PDA

View Full Version : A quote from my local paper...........

poult
12-08-2004, 02:06 AM
OK, this is from the milwaukee journal sentinel.........

"While Indianapolis's Peyton Manning, Minnesota's Daunte Culpepper and others recieve strong national attention, those around Mcnabb think he continues to be slighted." then theres some other blah blah blah then.....

"Donovan doesn't get the accolades he deserves" said wide reciever Greg Lewis.

now you tell me, when did Daunte ever get the coverage Mcnabb has.....

casper
12-08-2004, 03:22 AM
"poult" wrote:

"While Indianapolis's Peyton Manning, Minnesota's Daunte Culpepper and others recieve strong national attention, those around Mcnabb think he continues to be slighted." then theres some other blah blah blah then.....

NEVER :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: The Press hate great talent if it is in a purple uniform :violent3: :evil: :evil:

TheAnimal93
12-08-2004, 07:10 AM
i dont think that the refs have forgiven vikings fans for the liquor bottle incident way back in the 70's.....at least i think that was the seventies. does anyone remember that? it looked like a jack daniels bottle that hit the ref right in the mug!!! and no one likes the cold so hence, no media coverage!

Freya
12-08-2004, 07:27 AM
Yep, we remember that one.........Minn vs Dallas.

Last play of the game ( I think) Staubach throws the long bomb to Pearson who shoves Nate Wright down to the ground from behind catches the ball and runs for a TD. No penalty was called for the offensive pass interference. The fans were outraged.
Out of the crowd from about 15 rows up came a liquor bottle that hit the ref right in the head.

Of course the commentators thought they should find out who did that and sign him up. Incredible accuracy and distance..........lol Tipped the ref right over.
The guy didn't mean to hit the ref just make a statement.

cajunvike
12-08-2004, 08:42 AM
"poult" wrote:

PUHLEESE!!! McCrab gets way TOO MUCH attention IMHO! He is not better than Pep, yet people continue to think that he is...give Pep the Philly D to rely on and watch the Vikings go undefeated!

snowinapril
12-08-2004, 08:43 AM
"poult" wrote:

Well Poult,

As far as media attention Skolpepper didn't get as much attention.

But as far as consideration for the award, up until the Indy game, I think it was a close race for MVP between him and Manning.

I think the media attention on McNabb is related to the fact that they have been the NFCs top contender the last 4 years. Three NFC champ games in a row, lost of course. But that kind of team is going to get the National Spotlight TV games. The more you and I see them on TV the more ass kissing that will be seen by you and me, the average consumer of the NFL. The media has to fill the airwaves with worthless crap no matter how sickening it gets for you and me to watch.

Now if the Vikes were in that spotlight more, it may have been DC and Moss that we would hear about in the same way we had to put up with TO and McNabb.

Personally, I find it sickening even when it is the Vikes. Remember when we had the great offensive season in 97-98. Well by the end of the season, you were seeing the same questions and similar interviews by all the stations. We were hearing the same stuff every week, over and over and over. It got sickening. At the beginning of the season, I was trying to find every interview and tidbit and by the end of the season, I would just tune into the game and kind of block all that other crap out.

Don't get me wrong I would gladly put up with it again to have a winning team.

RK.
12-08-2004, 11:04 AM
The reason that DC isn't getting lots of attention is really simple. He is playing on a team with a 7-5 record. McNabb plays on a team with an 11-1 record. Manning plays on a team with a 9-3 record and is breaking records for passing. DC maybe be a great QB but if the Vikes can't pull it together to win big games he will never get lots of attention no matter how good he is. I mean 14 pts against Chicago. Thats pathetic. We lost the first game to Green Bay. McNabb crushed them. To get the attention that he deserves DC has to have better records than 8-8 and 7-5 its that simple.

CT Viking Man
12-08-2004, 11:08 AM
Is it me or is there a segment every week on ESPN countdown regarding McNabb or McNabb and TO?

I understand they are 11-1 and keep winning but how about concentrating at least on some other teams on the rise or the heart of the deep NFC wildcard battle.

ItalianStallion
12-08-2004, 11:15 AM
I can't wait to see them lose a 4th straight NFC championship in a row.

SKOL
12-08-2004, 11:19 AM
"Freya" wrote:

Yep, we remember that one.........Minn vs Dallas.

Last play of the game ( I think) Staubach throws the long bomb to Pearson who shoves Nate Wright down to the ground from behind catches the ball and runs for a TD. No penalty was called for the offensive pass interference. The fans were outraged.

I heard just recently that Drew Pearson admitted to shoving Wright, and was surprised a penalty wasn't called.

