PDA

View Full Version : Washington game sells out

COJOMAY
12-20-2007, 04:22 PM
The Star/Tribune is reporting that the Washington game is sold out. There will be about 400 unsold tickets that will be returned from Washington that will be available but they don't count against the sellout!

jmcdon00
12-20-2007, 04:30 PM
"COJOMAY" wrote:

The Star/Tribune is reporting that the Washington game is sold out. There will be about 400 unsold tickets that will be returned from Washington that will be available but they don't count against the sellout!

Sweet, the streak continues. ;D

BloodyHorns82
12-20-2007, 04:37 PM
I really wish they would quit announcing the current sellout streak at each home game.
I find it embarassing given the reality of it.
Maybe its just me...

BadlandsVikings
12-20-2007, 04:39 PM
"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

I really wish they would quit announcing the current sellout streak at each home game.
I find it embarassing given the reality of it.
Maybe its just me...

I agree, it's a little stupid to announce it when you've needed help tp sell them out.

COJOMAY
12-20-2007, 04:56 PM
What sellout # is this? 99?

BadlandsVikings
12-20-2007, 04:59 PM
"COJOMAY" wrote:

104 with a huge *

COJOMAY
12-20-2007, 05:00 PM
Gezzz, I guess I haven't been watching the number to close, have I?

PurpleGator
12-20-2007, 06:36 PM
"COJOMAY" wrote:

So will the game be more purple then red?
::)

marstc09
12-20-2007, 06:37 PM
How come ticketmaster is still selling tickets?

NodakPaul
12-20-2007, 06:49 PM
"marstc09" wrote:

In order to be considered a "sell out", the team must sell 62,000 tickets by the deadline.
The dome holds closer to 65500.
So even though it is sold out by television standards, there are still tickets available.

marstc09
12-20-2007, 08:42 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

In order to be considered a "sell out", the team must sell 62,000 tickets by the deadline.
So even though it is sold out by television standards, there are still tickets available.

That is dumb.

NodakPaul
12-20-2007, 09:02 PM
"marstc09" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

That is dumb.

It is a poor choice of words, I'll give you that.
The idea behind it is that if a team has sold 95% of the tickets by a certain point, it is will more than likely sell out in the three days before game day.
Plus, this allows for single tickets that go unsold - they don't happen too often, but I bet that there are at least one or to per section, up to almost one hundred a game.

Zeus
12-21-2007, 09:10 AM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

That is dumb.

It is a poor choice of words, I'll give you that.
The idea behind it is that if a team has sold 95% of the tickets by a certain point, it is will more than likely sell out in the three days before game day.
Plus, this allows for single tickets that go unsold - they don't happen too often, but I bet that there are at least one or to per section, up to almost one hundred a game.

Also - the Redskins have returned 400 tickets, which are now available through Ticketmaster.
Those are not counted as part of the sell-out calculation.

=Z=

Marrdro
12-21-2007, 09:15 AM
"BadlandsViking" wrote:

"COJOMAY" wrote:

104 with a huge *

Best post in this thread.

;D

I also find the whole "Sellout Streak" thing very amusing.
Wonder what they will do with respect to seating capacity in the new stadium if they every build one in MN.
Pare it down to 60,000 so they don't have to go through this all the time.
;D