PDA

View Full Version : Pro Bowl thank-yous to cost Peterson



COJOMAY
12-21-2007, 02:42 AM
http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/12683912.html
Adrian Peterson has attempted to spread the credit around to other members of the Vikings offense when discussing his success this season. On Thursday, the rookie running back proved these words aren't just lip service.

Peterson said he plans to take upward of a dozen offensive teammates with him to the Pro Bowl in Honolulu this February...

ultravikingfan
12-21-2007, 08:37 AM
That's good to hear that nothing has gone to his head and that he appreciates/realizes it is a team effort.

Marrdro
12-21-2007, 09:12 AM
He continues to impress.
Here's to a long career as a MN Viking AD.
;D

BadlandsVikings
12-21-2007, 09:16 PM
It's cool to see that are still pro athletes out there that aren't slefish and arrogant.

MaxVike
12-21-2007, 09:24 PM
"COJOMAY" wrote:


http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/12683912.html
Adrian Peterson has attempted to spread the credit around to other members of the Vikings offense when discussing his success this season. On Thursday, the rookie running back proved these words aren't just lip service.

Peterson said he plans to take upward of a dozen offensive teammates with him to the Pro Bowl in Honolulu this February...


Clearly, the young man gets it.
It's often been said by his former teammates and coaches that 'Adrian simply wants to be a good teammate.'
He continues to prove it...gee, isn't it nice to read this rather than the stupid boat incident?
Or, Smoot talking crap about Chad Johnson or Steve Smith?
This could have played for Bud, he's going to be an all-timer.

happy camper
12-21-2007, 09:58 PM
Very impressive.

He should also take out some of the receivers to dinner, those guys have made some key blocks as well.

purplepowered
12-21-2007, 10:52 PM
"happy" wrote:


Very impressive.

He should also take out some of the receivers to dinner, those guys have made some key blocks as well.
NOW that has the wors I have been waiting to see Thanks Alot that is the truth because they have made KEY BLOCKS TOO!

marstc09
12-21-2007, 10:58 PM
Now if only Randy was a team player. 8)

Vikes_King
12-21-2007, 11:08 PM
"BadlandsViking" wrote:


It's cool to see that are still pro athletes out there that aren't slefish and arrogant.


Exactly what I was thinking.
Peterson is not only an extraordinary athlete, but he never let it go to his head.. he's a very modest man.
He knows he's good, but when he talks about being good, he does it in a joking way, and just sets the bar high for himself.

Given the circumstances in Oklahoma, he could be a completely different man than he is.
He was a stud in high school and a star in college, yet he handled it all with a level head, very impressive, especially in today's world.

I'm sure all the things he experiences growing up with deaths in the family and all that, put life in a real perspective for him.
Real class guy