PDA

View Full Version : The Good, The Bad and the Ugly.



Proud2BPurple
12-31-2007, 05:48 AM
What is your good, bad and ugly from the 2007 season?

The Good - Season exceeding expectations, with a play-off push. Emergance of AP and the rushing record. TJ daring to impress us! Big plays from the secondary at New York.

The Bad - That sunday night against the skins, the shut-down of the run and failure of the pass. Sickening disappointment of not making the play-offs.

The Ugly - TJs rushed passes, makes you want to cringe! Also, the number of turnovers towards the end of the season.

jkjuggalo
12-31-2007, 05:58 AM
Good:

They fought until the bitter end, making football exciting in December.
Our rushing attack up until the last four games of the season.
Our rush defense dominated yet again.
Overall the entire team seemed to improve over last season.

Bad:

Missing the chance to play our way into the post season.
The play of our safeties in several key losses.
Our pass rush.
Some of the play-calling in big games.

Ugly:

TJack's interceptions when he tried to make a play out of nothing.
Dwight Smith/Darrion Scott/Ray Edwards' behavior off the field.
That first half against the Redskins on Sunday night.
The negative nancies that roam this site crying about our young players during their developmental stages.

cogitans
12-31-2007, 06:07 AM
The Good: 8 victories. I would never have thought that going into the year. We had a shot at it in the final week, it were a great improvement by the players and the coaches.

The Bad: DE position. Still not enough rushes of that edge. The only guy I have confidence in is Udeze, and he will not be the big rusher. I have hopes for Robison, but other than that it's up in the air.

The Ugly: TWill, the guy just refuses to catch balls. Also to some extend Shank-O (drops, penalties and turnovers).

briannord
12-31-2007, 07:18 AM
The Good:
Being so young and yet being able to compete.
296 rushing yards.

The Bad: Stop smoking pot please.

The Ugly:
AP at San Fran.
Tarvaris Jackson throwing and jumping at the same time for picks like what three times?

Marrdro
12-31-2007, 07:30 AM
The Good:
The progress this team has made.

The Bad:
The areas they still need to progress in.

The Ugly: Posters on this site who use the same old cliche's in an attempt to make everyone think they actually know something about football.
Truth be told if you use of these cliche's and don't back it up with any kindof substance you actually look dumber than if you would have just not posted anything.....

We can't make adjustments.
(I bet none of you even have a clue what adjustments are)
Our playcalling sucks.
(I bet none of you can even diagram a play let alone use the terms for it)
Our players looked flat.
(Faster teams make slower teams look flat.
We played a faster team).
We need to change the scheme to fit the players talents.
(You realize the players on this team were drafted because thier talents fit the scheme.)
Our coaches are hold the players back. (This one makes me just scratch my head and say WHAT)

As you craft your posts and feel the need to type one of these cliche's now that most knowledgable fans will feel the need to type YUTZ in responding to you but will hold back because we must play nice with the mindless posters of drivel cause if we slam on you we will be labeled as mean.
(No smiley face).

Proud2BPurple
12-31-2007, 09:37 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:


The Good:
The progress this team has made.

The Bad:
The areas they still need to progress in.

The Ugly: Posters on this site who use the same old cliche's in an attempt to make everyone think they actually know something about football.
Truth be told if you use of these cliche's and don't back it up with any kindof substance you actually look dumber than if you would have just not posted anything.....

We can't make adjustments.
(I bet none of you even have a clue what adjustments are)
Our playcalling sucks.
(I bet none of you can even diagram a play let alone use the terms for it)
Our players looked flat.
(Faster teams make slower teams look flat.
We played a faster team).
We need to change the scheme to fit the players talents.
(You realize the players on this team were drafted because thier talents fit the scheme.)
Our coaches are hold the players back. (This one makes me just scratch my head and say WHAT)

As you craft your posts and feel the need to type one of these cliche's now that most knowledgable fans will feel the need to type YUTZ in responding to you but will hold back because we must play nice with the mindless posters of drivel cause if we slam on you we will be labeled as mean.
(No smiley face).


Ok so u havent't got time for 'cliches' because your too 'knowledgable' for them. Heres a quick note, forums are for fans, not experts. Ok some may know more than others but dont post things like that thinking your better than anybody. We're all Vikes fans on here to talk about them, not about how knowledgable some fans are. Lighten up or keep your football-less opinions toi yourself. no smiley face? Grow up.

NodakPaul
12-31-2007, 09:42 AM
The good: The 8 wins and the improvement we have all seen in the team

The bad: The 8 losses and the inconsistent play at some skill positions

The ugly: Zeus after he has had one too many GBPs. ;D

NodakPaul
12-31-2007, 09:47 AM
"Proud2BPurple" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


The Good:
The progress this team has made.

The Bad:
The areas they still need to progress in.

The Ugly: Posters on this site who use the same old cliche's in an attempt to make everyone think they actually know something about football.
Truth be told if you use of these cliche's and don't back it up with any kindof substance you actually look dumber than if you would have just not posted anything.....

We can't make adjustments.
(I bet none of you even have a clue what adjustments are)
Our playcalling sucks.
(I bet none of you can even diagram a play let alone use the terms for it)
Our players looked flat.
(Faster teams make slower teams look flat.
We played a faster team).
We need to change the scheme to fit the players talents.
(You realize the players on this team were drafted because thier talents fit the scheme.)
Our coaches are hold the players back. (This one makes me just scratch my head and say WHAT)

As you craft your posts and feel the need to type one of these cliche's now that most knowledgable fans will feel the need to type YUTZ in responding to you but will hold back because we must play nice with the mindless posters of drivel cause if we slam on you we will be labeled as mean.
(No smiley face).


Ok so u havent't got time for 'cliches' because your too 'knowledgable' for them. Heres a quick note, forums are for fans, not experts. Ok some may know more than others but dont post things like that thinking your better than anybody. We're all Vikes fans on here to talk about them, not about how knowledgable some fans are. Lighten up or keep your football-less opinions toi yourself. no smiley face? Grow up.


Relax.
Marrdro was not attacking you directly, and responding like that makes you look immature.
Nobody is trying to prove themselves more knowledgeable than the next person, and there are some people who constantly use the same arguments and cliches over and over again even after the problems with that argument have been pointed out time and time again.
I think that qualifies as ugly.

Proud2BPurple
12-31-2007, 09:53 AM
"NodakPaul" wrote:


"Proud2BPurple" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


The Good:
The progress this team has made.

The Bad:
The areas they still need to progress in.

The Ugly: Posters on this site who use the same old cliche's in an attempt to make everyone think they actually know something about football.
Truth be told if you use of these cliche's and don't back it up with any kindof substance you actually look dumber than if you would have just not posted anything.....

We can't make adjustments.
(I bet none of you even have a clue what adjustments are)
Our playcalling sucks.
(I bet none of you can even diagram a play let alone use the terms for it)
Our players looked flat.
(Faster teams make slower teams look flat.
We played a faster team).
We need to change the scheme to fit the players talents.
(You realize the players on this team were drafted because thier talents fit the scheme.)
Our coaches are hold the players back. (This one makes me just scratch my head and say WHAT)

As you craft your posts and feel the need to type one of these cliche's now that most knowledgable fans will feel the need to type YUTZ in responding to you but will hold back because we must play nice with the mindless posters of drivel cause if we slam on you we will be labeled as mean.
(No smiley face).


Ok so u havent't got time for 'cliches' because your too 'knowledgable' for them. Heres a quick note, forums are for fans, not experts. Ok some may know more than others but dont post things like that thinking your better than anybody. We're all Vikes fans on here to talk about them, not about how knowledgable some fans are. Lighten up or keep your football-less opinions toi yourself. no smiley face? Grow up.


