T-rich

Steve Huch

Matt birk

Phat Pat

K-dub

And D-sharp

PurplePeopleEaters
12-18-2007, 04:14 PM
EJ should have made it and Sharper shouldn't have made it.

Marrdro
12-18-2007, 04:15 PM
Congratulations to the guys who did make it.
EJ, hopefully will make it next year.

PurplePeopleEaters
12-18-2007, 04:19 PM
Actually, 7 pro-bowlers is pretty damn good for any team. Most of those players got in on name alone (Sharper, Richardson) but I'm liking that we have 7 pro-bowlers. How many did the packers get?

ejmat
12-18-2007, 04:21 PM
I think EJ has had a better year but the reality is players like Patrick Willis, London Fletcher, Ernie Sims deserve to make it as well.
I don't know who made it but it would be difficult for EJ to make it right now.
As far as Sharper is concerned, he made it by name only.
He hasn't had his best year although the last few games he's done well.
I'm not sure why Winfield gets snubbed everytime too.
I know that people like Nate Clements probably made it (again becasue of his reputation).
I'm happy for TRich.
He is so huge to this offense.

FuadFan
12-18-2007, 04:22 PM
Great that both Kevin and Pat made it in but how could Sharper have been chosen I'm not even enough of a homer to think he should be a pro bowler this year.

funkyasflea
12-18-2007, 04:22 PM
OK.
So I was looking at the starting roster for the Pro Bowl this year....

Brett Favre is the starting QB....AP is the RB, and Richardson is the FB.......It is going to make me sick watching Favre hand the ball off to AP.
I am going to grimace every time one of our linemen or our Fullback throw their body infront of a blitz to protect Favre.
I know it is kinda mean...but I hope Hutch "misses a few blocks" when Favre is in.
I don't want him to get injured or anything, I just would not mind seeing him take a hit or two.

SharperImage
12-18-2007, 04:25 PM
"FuadFan" wrote:

Great that both Kevin and Pat made it in but how could Sharper have been chosen I'm not even enough of a homer to think he should be a pro bowler this year.

Im more pissed that Antione Winfield diddnt make it but i bet AW and EJ make alternates

PurplePeopleEaters
12-18-2007, 04:29 PM
How the hell did Donald Driver make it? THAT is bullshit.

COJOMAY
12-18-2007, 04:30 PM
Seven Vikings named to Pro Bowl team

Rookie running back Adrian Peterson is among seven Vikings players named to the NFC Pro Bowl roster for the Feb. 10 game in Honolulu. Joining Peterson on the team will be fullback Tony Richardson, left guard Steve Hutchinson, center Matt Birk, strong safety Darren Sharper, defensive tackle Kevin Williams and nose tackle Pat Williams.

All will be starters except Birk.

Despite missing two games because of a knee injury, Peterson is third in the NFL with 1,278 rushing yards on 218 attempts with 12 touchdowns. He scored twice in the Vikings’ 20-13 victory over Chicago on Monday night. Peterson rushed for 78 yards on 20 carries.

Hutchinson, Birk and Pat and Kevin Williams also represented the Vikings in the Pro Bowl last season.

Peterson joins Chuck Foreman (1973) as the only Vikings rookie running backs to be named to the Pro Bowl. Birk will be going to the Pro Bowl for the sixth time, Hutchinson for the fifth time, Sharper for the fourth time, Richardson for the third time, Kevin Williams the third time and Pat Williams the second time.

The Vikings hoped linebacker E.J. Henderson would make the team, but he did not. Lofa Tatupu of Seattle and Patrick Willis of San Francisco were the middle linebackers.

Brett Favre of the Packers is the NFC’s starting quarterback. Former Gophers running back Marion Barber III of the Cowboys is a backup at tailback.

Birk will back up Andre Gurode of Dallas at center.

Washington free safety Sean Taylor, who was killed during a home robbery two weeks ago, was voted to a starting NFC spot.

AFC starters include New England QB Tom Brady and his top wide receiver, former Viking Randy Moss.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11 Cowgirls made the pro bowl -- I think I'm gonna puke!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EJ still has problems in pass coverage. He’s been a monster on running plays but….

duvaldomo
12-18-2007, 04:50 PM
I like sharper and glad he made the probowls, not sure if he deserved it but what the hey, hes pretty darn good. And the only reason Henderson didnt make it because teams did not run on us and its harder to get tackles when teams just pass on you

Vikefanman2000
12-18-2007, 04:53 PM
Here is the NFC Team

NFC
Offense
Pos. Starter(s) Reserves

Quarterback
Brett Favre, Green Bay
Matt Hasselbeck, Seattle
Tony Romo, Dallas

Running back
Adrian Peterson, Minnesota
Marion Barber, Dallas
Brian Westbrook, Philadelphia

Fullback
Tony Richardson, Minnesota

Wide receiver
Larry Fitzgerald, Arizona
Terrell Owens, Dallas
Donald Driver, Green Bay
Torry Holt, St. Louis

Tight end
Jason Witten, Dallas
Chris Cooley, Washington

Tackle
Flozell Adams, Dallas
Walter Jones, Seattle
Chris Samuels, Washington

Guard
Leonard Davis, Dallas
Steve Hutchinson, Minnesota
Shawn Andrews, Philadelphia

Center
Andre Gurode, Dallas
Matt Birk, Minnesota

Defense
Pos. Starter(s) Reserves

Defensive end
Aaron Kampman, Green Bay
Patrick Kerney, Seattle
Osi Umenyiora, N.Y. Giants

