PDA

View Full Version : Shiancoe, bust or not?



vikingivan
12-23-2007, 10:40 PM
I am thinking that for what he is being paid he has been a total bust.
Between his numerous dropped passes and his fumble tonight it is obvious that we paid entirely to much for that guy.

acman1
12-23-2007, 10:46 PM
i can't express how much i dislike him...

marshallvike
12-23-2007, 11:02 PM
stone hands.

singersp
12-23-2007, 11:04 PM
He had a fumble. How many pases did he drop tonight compared to what he caught..............


......................anyone?


**heres crickets**

PurpleHornsOfDestruction
12-23-2007, 11:08 PM
"singersp" wrote:


He had a fumble. How many pases did he drop tonight compared to what he caught..............


......................anyone?


**hears crickets**


I agree he isn't a total bust. He's decent. Hes good. I like him. It's only Jackson on this team I have a problem with.

DaVizzles
12-23-2007, 11:13 PM
No shit he is a bust. He has sucked ass all season and he always seems to fuck up in clutch situations.

vikesfargo
12-23-2007, 11:15 PM
I would be very surprised if Shiancoe is back next season.

vikingivan
12-23-2007, 11:16 PM
"singersp" wrote:


He had a fumble. How many pases did he drop tonight compared to what he caught..............


......................anyone?


**heres crickets**


I guess I should have been more specific.
His drops this season, and his fumble tonight.

marshallvike
12-23-2007, 11:16 PM
"DaVizzles" wrote:


No pooh he is a bust. He has sucked jiggly butt all season and he always seems to floop up in clutch situations.


he does seem to poop in the clutch.

Jereamiah
12-23-2007, 11:17 PM
Ya know, The 'Vikes had a pass catching te in Boston Rob. Why was he cut. Between Shankhole and Jackson, we were down but good. I feel skankhole is a bust. Caught the ball non-chalante and then had it knocked out of his not-so-grasping hands. Man. I ....that.. nevermind.

spunk_goblin
12-23-2007, 11:23 PM
Don't know how much of the blame is entirely Shiancoe's though. Having a decent QB would help the guy out a little

singersp
12-23-2007, 11:27 PM
"vikingivan" wrote:


I am thinking that for what he is being paid he has been a total bust.
Between his numerous dropped passes and his fumble tonight it is obvious that we paid entirely to much for that guy.

Outside that fumble, I don't think he has even dropped a pass tonight.

IMO, a player is either a bust or he isn't. What he gets paid has nothing to do with it.

What I smell here is someone looking for someone to blame for tonights loss.

T-Will has caught everything thrown his way except for the one that was bounced to him, so you're looking for another player other than T_Jack to blame.

Show me some dropped passes numbers & you'll have something you can present that's credible.

purplepowered
12-23-2007, 11:28 PM
I remeber the KC game and he got screwed on that TD so no I dont say he was a bust! He showed alot of promise

gregair13
12-23-2007, 11:30 PM
you do not pay that kind of money to a stupid TE if you just plan to let him block. that money goes to a TE who can actually catch the ball. this one cannot. get rid of him now

vikingivan
12-23-2007, 11:31 PM
"gregair13" wrote:


you do not pay that kind of money to a stupid TE if you just plan to let him block. that money goes to a TE who can actually catch the ball. this one cannot. get rid of him now


Good point!!

singersp
12-23-2007, 11:32 PM
"gregair13" wrote:


you do not pay that kind of money to a stupid TE if you just plan to let him block. that money goes to a TE who can actually catch the ball. this one cannot. get rid of him now


Again, throw out some stats. People are just grabbing these "tons of dropped passes" out of their asses.

Jereamiah
12-23-2007, 11:34 PM
"singersp" wrote:


"vikingivan" wrote:


I am thinking that for what he is being paid he has been a total bust.
Between his numerous dropped passes and his fumble tonight it is obvious that we paid entirely to much for that guy.

Outside that fumble, I don't think he has even dropped a pass tonight.

IMO, a player is either a bust or he isn't. What he gets paid has nothing to do with it.

What I smell here is someone looking for someone to blame for tonights loss.

T-Will has caught everything thrown his way except for the one that was bounced to him, so you're looking for another player other than T_Jack to blame.

Show me some dropped passes numbers & you'll have something you can present that's credible.
Yah kinda,.. But when that ball hit the ground, it was all over. The guy was a backup in ny for a reason. WE had a great pass catching te. Led the 'vikes in catches ... all that....blahblahblah. Man i'm pissed.

gregair13
12-23-2007, 11:37 PM
i never said he dropped balls. i said he is not used in the offensive enough. that is a shot at the coaches and team mroe so than him

olson_10
12-23-2007, 11:37 PM
shiancoe doesnt block anywhere close to as well as kleinsasser, and he hasnt done anything close to "stretching the field" which we signed him in order to do

singersp
12-23-2007, 11:45 PM
"gregair13" wrote:


i never said he dropped balls. i said he is not used in the offensive enough. that is a shot at the coaches and team mroe so than him


The following highlighted part of your quote tells me you don't think he can catch the ball & drops passes.

