PDA

View Full Version : If you don't like Brett Favre, you're a tool.

RandyMoss8404
12-09-2004, 10:35 AM
Packers: Favre cuts hair to support his wife
Judd Zulgad, Star Tribune
December 9, 2004 PACK1209

GREEN BAY, WIS. -- The cropped haircut Brett Favre wore under his baseball cap Wednesday served as a reminder that there are far more important things than Green Bay's 47-17 loss to Philadelphia on Sunday.

"I'm gradually cutting it down so I can be like my wife," the Packers quarterback said as he removed his hat to show the assembled media a close shave. "I had to ease into it."

Favre's wife, Deanna, was diagnosed with breast cancer in late October and began treatments three weeks ago that will cause her to lose her hair. "She'll look a hell of a lot better than me without hair," Favre said. "Maybe that will make her feel better. I don't know. She has to do it, there's no choice. Just whatever support I can give her."

Favre said his wife has her "up and down" days but is "hanging in there probably much better than I would. She has her moments."
Brett Favre shows off his new haircut.
Associated Press

This has been a trying past year for the Favres, beginning last December when Brett's father, Irv, died of a heart attack days before Christmas. Deanna's younger brother was killed in an all-terrain vehicle accidents three weeks before she was diagnosed with cancer.

"I'm doing all right, all things considered," Favre said when asked about himself. "We've had some tough things happen to us but we've managed to survive, and I don't see any reason why we won't during this."

Etc.

JDogg926
12-09-2004, 10:44 AM
Rough year for the Packman. As much as I hate to admit it, he's a classy guy.

Del Rio
12-09-2004, 10:49 AM
He's a very great athlete hall of famer, he is wreckless in his style and takes risks=fun to watch/or hard to watch at times if your a fan. He is a class act............................................

But he plays for the rival so he must be made fun of or at the very least dis-credited as much as possible :D

If people cross the line here lots of Vike fans are quick to jump in and call it. I don't think anyone here hates him or dislikes him on a personal level. Just tired of hearing about him :D

mrdrae
12-09-2004, 10:51 AM
I'm a Packer Fan and I get tired of hearing about him all of the time. But I never get tired of watching him play when he is on his game.

uncle tony
12-09-2004, 11:54 AM
As much as I dislike him ont he football field I hope his personal life comes out O.K.

cajunvike
12-09-2004, 12:00 PM
Gotta bash him until he retires....just because he is a Packer!!! No disrespect to him personally though...he is a fellow Cajun (albeit from Mississippi)!

jackyl
12-09-2004, 12:15 PM
Brett's a class act. Wish he and Deanna the best.

TheAnimal93
12-09-2004, 02:25 PM
favre.........love to hate him......his personal life i am sure that he would like to keep it that way. personal. if he would like some support from a football player, he should call chris spielman.

VKG4LFE
12-09-2004, 04:54 PM
"uncle tony" wrote:

As much as I dislike him ont he football field I hope his personal life comes out O.K.

Very well said! Just like Mrdrae said, I am tired of hearing about off the field stuff, but on the field he's a hell of a ball player!

so-cal vike
12-10-2004, 04:43 PM
Pill-popping and his refusal to properly pronounce his name aside, I don't believe anyone has said anything bad about Farve, or dislikes him personally. I wish him and his family all the best, after all he earned it. On the field however, I hope he spends more time on his as* than on his feet, but that's football.

