PDA

View Full Version : Daunte Bashers

Haneef87
12-08-2004, 07:21 PM
I.. I just cant beleive there are such things as Daunte Bashers out there. How can you criticize this guy, I mean he throws bad passes like every other qb and is fumble prone, but he can make up for it with his magnificent strength and rocket arm. I mean this guy will be the real deal. If ppl arent satisfied of what they seen, I really dont know what it takes to be an Elite NFl Qb..

Daunte Bashers... NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 :roll:

VKG4LFE
12-08-2004, 07:28 PM
I agree, welcome to the board too!

cajunvike
12-08-2004, 07:32 PM
Unfortunately, he is gonna have to lead the Vikings to a Super Bowl WIN to end the criticism that he endures...and even after that, there will still be those who are just haters...witness Favre if you don't believe me. Lest the Packer fans turn this thread into another Favre worship fest, let me say that Pep will win that Super Bowl and maybe even more and that he will prove that he was the best QB in his draft year and the best of his era before he is done!

Haneef87
12-08-2004, 07:34 PM
thanks vkg4life, man i feel like home in here!!

I mean everyone basically understands what im trying to say here and im so glad to be a vikings fan. Fudgepackers blow ( i cant beleive some analysts think their superbowl bound) lol lol. Those dang inbread hicks!!!!!!!!!!!

Haneef87
12-08-2004, 07:40 PM
Mcnabbs good and all, but to say Culpepper is not as good is just Plain HATIN. Mcnabb has a defense, great coaches, good o line(always did) special teams, has backs like the vikings do(westbrook buckhalter, formerly staley and a good tight end n Chad Lewis and now Terell Owens. I mean having a defense takes alot of pressure off a qb because he knows he doesnt have to be 100% to win the game, his defense will even be able to stop Chad Hutchinson & the Bears( No offense to the vikings defense, I have faith in u guys!!!!) but my point is that Culpepper is maturing so much and he does deserve respect as an elite qb

VKG4LFE
12-08-2004, 07:47 PM
I agree. McNabb has done a great job. Stats wise Daunte is better, but it comes down to winning and losing. All the credit goes to QBs when teams win or lose. I have never heard an announcer say "There's Jonathan Ogden, he's 66-48 as a starter."

Haneef87
12-08-2004, 07:53 PM
TRUE MAN, that is so ture. The REAL HEROES OF THE GAME are the linemen. No Doubt about that. Culpepper got sacked like 35 times this year, manning like 7 and look at how mannings doing

VKG4LFE
12-08-2004, 07:56 PM
Well, some of cpeps sacks have come from him scrambling and moving around, but he still would have between 25 and 30 sacks. Our O line isn't doing that bad, considering the same starting unit has started together more than once (just guessing).

VikingsTw
12-08-2004, 08:53 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

Well, some of cpeps sacks have come from him scrambling and moving around, but he still would have between 25 and 30 sacks. Our O line isn't doing that bad, considering the same starting unit has started together more than once (just guessing).

I have to disagree, culpepper has aluded so many sacks by scrambling its crazy. Our Oline is porus at pass blocking this year, plain and simple. I think alot of it has to do with a injured birk and klien out for the season. If Ferotte was QB you would be looking at more like 50 sacks. Its been rediculous. Then again maybe not 50 cause Gus gets rid of the ball fast than Pepp.

muchluv4smoot
12-08-2004, 08:57 PM
One thing I have noticed in daunte this year, is that he seems like he is starting to figure out how to be a leader. His leadership skills have grown a ton since last year. This is something the daunte bashers were harping on last year, but have not given him credit for this year.

VikingsTw
12-08-2004, 09:04 PM
Yeah i was a mini daunte basher at the most, i always worried about his come back ability (leadership). He has pretty much answered my question this year. But i have never chanted for the back up to come in and play for daunte. Every QB has growing pains, but its worth it in the end. One thing i admire Tice for is sticking with Pepp, giving him his confidence and making him the MAN.