Relax.
Marrdro was not attacking you directly, and responding like that makes you look immature.
Nobody is trying to prove themselves more knowledgeable than the next person, and there are some people who constantly use the same arguments and cliches over and over again even after the problems with that argument have been pointed out time and time again.
I think that qualifies as ugly.


Probably was a slight over reaction on my part, i apologise for that. I understand your point about the same arguments constantly being made, you made it sound a lot more constructive than Marrdro did! Thanks an apologies to all.

NodakPaul
12-31-2007, 10:00 AM
"Proud2BPurple" wrote:


"NodakPaul" wrote:


"Proud2BPurple" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


The Good:
The progress this team has made.

The Bad:
The areas they still need to progress in.

The Ugly: Posters on this site who use the same old cliche's in an attempt to make everyone think they actually know something about football.
Truth be told if you use of these cliche's and don't back it up with any kindof substance you actually look dumber than if you would have just not posted anything.....

We can't make adjustments.
(I bet none of you even have a clue what adjustments are)
Our playcalling sucks.
(I bet none of you can even diagram a play let alone use the terms for it)
Our players looked flat.
(Faster teams make slower teams look flat.
We played a faster team).
We need to change the scheme to fit the players talents.
(You realize the players on this team were drafted because thier talents fit the scheme.)
Our coaches are hold the players back. (This one makes me just scratch my head and say WHAT)

As you craft your posts and feel the need to type one of these cliche's now that most knowledgable fans will feel the need to type YUTZ in responding to you but will hold back because we must play nice with the mindless posters of drivel cause if we slam on you we will be labeled as mean.
(No smiley face).


Ok so u havent't got time for 'cliches' because your too 'knowledgable' for them. Heres a quick note, forums are for fans, not experts. Ok some may know more than others but dont post things like that thinking your better than anybody. We're all Vikes fans on here to talk about them, not about how knowledgable some fans are. Lighten up or keep your football-less opinions toi yourself. no smiley face? Grow up.


Relax.
Marrdro was not attacking you directly, and responding like that makes you look immature.
Nobody is trying to prove themselves more knowledgeable than the next person, and there are some people who constantly use the same arguments and cliches over and over again even after the problems with that argument have been pointed out time and time again.
I think that qualifies as ugly.


Probably was a slight over reaction on my part, i apologise for that. I understand your point about the same arguments constantly being made, you made it sound a lot more constructive than Marrdro did! Thanks an apologies to all.


Yeah, well I am just an all around nicer guy that Marrdro.
;) (just kidding Marty)

Purple Floyd
12-31-2007, 10:01 AM
"NodakPaul" wrote:


"Proud2BPurple" wrote:


"NodakPaul" wrote:


"Proud2BPurple" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


The Good:
The progress this team has made.

The Bad:
The areas they still need to progress in.

The Ugly: Posters on this site who use the same old cliche's in an attempt to make everyone think they actually know something about football.
Truth be told if you use of these cliche's and don't back it up with any kindof substance you actually look dumber than if you would have just not posted anything.....

We can't make adjustments.
(I bet none of you even have a clue what adjustments are)
Our playcalling sucks.
(I bet none of you can even diagram a play let alone use the terms for it)
Our players looked flat.
(Faster teams make slower teams look flat.
We played a faster team).
We need to change the scheme to fit the players talents.
(You realize the players on this team were drafted because thier talents fit the scheme.)
Our coaches are hold the players back. (This one makes me just scratch my head and say WHAT)

As you craft your posts and feel the need to type one of these cliche's now that most knowledgable fans will feel the need to type YUTZ in responding to you but will hold back because we must play nice with the mindless posters of drivel cause if we slam on you we will be labeled as mean.
(No smiley face).


Ok so u havent't got time for 'cliches' because your too 'knowledgable' for them. Heres a quick note, forums are for fans, not experts. Ok some may know more than others but dont post things like that thinking your better than anybody. We're all Vikes fans on here to talk about them, not about how knowledgable some fans are. Lighten up or keep your football-less opinions toi yourself. no smiley face? Grow up.


Relax.
Marrdro was not attacking you directly, and responding like that makes you look immature.
Nobody is trying to prove themselves more knowledgeable than the next person, and there are some people who constantly use the same arguments and cliches over and over again even after the problems with that argument have been pointed out time and time again.
I think that qualifies as ugly.


Probably was a slight over reaction on my part, i apologise for that. I understand your point about the same arguments constantly being made, you made it sound a lot more constructive than Marrdro did! Thanks an apologies to all.


Yeah, well I am just an all around nicer guy that Marrdro.
;) (just kidding Marty)


lol

He is the son of Ghandi

Marrdro
12-31-2007, 12:34 PM
"Proud2BPurple" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


The Good:
The progress this team has made.

The Bad:
The areas they still need to progress in.

The Ugly: Posters on this site who use the same old cliche's in an attempt to make everyone think they actually know something about football.
Truth be told if you use of these cliche's and don't back it up with any kindof substance you actually look dumber than if you would have just not posted anything.....

We can't make adjustments.
(I bet none of you even have a clue what adjustments are)
Our playcalling sucks.
(I bet none of you can even diagram a play let alone use the terms for it)
Our players looked flat.
(Faster teams make slower teams look flat.
We played a faster team).
We need to change the scheme to fit the players talents.
(You realize the players on this team were drafted because thier talents fit the scheme.)
Our coaches are hold the players back. (This one makes me just scratch my head and say WHAT)

As you craft your posts and feel the need to type one of these cliche's now that most knowledgable fans will feel the need to type YUTZ in responding to you but will hold back because we must play nice with the mindless posters of drivel cause if we slam on you we will be labeled as mean.
(No smiley face).


Ok so u havent't got time for 'cliches' because your too 'knowledgable' for them. Heres a quick note, forums are for fans, not experts. Ok some may know more than others but dont post things like that thinking your better than anybody. We're all Vikes fans on here to talk about them, not about how knowledgable some fans are. Lighten up or keep your football-less opinions toi yourself. no smiley face? Grow up.

Why is it ok for people to put those things in threads and expect them not to be challenged by other posters?
If your gonna post on this site stand by for people that will either disagree with you or question your post.


Some forumns are for fans to learn more.
This, IMHO is one of the few that fosters that type of environment.
I am sorry if you feel/took umbrage to my post.

If you feel like I hit a nerve with you ask me to explain a few things (If you really believe I can) and I will be more than happy to help.
That is what this site is all about.

If you want to just come in here and post cliche's stand by to be asked by other poster (and not just the Marrdro) to amplify your stance.
If you can't then so beit but if you can, more the better.
The site is better.

Look my friend, this is my 4th site I have belonged to and the only one I choose to support both financially and with lengthy posts and discussions because it has credibility.
If anyone comes on here and brings the "Cliche" approach to posting then I will respond in kind.

I apologize in advance if that is gonna make you feel bad.
I do not intend that but rather to draw you into a football discussion with the intent that both of us might learn something.

COJOMAY
12-31-2007, 12:38 PM
The Good: Brad Childress

The Bad: Brad Childress

The Ugly: Brad Childress

;D

Marrdro
12-31-2007, 12:39 PM
"Proud2BPurple" wrote:


"NodakPaul" wrote:


"Proud2BPurple" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


The Good:
The progress this team has made.

The Bad:
The areas they still need to progress in.

The Ugly: Posters on this site who use the same old cliche's in an attempt to make everyone think they actually know something about football.
Truth be told if you use of these cliche's and don't back it up with any kindof substance you actually look dumber than if you would have just not posted anything.....

