PDA

View Full Version : Wedge buster: It's the worst job in football

singersp
12-16-2007, 11:08 AM
TOM POWERS: It's the worst job in football (http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_7733604)

TOM POWERS
twincities.com

Article Last Updated: 12/16/2007 12:17:14 AM CST

There are bad jobs, and then there are "you can't pay me enough to do that" jobs.

Cleaning up after the circus elephants, for example, falls into the latter category. So does working as a crash test dummy. Then there's the person in charge of clearing away road kill on hot summer nights.

PurpleHornsOfDestruction
12-16-2007, 11:16 AM
Thats stupid this guy obviously never played football. I love being the wedge buster. It's the funnest job on kickoff.

Marrdro
12-16-2007, 11:24 AM
"PurpleHornsOfDestruction" wrote:

Thats stupid this guy obviously never played football. I love being the wedge buster. It's the funnest job on kickoff.

I agree with Phod.
He probably hasn't ever strapped it on.
Nothing like laying it to a guy, especially if he doesn't see it coming and is a hell of alot bigger than you.

By the way, Tom Powers is a horses assssssssss
;D

huxx
12-16-2007, 11:51 AM
"PurpleHornsOfDestruction" wrote:

I agree.
I'd personally be signing up for a lot of insurance if I was returning punts.

singersp
12-16-2007, 12:12 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

I agree with Phod.
He probably hasn't ever strapped it on.
Nothing like laying it to a guy, especially if he doesn't see it coming and is a hell of alot bigger than you.

By the way, Tom Powers is a horses assssssssss
;D

He very well may have "strapped it on", but I doubt it was football related.
:P

Mr Anderson
12-16-2007, 12:16 PM
It's the best and worst job in football. The wedge knows you're coming, usually the wedge consists of big guys(like myself, I was on the KR team in HS I'm 6'4 275) and they'd usually send a decent sized guy with good speed as the wedge buster. When you saw him coming, he didn't stand a chance, but if the wedge was slow to form, you're getting cracked hard.

I'd say about 30% of the time Wedge Buster is a good job, the other 70% you're on your ass.

Marrdro
12-16-2007, 12:18 PM
"Mr" wrote:

It's the best and worst job in football. The wedge knows you're coming, usually the wedge consists of big guys(like myself, I was on the KR team in HS I'm 6'4 275) and they'd usually send a decent sized guy with good speed as the wedge buster. When you saw him coming, he didn't stand a chance, but if the wedge was slow to form, you're getting cracked hard.

I'd say about 30% of the time Wedge Buster is a good job, the other 70% you're on your jiggly butt.

It is a very humbling vantage point to see the game from my friend.
;D

V-Unit
12-16-2007, 12:30 PM
If you pay me 3 Gs a year, I'll gladly let you hit me on my ass 5 times over the course of 3 hours.

singersp
12-16-2007, 12:30 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"Mr" wrote:

I'd say about 30% of the time Wedge Buster is a good job, the other 70% you're on your jiggly butt.

;D

And when they retire, they can reminiss about the good ole days while taking their meals in soft & liquid form.

PurpleGator
12-16-2007, 03:08 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"Mr" wrote:

;D

And when they retire, they can reminiss about the good ole days while taking their meals in soft & liquid form.

Your playing in the NFL, it can't be that bad.