PhxFan
12-08-2004, 09:12 PM
McNabb is having a very good year, but remember last year, they were gonna throw him to the dogs. Unfortunately, things are clicking on all cylinders in Philly...unlike Minnesota. Daunte is a great QB, his stats this season alone confirm that, he just needs some help...I think we all get frustrated with mistakes, but if the game was perfect it wouldn't be much fun...I think http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/ernaehrung/food-smiley-015.gif

T-Bone
12-08-2004, 09:29 PM
Daunte is finally comfortable with the offense. Couple years ago he would try to force the ball where it couldn't go, now he seems more willing to throw it away or take the sack. We have been behind in the games lately so he has to try and force a play more often. If our secondary would step up, I bet his sacks would be cut in half.

snowinapril
12-08-2004, 11:19 PM
All I can say is 70% completion. He has thrown to plenty of so called average receivers this year, especially since Moss has not been 100% for so long.

He is the real deal. I think DC has gotten the respect he deserves, but like someone else also said, the more you win the more you get talked about.

If a QB has a bad game here or there that is acceptable.

McNabb has had bad games, one was a loss and the others, they were still forutnate enough to win.

Oh and Tom Brady is such a great QB. We don't hear as much about him now that we are further away from the SB and the shine has worn off and there are better playing QBs out there right now.

Look at the numbers and do not listen to the propaganda from the media which is biased by Wins and Losses. The Stats don't lie.

Look at the stats and it show Manning is the best QB this year. Those numbers do not lie. Look at who is right there next to him and it will be none other than DC. But you look a little further and you also see McNabb.

To be honest, McNabb is having a great year also. He is 2 TDs behind DC and has a slightly better Passer Rating. He also has less INTs = 5 to DCs 10.

The thing I find disappointing is that DC had so much potential for this season being his defining season by coming out on top. Manning and DC were neck and neck with the TDs and then Moss got hurt and Manning caught on fire so that was that.

Manning Farve and Plummer are the only QBs to have been sacked 10 or less times. Where would they be if they were sacked 36 times.

It is all good.

Just think what DC could do in a timing pattern offense. 1,2,3,4 and throw it to this spot let your rcvr run under the ball.

sandviking
12-09-2004, 01:29 AM
Culpepper is an outstanding QB. Even with Moss out, he still found his other receivers to make the plays. He has improved in looking at his 2nd, 3rd, and 4th reads. He is making better decisions on throwing it away, running, or taking the sack if he can't find the open man. He has much better field presence and is the true leader of the team this year. It doesn't hurt that he has a cannon for an arm, either!

casper
12-09-2004, 01:39 AM
I am one for letting Culpepper call the shots and Tice to coach the team, sh!t the Vikes have a QB that can run throw AND DANCE what up folks not a fran the man yet but give him some time Dammmmm

Eyesore
12-09-2004, 03:59 AM
Dawn-tay,

nice to see you can signal "false start". Keep practicing. :rr:

Freya
12-09-2004, 05:55 AM
"casper" wrote:

I am one for letting Culpepper call the shots and Tice to coach the team, sh!t the Vikes have a QB that can run throw AND DANCE what up folks not a fran the man yet but give him some time Dammmmm

Agreed! On all counts.

BigDaddy
12-09-2004, 09:36 AM
I'll just say this about Culpepper. As a Bear fan, I always thought all this crap about him being so big and strong was all hype. I paid very close attention on Sunday and I gotta say, while I don't like the guy, he is a man and a half. I don't know how many times we were in his face or on top of him only to watch him escape. At first I was pissed at our defense for letting him get away but this guy is so freakin strong it's unbelievable.

Now, with regards to his QB abilities, I think the one thing that has helped him in the past is that he's had Randy Moss to throw at. When he was in his first year as starting QB, he was given alot more credit then he should have gotten. He had Moss, Carter and Robert Smith. Anyone could look good with those three, even Shane Matthews. But this guy has matured over the last couple years and this year being without Moss will help him even more. Unfortunately for the Vikings, I think they are too dependent on Moss. He's one of the best receivers to play the game but Culpepper won't necessarily become a better QB because of that. He's having a great year so he must be doin alot of things right.