We can't make adjustments.
(I bet none of you even have a clue what adjustments are)
Our playcalling sucks.
(I bet none of you can even diagram a play let alone use the terms for it)
Our players looked flat.
(Faster teams make slower teams look flat.
We played a faster team).
We need to change the scheme to fit the players talents.
(You realize the players on this team were drafted because thier talents fit the scheme.)
Our coaches are hold the players back. (This one makes me just scratch my head and say WHAT)

As you craft your posts and feel the need to type one of these cliche's now that most knowledgable fans will feel the need to type YUTZ in responding to you but will hold back because we must play nice with the mindless posters of drivel cause if we slam on you we will be labeled as mean.
(No smiley face).


Ok so u havent't got time for 'cliches' because your too 'knowledgable' for them. Heres a quick note, forums are for fans, not experts. Ok some may know more than others but dont post things like that thinking your better than anybody. We're all Vikes fans on here to talk about them, not about how knowledgable some fans are. Lighten up or keep your football-less opinions toi yourself. no smiley face? Grow up.


Relax.
Marrdro was not attacking you directly, and responding like that makes you look immature.
Nobody is trying to prove themselves more knowledgeable than the next person, and there are some people who constantly use the same arguments and cliches over and over again even after the problems with that argument have been pointed out time and time again.
I think that qualifies as ugly.


Probably was a slight over reaction on my part, i apologise for that. I understand your point about the same arguments constantly being made, you made it sound a lot more constructive than Marrdro did! Thanks an apologies to all.

No problem my friend.
I never attack posters, just respond to posts.
In fact I almost always make an effort to respond to every thread at least once.

I feel that if you took the effort to start a thread you are looking for quality input.
If you post something that makes sense I will agree and say nice post.
If you post something that makes me think (I do think sometimes) I will ask you a question.
If you post something I totally dissagree with I will type you a book and ask for proof.

In no way am I trying to personally attack anyone.
Just wanting to talk football or whatever subj you brought up.

By the way, NP is the guy who is helping with my struggles between Good Marrdro and Bad Marrdro.

Bear with me my friend, he still has a ways to go.
;D

Marrdro
12-31-2007, 12:40 PM
"UffDaVikes" wrote:


"NodakPaul" wrote:


"Proud2BPurple" wrote:


"NodakPaul" wrote:


"Proud2BPurple" wrote:




The Good:
The progress this team has made.

The Bad:
The areas they still need to progress in.

The Ugly: Posters on this site who use the same old cliche's in an attempt to make everyone think they actually know something about football.
Truth be told if you use of these cliche's and don't back it up with any kindof substance you actually look dumber than if you would have just not posted anything.....

We can't make adjustments.
(I bet none of you even have a clue what adjustments are)
Our playcalling sucks.
(I bet none of you can even diagram a play let alone use the terms for it)
Our players looked flat.
(Faster teams make slower teams look flat.
We played a faster team).
We need to change the scheme to fit the players talents.
(You realize the players on this team were drafted because thier talents fit the scheme.)
Our coaches are hold the players back. (This one makes me just scratch my head and say WHAT)

As you craft your posts and feel the need to type one of these cliche's now that most knowledgable fans will feel the need to type YUTZ in responding to you but will hold back because we must play nice with the mindless posters of drivel cause if we slam on you we will be labeled as mean.
(No smiley face).


Ok so u havent't got time for 'cliches' because your too 'knowledgable' for them. Heres a quick note, forums are for fans, not experts. Ok some may know more than others but dont post things like that thinking your better than anybody. We're all Vikes fans on here to talk about them, not about how knowledgable some fans are. Lighten up or keep your football-less opinions toi yourself. no smiley face? Grow up.


Relax.
Marrdro was not attacking you directly, and responding like that makes you look immature.
Nobody is trying to prove themselves more knowledgeable than the next person, and there are some people who constantly use the same arguments and cliches over and over again even after the problems with that argument have been pointed out time and time again.
I think that qualifies as ugly.


Probably was a slight over reaction on my part, i apologise for that. I understand your point about the same arguments constantly being made, you made it sound a lot more constructive than Marrdro did! Thanks an apologies to all.


Yeah, well I am just an all around nicer guy that Marrdro.
;) (just kidding Marty)


lol

He is the son of Ghandi

You both crack me up.
I guess I shouldn't have been posting angry last night.

Damn fricken Viking Players, coaches, front office personnel, cheerleaders and yest even the travel guy let me down last night.

Purple Floyd
12-31-2007, 12:43 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:


"UffDaVikes" wrote:


"NodakPaul" wrote:


"Proud2BPurple" wrote:


"NodakPaul" wrote:






The Good:
The progress this team has made.

The Bad:
The areas they still need to progress in.

The Ugly: Posters on this site who use the same old cliche's in an attempt to make everyone think they actually know something about football.
Truth be told if you use of these cliche's and don't back it up with any kindof substance you actually look dumber than if you would have just not posted anything.....

We can't make adjustments.
(I bet none of you even have a clue what adjustments are)
Our playcalling sucks.
(I bet none of you can even diagram a play let alone use the terms for it)
Our players looked flat.
(Faster teams make slower teams look flat.
We played a faster team).
We need to change the scheme to fit the players talents.
(You realize the players on this team were drafted because thier talents fit the scheme.)
Our coaches are hold the players back. (This one makes me just scratch my head and say WHAT)

As you craft your posts and feel the need to type one of these cliche's now that most knowledgable fans will feel the need to type YUTZ in responding to you but will hold back because we must play nice with the mindless posters of drivel cause if we slam on you we will be labeled as mean.
(No smiley face).


Ok so u havent't got time for 'cliches' because your too 'knowledgable' for them. Heres a quick note, forums are for fans, not experts. Ok some may know more than others but dont post things like that thinking your better than anybody. We're all Vikes fans on here to talk about them, not about how knowledgable some fans are. Lighten up or keep your football-less opinions toi yourself. no smiley face? Grow up.


Relax.
Marrdro was not attacking you directly, and responding like that makes you look immature.
Nobody is trying to prove themselves more knowledgeable than the next person, and there are some people who constantly use the same arguments and cliches over and over again even after the problems with that argument have been pointed out time and time again.
I think that qualifies as ugly.


Probably was a slight over reaction on my part, i apologise for that. I understand your point about the same arguments constantly being made, you made it sound a lot more constructive than Marrdro did! Thanks an apologies to all.


Yeah, well I am just an all around nicer guy that Marrdro.
;) (just kidding Marty)


lol

He is the son of Ghandi

You both crack me up.
I guess I shouldn't have been posting angry last night.

Damn fricken Viking Players, coaches, front office personnel, cheerleaders and yest even the travel guy let me down last night.


FIRE CHILDRESS, HIRE BILLICK ;D

ejmat
12-31-2007, 12:56 PM
"UffDaVikes" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


"UffDaVikes" wrote:


"NodakPaul" wrote:


"Proud2BPurple" wrote:








The Good:
The progress this team has made.

The Bad:
The areas they still need to progress in.

The Ugly: Posters on this site who use the same old cliche's in an attempt to make everyone think they actually know something about football.
Truth be told if you use of these cliche's and don't back it up with any kindof substance you actually look dumber than if you would have just not posted anything.....

