PDA

View Full Version : Gramatica Picked up by Colts

KansasStateViking
12-08-2004, 03:45 PM
Going to do kickoffs only. :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

84>TO
12-08-2004, 04:50 PM
What is Mike Tice doing when he's not watching his team lose to the lowly Bears? The Vikings kicking game smells and a veteran former Pro Bowler comes on the market after a recent string of bad luck, and we let him go to the Colts, who already have the best kicker in the game. Jeesh.

cajunvike
12-08-2004, 04:51 PM
Pretty stupid non-move by the Vikes front office!

snowinapril
12-08-2004, 04:55 PM
What did you expect, that he would make his

Cortez
Elling
Conway
Andersen
Cortez

6th kicker movement of the year.

How do you do that without being an idiot?

Either way it looks like he made a mistake. It is a lose lose situation for Tice.

84>TO
12-08-2004, 04:56 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:

What did you expect, that he would make his

Cortez
Elling
Conway
Andersen
Cortez

6th kicker movement of the year.

How do you do that without being an idiot?

Either way it looks like he made a mistake. It is a lose lose situation for Tice.

You are right, but if you are going to lose either way, why not at least make the one that will improve the team?

snowinapril
12-08-2004, 04:58 PM
Why spend more money and lose your job.

Either way Tice will probably lose his job.

I am with you on this I wanted Gramatica.

cajunvike
12-08-2004, 05:11 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:

Why spend more money and lose your job.

Either way Tice will probably lose his job.

I am with you on this I wanted Gramatica.

Not his money...might as well spend it...The Tightwad sure won't spend it on defensive FAs!

VKG4LFE
12-08-2004, 05:57 PM
We had, what a week to sign him and they do nothing. Yeah, I guess consistent kickoffs to the 10, 15, 20 are good enough. Our D is good enough to stop most offenses on a short field. Oh, except for the bears of course!

muchluv4smoot
12-08-2004, 09:01 PM
We are obviously gonna need to find a kicker int he offseason, so why did we not try to fill that hole with gramatica? It would have been a smart move. We would have finally gotten a guy who can kick it deep on kickoffs and also someone who can at least get a 45-50 yard field goal attempt, to the damn goal posts! I am sick of always having an old weak legged kicker on our team! Man we should have offered a bigger contract to edinger a few years back. We had the money and would have been able to offer enough, so that the bears wouldn't have been able to match the offer, under the cap.

T-Bone
12-08-2004, 09:32 PM
I agree we need a kicker as bad as the Packer fans need a breath mint, but I would not want Edinger. His ballerina style may be a good fit in Chicago, but I prefer my football players men.

hawaiianvike21
12-09-2004, 03:03 AM
He may have some kind of stupid ballerina type kick but at least he makes his kicks constantly and can hit from long range.

whackthepack
12-09-2004, 08:25 AM
At least we could have brought him in for a look, and seen how he did on kickoffs and it would have goven us an option for long field-goals.