason, one of his picks last week was tipped off Burlesons hands. I dont know we always play shitty on the road, if we dont fix that problem we wont go anywhere.

snowinapril
12-10-2004, 06:51 PM
Article:

Daunte Culpepper's spicy collection of fur coats has been heating up the chatter but the QB was in no mood to discuss them until he finished grilling the gossip columnist.

"You treat me so bad. You haven't even met me before in your life and you do me the way you do me. Where'd all that come from?" Culpepper said.

Culpepper is taking it personally when I'm simply being colorful. For a moment, he was simply silent.

"And you talk about my dance," he said after the pause.

Ahh, that's why the attitude, my takedown of his touchdown arm-roll dance. While I'm not the only media member who hates it, it's unlikely Culpepper would give Tony Kornheiser and Mike Wilbon, the Washington Post columnists who host ESPN's "Pardon the Interruption," any such pre-interview grief.

Should I stand my ground (Wilbon would) or I roll over (Kornheiser's favorite posture) for this big charming lug who is basically a good guy?

Decisions, decisions.

I had to tell the truth. I told him I still hated the dance because it looked STUPID. I invited Culpepper to join the countless others who ignore what I write. "Well, I've got 50 people coming to me and saying, 'C.J. said...' I'm like, 'I don't even know C.J."' he shot back.

More silence.

"Nice to meetcha," I said, extending my hand.

"Daunte Culpepper. Nice to meet you."

This little drama was performed before an audience of folks from KARE-11's upcoming late Saturday night program, "The Show To Be Named Later." Culpepper was treating all of us to a first-class acting job, which was about to get more entertaining as he laid down the law for the gossip.

"Now, I'm just letting you know. I don't like all that now. You are either against us or with us. You can't be [on] the line now, Miss C.J."

Just call me C.J. "I'm going to call you Miss, 'cause I'm from the South."

The last person ALLOWED to address me as Miss C.J. was Tiny Tim. Culpepper's too young to know about the singer who tiptoed through his last tulips in Minneapolis before dying in 1996.

About those furs.... "I've got some coats. I like to wear them. My wife [Kim] hooked me up with 'em, I put 'em on. Ain't no big deal," said Culpepper.

Around Winter Park they joke that the furs are Northern Florida Red Squirrel. "That what you call them? I doubt that seriously," said Culpepper. "Just minks."

So far this season we've seen, I think, three minks plus some serious post-game interview bling bling on Culpepper. Which makes us wonder how many more furs we can look forward to seeing this season?

"Maybe one or two," he said

Great, now don't do the roll anymore.

"I'm going to always do that," he said.

Prepare to take the consequences then.

"You don't even understand it," said Culpepper, who gave me the real story, which does not resemble that ESPN fabrication featuring Mary Tyler Moore.

"The truth behind it is that there's a song my friends made called, 'Get Your Roll On' and all it's saying is have a good time. It's a celebrating thing for my teammates to get pumped up," said Culpepper. "Not meant to degrade the other team."

Never taken as a putdown, but -- and now I was joshing Culpepper -- hasn't he noticed that they play better when he doesn't roll?

"That's not true," he said. "That ain't true."

After the interview ended Culpepper headed for the indoor practice field. When he was a safe 30 feet away he called out "Miss C.J.!" and did the roll, putting his hips into it in a way I don't think we normally see at football games. It was definitely taunting but it was a cute.

snowinapril
12-10-2004, 07:04 PM
It was kind of choppy and hard follow. Not written very well. Sounds like the interviewer was trying to play with Culpepper but he didn't get it??????

BigK
12-10-2004, 09:31 PM
first of all just ignore C.J. she's a total :bootyshake:. she always chides people to get a story. As for Daunte's arm roll I would rather see it more so than not, because he does it after TD's.What does C.J. stand for anyway Chode Jockey.

ADubya26
12-10-2004, 09:34 PM
If one more person gets on Culpepper for getting his roll on i am going to slap them. I love it, I do it at home and I am proud of it. Keep the TDs and arm rollings coming!

BigK
12-10-2004, 09:41 PM
I agree. I also do his arm roll

XTAP59
12-11-2004, 11:09 PM
Truly, I don't see anything negative about it. He is celebrating a good play and a TD for the Vikings.
Countless players have their own unique celebrations. Culpeppers just seem to be drawing more attention.

Its not like he's signing footballs in the endzone with sharpie markers hidden in his socks, or answering a cell phone that was planted in the endzone goal post.

Let pep get his roll on.

Eyesore
12-12-2004, 09:43 AM
:rr: :rr: :rr:

mvikes84
12-17-2004, 10:17 PM
The arm roll is retarded and looks ridiculous. But don't worry, i doubt you'll be seeing it too much these last three games.

DemonicViking
12-17-2004, 10:31 PM
That's the spirit.

[sarcasm mode inactive]

ADubya26
12-17-2004, 11:00 PM
I actually think Pep is due for some arm rolling...i think well see some against the cats and a lot against the fudge, along with the Vikes horn...gotta love that!! Hey mvikes...ill make you a bet...if we win out you have to take a pic of YOU arm rolling and put it in the photo album. We dont win out and ill do something. Deal?

VikingsTw
12-17-2004, 11:08 PM
I don't mind the roll at all, my brother who is a senior in high school plays b-ball. Him and his friends do the roll in the stands when watching the girls varsity, i found it quite intristing since he doesnt even pay attention to football. Said he saw daunte doing it during a monday night game with my dad.

I've seen worse sh*t thats for sure.

vking
12-18-2004, 09:14 AM
OK guys here's the deal with the arm roll IMHO. It does look stupid and I used to hate it but I like it now because it shows the innocense of Cullpepper.
Any one that would do something that looks that dumb in the NFL showboat arena has got to be a good guy. In fact thats what I like about our team, besides Kelly Campbell nobody seems to make an arse out of themselves unless you consider some incredibly poor play. Keep the roll Pep!

wv__viking__fan
12-18-2004, 09:26 AM
My 2 year old son loves the arm roll. He does it in front of the TV when he notices the Vikings are on. Roll it up, Pep. If it makes you happy. Could be worse, atleast he is not pulling out the "moon walk".

parsongeorge
12-18-2004, 10:17 AM
I think he should do the roll and add the saturday night fever finger point to the sky with it.

mvikes84
12-18-2004, 08:58 PM
What are you going to do if the Vikes don't win out ADubya26?

Steamed Turtle
12-18-2004, 09:42 PM
That last paragraph was great!

After the interview ended Culpepper headed for the indoor practice field. When he was a safe 30 feet away he called out "Miss C.J.!" and did the roll, putting his hips into it in a way I don't think we normally see at football games. It was definitely taunting but it was a cute.