PDA

View Full Version : Chilly, 2nd coming of Jerry Burns??

kjdaddy
12-30-2007, 05:45 PM
I am so pissed off today!!!!
>:(

Doesn't this remind you of when we got Herschel Walker??
Jerry wouldn't give him the ball.
He returned kicks and punts and ran lots of decoys.
I was so frustrated in those days.

I have that same feeling today.
Why the freak is AP sitting on the sideline at the start of the game??
Why is he returning kicks?
Does Chilly fear success?
Does he want to kill the best thing we have?
I can't stand watching this pooh!!
GIVE HIM 30 carries today gol darnit!!!!
Chilly is Burns.

p.s.
If a receiver (TW) can't receive the cut his freakin jiggly butt!!!!!!!!
I hate him too!
p.s.s. Oh yeah, happy friggin new year.

Angel_Martin
12-30-2007, 05:53 PM
Nah, Jerry Burns was at least funny. You always had to watch "Uncle Burnsie" after the game to see what he had to say about Bob Schnelker, the fans or Alfred Anderson!!

BadlandsVikings
12-30-2007, 06:04 PM
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h63/westvirginiavikings/brad.jpg

Purple Floyd
12-30-2007, 07:12 PM
Well, at least he didn't trade Moss so he can end up in New England and help them go 16-0

kjdaddy
12-30-2007, 07:21 PM
"BadlandsViking" wrote:

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h63/westvirginiavikings/brad.jpg

Mr Noodle

V4L
12-30-2007, 07:34 PM
He was having Adrian return kicks because Adrian is awesome in open space, and we were fighting for a play off spot

But the play calling was horrible today.. And some of the choices

The Dropper
12-30-2007, 07:58 PM
"kjdaddy" wrote:

I am so pissed off today!!!!
>:(

Doesn't this remind you of when we got Herschel Walker??
Jerry wouldn't give him the ball.
He returned kicks and punts and ran lots of decoys.
I was so frustrated in those days.

I have that same feeling today.
Why the freak is AP sitting on the sideline at the start of the game??
Why is he returning kicks?
Does Chilly fear success?
Does he want to kill the best thing we have?
I can't stand watching this pooh!!
GIVE HIM 30 carries today gol darnit!!!!
Chilly is Burns.

p.s.
If a receiver (TW) can't receive the cut his freakin jiggly butt!!!!!!!!
I hate him too!
p.s.s. Oh yeah, happy friggin new year.

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Always remember: you are loved.
:)

Marrdro
12-30-2007, 08:04 PM
You guys fricken crack me up.

The staff comes up with a scheme that is very effective and because you didn't get to see AD every play you bitch.
Damn I thought you guys undrestood football.

It sure the hell wasn't the coach that did the following:

a.
CT fumbles on the goal line.
b.
CT fumbles on a critical down.
c.
T-will misses a deep ball.
d. T-will drops a easy third down conversion.
e. Defense missed more tackles than carter has pills.
f.
AD missed a easy pitch for a 11 yard loss.

Comeon my friends, Vikings fans are supposed to be knowledgeable fans.
Tonight I haven't read anything but alot of drivel posts blaming a Coach.

Sure he is ultimately the blame but comeon people call it the way it really was.

ultravikingfan
12-30-2007, 08:07 PM
No way.
Jerry was one of a kind.

And had a personality.

BadlandsVikings
12-30-2007, 08:14 PM
They aren't the same, Chilly doesn't look like he's 100 years old

http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/247940.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1934A2752006EF5F0EDAB67B3D91B53038A284831B75F48EF45

StillPurple
12-30-2007, 08:44 PM
Jerry Burns didn't draft a I-AA QB you had a 45 % completion rate and then insist he is "the future", despite all evidence to the contrary.

Let's face it, Chilly took a 9-7 Vikings team, and turned it into an 8-8 team.

NodakPaul
12-30-2007, 08:49 PM
"StillPurple" wrote:

Jerry Burns didn't draft a I-AA QB you had a 45 % completion rate and then insist he is "the future", despite all evidence to the contrary.