We can't make adjustments.
(I bet none of you even have a clue what adjustments are)
Our playcalling sucks.
(I bet none of you can even diagram a play let alone use the terms for it)
Our players looked flat.
(Faster teams make slower teams look flat.
We played a faster team).
We need to change the scheme to fit the players talents.
(You realize the players on this team were drafted because thier talents fit the scheme.)
Our coaches are hold the players back. (This one makes me just scratch my head and say WHAT)

As you craft your posts and feel the need to type one of these cliche's now that most knowledgable fans will feel the need to type YUTZ in responding to you but will hold back because we must play nice with the mindless posters of drivel cause if we slam on you we will be labeled as mean.
(No smiley face).


Ok so u havent't got time for 'cliches' because your too 'knowledgable' for them. Heres a quick note, forums are for fans, not experts. Ok some may know more than others but dont post things like that thinking your better than anybody. We're all Vikes fans on here to talk about them, not about how knowledgable some fans are. Lighten up or keep your football-less opinions toi yourself. no smiley face? Grow up.


Relax.
Marrdro was not attacking you directly, and responding like that makes you look immature.
Nobody is trying to prove themselves more knowledgeable than the next person, and there are some people who constantly use the same arguments and cliches over and over again even after the problems with that argument have been pointed out time and time again.
I think that qualifies as ugly.


Probably was a slight over reaction on my part, i apologise for that. I understand your point about the same arguments constantly being made, you made it sound a lot more constructive than Marrdro did! Thanks an apologies to all.


Yeah, well I am just an all around nicer guy that Marrdro.
;) (just kidding Marty)


lol

He is the son of Ghandi

You both crack me up.
I guess I shouldn't have been posting angry last night.

Damn fricken Viking Players, coaches, front office personnel, cheerleaders and yest even the travel guy let me down last night.


FIRE CHILDRESS, HIRE BILLICK ;D


No.
Please no!
I like Billick but it's not like he had the support of his players this year.
There were a lot of bad play calling on his end that I actually saw myself.
Honestly I can't remember any of them becasue it is a Monday but I di remember watching and asking myself, "What?"
Then seeing Ray Lewis lash out as well as others on the team.
I would like Chilly to have another year to really be able to evaluate him.


Oh yeah:

The Good:
Adrian Peterson, CT, Hutch, Rice, TJs progress in the 4th quarter, Robison EJ, Chad G, Leber, TRich, beating the Chargers the Giants, and the Bears twice.
Young draftees making good contributions

The Bad: Off the field issues with Scott and Smith, not adjusting soon enough in some games

The Ugly:
Losing to the Pack twice, shutout once, Holcomb, Williamsons last game.
Posters that personalize things when comments are being made about a football player and their actions.

cogitans
12-31-2007, 08:53 PM
"COJOMAY" wrote:


The Good: Brad Childress

The Bad: Brad Childress

The Ugly: Brad Childress

;D
This one takes the price

You hit the nail on the head

Purple Floyd
12-31-2007, 08:55 PM
"ejmat" wrote:


"UffDaVikes" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


"UffDaVikes" wrote:


"NodakPaul" wrote:










The Good:
The progress this team has made.

The Bad:
The areas they still need to progress in.

The Ugly: Posters on this site who use the same old cliche's in an attempt to make everyone think they actually know something about football.
Truth be told if you use of these cliche's and don't back it up with any kindof substance you actually look dumber than if you would have just not posted anything.....

We can't make adjustments.
(I bet none of you even have a clue what adjustments are)
Our playcalling sucks.
(I bet none of you can even diagram a play let alone use the terms for it)
Our players looked flat.
(Faster teams make slower teams look flat.
We played a faster team).
We need to change the scheme to fit the players talents.
(You realize the players on this team were drafted because thier talents fit the scheme.)
Our coaches are hold the players back. (This one makes me just scratch my head and say WHAT)

As you craft your posts and feel the need to type one of these cliche's now that most knowledgable fans will feel the need to type YUTZ in responding to you but will hold back because we must play nice with the mindless posters of drivel cause if we slam on you we will be labeled as mean.
(No smiley face).


Ok so u havent't got time for 'cliches' because your too 'knowledgable' for them. Heres a quick note, forums are for fans, not experts. Ok some may know more than others but dont post things like that thinking your better than anybody. We're all Vikes fans on here to talk about them, not about how knowledgable some fans are. Lighten up or keep your football-less opinions toi yourself. no smiley face? Grow up.


Relax.
Marrdro was not attacking you directly, and responding like that makes you look immature.
Nobody is trying to prove themselves more knowledgeable than the next person, and there are some people who constantly use the same arguments and cliches over and over again even after the problems with that argument have been pointed out time and time again.
I think that qualifies as ugly.


Probably was a slight over reaction on my part, i apologise for that. I understand your point about the same arguments constantly being made, you made it sound a lot more constructive than Marrdro did! Thanks an apologies to all.


Yeah, well I am just an all around nicer guy that Marrdro.
;) (just kidding Marty)


lol

He is the son of Ghandi

You both crack me up.
I guess I shouldn't have been posting angry last night.

Damn fricken Viking Players, coaches, front office personnel, cheerleaders and yest even the travel guy let me down last night.


FIRE CHILDRESS, HIRE BILLICK ;D


No.
Please no!
I like Billick but it's not like he had the support of his players this year.
There were a lot of bad play calling on his end that I actually saw myself.
Honestly I can't remember any of them becasue it is a Monday but I di remember watching and asking myself, "What?"
Then seeing Ray Lewis lash out as well as others on the team.
I would like Chilly to have another year to really be able to evaluate him.


Oh yeah:

The Good:
Adrian Peterson, CT, Hutch, Rice, TJs progress in the 4th quarter, Robison EJ, Chad G, Leber, TRich, beating the Chargers the Giants, and the Bears twice.
Young draftees making good contributions

The Bad: Off the field issues with Scott and Smith, not adjusting soon enough in some games

The Ugly:
Losing to the Pack twice, shutout once, Holcomb, Williamsons last game.
Posters that personalize things when comments are being made about a football player and their actions.


That was a joke to Marr. I hate Billick.

BadlandsVikings
12-31-2007, 09:04 PM
http://www.soundtrackfan.com/livescores/composers/emorricone/covers/morricone-dvd-good-bad-ugly.jpg

PacNWVike
12-31-2007, 09:25 PM
Good:
The way the team came together after the Green Bay FUBAR and for the most part played well.
Add a few key players and I see a very bright future of our Vikes.

Bad:
Some of Chilly's calls and strategies

Ugly:
T (I can't catch a cold) Will's lack of progress and T-Jack's sandlot style playing.

ultravikingfan
12-31-2007, 09:49 PM
Good:
Improvement over previous year w/ some good, young players

Bad:
An inconsistant offense

Ugly:
A defense that cannot stop the pass

singersp
12-31-2007, 10:50 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:


The Good:
The progress this team has made.

The Bad:
The areas they still need to progress in.

The Ugly: Posters on this site who use the same old cliche's in an attempt to make everyone think they actually know something about football.
Truth be told if you use of these cliche's and don't back it up with any kindof substance you actually look dumber than if you would have just not posted anything.....

We can't make adjustments.
(I bet none of you even have a clue what adjustments are)
Our playcalling sucks.
(I bet none of you can even diagram a play let alone use the terms for it)
Our players looked flat.
(Faster teams make slower teams look flat.
We played a faster team).
We need to change the scheme to fit the players talents.
(You realize the players on this team were drafted because thier talents fit the scheme.)
Our coaches are hold the players back. (This one makes me just scratch my head and say WHAT)



When players such as Winfield & Sharper make note of it, I tend to regard that as credible.




As you craft your posts and feel the need to type one of these cliche's now that most knowledgable fans will feel the need to type YUTZ in responding to you but will hold back because we must play nice with the mindless posters of drivel cause if we slam on you we will be labeled as mean.
(No smiley face).