"gregair13" wrote:


you do not pay that kind of money to a stupid TE if you just plan to let him block. that money goes to a TE who can actually catch the ball. this one cannot. get rid of him now

gregair13
12-23-2007, 11:50 PM
i am saying that he isnt a pass catching TE. he is no gates.
and if he can catch, which i have no idea because he does not see the ball enough, then we need to use him to his potential. shelling out that kind of money for a TE that just blocks seems like a waste to me

singersp
12-23-2007, 11:53 PM
"gregair13" wrote:


i am saying that he isnt a pass catching TE. he is no gates.
and if he can catch, which i have no idea because he does not see the ball enough, then we need to use him to his potential. shelling out that kind of money for a TE that just blocks seems like a waste to me


Well that doesn't make him a bust if they don't use him. Nor should he be blamed for it. They did the same thing with Wiggins last year by not using him.

So if you want someone to blame for his lack of involvement in the game, blame the coaches.

gregair13
12-24-2007, 12:04 AM
i did blame the coaches. thats my point.
why sign the guy if you do not plan to use him the way he should be used

Purple Floyd
12-24-2007, 09:05 AM
How many times has he gotten past the 8 in the box and made the defense pay for stacking the line by beating them with a catch and run? If he is not able to do this to help out the QB then he is a bust. He is not kept in on every play to block and even if he was, a good TE can chip a defender and then release into the flat to give the QB a target and I see nothing like that from him. Hell, even Sasser had a nice reception that moved the chains.

singersp
12-24-2007, 09:14 AM
"UffDaVikes" wrote:


How many times has he gotten past the 8 in the box and made the defense pay for stacking the line by beating them with a catch and run? If he is not able to do this to help out the QB then he is a bust. He is not kept in on every play to block and even if he was, a good TE can chip a defender and then release into the flat to give the QB a target and I see nothing like that from him. Hell, even Sasser had a nice reception that moved the chains.

Jimmy K had a nice reception that scored us 6 points.
;)

If you go back in several old posts of mine, you will see me calling for that play. It was long overdue IMO.

Back when Culpepper was here, he'd hit Klienny in the endzone for a TD. He'd make his block, head into the endzone, turn & boom! 6 points.

Marrdro
12-24-2007, 10:03 AM
"vikesfargo" wrote:


I would be very surprised if Shiancoe is back next season.

I just love post like this that have so much thought put into them.
You left me hanging on a couple of issues you didn't completely elaborate on............Why?

Maybe he will still be here because.........

We are a run oriented team that see's alot of defenses designed to stop the run.
To run effectively against those types of schemes you need not only a good OL that can RB but a FB and TE's that can block as well.

Our offense, when it does try to pass will rely on quick slants to the WR's, RB's and then the TE's and they are normally in a pass protection mode based on what the Defenses are doing to stop the run.

Why would we get rid of a guy we just signed to a contract?
Would that be fiscallys stupid?

Long story short, if we had a decent passing attack to go along with our running attack we would see our TE's used more in the passing scheme than we do now as they are mostly trying to protect the QB.

I look for Shank to have an increased role next year after we get our passing attack fixed (i.e. a new QB or at least the one we got fixed).

PurpleTide
12-24-2007, 10:15 AM
Shiancoe will be OK, it's a team game and we started out a little over amped last night. Tarvaris has got to settle down and stop forcing things that aren't there. Shiancoe will be decent and is a Upgrade over Wiggins. Everybodies emotions are a little raw, as it hurts when we lose, so let's let this team regroup and get after Denver next week.

PackSux!
12-24-2007, 10:51 AM
"Jereamiah" wrote:


"singersp" wrote:


"vikingivan" wrote:


I am thinking that for what he is being paid he has been a total bust.
Between his numerous dropped passes and his fumble tonight it is obvious that we paid entirely to much for that guy.

Outside that fumble, I don't think he has even dropped a pass tonight.

IMO, a player is either a bust or he isn't. What he gets paid has nothing to do with it.

What I smell here is someone looking for someone to blame for tonights loss.

T-Will has caught everything thrown his way except for the one that was bounced to him, so you're looking for another player other than T_Jack to blame.

Show me some dropped passes numbers & you'll have something you can present that's credible.
Yah kinda,.. But when that ball hit the ground, it was all over. The guy was a backup in ny for a reason. WE had a great pass catching te. Led the 'vikes in catches ... all that....blahblahblah. Man i'm pissed.


And the reason was jeremy Shockey and no other reason.