Defensive tackle
Kevin Williams, Minnesota
Pat Williams, Minnesota
Tommie Harris, Chicago

Outside linebacker
Julian Peterson, Seattle
DeMarcus Ware, Dallas
Lance Briggs, Chicago

Inside linebacker
Lofa Tatupu, Seattle
Patrick Willis, San Francisco

Cornerback
Al Harris, Green Bay
Marcus Trufant, Seattle
Terence Newman, Dallas

Free safety
Sean Taylor, Washington
Ken Hamlin, Dallas

Strong safety
Darren Sharper, Minnesota

Special teams
Pos. Starter(s) Reserves

Punter
Andy Lee, San Francisco

Placekicker
Nicholas Folk, Dallas

Kick returner
Devin Hester, Chicago

Special teamer
Brendon Ayanbadejo, Chicago

Braddock
12-18-2007, 04:59 PM
"SharperImage" wrote:

"FuadFan" wrote:

Im more pissed that Antione Winfield diddnt make it but i bet AW and EJ make alternates

EJ plays a position where there are a lot of good players. Winfield gets snubbed every year. Toine, you're my pro bowler (as well as T-Jack :))

DeathtoDenny
12-18-2007, 05:03 PM
Can't really complain about one not making it after we got 7 selections.

Mr Anderson
12-18-2007, 05:05 PM
Who wants to tell me how Lofa Tatupu made it over Henderson and Nick Barnett?

7 guys from our team going though, I'm impressed.

I'm just glad Pat and Kevin Williams are both going, that was the only thing I would have been truly angry about.

pack93z
12-18-2007, 05:11 PM
Congrats of 7 making the pro bowl... but I agree on the MLB... EJ and Barnett got worked over.

On how in the world does Sharper make the Pro Bowl? Sorry but that was a cheap trip to HI.

FuadFan
12-18-2007, 05:19 PM
"Braddock" wrote:

"SharperImage" wrote:

"FuadFan" wrote:

EJ plays a position where there are a lot of good players. Winfield gets snubbed every year. Toine, you're my pro bowler (as well as T-Jack :))

Other years the case could be made but Antoine has missed almost half the season this year with injuries how can you say he should make the pro bowl?

vikes2456
12-18-2007, 05:22 PM
EJ has played at a pro bowl caliber level this year, however other players did as well. He may very well be an alternate, we shall see. However, next year with hopefully more additions/better play alltogether on D, he may do even better, and get a trip to Hawaii

Vikefanman2000
12-18-2007, 05:25 PM
The Vikings also had linebacker E.J. Henderson, special teams coverage ace Heath Farwell, kicker Ryan Longwell and left tackle Bryant McKinnie named as alternates.

jobusrum
12-18-2007, 05:28 PM
"funkyasflea" wrote:

OK.

Brett Favre is the starting QB....AP is the RB, and Richardson is the FB.......It is going to make me sick watching Favre hand the ball off to AP.
I am going to grimace every time one of our linemen or our Fullback throw their body infront of a blitz to protect Favre.
I know it is kinda mean...but I hope Hutch "misses a few blocks" when Favre is in.
I don't want him to get injured or anything, I just would not mind seeing him take a hit or two.

you wont have to worry about it. Favre has backed out of the meaningless Pro Bowl for years and I'm sure he'll do it again this season.

11 Cowboys is hilarious. Have no clue why Woodson didn't make it

mblack76
12-18-2007, 05:29 PM
Sean Taylor made the Pro Bowl. Thats a nice and befitting tribute.

gtinker63
12-18-2007, 05:29 PM
Re: EJ Henderson doesnt make probowl
« Reply #6 on: Today at 02:22:40 am »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OK.

???
Come on bro.
Show a little bit of class.
This is the Pro Bowl we are talking about.
I hate the Packers as much as the next guy but I wouldn't ever say stupid crap like this.
These guys are professional athletes and this is a form of entertainment.

COJOMAY
12-18-2007, 05:37 PM
The Star/Tribune just reported the following:

*In addition to the seven players named to the Pro Bowl (listed in the post below), Childress said four more players are alternates. That list includes LB E.J. Henderson (second alternate), special teams cover star Heath Farwell (second), PK Ryan Longwell (first) and LT Bryant McKinnie (second).

Purple D
12-18-2007, 05:42 PM
"gtinker63" wrote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OK.

???
Come on bro.
I hate the Packers as much as the next guy but I wouldn't ever say stupid crap like this.

Speaking of classless statements.
I am glad that al Harris is on the NFC side,
I wouldn't want to see him taking another low shot at AD's knee.

;)

PurpleTide
12-18-2007, 05:54 PM
We are represented well this year with 7 guys making the trip to HI. EJ is having a monster year and it has been noticed, as he is a alternant. 6 of the 7 are starters I believe so all in all you have to be pleased. The league has taken notice of EJ and perhaps next year he and Antoine can get their due respect.

patistheman
12-18-2007, 06:00 PM
While Sharper is not having one of his best years there is still no SS in the NFC with more INTs than him, Bigby of GB and Phillips of Tampa both are tied with him at 4.

While EJ did not make it im not mad about the two that made it over him, Willis and Tatupu are both having good years.
I'm very glad Urlacher did not make it.

Winfield did not deserve to be in this year.