WOW Marr! You shocked me with that one.

(Now, speaking in general & not directed at you Marr, it’s just that your post & its following rebuttals prompted me to post thoughts that have boiling inside me for some time);

I used to think this was a fan site, but I guess this is fast becoming a site for “experts” or “well learned” only.
Many of us haven’t played football, but that doesn’t mean just because we don’t know the intricacies of the game, doesn’t mean we don’t have opinions based on our observations. After all, that is what this community was all about when I joined & one of the things I enjoyed about it.

People have been & fear to post here due to ridicule & if they are somewhat knowledgeable but make a typo, the thread Nazi(s) comes out & lays into them as if they were lower class citizens.

Spelling & grammar doesn’t matter here & shouldn’t be policed. It’s one of Webby’s golden rules not to criticize people for it yet when it happens, it rarely gets enforced. Sometimes posters will do it in fun & make light of it if they know the poster & do it in jest followed by an appropriate smiley, but far to often, it is done in a belittling fashion as if to say I’m better than you & I’m smarter than you.

The last instance of it I read prompted me to delete my membership two days ago. Webby just hasn’t pulled the trigger yet & is awaiting a reply from an e-mail he sent. It’s becoming more evident which side of the fence I will fall on. The only thing that keeps me waffling is the friends I have made on this site & what this site has done for me both on & off the forums.

This is no longer the site I joined 2 years ago, far from it. It is sad indeed. Facts to disprove another’s observations are fine, but to make them feel like they aren’t worthy to be or post here isn’t.

There is none of here, with the exception of Brian Robison, who knows what goes on inside the locker rooms, in players meetings & what coaches actually change or don’t change & the reasons behind it.
All the football knowledge in the world won’t change that one iota. Everything is based off what we read in papers, stats & formulated opinions based on what we know.

No one should fear to post here, but they do. They feel intimidated. I’ve read it in several posts throughout the 2 years I was here & have had others tell me personally.
Ever wonder why so many lurkers continue to lurk & not join? Food for thought.

Most of the fun & enjoyment of coming here is gone for me & IMO is not what it used to be when I joined. It’s not what Webby intended, I can assure you of that.

If anyone has any doubts, ask the questions. Start a poll where a member can vote anonymously & let his voice be heard or a forum where their identity won’t be known when others read it.

IMO, their concerns should be shared with all, not just the mods.

God knows I haven’t been a saint here 100% of the time & I apologize for that. Sorry beforehand for possibly derailing this thread & getting chastised for it, but in all honesty it does fit in with the good, the bad & the ugly.

Three things to remember, especially with the draft approaching…….

Courtesy, Respect & Tact

Singer out

cogitans
12-31-2007, 11:09 PM
"singersp" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


The Good:
The progress this team has made.

The Bad:
The areas they still need to progress in.

The Ugly: Posters on this site who use the same old cliche's in an attempt to make everyone think they actually know something about football.
Truth be told if you use of these cliche's and don't back it up with any kindof substance you actually look dumber than if you would have just not posted anything.....

We can't make adjustments.
(I bet none of you even have a clue what adjustments are)
Our playcalling sucks.
(I bet none of you can even diagram a play let alone use the terms for it)
Our players looked flat.
(Faster teams make slower teams look flat.
We played a faster team).
We need to change the scheme to fit the players talents.
(You realize the players on this team were drafted because thier talents fit the scheme.)
Our coaches are hold the players back. (This one makes me just scratch my head and say WHAT)



When players such as Winfield & Sharper make note of it, I tend to regard that as credible.




As you craft your posts and feel the need to type one of these cliche's now that most knowledgable fans will feel the need to type YUTZ in responding to you but will hold back because we must play nice with the mindless posters of drivel cause if we slam on you we will be labeled as mean.
(No smiley face).



WOW Marr! You shocked me with that one.

(Now, speaking in general & not directed at you Marr, it’s just that your post & its following rebuttals prompted me to post thoughts that have boiling inside me for some time);

I used to think this was a fan site, but I guess this is fast becoming a site for “experts” or “well learned” only.
Many of us haven’t played football, but that doesn’t mean just because we don’t know the intricacies of the game, doesn’t mean we don’t have opinions based on our observations. After all, that is what this community was all about when I joined & one of the things I enjoyed about it.

People have been & fear to post here due to ridicule & if they are somewhat knowledgeable but make a typo, the thread Nazi(s) comes out & lays into them as if they were lower class citizens.

Spelling & grammar doesn’t matter here & shouldn’t be policed. It’s one of Webby’s golden rules not to criticize people for it yet when it happens, it rarely gets enforced. Sometimes posters will do it in fun & make light of it if they know the poster & do it in jest followed by an appropriate smiley, but far to often, it is done in a belittling fashion as if to say I’m better than you & I’m smarter than you.

The last instance of it I read prompted me to delete my membership two days ago. Webby just hasn’t pulled the trigger yet & is awaiting a reply from an e-mail he sent. It’s becoming more evident which side of the fence I will fall on. The only thing that keeps me waffling is the friends I have made on this site & what this site has done for me both on & off the forums.

This is no longer the site I joined 2 years ago, far from it. It is sad indeed. Facts to disprove another’s observations are fine, but to make them feel like they aren’t worthy to be or post here isn’t.

There is none of here, with the exception of Brian Robison, who knows what goes on inside the locker rooms, in players meetings & what coaches actually change or don’t change & the reasons behind it.
All the football knowledge in the world won’t change that one iota. Everything is based off what we read in papers, stats & formulated opinions based on what we know.

No one should fear to post here, but they do. They feel intimidated. I’ve read it in several posts throughout the 2 years I was here & have had others tell me personally.
Ever wonder why so many lurkers continue to lurk & not join? Food for thought.

Most of the fun & enjoyment of coming here is gone & IMO is running on a shell of it’s former self. It’s not what Webby intended, I can assure you of that.

If anyone has any doubts, ask the questions. Start a poll where a member can vote anonymously & let his voice be heard or a forum where their identity won’t be known when others read it.

IMO, their concerns should be shared with all, not just the mods.

God knows I haven’t been a saint here 100% of the time & I apologize for that. Sorry beforehand for possibly derailing this thread & getting chastised for it, but in all honesty it does fit in with the good, the bad & the ugly.

Three things to remember, especially with the draft approaching…….

Courtesy, Respect & Tact

Singer out

I don't know what to say to this.

First of all I can say that I do not share your feelings about the site. But that doesn't mean that I don't know what you mean about people being afraid to post.

I always encourage people to share their opinions around here. I know it can be rough at times, but there are a lot of kids letting out steam too, and generally I think the mods are doing a good job of setting down the foot when necessary.

I'd always be ready to discuss the way that veteran posters behave, even if I know it's a sensitive subject, and one we'll all have difficult - and not unbiased - opinions on.

All in all I think it's a general loss if we'll have to do with out capacities like yourself.

I think I have more on this, but that's all for now.

BadlandsVikings
01-01-2008, 12:32 AM
"singersp" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


The Good:
The progress this team has made.

The Bad:
The areas they still need to progress in.

The Ugly: Posters on this site who use the same old cliche's in an attempt to make everyone think they actually know something about football.
Truth be told if you use of these cliche's and don't back it up with any kindof substance you actually look dumber than if you would have just not posted anything.....

We can't make adjustments.
(I bet none of you even have a clue what adjustments are)
Our playcalling sucks.
(I bet none of you can even diagram a play let alone use the terms for it)
Our players looked flat.
(Faster teams make slower teams look flat.
We played a faster team).
We need to change the scheme to fit the players talents.
(You realize the players on this team were drafted because thier talents fit the scheme.)
Our coaches are hold the players back. (This one makes me just scratch my head and say WHAT)



When players such as Winfield & Sharper make note of it, I tend to regard that as credible.