G_Vikes1970
12-10-2004, 11:48 PM
bret favre is the biggest peice of trash ever. he will forever be the sports figure i hate most.... i detest faaaaaaaaaavre

Eyesore
12-11-2004, 10:54 AM
Vikes fans showin' some class!! Nice

'Cept vikes1970.....Fu Q

casper
12-11-2004, 11:10 AM
No NO NO eyesore NOT vikes1970 :shock: I'll be the lab. rat :tongue: what I am I saying :scratch: Somebody :stop: ME :shaking: or :help: ME... :shock:

wait lets get back to the thread It is just sad that Faver's life is so much under the public eye, :? and that there are those who don't have respect for others hardships what ever they are or do. that is one the saddest exhibits of human behavior :|

were in the heck did that come from :silent: I am out of here :blackeye: or at least to the next thread 8)

Eyesore
12-11-2004, 11:41 AM
Hi casper,

:rr: I :study: sometimes :cherry: have :oops: a :( hard :sunny: time :santa: trying :cheers: to :salute: disypher :x what :argue: is :clown: you :twisted: are :colors: taking :arrow: about :idea: due :twisted: to :) all :D these :thumbright: retarded :rr: smiley :bom: faces :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

casper
12-11-2004, 11:47 AM
"Eyesore" wrote:

Hi casper,

:rr: I :study: sometimes :cherry: have :oops: a :( hard :sunny: time :santa: trying :cheers: to :salute: disypher :x what :argue: is :clown: you :twisted: are :colors: taking :arrow: about :idea: due :twisted: to :) all :D these :thumbright: retarded :rr: smiley :bom: faces :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

It's Ok I don't understand them either :shock:

:bs: you must be one with your smilies :grommit: besides a picture is worth 1000 words :scratch:

yea write :study: not to worrie in time #-o you will understand :-k grasshopper :silent: I mean Eyesore :wink:

Eyesore
12-11-2004, 12:27 PM
:r

casper
12-11-2004, 12:35 PM
"Eyesore" wrote:

:r

=; you are not one with your smilies :tongue:

tlk23
12-11-2004, 12:43 PM
I hate Brett Farve and nothing he can do to change my mind.

Eyesore
12-11-2004, 01:12 PM
Alright then, I hate Dawn-tay. :rr:

LosAngelis
12-11-2004, 01:29 PM
"tlk23" wrote:

I hate Brett Farve and nothing he can do to change my mind.

Not trying to provoke, but if you hate him, you hate him because he's a Packer. If he had been a Viking all these years, you'd love him.

tlk23
12-11-2004, 02:42 PM
That maybe true, but Farve just rubs me the wrong way. Especially when he hands the ball off and does his fake throw when he doesn't even have the ball and everyone knows it. Sometimes he just gets too giddy. If Farve was to come to the Vikings now I would still hate him. :angryfire:

Caine
12-11-2004, 09:37 PM
"tlk23" wrote:

That maybe true, but Farve just rubs me the wrong way. Especially when he hands the ball off and does his fake throw when he doesn't even have the ball and everyone knows it. Sometimes he just gets too giddy. If Farve was to come to the Vikings now I would still hate him. :angryfire:

Never thought I'd see the day that I'd rise to defend a packer, but...

When Favre "sells" the fake, he's simply using good mechanics. To dislike that is a bit...silly.

The ONLY time I had an "Issue" with Favre was two years ago when he left the Metrodome with 37 seconds on the clock - I believe we'd picked him 3 times, and he was pouting. Had they won, you know damn well that he'd have been on the field, but he walked off early..

And, when measured against his career - and everything else he's done - that's a pretty stupid reason for me to dislike him, so I chalk that up as a fluke and disregard it.

All in all, few players have EVER given as much to their TEAM as Favre has. how many other Pro players have you heard of taking pay cuts so their team can sign more talent? How many players refuse to negotiate contracts saying instead, "I know you'll do what's right".

He's been a class act year in and year out (with one - previously mentioned - exception). Yeah, I laughed when he tried to play tough-guy in the brawl in Lambeau 2 years ago - especially watching hit the brakes when Hovan came around the corner - but even THAT isn't anything to dislike him for.

Had he been in Purple all these years, we'd have 3-5 SB tropheys in our case tight now...no doubt in my mind. favre has NEVER had the weapons to use that we have had - NEVER. Yet he finds ways to win.

I dislike the Packers - in a friendly sports rivalry kind of way - but I respet the hell out of Favre. I wish more players would take note of how he does things, and quit acting like spoiled children who only care about "pay day".