Great too see all the other Vikes in, they all deserve it.

funkyasflea
12-18-2007, 06:10 PM
"Purple" wrote:

"gtinker63" wrote:

OK.

???
Come on bro.

Speaking of classless statements.
I am glad that al Harris is on the NFC side,
I wouldn't want to see him taking another low shot at AD's knee.

;)

Seeing my Running Back take a handoff from the player I hate the most in the NFL makes me sick.
Watching him play makes me sick.
Yeah, he used to be good, but if you watch a lot of his throws now he is playing on complete luck and talent of his young recievers.
Watch his face next time he throws...as soon as he lets go he gets the "oh crap i shouldn't have thrown that" grimace on his face.
Then IF someone catches it (who is on his team) he gets the most surprised look on his face, like "I don't know how he caught that but we'll take it."

The guy had a great career, but it angers me that he is pushing his career to the point where he will be a hinderance to the team's future.
He should quit while people see him like he played a few years ago, instead of dragging it all along until he becomes a backup somewhere or gets injured.
There are a lot of greats taht tried to extend their career and just got laughed at.
Jerry Rice for example.
Had an AMAZING career with the 49ers.
No one ever thought he would leave the 49ers right?
(as many of you are saying about Fav-re and the Packers right now).
Well he did end up leaving the 49ers and went to the Raiders, he was ok for a while, but then ran into problems, performance, injuries, etc, had a few TERRIBLE years there, then went out to Seattle for a season where he finally withered away.........

Do you really want Favre to go out like that?????
Instead of being known as a great athlete he would be known as another one of those old guys who would just not leave.
He is past his prime and his luck will run out sooner or later.

midgensa
12-18-2007, 06:12 PM
This is a very good showing for the Vikes considering they are an 8-6 team. The locks were obvious with Peterson, Hutchinson, Birk and Kevin Williams being virtual locks, but it is nice to see that Phat Pat and Tony Richardson were recognized. Sharper is a toss up for me, but I don't think we can argue much with the linebackers that made it over EJ. I would guess if one of them was to drop out EJ would be on the roster. And I would guess Kluwe is the runner-up or third guy at punter.

jkjuggalo
12-18-2007, 06:30 PM
I'm from the school of thought that says E.J. should have gotten it...not Sharper.
Remember earlier in the year when Sharper was talking about how the scheme did not allow him to play up to his abilities?
Sharper showed me last night that he would rather try to attain personal glory then just going down and let his team win.
Going to the Pro-Bowl is just going to perpetuate such egotistical behavior.
What a douche.
EJ, on the other hand, has been a beast all year without trying to call attention to himself.
Keep it up and get a few more sacks/picks next season EJ...you'll get there.
Lova Topupu had a good year and Willis was a beast, so I can understand EJ's snub.
Better luck next season.

Purple Floyd
12-18-2007, 06:35 PM
The only bowl I care about is the Super Bowl. if we have 60 or whatever number of guys on our roster playing in that game I will be celebrating.

singersp
12-18-2007, 11:15 PM
2008 Pro Bowl (http://www.vikings.com/NewsArticle_ProBowl_121807.aspx)

vikings.com

12/18/2007

2007 VIKINGS PRO BOWLERS
PLAYER

POS.

PRO BOWL SEASONS

Matt Birk............................. C........... 2000, 2001, 2003, 2004, 2006, 2007
Steve Hutchinson................. G........... 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007
Darren Sharper.................... S........... 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007
Tony Richardson................... FB......... 2003, 2004, 2007
Kevin Williams....................
DT......... 2004, 2006, 2007
Pat Williams........................ DT......... 2006, 2007
Adrian Peterson................... RB......... 2007

Player reaction

Pat Williams

“I want to thank....."

Darren Sharper

“I think the number of guys....."

Tony Richardson

“Something like this is a credit to.....”

Kevin Williams

“I’m very excited to.....”

Matt Birk

“I’m fortunate to have.....”

Adrian Peterson

“This is a great honor as a rookie.....”

hx38596
12-18-2007, 11:38 PM
"ejmat" wrote:

I think EJ has had a better year but the reality is players like Patrick Willis, London Fletcher, Ernie Sims deserve to make it as well.
I know that people like Nate Clements probably made it (again becasue of his reputation).
I'm happy for TRich.

Yeah, it's a very good year for LB's in the NFC this year.
Tough for EJ to make it with this crop.

hx38596
12-18-2007, 11:47 PM
Wait...

:o

WHERE IN THE F&% IS ROY WILLIAMS????

This pro bowl crap is for the birds.

IBleedPurple11
12-19-2007, 12:04 AM
Hell Ya....7 Pro Bowlers when team like the steelers and jaguars didnt have 1...gotta love that!

Frostbite
12-19-2007, 12:11 AM
"hx38596" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

I'm happy for TRich.

Yeah, it's a very good year for LB's in the NFC this year.
Tough for EJ to make it with this crop.

Yes it is and London Fletcher is coming to town Sunday Night so we will get a look at him. Nate clemens deserved it as well. He's been having a great season with S.F. in a losing season cause.

Cheers!

Ddawg84
12-19-2007, 12:21 AM
THAT IS B.S!!!!
EJ played amazing this year so far... and definitely deserves to be there... he has had a pro bowl year... but it is first year back in the middle... so i only look for him to improve!
One thing that hurts him that other middle linebackers have an advantage with, is the fact that no one run's the ball against our Defense... so his tackles are down as of late always having to be in pass coverage!!!!

singersp
12-19-2007, 12:25 AM
With living on the border between Minnesota & Wisconsin, this alone has me smiling......

