PDA

View Full Version : Al Michaels and John Madden: the worst commentators ever?

vikesfargo
12-23-2007, 09:55 PM
Listening to Al Michaels fawn over Joe Gibbs and John Madden lecture the Vikings (8-6) about not playing like the Patriots (15-0) today, and leave no doubt as to the total futility of the Vikings attempting to play tackle football quite frankly makes me retch.

I never would have believed that East Coast sports bias could be this bad, until this bloviating, putrid mess NBC is currently spewing forth. There's no question of which side these fools are on--it's not ours, or that of fairness. Can it get worse? Can it get better? It seems the answer is not worth pondering.

acman1
12-23-2007, 11:01 PM
i have it on mute, i have sirius so i listen to paul allen, even though they are on a slight delay, its still better than those 2...

mr.woo
12-23-2007, 11:05 PM
i would like to vote for joe theismann

vikesfargo
12-23-2007, 11:16 PM
"mr.woo" wrote:

i would like to vote for joe theismann

Added.

gregair13
12-23-2007, 11:31 PM
brian gummble is horrible too

i voted for joe buck because of the call on moss against the packers with the mooning.

and al and john are horrible. they dont really talk about anything. urg

JWG
12-24-2007, 12:18 AM
How long did it take Madden to mention Favre today?

Tough choice between Madden and Theismann.

ultravikingfan
12-24-2007, 12:22 AM
I like Al.

TheAnimal93
12-24-2007, 01:07 AM
I think Ultra is the worst commentator ever, IMO!!! HA! lol

Frostbite
12-24-2007, 01:09 AM
Dick Enberg makes Madden Look like a GOD.

Cheers!

ultravikingfan
12-24-2007, 01:17 AM
"TheAnimal93" wrote:

If it was me tonight, it would be one long "bleep".

PurpleHornsOfDestruction
12-24-2007, 01:22 AM
My vote is for Tony Kornuizer. God is he annoying or what. Makes the most asinine comments that always shows how little he really knows

TheAnimal93
12-24-2007, 01:24 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"TheAnimal93" wrote:

If it was me tonight, it would be one long "bleep".

I hear ya old friend! Fricking a bunch of bleeps with a couple of mothers, son of a's, and "I cannot believe that...bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeping idiot.

Texanvike
12-24-2007, 01:39 AM
Quit hating on John Madden.

michaelmazid
12-24-2007, 02:39 AM
Jhon Madden is a legend and it seems like he is not senile anymore.

I like al and jhon. I just hate our sucky QB

Nooks
12-24-2007, 02:40 AM
Dennis Miller was the worst ever!
Close second was Boomer. But now...I cant stand Madden and Collinsworth-less!!!!

vikes2456
12-24-2007, 02:42 AM
I always liked John

Schutz
12-24-2007, 04:30 AM
Really guys, there are people who'd rather listen to Joe freakin Buck instead of John Madden?

DeathtoDenny
12-24-2007, 05:33 AM
"You can't have holding after the play, so it must have been during the play."
That was so stupid I can't remember which one said it, but I have a hunch...

singersp
12-24-2007, 08:10 AM
Actually, last night was one of the damn few times I didn't mind listening to Madden.

Maybe it was because I never heard him mention "Bret Favre".
:P

He picked up on a few key things, that had our coaches done so & made the adjustments, we could have made it a good game.

Mr Anderson
12-24-2007, 08:18 AM
I really like the Madden-Michaels combination.

I think they're both pretty knowledgeable, Michaels is of course extremely well spoken... Madden not so much, but he knows his stuff.

Marrdro
12-24-2007, 08:41 AM
Although I am not a huge Madden fan anymore I did like him back in the day.
As to how they called the game last night, it did appear they had a favorite and were happy the Skins won, however they didn't do anything that was really bad.

I would have liked for them to (Madden did to a point) point out that when the QB has DL hanging on him his mechanics will be bad and point out that when he has a pocket the QB can throw with some pretty damn good accuracy.

I would have liked for Madden to get it right with respect to his point on recievers and how much room them need to give the QB.
Although he was correct in his assesment, he was flat assed wrong on what he was seeing on the field.
On both instances the passes were thrown on timed routes and were in the air long before the reciever ever had time to give the QB a cushion.
Both of those gaffs were on TJ not the recievers.

I would have liked for Madden to point out how well the Skins OL was picking up our Blitz packages allowing thier QB to make throws.
He kept praising the QB when in fact alot of credit should have gone to the protection provided.
Hell we saw what TJ could do when given time.
Same applies to Collins or any QB for that matter.

I would have liked for Madded to point out (he did to a point) how bad Sharper got burned on the TE TD as he did when he harped on McCauleys gaff when he bit on the RB option.
It would have been nice if he would have explained how a rookie will fall for those things and how a Vet like Sharp shouldn't especially after he talked so much crap about not getting scored on by TE's.

Stop Marrdro, you are starting to rant again.......... :o

Sorry guys/gals.
I know I said I would understand if we lost but for some damn reason I don't.
Let me go find that thread and the one some yutz started about the Bronco's game a week early.

Stop Marrdro, your are restarting your rant........ :o

BadlandsVikings
12-24-2007, 12:11 PM
I like Madden except for his Farve worship.

MaxVike
12-24-2007, 12:20 PM
I like Madden; although he tends to overuse some points...like, I didn't think the 'Skins "wore the Williams brother down."
That comment was a vile and disgusting act.

I miss Lindsey Nelson...God rest his soul.