TheAnimal93
12-09-2004, 02:39 PM
"muchluv4moss" wrote:

One thing I have noticed in daunte this year, is that he seems like he is starting to figure out how to be a leader. His leadership skills have grown a ton since last year. This is something the daunte bashers were harping on last year, but have not given him credit for this year.
i was definitely one of the bashers last year or so. his skills are amazing. his mental preparation from then to now is 100% improvement. and that may have something to do with moss being out, not being able to be in DC's ear......."they cant stop me, GOLLY!!!!". this forcing DC to make the decision to LOOK for the open receiver instead of chucking up to moss and hoping for the best. i have watched him in the past give up a sure 15yd. completion to sasser to chuck it to moss and what happened? INT.
so some people for a reason bash him, not because they dont think he CAN do it, its because he was not doing what he is supposed to. and for the record he is still not all the way there....he HAS been doing an amazing job with all the line in disarray but the leadership role he still needs to work on....and again not saying he cant...........rome wasnt built in a day, and neither are nfl QB's......some progress faster than others.

XTAP59
12-09-2004, 02:44 PM
"Haneef87" wrote:

I.. I just cant beleive there are such things as Daunte Bashers out there. How can you criticize this guy, I mean he throws bad passes like every other qb and is fumble prone, but he can make up for it with his magnificent strength and rocket arm. I mean this guy will be the real deal. If ppl arent satisfied of what they seen, I really dont know what it takes to be an Elite NFl Qb..

Daunte Bashers... NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 :roll:

Am I a Daunte basher? I don't think so. However, I do think he fumbles entirely to much. Isn't he the leader in fumbles for any position for fumbles per game? I wish he would have been given a QB coach to help him avoid some of those fumbles, and some costly interceptions as well. But, as long as Red is the owner, that will not happen.

ultravikingfan
12-09-2004, 02:53 PM
Daunte has matured so well over the past few years. He is poise to lead this team to the trophy. One thing that I would like to see him, and the coachs, do better is getting the plays off. Now, I am not solely blaming Daunte, but how many timeouts have we wasted early in the 1st and 3rd qts. by not getting the play off? A+ for C-pep!

vikes09
12-09-2004, 05:12 PM
mcnabb has a d which takes off a ton of pressure. culp is an amazing quaterback (especially in the eagles game) where he shrugged of a 300 pd. lineman i dont know how many times :shock: . cp is great and i cant wait 2 see what he does in the future. :cheers:

go vikes !!!:salute:

T-Bone
12-10-2004, 02:30 PM
One thing about Pep that drives me nuts is how after every penalty he walks around pointing at the other team as if to tell us it's on the defense...but most of the time its against us. I know his college grades weren't as high as, oh I don't know...Alonzo Spellman, but he honestly can't think that he is going to change the refs mind?

mvikes84
12-17-2004, 10:29 PM
Culpepper has 37 sacks because he takes too long to read the defense. Ferrotte reads and gets rid of the ball much faster.

scorptile
12-17-2004, 11:47 PM
pepp is a good QB..but then again so is vick, mcnabb, rothlesburger, brady, there are so many out there. but what seperates the good from the great is vision. this is evident with the likes of manning, rothlesburger, and brady...mcnabb has owens and doesnt need vision to pick apart a blitz...pepp needs to learn this and start reading defenses and not worry about how good his O line really is...if you are given 3 seconds to throw the ball you take a 3 step drop then throw...dont hesitate. this is how tom brady does it...but when pepp hesitates it hurts that offense...

VikingsTw
12-17-2004, 11:50 PM
"scorptile" wrote:

pepp is a good QB..but then again so is vick, mcnabb, rothlesburger, brady, there are so many out there. but what seperates the good from the great is vision. this is evident with the likes of manning, rothlesburger, and brady...mcnabb has owens and doesnt need vision to pick apart a blitz...pepp needs to learn this and start reading defenses and not worry about how good his O line really is...if you are given 3 seconds to throw the ball you take a 3 step drop then throw...dont hesitate. this is how tom brady does it...but when pepp hesitates it hurts that offense...

WORD!