As you craft your posts and feel the need to type one of these cliche's now that most knowledgable fans will feel the need to type YUTZ in responding to you but will hold back because we must play nice with the mindless posters of drivel cause if we slam on you we will be labeled as mean.
(No smiley face).



WOW Marr! You shocked me with that one.

(Now, speaking in general & not directed at you Marr, it’s just that your post & its following rebuttals prompted me to post thoughts that have boiling inside me for some time);

I used to think this was a fan site, but I guess this is fast becoming a site for “experts” or “well learned” only.
Many of us haven’t played football, but that doesn’t mean just because we don’t know the intricacies of the game, doesn’t mean we don’t have opinions based on our observations. After all, that is what this community was all about when I joined & one of the things I enjoyed about it.

People have been & fear to post here due to ridicule & if they are somewhat knowledgeable but make a typo, the thread Nazi(s) comes out & lays into them as if they were lower class citizens.

Spelling & grammar doesn’t matter here & shouldn’t be policed. It’s one of Webby’s golden rules not to criticize people for it yet when it happens, it rarely gets enforced. Sometimes posters will do it in fun & make light of it if they know the poster & do it in jest followed by an appropriate smiley, but far to often, it is done in a belittling fashion as if to say I’m better than you & I’m smarter than you.

The last instance of it I read prompted me to delete my membership two days ago. Webby just hasn’t pulled the trigger yet & is awaiting a reply from an e-mail he sent. It’s becoming more evident which side of the fence I will fall on. The only thing that keeps me waffling is the friends I have made on this site & what this site has done for me both on & off the forums.

This is no longer the site I joined 2 years ago, far from it. It is sad indeed. Facts to disprove another’s observations are fine, but to make them feel like they aren’t worthy to be or post here isn’t.

There is none of here, with the exception of Brian Robison, who knows what goes on inside the locker rooms, in players meetings & what coaches actually change or don’t change & the reasons behind it.
All the football knowledge in the world won’t change that one iota. Everything is based off what we read in papers, stats & formulated opinions based on what we know.

No one should fear to post here, but they do. They feel intimidated. I’ve read it in several posts throughout the 2 years I was here & have had others tell me personally.
Ever wonder why so many lurkers continue to lurk & not join? Food for thought.

Most of the fun & enjoyment of coming here is gone for me & IMO is not what it used to be when I joined. It’s not what Webby intended, I can assure you of that.

If anyone has any doubts, ask the questions. Start a poll where a member can vote anonymously & let his voice be heard or a forum where their identity won’t be known when others read it.

IMO, their concerns should be shared with all, not just the mods.

God knows I haven’t been a saint here 100% of the time & I apologize for that. Sorry beforehand for possibly derailing this thread & getting chastised for it, but in all honesty it does fit in with the good, the bad & the ugly.

Three things to remember, especially with the draft approaching…….

Courtesy, Respect & Tact

Singer out



I agree, this place has gone from being fun to a place where bullies pick on people...and a lot of the regulars have dissapeared because of it

Marrdro
01-01-2008, 07:31 AM
"singersp" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


The Good:
The progress this team has made.

The Bad:
The areas they still need to progress in.

The Ugly: Posters on this site who use the same old cliche's in an attempt to make everyone think they actually know something about football.
Truth be told if you use of these cliche's and don't back it up with any kindof substance you actually look dumber than if you would have just not posted anything.....

We can't make adjustments.
(I bet none of you even have a clue what adjustments are)
Our playcalling sucks.
(I bet none of you can even diagram a play let alone use the terms for it)
Our players looked flat.
(Faster teams make slower teams look flat.
We played a faster team).
We need to change the scheme to fit the players talents.
(You realize the players on this team were drafted because thier talents fit the scheme.)
Our coaches are hold the players back. (This one makes me just scratch my head and say WHAT)



When players such as Winfield & Sharper make note of it, I tend to regard that as credible.




As you craft your posts and feel the need to type one of these cliche's now that most knowledgable fans will feel the need to type YUTZ in responding to you but will hold back because we must play nice with the mindless posters of drivel cause if we slam on you we will be labeled as mean.
(No smiley face).



WOW Marr! You shocked me with that one.

(Now, speaking in general & not directed at you Marr, it’s just that your post & its following rebuttals prompted me to post thoughts that have boiling inside me for some time);

I used to think this was a fan site, but I guess this is fast becoming a site for “experts” or “well learned” only.
Many of us haven’t played football, but that doesn’t mean just because we don’t know the intricacies of the game, doesn’t mean we don’t have opinions based on our observations. After all, that is what this community was all about when I joined & one of the things I enjoyed about it.

People have been & fear to post here due to ridicule & if they are somewhat knowledgeable but make a typo, the thread Nazi(s) comes out & lays into them as if they were lower class citizens.

Spelling & grammar doesn’t matter here & shouldn’t be policed. It’s one of Webby’s golden rules not to criticize people for it yet when it happens, it rarely gets enforced. Sometimes posters will do it in fun & make light of it if they know the poster & do it in jest followed by an appropriate smiley, but far to often, it is done in a belittling fashion as if to say I’m better than you & I’m smarter than you.

The last instance of it I read prompted me to delete my membership two days ago. Webby just hasn’t pulled the trigger yet & is awaiting a reply from an e-mail he sent. It’s becoming more evident which side of the fence I will fall on. The only thing that keeps me waffling is the friends I have made on this site & what this site has done for me both on & off the forums.

This is no longer the site I joined 2 years ago, far from it. It is sad indeed. Facts to disprove another’s observations are fine, but to make them feel like they aren’t worthy to be or post here isn’t.

There is none of here, with the exception of Brian Robison, who knows what goes on inside the locker rooms, in players meetings & what coaches actually change or don’t change & the reasons behind it.
All the football knowledge in the world won’t change that one iota. Everything is based off what we read in papers, stats & formulated opinions based on what we know.

No one should fear to post here, but they do. They feel intimidated. I’ve read it in several posts throughout the 2 years I was here & have had others tell me personally.
Ever wonder why so many lurkers continue to lurk & not join? Food for thought.

Most of the fun & enjoyment of coming here is gone for me & IMO is not what it used to be when I joined. It’s not what Webby intended, I can assure you of that.

If anyone has any doubts, ask the questions. Start a poll where a member can vote anonymously & let his voice be heard or a forum where their identity won’t be known when others read it.

IMO, their concerns should be shared with all, not just the mods.

God knows I haven’t been a saint here 100% of the time & I apologize for that. Sorry beforehand for possibly derailing this thread & getting chastised for it, but in all honesty it does fit in with the good, the bad & the ugly.

Three things to remember, especially with the draft approaching…….

Courtesy, Respect & Tact

Singer out


Well said my friend.


I agree with all of your points but would also like to add that just because a poster posts something (and you know the types of threads my comment was direct at) they shouldn't get a free ride just because they aren't the most knowledgable in that subject.

Look, long story short, if you feel the need to post keep it in the back of your mind that someone will probably feel the need to respond.

In most cases the responder will disagree with you.
It isn't because that poster hates you or has some vendetta against you but rather that he just plain old doesn't agree with your statement.

Don't take it so personnel.
Feel free to add more to your post in its defense or to add additional info to your original post in an effort to sway the poster to your way of thinking.

Long story short, some people know more, some people know less but most of us are here to voice our opinions and get input on those opinions.
Heck most of us whether we think we know all there is or not are here to cheer for the team we love, and yes, learn about that team and the game.

