PDA

View Full Version : What do we need most

RK.
12-08-2004, 02:43 PM
What do the Vikings need most?

Its wet cold and storming here and I just don't feel like working in the shop if you are wondering why I am posting so much today. :D

GreenBaySlackers
12-08-2004, 02:45 PM
A new owner, all the rest wil follow.

purplehorn
12-08-2004, 03:06 PM
To win out the season be 11-5 and quell the nay sayers. Oh ya and a 12 pack

TheAnimal93
12-08-2004, 03:21 PM
all of the above!!!!! and a super bowl win in the ol stocking!!!!

Vikes
12-08-2004, 03:37 PM
"RK" wrote:

What do the Vikings need most?

Its wet cold and storming here and I just don't feel like working in the shop if you are wondering why I am posting so much today. :D

DEFENSE and a new head coach!

84>TO
12-08-2004, 04:55 PM
This team would be up with Philly, New England and maybe Pittsburgh if it had a top 15 defence. Unforunately, our DBs and LBs suck. We should make the playoffs this year but improving our defence this offseason is critical. Until then, just hope we can out score our opponents every game from now until January.

VKG4LFE
12-08-2004, 06:01 PM
Antrell Rolle!

TheAnimal93
12-08-2004, 07:07 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

Antrell Rolle!
did you watch kiper jr on espn? that guy is a beast!!! wouldnt that be sweet? how fast is this guy?

VKG4LFE
12-08-2004, 07:14 PM
I don't know, but he is awesome. I wouldn't mind risking a pick on a Miami corner either. (Reed and Taylor (wash.) hail from there)

cajunvike
12-08-2004, 07:20 PM
Doubt if he is still on the board when we draft (unless the total collapse predicted by the naysayers on the board comes to pass...God forbid). I also would love the Vikes to get a shutdown corner to team up with AW...can you imagine the number of coverage sacks the DL would accumulate next year!

VKG4LFE
12-08-2004, 07:30 PM
Yeah, he will most likely be gone in the top 10 maybe 15, but with such a weak draft class this year he'll be gone pretty high. Just wishful thinking, but you never know, maybe he'll fire up a big doobie right before the draft and fall to us like Mr. Moss did!!

RK.
12-08-2004, 07:46 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

Yeah, he will most likely be gone in the top 10 maybe 15, but with such a weak draft class this year he'll be gone pretty high. Just wishful thinking, but you never know, maybe he'll fire up a big doobie right before the draft and fall to us like Mr. Moss did!!
Well that might not be too far off the mark.
http://www.fanblogs.com/acc/archives/001091.php

VKG4LFE
12-08-2004, 07:47 PM
Wow, what a coincidence!!

SKOL
12-08-2004, 07:53 PM
You're right slackers, a new owner is the key. Any decent owner would have spent UP TO the salary cap this year which could have brought in another defensive play maker. As it is Red played it cheap and settled for mediocrity.

muchluv4smoot
12-08-2004, 08:11 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

Antrell rolle will definitely be a top 10 and more likely a top 5 pick in the next draft. So, unless we get a 1st round pick for bennett in the offseason, and use it to trade up, we don't have a real shot at the guy. But how knows, I was also saying no way we would be able to get udeze in the last draft. Things happen to make guys fall down the draft boards like injury concerns or character concerns(which seems very possible for rolle).

I would also like to get derrick johnson. He is a stud LB and even though we already have a lot of young guys at LB, he would definitely start for us next year. But he also looks to be a top 10 pick as well.

I hope we look for an upgrade at safety. Ed Reed was drafted later in the 1st round, can't remember exactly when without looking it up, but I believe somewhere around 18-20. That is exactly what we need on our D, a playmaking safety.

Now to answer the question in the poll: we need a new owner, a new coach, and a stud safety to be a legit super bowl contender next year IMO.

VKG4LFE
12-08-2004, 08:12 PM
Where is Derrick Johnson from? Also, I thought Ed Reed went higher than that, but you are probably correct. I think he came out with a pretty good draft class.

muchluv4smoot
12-08-2004, 08:14 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

Where is Derrick Johnson from? Also, I thought Ed Reed went higher than that, but you are probably correct. I think he came out with a pretty good draft class.

Texas is where johnson is from, he is a stud. I could be wrong about ed reed, but I don't think he was a very high pick. I will look it up to be sure.

VKG4LFE
12-08-2004, 08:14 PM
Thanks.

muchluv4smoot
12-08-2004, 08:15 PM
"muchluv4moss" wrote:

"VKG4LFE" wrote:

Texas is where johnson is from, he is a stud. I could be wrong about ed reed, but I don't think he was a very high pick. I will look it up to be sure.