7 Vikings were named to the 2008 Pro Bowl team......

but only 4 Packers were named.

8)

Frostbite
12-19-2007, 12:29 AM
"singersp" wrote:

With living on the border between Minnesota & Wisconsin, this alone has me smiling......

7 Vikings were named to the 2008 Pro Bowl team......

but only 4 Packers were named.
8)

Yes...You gotta Love This as a Vikings Fan no matter where you live....but especially in your border situation singersp! SWEET!!

Cheers!

jobusrum
12-19-2007, 01:42 AM
Yeah uh, I'll take the 12-2, along with a First round bye over the number of Pro bowlers. Pro Bowl has been a joke for a while now

jobusrum
12-19-2007, 01:45 AM
"patistheman" wrote:

While Sharper is not having one of his best years there is still no SS in the NFC with more INTs than him, Bigby of GB and Phillips of Tampa both are tied with him at 4.

INT's is completely misleading. Sharper is not a Pro Bowler this year, Vikes fans have even said so. It's not all about INT's. Bigby, like you said, is tied with Sharper in INT's but truth is that Bigby has been mediocre at best. He's a hard hitter/sure tackler but the dude has been awful in coverage. From what I've seen of Sharper this year its been more of the same. Hasn't done a great job in coverage and whiffs on a ton of tackles.

Potus2028
12-19-2007, 02:22 AM
sharper? <scratches head> w/e.. i'll take it

i guess it's like that with some posistions where there isn't one extremely obvious player.

there are positions like LB where there are a derth of great players that EJ cant make it in. but then there are positions like Safety where it's just 'meh' quality players. So sharper makes it.

nest year EJ!! keep your head up kid, and win us some more games

skum
12-19-2007, 02:33 AM
I really cant say that EJ Henderson got snubbed of the Pro Bowl, many teams have very good middle and inside linebackers
who are on the same page as EJ Henderson, thats buys like Tampas Barrett Rudd who is playing really well, Phillys Omar Gaither and of course rookie sensation Patrick Willis who is the heart and sould of that Niners defense.

Willis leads the league in tackling, you cant deny that.

London Flecther has 120 tackles and 12 passes defended according to NFL.com, he also has 3 picks and a touchdown.

Nick Barnett has had a great year too, John Beason of the Panthers has been pretty solid too.. So i think its just a matter of him playing great, the fans recognize it, but outside of Minnesota there are players at the same position who are playing equally well or even better than EJ. I love EJ and he is one of my favourite players and in strong consideration for my next jersey, however i dont think he got snubbed for not making it.

AngloVike
12-19-2007, 03:59 AM
I'm surprised that Sharper made it to the roster as although his play has been good this year, I wouldn't class him as being at Pro-Bowl level.
Even so 7 players from a 8-6 team is a good achievement, especially as the NFCN division didn't have that many
;D

And for those worried about Favre handing the ball off to AP then don't ....... he won't want to share the limelight on his day. So expect the sequence to be as follows:
pass
pass
pass
punt

pass
pass
INT

repeat as necessary until the alternates are brought in ..

singersp
12-19-2007, 06:02 AM
"jobusrum" wrote:

"patistheman" wrote:

INT's is completely misleading. Sharper is not a Pro Bowler this year, Vikes fans have even said so. It's not all about INT's. Bigby, like you said, is tied with Sharper in INT's but truth is that Bigby has been mediocre at best. He's a hard hitter/sure tackler but the dude has been awful in coverage. From what I've seen of Sharper this year its been more of the same. Hasn't done a great job in coverage and whiffs on a ton of tackles.

LOL! It's funny how a few missed tackles is easily translated into tons, by those who don't care for him.

Typical of a hater. Remembers only the negative & never the positive.

singersp
12-19-2007, 07:29 AM
Seven Vikings going to Pro Bowl (http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/12616381.html)

Rookie running back Adrian Peterson was among the team's selections to the Pro Bowl, although that group did not include linebacker E.J. Henderson.

By JUDD ZULGAD, Star Tribune

Last update: December 18, 2007 - 9:58 PM

Adrian Peterson's standout rookie season has brought him various accolades. On Tuesday, he earned the highest honor yet: An all-expenses paid vacation to Honolulu -- with a bit of football mixed in.....

ejmat
12-19-2007, 07:31 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"jobusrum" wrote:

"patistheman" wrote:

LOL! It's funny how a few missed tackles is easily translated into tons, by those who don't care for him.

Hey Singer.
I agree with what you are saying but let me point out to you the things you say regarding Randy Moss?
I'm not trying to be an ass but you do the same thing with him.

singersp
12-19-2007, 07:37 AM
"ejmat" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"jobusrum" wrote:

"patistheman" wrote:

Hey Singer.
I agree with what you are saying but let me point out to you the things you say regarding Randy Moss?

I haven't forgotten all the positive things Moss has done for this team. If you've read my posts, you will remember that I have said I would welcome him back if his attitude would change, he'd be a team player & he would grow up. I have never denied he was a great receiver on the field of play.

Hell, I have or have had more Moss jersey's & memmorabillia than anyone on this site. I even have a few more extra jerseys to give away.

I bring up the negative things because many here refuse to believe it ever happened & turn a deaf ear to it.

