PDA

View Full Version : Can You Say UGLY first Half/Poor Play Calling!!

Frostbite
12-17-2007, 10:09 PM
When oh when will we use our running backsto full advantage with more passes out of the backfield to Peterson and Taylor??

This is a lousy 5-8 team folks....In spite of the TOs the offensive play calls are totally weak!!!

Does the O-coordinator know we need to pull out all of the stops and get moving!

We better come out in the second half with a much better offensive scheme.

Cheers!

marstc09
12-17-2007, 10:16 PM
I do not think it is poor playing calling. Turnovers are the reason we are losing.

PurplePeopleEaters
12-17-2007, 10:18 PM
When we can't run, Jackson reverts back to the old Jackson. That pass was so stupid and ugly. This team is playing to not lose, not to win.

Jereamiah
12-17-2007, 10:19 PM
"marstc09" wrote:

I do not think it is poor playing calling. Turnovers are the reason we are losing.
That and the bears starting position every series! DO NOT LET KORNHOLER CALL THE PLAYS CHILLY! No more squib kicks!

phillyviking
"marstc09" wrote:

I agree. Turnovers have killed us. Hold onto the ball and we are tied at worst.

Ugly, ugly throw by Jackson on the interception just before the half.

Let's hope AD and the offense can get untracked in the second half. Skol Vikes.

digital420
the first int was off a WR, poor pass maybe. but it was off the receiver.

second... was just pooor passing.

we are moving the ball, we are stopping them. we MUST win!!

DiGiTaL

ps.. and yes it's 5 am and i've been up all nite watching!!

jessejames09
12-17-2007, 10:20 PM
Poor play calling?? Poor execution makes the best play calls look like shit.

People who try to blame every loss on Chilly are ignorant.

Frostbite
"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:

When we can't run, Jackson reverts back to the old Jackson. That pass was so stupid and ugly. This team is playing to not lose, not to win.

Correct assessment here. It's time for the O-coordinator to open up the play book and see if the Bears can keep up defensively?

Cheers!

jargomcfargo
"Frostbite" wrote:

When oh when will we use our running backsto full advantage with more passes out of the backfield to Peterson and Taylor??

This is a lousy 5-8 team folks....In spite of the TOs the offensive play calls are totally weak!!!

Does the O-coordinator know we need to pull out all of the stops and get moving!

Cheers!

Agreed. Offensive play calling has been terrible.
Execution hasn't been good either.
And it would appear that Tarvaris Jackson may finally lose a game for us.
Let me ask this. The Bears are just stuffing everyone in close to defend the run; SO WHERE IS THE BOMB?
Stretch the damn field, then run.
And why is Wade back on punts?
The Vikings may come back and win, but they don't look like a playoff caliber team tonight.

cogitans
calm them down in the half I say. If we can get out of the turnovers we'll get some drives going, and the Bears will help by beating themselves.

CanuckVike
12-17-2007, 10:21 PM
That's the thing with being a GOOD quality QB...it's not just being able to play a good game...ya gotta play consistently and when the national spot light is on you...Jackson looks nervous to me...and Perterson doesn't seem to be hitting the holes or the sides like he did before he got his knee hurt...I don't know if he's tentative or what.
Anyone else think that?

baumy300
12-17-2007, 10:31 PM
"jargomcfargo" wrote:

"Frostbite" wrote:

Cheers!

Let me ask this. The Bears are just stuffing everyone in close to defend the run; SO WHERE IS THE BOMB?
Stretch the gol 'darnit field, then run.
The Vikings may come back and win, but they don't look like a playoff caliber team tonight.

I love your idea, but how are you going to run a bomb with Ferguson and Wade? They are slower than I am...

We need more Rice. Where has he been?

PurpleGator
12-17-2007, 10:34 PM
I think we need to try running to the left.

The right doesn't seem to be working.

Peterson08
12-17-2007, 10:37 PM
ABOUT TIME

hx38596
12-17-2007, 10:50 PM
:-X

I feel like puking!
Bears O is AWFUL!!!!!
They are keeping them in the bgame!
RUN RUN!!

hx38596
12-17-2007, 10:57 PM
"hx38596" wrote:

I feel like puking!
Bears O is AWFUL!!!!!
RUN RUN!!

Get the ball to the playmakers!!
CT, AD, and where the hell is RICE????

ultravikingfan
12-17-2007, 11:08 PM
"hx38596" wrote:

I feel like puking!
Bears O is AWFUL!!!!!
RUN RUN!!

There D is keeping them in the game with the picks and stopping us.