If people would take that approach to posting and reading post (and most do IMHO) then maybe just maybe we will continue to be the best site on the net.

As for you, I do hope you elect to stick with the site.
Sure someone will fill the void and add the articles but your insight into the game and views such as this will be missed my friend.

Purple Floyd
01-01-2008, 10:06 AM
I can see what Singer is saying. Most of the time fans find this site and want to come in here and either celebrate or bitch, depending on the outcome of the game and for them, they are just looking for a place to come in and blow off steam without having to do a research paper to post their opinion. On the other hand there are guys who have been here a long tima and there is probably a sense of monotony to see "Fire Childress" starting a thread 6 times a week.

Having been around the forum block a few times, it seems to me that it would be beneficial to the site
to have a general forum, like Vikings 101 for the newbies and fans who just want to casually discuss the team without having to labeled a YUTZ, and for those who want to go deeper into discussion and what to debate stats etc in more detail, we could have a Vikings PHD that may do a better job of keeping the old guard occupied.

The forum has grown and is continuing to grow and at some point it is advantageous to alter the forums to take advantage of the expanding base.

Just a thought

Marrdro
01-01-2008, 10:12 AM
"UffDaVikes" wrote:


I can see what Singer is saying. Most of the time fans find this site and want to come in here and either celebrate or beeyatch, depending on the outcome of the game and for them, they are just looking for a place to come in and blow off steam without having to do a research paper to post their opinion. On the other hand there are guys who have been here a long tima and there is probably a sense of monotony to see "Fire Childress" starting a thread 6 times a week.

Having been around the forum block a few times, it seems to me that it would be beneficial to the site
to have a general forum, like Vikings 101 for the newbies and fans who just want to casually discuss the team without having to labeled a YUTZ, and for those who want to go deeper into discussion and what to debate stats etc in more detail, we could have a Vikings PHD that may do a better job of keeping the old guard occupied.

The forum has grown and is continuing to grow and at some point it is advantageous to alter the forums to take advantage of the expanding base.

Just a thought

Do you really think they will read that type of stuff?

First of all I believe that most of them think they know everything (I sure the hell don't) and will just blow that type of stuff off.

Secondly if a 101 thread was written, it would only stay as current as often as it was bumped.
I can speak from authority, I tried that early on and none of those threads got any play.

I did a great one on our WR's that got like 6 responses and was very limited in the view area.

I also did on one the OL that got a bit more play but also wasn't a big hit.

Although I see your point, I have made attempts to do that sort of thing and it doesn't go very far.

Purple Floyd
01-01-2008, 10:14 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:


"UffDaVikes" wrote:


I can see what Singer is saying. Most of the time fans find this site and want to come in here and either celebrate or beeyatch, depending on the outcome of the game and for them, they are just looking for a place to come in and blow off steam without having to do a research paper to post their opinion. On the other hand there are guys who have been here a long tima and there is probably a sense of monotony to see "Fire Childress" starting a thread 6 times a week.

Having been around the forum block a few times, it seems to me that it would be beneficial to the site
to have a general forum, like Vikings 101 for the newbies and fans who just want to casually discuss the team without having to labeled a YUTZ, and for those who want to go deeper into discussion and what to debate stats etc in more detail, we could have a Vikings PHD that may do a better job of keeping the old guard occupied.

The forum has grown and is continuing to grow and at some point it is advantageous to alter the forums to take advantage of the expanding base.

Just a thought

Do you really think they will read that type of stuff?

First of all I believe that most of them think they know everything (I sure the hell don't) and will just blow that type of stuff off.

Secondly if a 101 thread was written, it would only stay as current as often as it was bumped.
I can speak from authority, I tried that early on and none of those threads got any play.

I did a great one on our WR's that got like 6 responses and was very limited in the view area.

I also did on one the OL that got a bit more play but also wasn't a big hit.

Although I see your point, I have made attempts to do that sort of thing and it doesn't go very far.


I don't think you understood. I am talking about separate forums like we have the fan forum, hof etc. Not different threads in the same forum

Marrdro
01-01-2008, 10:19 AM
"UffDaVikes" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


"UffDaVikes" wrote:


I can see what Singer is saying. Most of the time fans find this site and want to come in here and either celebrate or beeyatch, depending on the outcome of the game and for them, they are just looking for a place to come in and blow off steam without having to do a research paper to post their opinion. On the other hand there are guys who have been here a long tima and there is probably a sense of monotony to see "Fire Childress" starting a thread 6 times a week.

Having been around the forum block a few times, it seems to me that it would be beneficial to the site
to have a general forum, like Vikings 101 for the newbies and fans who just want to casually discuss the team without having to labeled a YUTZ, and for those who want to go deeper into discussion and what to debate stats etc in more detail, we could have a Vikings PHD that may do a better job of keeping the old guard occupied.

The forum has grown and is continuing to grow and at some point it is advantageous to alter the forums to take advantage of the expanding base.

Just a thought

Do you really think they will read that type of stuff?

First of all I believe that most of them think they know everything (I sure the hell don't) and will just blow that type of stuff off.

Secondly if a 101 thread was written, it would only stay as current as often as it was bumped.
I can speak from authority, I tried that early on and none of those threads got any play.

I did a great one on our WR's that got like 6 responses and was very limited in the view area.

I also did on one the OL that got a bit more play but also wasn't a big hit.

Although I see your point, I have made attempts to do that sort of thing and it doesn't go very far.


I don't think you understood. I am talking about separate forums like we have the fan forum, hof etc. Not different threads in the same forum

I understood and I think it is a good idea but I don't think it would get much play.
Luckily I don't have a vote.
Again, it is a good idea.

Webby
01-01-2008, 03:45 PM
"UffDaVikes" wrote:


I can see what Singer is saying. Most of the time fans find this site and want to come in here and either celebrate or beeyatch, depending on the outcome of the game and for them, they are just looking for a place to come in and blow off steam without having to do a research paper to post their opinion. On the other hand there are guys who have been here a long tima and there is probably a sense of monotony to see "Fire Childress" starting a thread 6 times a week.

Having been around the forum block a few times, it seems to me that it would be beneficial to the site
to have a general forum, like Vikings 101 for the newbies and fans who just want to casually discuss the team without having to labeled a YUTZ, and for those who want to go deeper into discussion and what to debate stats etc in more detail, we could have a Vikings PHD that may do a better job of keeping the old guard occupied.

The forum has grown and is continuing to grow and at some point it is advantageous to alter the forums to take advantage of the expanding base.

Just a thought



Might be a real fine idea.....a place for newbs to play and not feel like they need a paper.
I too feel that sometimes, but its hard to put a finger on around here.

But without feedback to me, I have no clue what in particular is bothersome.
This site is very large now and its not as easy as it use to be to keep tabs.

I will note that if you fail to get me involved, then I can't help but throw my hands in the air.

I don't see everything the same way as others, but always listen.
The mods and I need to do a better job perhaps of finding the belittling...but I dn't see disagreement as belittling either.
Some folks here are quite knowledgeable and because they post intricate well thought out posts, that does not lock you out, nor should it prevent your opinion from being heard.


Singer is right.
The behavior here has me wondering if I even keep the site alive for the future.
Sad indeed when there is really only a single rule.
Its not complex the be a member here.
There are no cliques or secret passwords.
But if people keep pissing on the rules and throw a holy stink when corrected, then I am to the point it is better to ban someone than let them foul the waters.
People that do throw a stink for being corrected sometimes end up being exemplary members too.
You see my point.