Zeus
12-19-2007, 07:47 AM
"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:

EJ should have made it and Sharper shouldn't have made it.

When I saw that the Vikings had 7 in the game, I did my silent figuring and came up with the first six listed, knew EJ would get screwed and settled on Kluwe or Farwell (as the special teams selection).

No frigging way would I have picked Sharper.

=Z=

Zeus
12-19-2007, 07:54 AM
"funkyasflea" wrote:

The guy had a great career, but it angers me that he is pushing his career to the point where he will be a hinderance to the team's future.
He should quit while people see him like he played a few years ago, instead of dragging it all along until he becomes a backup somewhere or gets injured.
There are a lot of greats taht tried to extend their career and just got laughed at.
Jerry Rice for example.
Well he did end up leaving the 49ers and went to the Raiders, he was ok for a while, but then ran into problems, performance, injuries, etc, had a few TERRIBLE years there, then went out to Seattle for a season where he finally withered away.........

Do you really want Favre to go out like that?????
Instead of being known as a great athlete he would be known as another one of those old guys who would just not leave.

What the fuck are you talking about?
Favre is having a great season, lifting a young team, making smart decisions and breaking all the all-time QB records.
He's not going out playing like Joe Namath, a shattered wreck on two bad knees in LA with the Rams.

=Z=

Zeus
12-19-2007, 07:56 AM
"hx38596" wrote:

Wait...

Getting burned deep down the middle as usual?

Look - Roy Williams can lay the wood, but he's always been problematic in pass coverage.

=Z=

ejmat
12-19-2007, 07:59 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"jobusrum" wrote:

"patistheman" wrote:

Hey Singer.

I haven't forgotten all the positive things Moss has done for this team. If you've read my posts, you will remember that I have said I would welcome him back if his attitude would change, he'd be a team player & he would grow up. I have never denied he was a great receiver on the field of play.

Hell, I have or have had more Moss jersey's & memmorabillia than anyone on this site. I even have a few more extra jerseys to give away.

I bring up the negative things because many here refuse to believe it ever happened & turn a deaf ear to it.

It's all good Singer.
I may challenge you on the amount of Jerseys I have for Moss
;D.
Not to count the t-shirts I had as well.
I even bought my wife a Moss jersey (1 Viking and 1 Oakland).
I know, don't beat me up for that one.

I do agree a lot of people deny the immaturity that Moss has displayed.
Can't deny it anything.
However, some are blown out of proportion.
He has done some pretty bad things (ie running over a cop and squirting a water bottle on a ref).
Although the ref deserved it.
LOL.

singersp
12-19-2007, 08:04 AM
"ejmat" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"jobusrum" wrote:

Hey Singer.

It's all good Singer.
;D.

Unless you've had over 25, don't even bother counting.
;)

ejmat
12-19-2007, 08:05 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

Hey Singer.

It's all good Singer.
;D.

;)

Got me.
Not even close.
Although if you count the jerseys and the tshirts I may make it interesting.
But definately didn't have 25.
Damn!

Zeus
12-19-2007, 08:08 AM
"ejmat" wrote:

*nothing of substance*

Ummm - can't you and Singer have your little discussion in the correct thread?

Pro Bowl - Henderson didn't make it.
That's what this thread is about.

=Z=

singersp
12-19-2007, 08:17 AM
"Zeus" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

*nothing of substance*

=Z=

Obviously the discussion lead that direction with his post. What was he supposed to do, quote something I said in this thread & reply to it in another?
::)

Perhaps since this is supposed to be about E.J. Henderson, we shouldn't be discussing the other 7 who made it in this thread also.

Zeus
12-19-2007, 08:20 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

*nothing of substance*

Obviously the discussion lead that direction with his post. What was he supposed to do, quote something I said in this thread & reply to it in another?

Show restraint and not continue it.
Or at least offer an on-topic point.

Such as:
if EJ's the 2nd alternate at inside LB, who's the 1st?
Barnett or Urlacher?

=Z=

singersp
12-19-2007, 08:22 AM
"Zeus" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

*nothing of substance*

Such as:
Barnett or Urlacher?

=Z=

It was done before you even chimed in.

Zeus
12-19-2007, 08:25 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

*nothing of substance*

Such as:
Barnett or Urlacher?

It was done before you even chimed in.

And it's been more than a page since anyone (besides me) wrote anything on-topic.

Now, I will answer my own question:
it's Barnett.

http://www.madison.com/wsj/home/sports/index.php?ntid=262852&ntpid=1

So while the Green Bay Packers placed four players on the NFC Pro Bowl squad Tuesday — quarterback Brett Favre, wide receiver Donald Driver, defensive end Aaron Kampman and cornerback Al Harris — the focus in the aftermath of the NFL's announcement was on the miscarriage of justice Driver, Kampman and Harris thought had occurred.

Not only were middle linebacker Nick Barnett, cornerback Charles Woodson and left tackle Chad Clifton all left off the roster (they were first-alternates), but the Dallas Cowboys had a league-high 11 selections compared to the Packers' four — despite both teams entering this weekend with identical 12-2 records atop the conference.

"They had 11?" Kampman asked, noticeably shocked when told of the disparity. "I think my face said it all."

The Packers also had seven players named as second- and third-alternates: Wide receiver Greg Jennings, center Scott Wells, safety Nick Collins, linebacker A.J. Hawk, halfback Ryan Grant and tight ends Donald Lee and Bubba Franks.