Ed reed was actually the 26th pick to be exact.

VKG4LFE
12-08-2004, 08:18 PM
Wow, who did he come in with? I remember him in college and he was a beast. I remember when Miami was down to BC late in a game (during their national title game runs Coker's first couple of years) and Reed just ripped the ball out of a TE's hands or something and took it back to the house for the comeback W. (At least I think that was Ed Reed)

muchluv4smoot
12-08-2004, 08:24 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

Wow, who did he come in with? I remember him in college and he was a beast. I remember when Miami was down to BC late in a game (during their national title game runs Coker's first couple of years) and Reed just ripped the ball out of a TE's hands or something and took it back to the house for the comeback W. (At least I think that was Ed Reed)

Yep, that sure was ed reed. Here is the 1st round that year:1
David Carr
Texans
QB
Fresno State

Julius Peppers
Panthers
DE
North Carolina

Joey Harrington
Lions
QB
Oregon

Mike Williams
Bills
T
Texas

Quentin Jammer
Chargers
DB
Texas

Ryan Sims
Chiefs
DT
North Carolina

Bryant McKinnie
Vikings
T
Miami (FL)

Roy Williams
Cowboys
DB
Oklahoma

John Henderson
Jaguars
DT
Tennessee

Levi Jones
Bengals
T
Arizona State

Dwight Freeney
Colts
DE
Syracuse

Wendell Bryant
Cardinals
DT
Wisconsin

Donte Stallworth
Saints
WR
Tennessee

Jeremy Shockey
Giants
TE
Miami (FL)

Albert Haynesworth
Titans
DT
Tennessee

William Green
Browns
RB
Boston College

Phillip Buchanon
Raiders
DB
Miami (FL)

T.J. Duckett
Falcons
RB
Michigan State

Ashley Lelie
Broncos
WR
Hawaii

Javon Walker
Packers
WR
Florida State

Dan Graham
Patriots
TE
Colorado

Bryan Thomas
Jets
DE
UAB

Napoleon Harris
Raiders
LB
Northwestern

Edward Reed
Ravens
DB
Miami (FL)

Charles Grant
Saints
DE
Georgia

Lito Sheppard
Eagles
DB
Florida

Mike Rumph
49ers
DB
Miami (FL)

Jerramy Stevens
Seahawks
TE
Washington

Marc Colombo
Bears
T
Boston College

Kendall Simmons
Steelers
G
Auburn

Robert Thomas
Rams
LB
UCLA

Patrick Ramsey
Redskins
QB
Tulane

VKG4LFE
12-08-2004, 08:27 PM
The scary thing is that the 'canes had 3 DBs go in the first 24 picks Reed, buchanon and Rumph! Wow what a defensive backfield! That's a pretty good draft class too!

cajunvike
12-08-2004, 08:29 PM
It was because he was a safety that he went so low...everybody wanted corners that year, so the safety position slipped down alot. But most of those guys above him are not bad players (well, maybe Harrington), so teams must have been drafting for need (except the Vikes, who forgot to grab Sims when they had the chance...although that forced them to draft KWill the next year, who I think is way better than Sims).

VKG4LFE
12-08-2004, 08:30 PM
Yeah, what has Sims really done in his couple of years? I haven't heard much about him.

muchluv4smoot
12-08-2004, 08:34 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

Yeah, what has Sims really done in his couple of years? I haven't heard much about him.

Sims sucks, so that seemed to work out for the best, as did us not getting the guy we really wanted in the next draft, dwayne robertson. Kevin williams is much better than robertson too.

VKG4LFE
12-08-2004, 08:35 PM
Oh yeah I forgot about Robertson!!

muchluv4smoot
12-08-2004, 08:36 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

I think it is very clear that sims benifited from playing on the same line as peppers, in college.

VKG4LFE
12-08-2004, 08:37 PM
Yeah no kidding!

VKG4LFE
12-08-2004, 08:39 PM
Sims career stats:

33 games 58 tackles, 52 solo, 2 passes defended, 4 sacks, 1 ff, and 1 int.

casper
12-09-2004, 01:51 AM
Shoot :scratch: I was hoping for the wine women and dance option or whole bunch of kegs and lets get the party started option :shaking: but then I guess it wouldn't be the Purple Pride Org. Board :headbang: so I guess I'll have to say we need the team to pull together and work as one then when we take the NFC championship 8) we can go for the other options :wink:

hawaiianvike21
12-09-2004, 02:55 AM
I dont know, their all hard to pick. Ill give it a four way tie with new coach, new defense, new stadium and new owner.