Garland Greene
01-01-2008, 04:06 PM
Don't we already have that somewhat in the HOF? Or could that become that place?

ultravikingfan
01-01-2008, 04:06 PM
Excellent post Webby.

I see a lot of members get all bent out of shape because they are faced with intelligent and well thought out posts.
The only way to hang in there is counter with intelligent posts.

I know what is going on here lately and it's understandable on one front, and kind of silly on another.

Like Webby said, unless somebody knows about it Webby cannot do anything about it.
The last thing we want to see is another member quitting.

Webby
01-01-2008, 04:11 PM
"Garland" wrote:


Don't we already have that somewhat in the HOF? Or could that become that place?



That was my original intent, but its not clear.
I myself would like a Vikings101 type area where I can go in and toss in two stupid cents once in awhile just to get it off my chest.
I would spend more time in the more serious area though myself.

Garland Greene
01-01-2008, 04:12 PM
Maybe examples need to be sent. Nothing wromg with a short term ban to "Cool Off" if needed. Or a perminate one if warrented

ejmat
01-01-2008, 04:30 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:


Excellent post Webby.

I see a lot of members get all bent out of shape because they are faced with intelligent and well thought out posts.
The only way to hang in there is counter with intelligent posts.

I know what is going on here lately and it's understandable on one front, and kind of silly on another.

Like Webby said, unless somebody knows about it Webby cannot do anything about it.
The last thing we want to see is another member quitting.



I agree.
I, for one, love intelligent posts and intellectual debates.
I will admit sometimes I let me temper get the best of me.
For that I apologize.
The one thing I will say is this site would not be the site it is without people like Webby keeping it going.
Singer, personally I hope you decide to stay.
This site would not be the same without you.
You always give good feedback and handle it pretty well when someone doesn't agree with you.
You also initiate some great articles which I would never be able to find.
For that I thank you.

Frostbite
01-01-2008, 04:48 PM
I am very new here but I have enjoyed the site tremendously since joining. I think Webby and the mods here do a fine job of over-seeing and correcting problem posts etc. No matter what rules are posted on sites like these there will always be the one or two bad apples that filter into the site.

In my humble opinion you join the site with the intention of having fun and talking about football and the Vikings in general. You must consider that if you post anything it is subject to review and possible debate from other members with opposite view points. alsp possible deletion by the Mods/Web Site Owner etc.

I have had some of my topic issues "jumped" on here....but as I see it, other fans have a right to voice there opinions....so I NEVER TAKE IT PERSONAL...

A little thicker skin is sometimes needed on any fan boards anywhere becuase we are all human beings first and foremost, with different personalities and view points that span the gambit of NFL/Vikings and other issues accross the Board subject matter.

Some attention to courtesy....that is treating someone the way you would want to be treated should be our first thought when making any reply posts, or original post for that matter. Think before we speak. Otherwise we run the risk of getting OMAIF Disease (Open Mouth and Insert Foot) which many of the very knowledgable posters here will not and should not have to tollerate. Obviously poor taste posts...foul language and disrespectful posts toward others will not and should not be tollerated here. There is an entire rule section we should have all read that deals with this stuff.

No...nobody should get a pass for posting points that can and should be contested by debate. Anybody remember your debate protocals and edicate?? As far as mis-spelling words...I'm one of the worst because I never took typing 101 and I find it often difficult to keep up on subject matter here with posters that are more efficeint on the keyboard than I am. I don't think we should criticize anybody for it. Again...polite nods about it if you simply can't make heads or tails out of the post because of mis-spelling is probably ok. Nobody is perfect. As humans we get angry sometimes, frustrated, and often short with others. No website on earth is without these problems on occasion. Being able to admit you were wrong is the hardest thing to do sometimes. Appologies don't always come easy, and forgiveness can be difficult to show for some folks.

Finally...When everything is said and done people... the site is for the enjoyment of us all, in the fun and spirit of debate. We can all learn from each other and nobody knows everything. I cannot speak for the Web moderators or the Web site Owner here, but I would venture to say that they also want everyone to have fun within the guidelines of courtesy and common sense. I for one will continue my membership and look forward to 2008 and tossing around the info and ideas with all of you here.

Singersp...you will be missed. Very sorry to see you go my friend.

Thanks for all your input. I learned a lot from your posts.

Cheers!

Cheers!

tb04512
01-01-2008, 04:53 PM
singer left
???

Garland Greene
01-01-2008, 04:58 PM
"tb04512" wrote:


singer left
???


unfortunatly for now. Go back a couple of pages. and you will see his reasons.

ultravikingfan
01-01-2008, 07:09 PM
He's taking a break, thats it.

Marrdro
01-01-2008, 07:12 PM
"Garland" wrote:


"tb04512" wrote:


singer left
???


unfortunatly for now. Go back a couple of pages. and you will see his reasons.

He and I trade emails.
I continue to tell him how he is missed.
Hopefully he will return.

ultravikingfan
01-01-2008, 07:13 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:


"Garland" wrote:


"tb04512" wrote:


singer left
???


unfortunatly for now. Go back a couple of pages. and you will see his reasons.

He and I trade emails.
I continue to tell him how he is missed.
Hopefully he will return.


I IM him daily, and he is just taking a break.

Zeus
01-01-2008, 07:37 PM
"NordicNed" wrote:



*snip*





Pathetic.
Way to take a gesture of friendship from one member of PPO to another and turn it ugly.

That's quality.

=Z=

NordicNed
01-02-2008, 03:34 PM
"Zeus" wrote:


"NordicNed" wrote:



*snip*





Pathetic.
Way to take a gesture of friendship from one member of PPO to another and turn it ugly.

That's quality.

=Z=




As the old saying goes, " If ths hat fits, wear it "........ ;D

BadlandsVikings
01-02-2008, 05:17 PM
You can't make everybody happy and there will always be someone who gets pissed off my stupid crap.

Purple Floyd
01-03-2008, 09:04 PM
The good........

http://www.purplepride.org/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/thongs39fb4852aa.jpg (http://www.purplepride.org/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/thongs39fb4852aa.jpg)

MaxVike
01-03-2008, 10:08 PM
"UffDaVikes" wrote:


The good........


Ah, thanks for not posting the Bad and the Ugly.
I'm good with the Good, very good...thank you.

ejmat
01-04-2008, 07:09 AM
"MaxVike" wrote:


"UffDaVikes" wrote:


The good........


Ah, thanks for not posting the Bad and the Ugly.
I'm good with the Good, very good...thank you.


Yes I must thank you as well Uff.

Purple Floyd
01-04-2008, 07:43 AM
"ejmat" wrote:


"MaxVike" wrote:


"UffDaVikes" wrote:


The good........


Ah, thanks for not posting the Bad and the Ugly.
I'm good with the Good, very good...thank you.


Yes I must thank you as well Uff.


Behave or I will .That was the carrot,hopefully we don't need the stick
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

davike
01-13-2008, 12:55 AM
Wow, I can't believe Singer actually left. I hope he comes to his senses and gets his arse back on here. He is a major part of this community and will be missed.

BadlandsVikings
01-13-2008, 01:02 AM
"davike" wrote:


Wow, I can't believe Singer actually left. I hope he comes to his senses and gets his arse back on here. He is a major part of this community and will be missed.


I think he already did come back

davike
01-13-2008, 01:05 AM
"BadlandsViking" wrote:


"davike" wrote:


Wow, I can't believe Singer actually left. I hope he comes to his senses and gets his arse back on here. He is a major part of this community and will be missed.


I think he already did come back


Great! Then I'll change my tune. Why the hell did you leave Singer? Whats the matter with you
>:(