Childress took a .500 team (over Tice's career) that was nothing more than a joke in the NFL and turned it into a team that was fighting for the playoffs in week 17.
We may have been 8-8 this year, but we are still showing improvement (6-3 record to end the season), and I am pretty excited about next year.

TheVike
12-30-2007, 08:51 PM
I agree with Marrdro in many respects...however players make plays, good players make good plays, and GREAT players make GREAT plays it is the coaches responsibility to again insprier them and motivate to reach their potential as a player so as to accomplish this...not getting it done tho, no?

Marrdro
12-30-2007, 08:57 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

"StillPurple" wrote:

Childress took a .500 team (over Tice's career) that was nothing more than a joke in the NFL and turned it into a team that was fighting for the playoffs in week 17.
We may have been 8-8 this year, but we are still showing improvement (6-3 record to end the season), and I am pretty excited about next year.

Preach on my brother from another mother.
;D

marshallvike
12-30-2007, 09:07 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

"StillPurple" wrote:

Preach on my brother from another mother.

;D

no offense,.... but BULLSH!!!!T. chilld!!!ck took a 9-7 team and in 2 years improved???? to 8-8. chilld!!!ck has at least twice as many assistant coaches and a far larger budget than tice EVER HAD and still hasn't done as well as tice. i want to hope as much as anyone else that he can make us better, but so far he has sucked the big wazoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheVike
12-30-2007, 10:12 PM
PLUS!!
Jerry was funny as hell and had a personality!
You couldn t heklp but grow on em now Mr C come on fellas...

marshallvike
12-30-2007, 10:14 PM
"TheVike" wrote:

PLUS!!
Jerry was funny as hell and had a personality!
You couldn t heklp but grow on em now Mr C come on fellas...

and he looked like burgess meredith,(the penguin)

marstc09
12-30-2007, 10:14 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

"StillPurple" wrote:

Skol, me too!

TheVike
12-30-2007, 10:16 PM
THAT s HIM!!!!
ROFLMFAO

PacNWVike
12-30-2007, 10:16 PM
You should go easy on Burnsie.
We old timers know it was he, not Walsh who created the "West Coast Offense" with Tarkenton and Foreman.
Walsh just improved it.
Burnsie knew what he was doing...

marshallvike
12-30-2007, 10:20 PM
"PacNWVike" wrote:

You should go easy on Burnsie.
We old timers know it was he, not Walsh who created the "West Coast Offense" with Tarkenton and Foreman.
Walsh just improved it.
Burnsie knew what he was doing...

yeah, i like to make fun, but he was within a darrin nelson dropped pass on the goal line at game time of being in the super bowl. a super bowl completely dominated by the nfc redskins.

Purple Floyd
12-30-2007, 10:29 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

"StillPurple" wrote:

You know, it looked at first like he was going to clean things up, but to tell you the truth he has been disappointing to me in a few ways. After cutting Koren Robinson and Marcus Robinson we still aren't looking at Mr Rodgers neighborhood. We have had sex in a stairwell, joints in a car, steroids etc. and it seems like the stuff is creeping back in and nobody has been getting cut because of it like they would have last year. This is making me wonder how serious he is about cleaning the team up and how much less of a joke it will end up being.

And for the rest of the improving, I am sure Tice would have liked to have the staff that Childress has been given and the freedom to seek players.

Had Childress not had the open checkbook to sign players and extend contracts, do you think he would still be able to win the games he has?

TheVike
01-03-2008, 07:51 PM
Uffda
glad you got straight to the point!
I have sublimely made it in several threads yet no one appears to have the capacity to acknowledge it???
Or simply wants to condone the behavior and the lack of a backbone in taking care of... WAQTCH what people do NEVER listen to what they say this is the difference in TRUE leaders!!!!!!!!!

Purple Floyd
01-03-2008, 09:27 PM
Thanks