PDA

View Full Version : i wasnt aware......?



TheAnimal93
12-07-2004, 09:20 PM
that terrance shaw has been in the league for 10 years. i thought the name was familiar but couldnt place him. well since he is starting and no one has mentioned his name i thought i would do a search. he played with the raiders, chargers, and fins and pats. anyone have any inside info on him? he should be able to fill in adequately.....hopefully help the vikes make the playoff push. CMON DUDE!!!! VIKING NATION NEEDS YOU!!!! lol
(trying to fire myself and anybody who will listen(read) up)

TheAnimal93
12-08-2004, 07:19 AM
37 lurkers out there and no posts!!!!! everyone afraid to say anything about our newest starting cornerback? whats a matta? chicken? lol! jj. obviously everyone thinks he is going to fail. i dont think so. just remember, i have seen #26 getting burned badly. i dont think 26 is a bad corner, quite the contrary. and i think that #25 will do ok. rice and jackson...not going to be easy.

Freya
12-08-2004, 07:31 AM
Was he on special teams only before now?

cajunvike
12-08-2004, 08:46 AM
"vikes can do" wrote:

that terrance shaw has been in the league for 10 years. i thought the name was familiar but couldnt place him. well since he is starting and no one has mentioned his name i thought i would do a search. he played with the raiders, chargers, and fins and pats. anyone have any inside info on him? he should be able to fill in adequately.....hopefully help the vikes make the playoff push. CMON DUDE!!!! VIKING NATION NEEDS YOU!!!! lol
(trying to fire myself and anybody who will listen(read) up)

Hopefully, he won't be just another Denard Walker (it hurt just to type that name)....AARRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!

uncle tony
12-08-2004, 10:46 AM
There really isn't anything that sticks out about this guy. He has 11 career interceptions with one of them last year for the vikes. He seemed to be the most productive in his first three years with the chargers. His pass defended numbers were double digits in those 3 years, but they dropped down since then.

He's a 10 year veteran in the NFL which should help us out. He's a solid special team player but the time has come for him to step it up at cornerback. Put me in coach I got something to prove is what I hope he feels.

Go Vikes!!!

ItalianStallion
12-08-2004, 11:17 AM
He is unspectacular, probably as good as Denard Walker. I remember seeing him get burnt by Andre Johnson all day long against the Texans, but then again he shouldn't have been covering him anyway.

snowinapril
12-08-2004, 11:18 AM
"uncle tony" wrote:

There really isn't anything that sticks out about this guy. He has 11 career interceptions with one of them last year for the vikes. He seemed to be the most productive in his first three years with the chargers. His pass defended numbers were double digits in those 3 years, but they dropped down since then.

He's a 10 year veteran in the NFL which should help us out. He's a solid special team player but the time has come for him to step it up at cornerback. Put me in coach I got something to prove is what I hope he feels.

Go Vikes!!!

I read this thread when it first was posted, chose not to respond because I really didn't have anything positive to say. But if you want a response, the first thing I could think of was,

Trouble.

And not for the opposing team. 10 years and we haven't heard of him. There is a reason. I hope he has the game or games of his life the next 2-3 weeks while Winfield is out. Cross your fingers!

XTAP59
12-08-2004, 11:44 AM
Shaw, IMO, is an average journeyman at his position.
I believe with Winfield out, the Vikes will need to make huge adjustments. For one, more pressure on the QB. Yea, I know, easier said than done but why not send the blitz on every play? God knows we cannot cover receivers longer than two seconds. if we get to the QB, we won't have to cover as long.
BLITZ, BLITZ, BLITZ....

shockzilla
12-08-2004, 12:22 PM
Our secondary without Winfield just plain SCARES ME :cry: ! Cory Chavous is going to have to do some extra babysitting back there! If we can get some pressure up front, and put the brakes on Alexander, we just may do the job. Whatever happens with the defense, the whole team is going to have to play without fear, play determined, and TAKE NO PRISONERS!!!!!!!! If we get the Seahawks down early, we have to CRUSH them!