I'll miss him once he retires.

Caine

tlk23
12-11-2004, 11:10 PM
If doing that stupid fake is good mechanics, then why doesn't every QB do it then and how is that good mechanics. All Farve does is turn around was the RB is already 5 yards past the line of scrimmage and jumps up and pretends to throw the ball. It would be great if he landed wrong and tore his knee all up like Bill Gramatica.

Caine
12-12-2004, 08:30 AM
"tlk23" wrote:

If doing that stupid fake is good mechanics, then why doesn't every QB do it then and how is that good mechanics. All Farve does is turn around was the RB is already 5 yards past the line of scrimmage and jumps up and pretends to throw the ball. It would be great if he landed wrong and tore his knee all up like Bill Gramatica.

Sometimes, he still does catch a defender off guard, and they will bite on it - buying a couple seconds for the ball carrier. THAT'S how it's good mechanics. He follows through, time after time. One of these times, it won't be a fake...

Caine

casper
12-12-2004, 08:56 AM
Just becasue I dislike B Fever while he is on the gridiron :angryfire: doesn't mean I can not respect him for the professional achievements he has accomplished both on the field and off the field :shock: when ever he is not drunk or poping pills or someone in his family is not sick or dieing :roll: having said that if he was a no good lucky mother who just has had a good year that would be differant. :? OK OK so he has had a few lucky years :drunken: but that is because no one else would thow cheese pie's for Green G@y

As a life long Viking Fan I DISLIKE any QB RB WR TE CB LB S and Line player (that means football team for you Pucker fans) who steps on the gridiron against the Minnesota Vikings :scratch: don't tell me you are not the same :argue:

The point maybe needed to be made and to Quantify what do you mean by If you don't like Brett (Cheesepie Thrower) Fever, You're a Tool :tongue: I think you should honestly post it on a cheese board :pukeright:

Beside if you don't like that vikings fans don't like Butthead (cheese breath) Fever :arrow: GO BACK TO THE CHEESE HEAD FORUM :scratch: wait i forgot they can't type or operate computers :tongue:

tlk23
12-12-2004, 09:39 AM
I have never seen Farve still have the ball when he does that fake. Let me know when that happens and the Cardinals win the Super Bowl.

Eyesore
12-12-2004, 09:40 AM
:rr:

LosAngelis
12-12-2004, 10:11 AM
"tlk23" wrote:

Especially when he hands the ball off and does his fake throw when he doesn't even have the ball and everyone knows it.

Did you hate Brad Johnson when he did it to make fun of Favre in a game back in the 90's?

packmanxxxi
12-12-2004, 10:32 AM
Actually, favre's roll outs and handoffs are the smal plays in many respects... the only difference is Favre DOES have the ball. There was an interview a few years back (I couldn't find it sorry- so believe me if you want) in which defenders say they HAVE to look back at him, and do... so, think what you want, but tell me this... even if it is silly, what can it hurt?

casper
12-12-2004, 10:36 AM
"Eyesore" wrote:

:rr:

:headbang: you be jamen

:director: for our next lesson we will be come one with our team, Think Purple, Gold and White and repeatedly chant SKOL

:shock: :happy9:

rjkvikings
12-12-2004, 09:37 PM
"packmanxxxi" wrote:

Actually, favre's roll outs and handoffs are the smal plays in many respects... the only difference is Favre DOES have the ball. There was an interview a few years back (I couldn't find it sorry- so believe me if you want) in which defenders say they HAVE to look back at him, and do... so, think what you want, but tell me this... even if it is silly, what can it hurt?

Dang, I hate agreeing with you, but that's kinda what I was thinking. It probably does buy a little bit of time every once in a while, and even if it is silly, what does it hurt? Absolutely nothing, so why not do it?

Packerguy
12-12-2004, 10:02 PM
I did not expect to see such nice things said in this post. I got to hand it to u guys u are surprising me.