=Z=

singersp
12-19-2007, 09:00 AM
"Zeus" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

*nothing of substance*

Such as:
Barnett or Urlacher?

=Z=

Hmmm......look who's calling the kettle black.
;)

"Zeus" wrote:

What the fuck are you talking about?
Favre is having a great season, lifting a young team, making smart decisions and breaking all the all-time QB records.
He's not going out playing like Joe Namath, a shattered wreck on two bad knees in LA with the Rams.

=Z=

"Zeus" wrote:

"hx38596" wrote:

Wait...

Look - Roy Williams can lay the wood, but he's always been problematic in pass coverage.

=Z=

Marrdro
12-19-2007, 09:05 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

*nothing of substance*

Such as:
Barnett or Urlacher?

=Z=

;)

"Zeus" wrote:

What the floop are you talking about?

=Z=

"Zeus" wrote:

"hx38596" wrote:

Wait...

=Z=

I love these types of discussions.
Especially when I am still enjoying my first and only cup of java in the moring.
;D

ejmat
12-19-2007, 09:37 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

*nothing of substance*

Such as:
Barnett or Urlacher?

=Z=

;)

"Zeus" wrote:

=Z=

"Zeus" wrote:

"hx38596" wrote:

Wait...

=Z=

I love these types of discussions.

Especially when I am still enjoying my first and only cup of java in the moring.
;D

The funny thing is everyone here gets sidetracked in discussions.
Zeus, is it really such a big deal to you that Singer and I spoke about Moss jerseys for about 2 or 3 posts each?
Does that effect the big picture here?
Sorry if Singer and I derailed the topic.
However it was done initially regarding the topic and it went from there.
I will be sure and let you know the next time you do the same.

Zeus
12-19-2007, 09:44 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

*nothing of substance*

Such as:
Barnett or Urlacher?

;)

Quick answers to both the topic of the Pro Bowl.
Approximately 1 billion times more relevant than the number of Moss jerseys you or anyone else owns.

=Z=

Zeus
12-19-2007, 09:46 AM
"ejmat" wrote:

Zeus, is it really such a big deal to you that Singer and I spoke about Moss jerseys for about 2 or 3 posts each?

Any time a thread goes from one page to the next, the likelihood that posts on older pages are read goes down.
So, yes, it is "such a big deal" in terms of PPO that yet another thread was going to be derailed into yet another Randy Moss discussion.

Now - have you anything to offer on EJ Henderson not making the Pro Bowl?

=Z=

Purple Floyd
12-19-2007, 10:09 AM
"Zeus" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

Any time a thread goes from one page to the next, the likelihood that posts on older pages are read goes down.
So, yes, it is "such a big deal" in terms of PPO that yet another thread was going to be derailed into yet another Randy Moss discussion.

=Z=

Yep,

Forget the Pro Bowl and focus on the Bowl that really matters. ;D

And focus on our next opponent. One game at a time

COJOMAY
12-19-2007, 10:13 AM
I see where the Packers are complaining about only having four players announced for the Pro-Bowl.
In an article in the Milwaukee "Journal Sentinal"
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=698252
there are the following quotes:

Just in the NFC, the 9-5 Seattle Seahawks had six players selected, the Minnesota Vikings - whom the Packers beat twice this season, by a combined score of 57-16 - had seven,

"I guess people are overlooking us," Driver said. "I think a lot of guys are upset that they didn't go. A lot of guys are mad. If you look around this locker room, there should have been at least nine or 10 guys who should've went."

And finally this gem:

The Seahawks (four) and Vikings (three) each had more defensive players selected than the Packers, even though Green Bay's unit is ranked higher than both.

Huh??? ???

PurplePeopleEaters
12-19-2007, 10:24 AM
Wow.. talk about bitter. Does it really even matter that much?

gtinker63
12-19-2007, 10:29 AM
Quote from: funkyasflea on Today at 04:10:22 am
Jerry Rice for example.

Do you really want Favre to go out like that??

=Z=

Flea,
You make no sense in your posts.
How can you honestly say that Favre is having a bad year?
Have you seen the Packers record?
Again, I hate Favre and all green-gold shit, however, he is playing as good as any year this season.
If it wasn't for Tom Brady he would quite possibly be the MVP.
2 years ago I was with you that he was washed up and needed to retire.
However, he has proven all haters wrong.
It is now time to just accept that he is a great QB and can still throw the damn rock with the best of em.

ejmat
12-19-2007, 11:47 AM
"Zeus" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

=Z=

I've already had my say a while back.
It's ashame he didn't make it but I'm not all that surprised.
Other MLBs have had better years to include Willis, Fletcher, Barnett, Beason, Sims.

Is that better?

C Mac D
12-19-2007, 11:47 AM
Nothing to do with EJ... but my Alma-Mater is represented well in the Pro-Bowl:

There are three undrafted free agents from Kent State on the AFC team. One is tight end Antonio Gates of San Diego, on the AFC team for the fourth straight year. The others are linebacker James Harrison of Pittsburgh and return man Joshua Cribbs of Cleveland.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3160120

ejmat
12-19-2007, 12:20 PM
"C" wrote:

There are three undrafted free agents from Kent State on the AFC team. One is tight end Antonio Gates of San Diego, on the AFC team for the fourth straight year. The others are linebacker James Harrison of Pittsburgh and return man Joshua Cribbs of Cleveland.

