PDA

View Full Version : Sprewell Suspended

ADubya26
12-07-2004, 11:07 PM
Does anyone know what Spre said exactly...all i know is it was some vulgar comment..

hovan
12-07-2004, 11:08 PM
"ADubya26" wrote:

Does anyone know what Spre said exactly...all i know is it was some vulgar comment..

Why are you posting this here Dubya? :scratch:

snowinapril
12-07-2004, 11:11 PM
"ADubya26" wrote:

This probably belongs in the ClubHouse.

I saw the clip once and tried to read lips, I think he said something like Shut Up you F'n Beyatch. It was audio and then bleep bleep bleep.

jackyl
12-07-2004, 11:13 PM
He told the fan to "Suck my fuggin' dick"

snowinapril
12-07-2004, 11:20 PM
I am not that good of a lip reader apparently.

I was way off.

I did see the F'n part right.

I was watching that game and I didn't hear it but it was on the mic and was recorded. League found out about it somehow????????

jackyl
12-08-2004, 09:04 AM
The news stations here in MPLS played it with audio as news promo's before the game was even over. :lol:

casper
12-08-2004, 09:08 AM
"jackyl" wrote:

He told the fan to "Suck my fuggin' dick"

that might piss off any fan :twisted: pretty much :blackeye:

cajunvike
12-08-2004, 09:08 AM
The fan needs to be kicked out of the arena...I don't particularly respect Sprewell but there has to be lines drawn...fans should show some decorum and restraint!

snowinapril
12-08-2004, 09:12 AM
I got an idea, since Spree likes the Packers, lets suite him up on the practice squad before Xmas and have him run around the practice field with his #4 Favre jersey on and we can have tackling practice.

That would have been better punishment than suspending him for a game.

No Pads or Helmet.

Naughty Spree, Naughty

snowinapril
12-08-2004, 09:19 AM
Fans have to have more respect. How do the fans expect people to react when we treat them like caged animals for our entertainment. We don't see these athletes as people, we see them but can't interact with them, there is a distance there. That distance keeps us from seeing them as humans with feeling.

Fans need to be removed. The NBA should come up with a policy that players talk to coaches coaches talk to the guards, gaurds watch it and remove the person if it continues. NBA needs to set some guidelines.

Heckling is not part of the game when it gets personal and out of line. I have no idea what the fan said but if it got that reaction from Spree, I am sure it was something personal and out of line.

JDogg926
12-08-2004, 09:30 AM
I like snowinapril's idea. We can even him a few bucks to feed his family. Do you know how many packs of Ramen noodles you can buy with 14 mill?

snowinapril
12-08-2004, 09:51 AM
I had to make the topic football related to the Vikes somehow.

He could be like John Randle's little Favre chicken.

Sprewell is quick. Our linemen might feed him his own arm if he isn't careful.

I am giving Spree some crap, just for the record that is all it is. I have no ill feeling about Spree. I don't think he is the monger that the media has made him out to be. He has just said some things recently that were said at the wrong place, wrong time, and in the wrong context.

I have been thinking about his Money comment he made earlier this season. It wasn't about the amount of money he was going to make it was about the length of time the contract was for. I think he really meant to say. I want to know where my money is coming from for the next 3 years. I don't want to have to worry about changing my life style all the way through the season.

Imagine how you would feel knowing you are on a budget and then not knowing if that income is going to be there 7 months from now. It is probably easier for us to go out and replace our 5 figure jobs but I guarantee that it is more difficult to go out and replace a 7 figure income. I don't know where to find a 7 figure income. If you do, tell me where it is, I want to apply. Back to the how you would feel? I would feel stressed and I words probably wouldn't come out of my mouth the way they were intended.

I was ranting and pretty upset when he first said the moeny thing, I took it personally as a Twolves fan that he was insulting me and the organization. I have bought me some DR. SCHOLL's gel insoles and I Gellin Like a Fellin, I am over it now.

snowinapril
12-08-2004, 10:41 AM
Speaking of incomes, I just heard an interview with Larry Fitzgerald, the WR with the Cards. For those of you that didn't know, his dad is/was(?) a reporter in MPLS. Larry got to be a ball boy and hung out with CC and Moss before going to Pittsburgh for college ball.

Anyway, Larry said that during Training Camp he mad over $3000 washing players cars on a daily basis. He said the CC still tells him how bad he is at cleaning cars.

This would be another option for Spree if the Twolves job for next year doesn't work out. He could probably put new rims on their cars and probably make 100,000 grand just like that.

CT Viking Man
12-08-2004, 11:12 AM
I am an Knicks fan and was upset to see Sprewell traded. He brought a lot of energy to the team and appear to be pretty tame, except for a run-in with one of the Knicks management.

But from what I have seen of him since his departure, I don't miss him one bit.