VKG4LFE
12-08-2004, 12:42 PM
I think he used to play for Oakland

Caine
12-08-2004, 02:00 PM
"XTAP59" wrote:

Shaw, IMO, is an average journeyman at his position.
I believe with Winfield out, the Vikes will need to make huge adjustments. For one, more pressure on the QB. Yea, I know, easier said than done but why not send the blitz on every play? God knows we cannot cover receivers longer than two seconds. if we get to the QB, we won't have to cover as long.
BLITZ, BLITZ, BLITZ....

Bad idea. Blitzes are easily broken up - dump offs to the TE or HB floating out of the backfield are two of the most common. By blitzing all the time we are conceeding the short yardage stuff on every down - and that will kill us.

Instead, we need our guys to play to their potential, and our DC to actually have a clue as to what scheme to call...







...I'm asking a lot, aren't I...




Caine

RK.
12-08-2004, 02:28 PM
and our DC to actually have a clue as to what scheme to call...

A whole lot all things considered. :roll:

VikingsTw
12-08-2004, 03:24 PM
"vikes can do" wrote:

37 lurkers out there and no posts!!!!! everyone afraid to say anything about our newest starting cornerback? whats a matta? chicken? lol! jj. obviously everyone thinks he is going to fail. i dont think so. just remember, i have seen #26 getting burned badly. i dont think 26 is a bad corner, quite the contrary. and i think that #25 will do ok. rice and jackson...not going to be easy.

WTF?

TheAnimal93
12-08-2004, 05:17 PM
yea, there was one or two times he got burned, ok maybe not BADLY but i remember seeing #26 with his back turned and has gotten beat for a TD. and i have seen him miss a couple of tackles too. but i am not knocking AW. but all corners take their knocks.

TheAnimal93
12-08-2004, 05:44 PM
"vikingstw" wrote:

"vikes can do" wrote:

37 lurkers out there and no posts!!!!! everyone afraid to say anything about our newest starting cornerback? whats a matta? chicken? lol! jj. obviously everyone thinks he is going to fail. i dont think so. just remember, i have seen #26 getting burned badly. i dont think 26 is a bad corner, quite the contrary. and i think that #25 will do ok. rice and jackson...not going to be easy.

WTF?
bad choice of words...forgive me?

HarrisonB57
12-08-2004, 05:58 PM
"Caine" wrote:


Bad idea. Blitzes are easily broken up - dump offs to the TE or HB floating out of the backfield are two of the most common. By blitzing all the time we are conceeding the short yardage stuff on every down - and that will kill us.

Instead, we need our guys to play to their potential, and our DC to actually have a clue as to what scheme to call...

All that stuff already happens with our backers in coverage. And when we blitzed the Bears, it seemed to work. I also noticed when the linemen stunted, they were sucessful. Just hope Cottrell notices.

muchluv4smoot
12-08-2004, 08:31 PM
"vikes can do" wrote:

that terrance shaw has been in the league for 10 years. i thought the name was familiar but couldnt place him. well since he is starting and no one has mentioned his name i thought i would do a search. he played with the raiders, chargers, and fins and pats. anyone have any inside info on him? he should be able to fill in adequately.....hopefully help the vikes make the playoff push. CMON DUDE!!!! VIKING NATION NEEDS YOU!!!! lol
(trying to fire myself and anybody who will listen(read) up)





I thought derek ross was gonna start in place of winfield?

Terence shaw is a much better coverage CB that denard walker was. He is much more aggressive.
I don't feel doomed with winfield out and ross and shaw in there, like most people do. Ross had a couple of slips last week, due to bad footing on the grass, that made him look bad, but other than that he wasn't bad. Although it was against the bears. He has a ton of talent and is healthy now, so now is his time to step up and shine. Look at the patriots, they get an injury and a guy steps in and steps up. Lets see if we can do that.

TheAnimal93
12-09-2004, 06:24 AM
if i got it right in tice PC he said that shaw would start and ross would play nickel back. tice said some interesting things as far as the lack of preparation of their part last week. vikings.com