Watch out C. Zeus may have a problem with this since it doesn't pertain to EJ Henderson not making the ProBowl.
Be perpared to answer to him for derailing the thread.
You should have started a new thread titled, "Boys From My Alma Mater Are Representing"

Sorry Zeus, I couldn't resist
;D

Marrdro
12-19-2007, 12:22 PM
"ejmat" wrote:

"C" wrote:

Watch out C. Zeus may have a problem with this since it doesn't pertain to EJ Henderson not making the ProBowl.
You should have started a new thread titled, "Boys From My Alma Mater Are Representing"

;D

Tough crowd today.
;D

ejmat
12-19-2007, 12:27 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

"C" wrote:

;D

Tough crowd today.

;D

I know, I know.
I'm a bad person.
Oh well.
I'm sure Zeus will get over it.
If he doesn't there is nothing I can do about it.
I guess I was bitter becasue he used my quote and deleted what I said and put something to the effect of "Having no substance".
I'm allowed to retaliate.

Marrdro
12-19-2007, 12:31 PM
"ejmat" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

"C" wrote:

;D

Tough crowd today.

;D

I know, I know.
I'm a bad person.
Oh well.
I guess I was bitter becasue he used my quote and deleted what I said and put something to the effect of "Having no substance".

I have met him and he is nothing like what he protrays on here.
That is why I only laugh at threads were he hacks on me.

;D

http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=40571.msg693650#msg693650

There are a couple on here that I like to just make crap up sometimes as I know it will stimulate the proper response.
Nothing mean or ill willed mind you.
Just fun stuff.

;D

COJOMAY
12-19-2007, 12:57 PM
Is Kent State a division 1AA school? I thought players from those schools could not make it in the NFL?
:D

C Mac D
12-19-2007, 01:07 PM
"COJOMAY" wrote:

Is Kent State a division 1AA school? I thought players from those schools could not make it in the NFL?
:D

They are 1A

Chester Taylor came from a MAC school, my friend...
;)

ejmat
12-19-2007, 01:12 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

"C" wrote:

;D

Tough crowd today.

;D

I know, I know.
I'm a bad person.
Oh well.

I have met him and he is nothing like what he protrays on here.
That is why I only laugh at threads were he hacks on me.

;D

http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=40571.msg693650#msg693650

There are a couple on here that I like to just make crap up sometimes as I know it will stimulate the proper response.
Nothing mean or ill willed mind you.
Just fun stuff.

;D

Oh I know Marr.
I'm only giving crap back.

UndisputedVike
12-19-2007, 02:07 PM
Not sure I would have chose E.J over Lofa or Patrick, I think the MLB's are fine. Nothing against E.J and I'm not being negative, I just believe that Lofa and Patrick are the better MLB's this year. Sharper shouldn't even be on that list, he got torched a lot this year and missed a lot of tackles. Rest of it is ok...way too many Cowboy's though.

Frostbite
12-19-2007, 02:16 PM
Patrick Willis absolutely deserves to be there. He's almost single handedly kept the Niner Defense together with his play this season. He's had some help from Nate Clemens who also deserves to go.

pinchaloafofpoopoo...errr I mean Lofa Tatopo probably deserves it as well....E.J. has done a great job this season too. Just not enough room to get him in there.

Cheers!

hx38596
12-20-2007, 02:13 AM
"Zeus" wrote:

"hx38596" wrote:

Wait...

=Z=

Yeah, problematic at pass coverage, but very good at getting probowl votes!!
;)
Coaches must have really screwed him.
Refs screwing him, and now the league is making him out to be a barbaric dirty player...
not fair.

singersp
12-20-2007, 06:18 AM
"Zeus" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

=Z=

"Zeus" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

=Z=

No, it wasn't going to be derailed. We had a couple of posts back & forth & that was the end of it. You're the one who had to chime in & put in your ten cents worth. There's a big difference between responding to a post directed at a person & intentionally trying to derail a thread. You claim to be the 2nd smartest person on PP.O, you should know that.

There is also a little feature here that allows a person to go back & forth between pages. You should give them a little credit for being able to use it. If they don't, so what. You might lose sleep over it, but I don't.

There's also an "ignore button"............use it!

Get over it already Mr. I'm always right & relevant.

As for your claim that ejmat's post contained (*no substance*) Exactly how much substance do you think your 100's of (+1) posts have?

As for Henderson not making the Pro Bowl, it's kind of a disappointment, but like it has been mentioned here several times, it's more of a popularity contest. A big team fan base can repeatedly stuff a lot of votes in for a player & he can win a spot over what others may deem a more deserving player.

ejmat
12-20-2007, 07:11 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

=Z=

"Zeus" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

=Z=

No, it wasn't going to be derailed. We had a couple of posts back & forth & that was the end of it. You're the one who had to chime in & put in your ten cents worth. There's a big difference between responding to a post directed at a person & intentionally trying to derail a thread. You claim to be the 2nd smartest person on PP.O, you should know that.

There is also a little feature here that allows a person to go back & forth between pages. You should give them a little credit for being able to use it. If they don't, so what. You might lose sleep over it, but I don't.

There's also an "ignore button"............use it!

Get over it already Mr. I'm always right & relevant.

As for Henderson not making the Pro Bowl, it's kind of a disappointment, but like it has been mentioned here several times, it's more of a popularity contest. A big team fan base can repeatedly stuff a lot of votes in for a player & he can win a spot over what others may deem a more deserving player.