I hate to admit it, but once I saw the ref was o.k. I was happy he got knocked silly. It dried my purple tears. :lol:

RK.
12-08-2004, 11:21 AM
I understand they are 11-1 and keep winning but how about concentrating at least on some other teams on the rise or the heart of the deep NFC wildcard battle.
I agree it would be nice to see more in depth reporting on that race. I suspect that the reason that its not getting all that much coverage is that all of the teams in that race for the wild card have all had their asses handed to them by the AFC.

The AFC championship game is likely to be a lot more interesting game than the super bowl this year. :(

SKOL
12-08-2004, 11:23 AM
I dunno RK, if Philly's in the Super Bowl it will be hyped majorly due to three NFC Championship losses in a row. Philly could make a game of it too.

RK.
12-08-2004, 12:42 PM
Well that could be true Skol except that we are going to knock them off in the NFC championship game this year. :tongue:

VKG4LFE
12-08-2004, 12:46 PM
"RK" wrote:

The reason that DC isn't getting lots of attention is really simple. He is playing on a team with a 7-5 record. McNabb plays on a team with an 11-1 record. Manning plays on a team with a 9-3 record and is breaking records for passing. DC maybe be a great QB but if the Vikes can't pull it together to win big games he will never get lots of attention no matter how good he is. I mean 14 pts against Chicago. Thats pathetic. We lost the first game to Green Bay. McNabb crushed them. To get the attention that he deserves DC has to have better records than 8-8 and 7-5 its that simple.

Did Daunte get that much attention when he started his career out 11-2 his first year starting in the pros. I don't remember. Did he even get any MVP votes. He had what 33 passing TDs, 7 rushing and only 10 picks. It's the midwest bias!

cajunvike
12-08-2004, 12:49 PM
"RK" wrote:

Chicago has a good enough defense to keep alot of teams to 14 points...and I think that Philly's defense deserves at least some of the credit for the asswhoopin' that GB got last week! Give Pep that kind of defense to shut teams down and he would look at least as good as McCrab...also no Moss factor in the first GB game.

RK.
12-08-2004, 01:17 PM
Did Daunte get that much attention when he started his career out 11-2 his first year starting in the pros. I don't remember. Did he even get any MVP votes. He had what 33 passing TDs, 7 rushing and only 10 picks. It's the midwest bias!
Oh yeah, there was lots of coverage of the DC Moss connection. Lots of comparisons to Montana, Rice etc. Its just that the last couple of years he hasn't been putting enough "W" on the stats. I don't necessarily think thats his fault either. Personally I think its poor game prep and planning by the coaches.

Chicago has a good enough defense to keep a lot of teams to 14 points
I guarantee that Manning, or even Brady would have found a way to put more than 14 pts on the board. In fact Manning put 41 pts on the board against them. Again I don't think that its all DC's fault. As I have said before I rarely blame players for losing games. Usually games are lost because the opposing team is just better or the coach's failed to have a winning game plan. I think the the Vikes are better than most of the teams we have faced and we have a 7-5 record. If we have a tough time playing on grass in the winter then the coaches should be draggin their asses outside for some practice to prepare. All I am saying is DC isn't going to get lots of press with this kind of record and probably not with this coach unless Tice steps up his game planning.

GreenBaySlackers
12-08-2004, 01:32 PM
"casper" wrote:

NEVER :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: The Press hate great talent if it is in a purple uniform :violent3: :evil: :evil:

unless its name is ed reed or ray lewis!

cajunvike
12-08-2004, 01:44 PM
"RK" wrote:

Oh yeah, there was lots of coverage of the DC Moss connection. Lots of comparisons to Montana, Rice etc. Its just that the last couple of years he hasn't been putting enough "W" on the stats. I don't necessarily think thats his fault either. Personally I think its poor game prep and planning by the coaches.

Chicago has a good enough defense to keep a lot of teams to 14 points
I guarantee that Manning, or even Brady would have found a way to put more than 14 pts on the board. In fact Manning put 41 pts on the board against them. Again I don't think that its all DC's fault. As I have said before I rarely blame players for losing games. Usually games are lost because the opposing team is just better or the coach's failed to have a winning game plan. I think the the Vikes are better than most of the teams we have faced and we have a 7-5 record. If we have a tough time playing on grass in the winter then the coaches should be draggin their asses outside for some practice to prepare. All I am saying is DC isn't going to get lots of press with this kind of record and probably not with this coach unless Tice steps up his game planning.

Bottom line is that until our defense gets much better and consistent, we will not have the kind of record that gets anyone on the Vikes any kind of press coverage!

magicci
12-08-2004, 05:53 PM
dauntes not an mvp candidate anymore, it showed the candidates and they were mcnabb,to,bress,and manning

VKG4LFE
12-08-2004, 05:59 PM
TO has played great, but the MVP is all about stats and his are nothing compared to what Rice put up his MVP year (the only WR to win the award) It's gotta go to Manning!