Garland Greene
12-17-2007, 11:10 PM
"hx38596" wrote:

"hx38596" wrote:

I feel like puking!
Bears O is AWFUL!!!!!
RUN RUN!!

Get the ball to the playmakers!!
CT, AD, and where the hell is RICE????

Sounds like Rice has a Ankle/leg injury. Hopefully he just tweaked it a little bit.

hx38596
12-17-2007, 11:14 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"hx38596" wrote:

I feel like puking!
Bears O is AWFUL!!!!!
RUN RUN!!

There D is keeping them in the game with the picks and stopping us.

Yeah, that's right... I was talking about our O... but bears D is doing a great job.
Funny how lately the Vikes inspire the opponents best D performance ALL YEAR.
When has these bears or 9'ners had a better D game????

josdin00
12-17-2007, 11:59 PM
I apologize. It was my birthday on Sunday, and my Wife (a Bears fan) gave me a Peterson (away) jersey. I foolishly wore it for the game instead of the Sharper (home) jersey I've worn all season. At halftime, I switched back, and the Vikings played much better in the second half.

vikes2456
12-18-2007, 12:14 AM
Although he was not particularly bad at returns today, Wade should not be returning Punts. Memo has shown in the past he has deserves the job, or at least Allison

huxx
12-18-2007, 12:24 AM
I agree, but it comes down to when we can fit MEMO in the lineup.
I haven't checked yet but was he dressed tonight?

Potus2028
12-18-2007, 12:54 AM
"josdin00" wrote:

I apologize. It was my birthday on Sunday, and my Wife (a Bears fan) gave me a Peterson (away) jersey. I foolishly wore it for the game instead of the Sharper (home) jersey I've worn all season. At halftime, I switched back, and the Vikings played much better in the second half.

i got an AD home jersey, and put it on the first game of the streak, at the raiders game. my dad has a fran the man throw back that i got for him, he wore it for the first time that game too..

i realized that my dad wasnt at the house, and the fran jersey wasnt out. so i got it out for the second half..

lucky jerseys man!

Mr-holland
12-18-2007, 01:50 AM
Look every team has their bad games, but we managed to win anyway

StillPurple
12-18-2007, 02:25 AM
Even though we won, we took a BIG step back tonight:

- Tarvaris not being accurate with his throws
- Receivers doing nothing
- AP bottled up with no running lanes
- Zone blocking schemes that allow Urlacher to blitz unblocked (hello !!!!)
- Terrible play calling

The defense won it tonight against a terrible Bears offense.

We took a big step BACK tonight.

Syphilis Christmas
12-18-2007, 02:34 AM
i wanted to see more chester taylor tonight...well maybe because he's on my fantasy team.. :-

FreakinVikingsBaby
12-18-2007, 03:35 AM
"josdin00" wrote:

Well don't do it again. Rookie mistakes are killing us! ;)

singersp
12-18-2007, 07:24 AM
"jargomcfargo" wrote:

Stretch the damn field, then run.

"vikes2456" wrote:

Although he was not particularly bad at returns today, Wade should not be returning Punts. Memo has shown in the past he has deserves the job, or at least Allison

"huxx" wrote:

I agree, but it comes down to when we can fit MEMO in the lineup.
I haven't checked yet but was he dressed tonight?

Memo was deactivated before the game.

Marrdro
12-18-2007, 08:04 AM
Why is it when we have a bad game everyone blames it on poor play calling and totally ignores the lack of execution.

Was it a poorly called play that made Fergy cough up the first INT?

Was it a poorly called play that cause AD to cough up the ball?

Was it a poorly called play that made TJ throw the ball to Shank late?

Was it a poorly called play that allowed Urlacher to roam free to the QB as many times as he did?

Comeon my friends.
Sure they could have run instead of pass in situation X or they could have passed instead of run in situation Y but damn, the players need to execute.

This team was not ready to play on this stage.
As I said in my Observation.......

The coaches need to make sure this team is ready (in thier head) to execute at this stage of the season especially when you look at the experience level we have as so many key positions and then the players need to execute the game plan across the board.

Poor play calling indeed.
:o

singersp
12-18-2007, 08:09 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

Why is it when we have a bad game everyone blames it on poor play calling and totally ignores the lack of execution.

Probably for the same reasons that when we have a good game everyone gives Childress credit & ignores the fact we executed.

You & I know my friend...........you & I know.
;)

Marrdro
12-18-2007, 10:15 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

Probably for the same reasons that when we have a good game everyone gives Childress credit & ignores the fact we executed.

You & I know my friend...........you & I know.
;)

Thanks my friend.
;D