Yeah!
What Singer said!!!
So SInger, how many Culpepper jerseys did you have?
LOL.
Just kidding!
;D

marstc09
12-20-2007, 09:55 AM

Actually, 7 pro-bowlers is pretty damn good for any team. Most of those players got in on name alone (Sharper, Richardson) but I'm liking that we have 7 pro-bowlers. How many did the packers get?

Are you kidding me? This guy is having a pro bowl year!

audioghost
12-20-2007, 10:02 AM
"marstc09" wrote:

Actually, 7 pro-bowlers is pretty gol 'darnit good for any team. Most of those players got in on name alone (Sharper, Richardson) but I'm liking that we have 7 pro-bowlers. How many did the packers get?

Are you kidding me? This guy is having a pro bowl year!

Henderson is having a great year but look at the dudes ahead of him...Willis has like 40 more tackles than EJ and Tatupu has basically the same amount of tackles but 2 more INTs and 2 more forced fumbles...Henderson has great stats...but he's gonna have to do better than that to beat out Tatupu because Tatupu's run in that Super Bowl year has made him more of a recognizable name and fans tend to give the benefit of the doubt to dudes like Tatupu...Henderson needs to have Willis type numbers to get on a Pro Bowl...however, once you've made one its way easier to get on the roster from then on...

marstc09
12-20-2007, 08:45 PM
"pack93z" wrote:

Congrats of 7 making the pro bowl... but I agree on the MLB... EJ and Barnett got worked over.

On how in the world does Sharper make the Pro Bowl? Sorry but that was a cheap trip to HI.

How the hell does Al Harris make it?

marstc09
12-20-2007, 08:52 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

Hey Singer.

It's all good Singer.
;D.

;)

Why the hell would you have 25 Moss jerseys?

BadlandsVikings
12-20-2007, 08:58 PM
"marstc09" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

Hey Singer.

It's all good Singer.
;D.

;)

Toilet paper gets expensive :D

COJOMAY
12-20-2007, 09:00 PM

So Ned can burn 'em?

singersp
12-20-2007, 10:07 PM
"COJOMAY" wrote:

So Ned can burn 'em?

Hell, Ned still has one of the authentic Moss signature jerseys that I gave him. I believe it's the only jersey he owns now. LOL

V4L
12-20-2007, 10:24 PM
There is no solid SS in the NFC really

Sharper is solid

EJ will make it in the next 2 years like I called like 5 years ago

singersp
12-20-2007, 10:51 PM
"V4L" wrote:

Sharper is solid

Even if he does, it's not that big of a deal to me.

What's important is how well he plays for us thru 16 games plus the playoffs. He's having a very good year for us & not making it to the Pro Bowl is not going to diminish what he has done for the Vikings one iota.

V4L
12-20-2007, 10:53 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"V4L" wrote:

Sharper is solid

Even if he does, it's not that big of a deal to me.

What's important is how well he plays for us thru 16 games plus the playoffs. He's having a very good year for us & not making it to the Pro Bowl is not going to diminish what he has done for the Vikings one iota.

Your right

But I like seeing the Vikes representing for us

And alot of players see it as a huge accomplishment

He is playin at probowl level thats for sure

ejmat
12-21-2007, 07:52 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"COJOMAY" wrote:

So Ned can burn 'em?

Hell, Ned still has one of the authentic Moss signature jerseys that I gave him. I believe it's the only jersey he owns now. LOL

Be careful here.
Zeus may call you out for derailing the thread again.

NordicNed
12-21-2007, 09:07 AM
"ejmat" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"COJOMAY" wrote:

So Ned can burn 'em?

Be careful here.

Hell Singer, I traded that about a year ago, for a night with a really hot hooker.... ;D

Zeus
12-21-2007, 09:07 AM
"ejmat" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"COJOMAY" wrote:

So Ned can burn 'em?

Be careful here.

J'accuse!

=Z=

ejmat
12-21-2007, 09:38 AM
"Zeus" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"COJOMAY" wrote:

So Ned can burn 'em?

Be careful here.

J'accuse!

=Z=

LOL.
Is that Jackass in German?

singersp
12-22-2007, 07:08 AM
"ejmat" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"COJOMAY" wrote:

So Ned can burn 'em?

Be careful here.

J'accuse!

=Z=

LOL.
Is that Jackass in German?

It's French & means bitter denunciation or public condemnation.

Marrdro
12-22-2007, 10:24 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

So Ned can burn 'em?

Be careful here.

J'accuse!

=Z=

LOL.
Is that j~~~~~~s in German?

I don't have the book lernin or schoolin that some of you have........

Does it also mean that Ejmat has a way of making a funny at the appropriate time as well?
;D

(You guys do crack me up)

ejmat
12-24-2007, 11:58 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

So Ned can burn 'em?

Be careful here.

J'accuse!

=Z=

LOL.

Does it also mean that Ejmat has a way of making a funny at the appropriate time as well?

;D

Wow.
I wouldn't want to be condemned publically or anything.
The real question is here, how many TJack jerseys does Singer have?
;D ;D

singersp
12-24-2007, 12:12 PM
"ejmat" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

So Ned can burn 'em?

Be careful here.

J'accuse!

=Z=

LOL.

;D

Wow.

;D ;D

ejmat
12-24-2007, 12:59 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

So Ned can burn 'em?

Be careful here.

J'accuse!

=Z=

LOL.

;D

Wow.

;D ;D

Damn!
That still beats me.
LOL