PDA

View Full Version : Choice of Vikings jersey to wear today ! Serious self conscious. Jinx? Help

purplepowered
12-16-2007, 09:22 AM
All right now Up until we started the 4 game win streak, I wore my auto'd Rice jersey, which I still have. with same gear other wise on game day but
just before the the first win
of the 4 game win streak I purchased a Peterson Jersey the Tuesday before. Now I havent worn the Rice jersey since but I dont want to wear the peterson jersey too many days before the game and ruin the jinx or anything. I have a williamson, or sharper or my rice I could wear or do I stick with Peterson. Please help! problem being its not a Viking game day

PurpleGator
12-16-2007, 09:34 AM
C. Taylor.

That has been my jersey of choice the last 4 games.

purplepowered
12-16-2007, 09:40 AM
Well being as I am disabled I was I bought a printed Taylor jersey
and went around the corner found another store that was selling the sewn on lettered jerseys for 100.00 so I took back my 70.00 printed taylor and got a 100 sewn on
peterson. A no brainer there. $30 difference. So I HAD a Taylor jersey but replaced it immediately for peterson because I figured I would never get a chance til he was long gone for that price. That was the Tuesday after the beat down of the Packer game. Nothtown SHopping Center and Goldy Shop that
I got the Jersey. Thanks Goldy! No offence to Taylor I will get his this next year. He has a place on my wall next to his autograph on a lic plate. He too is a god! He is willing to share good fortune with AP Thanks Taylor!

purplepowered
12-16-2007, 10:19 AM
ok I am going with the AP AD Jersey cause he is AP All Day so I can wear him everyday! SKOL my dilema is over. Thanks for the one thought purplegator and btw Congrats to Tebow!

Zeus
12-16-2007, 10:31 AM
"purplepowered" wrote:

All right now Up until we started the 4 game win streak, I wore my auto'd Rice jersey, which I still have. with same gear other wise on game day but
of the 4 game win streak I purchased a Peterson Jersey the Tuesday before. Now I havent worn the Rice jersey since but I dont want to wear the peterson jersey too many days before the game and ruin the jinx or anything. I have a williamson, or sharper or my rice I could wear or do I stick with Peterson. Please help! problem being its not a Viking game day

The Vikings are not playing today, so you should NOT wear a jersey.
Pull something other branded apparel from your closet and leave the jerseys until game day.

=Z=

Marrdro
12-16-2007, 11:35 AM
I have been known to wear more than one jersey at a time to include several different hats as well as using the little known stratagy of switching chairs, beer and what food I am eating based on how the team is doing.

My recommendation is to wear them both. If that doesn't work, switch the one that is on the inside to the outside and the one on the outside to the inside.
If that doesn't work just wear one.
If that isn't working, wear the other.

If that isn't working, well hell, usually all the beer I have consumed by that time makes up for a bad showing at that point.
;D

marcosMN
12-16-2007, 11:38 AM
Jersey matters are serious biz, and should never be taken lightly.

huxx
12-16-2007, 11:48 AM
"Zeus" wrote:

"purplepowered" wrote:

Pull something other branded apparel from your closet and leave the jerseys until game day.

=Z=

I'm with you...and it's AP tomorrow

PurpleGator
12-16-2007, 03:13 PM
"huxx" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"purplepowered" wrote:

=Z=

I'm with you...and it's AP tomorrow

Well I am still wearing Taylors.

I will let the C. Carter, M. Bennett, Kleinsasser, and Moss jersey rest.

Eyedea
12-16-2007, 03:17 PM
"Zeus" wrote:

"purplepowered" wrote:

=Z=

Of coure, you can't wear a jersey on a non-game day.

Kinda off topic, but since comming home from college on winter break, the Vikings are 4-0.
At college only 3-6.
Thus, I don't think I can go back to college....

PurpleGator
12-16-2007, 03:23 PM
"Eyedea" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"purplepowered" wrote:

=Z=

Of coure, you can't wear a jersey on a non-game day.

Kinda off topic, but since comming home from college on winter break, the Vikings are 4-0.
At college only 3-6.
Thus, I don't think I can go back to college....

Yep, tell your parents that I support you on this decision.

Turboe
12-16-2007, 03:23 PM
I got the Moss on since he is playing today.

PurpleGator
12-16-2007, 03:28 PM
"Turboe" wrote:

I got the Moss on since he is playing today.

I can't believe he is with the Pats.

Zeus
12-16-2007, 03:31 PM
I'm wearing a Vikings long-sleeve t-shirt under my Vikings fleeze zip-up.

And a Vikings cap.

No jersey.

At the game tomorrow night, I will be wearing the colors of Purple Jesus.

=Z=

Mr-holland
12-16-2007, 04:36 PM
I have 2 Vikings jerseys

Chester taylor home purple
Brad Johnson Alternate Black.

both have done me good so i'll wear the one that catches my eye the first

PurpleGator
12-16-2007, 05:23 PM
"Zeus" wrote:

And a Vikings cap.

No jersey.

=Z=

Not a big fan of the use of that name to describe him but thats your choice.

singersp
12-16-2007, 05:34 PM
"PurpleGator" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

And a Vikings cap.

No jersey.

=Z=

Actually, the name Purple Jesus was first used to describe a drink made in mass quantity out of cheap booze.....

Purple Jesus

1. The ultimate party juice! Fill a bathtub(preferably a clean one) with grape kool-aid, quartered citrus fruit, Everclear(or another high proof grain alcohol)and ice. Let it sit for a few hours then party on! The best part is eating the fruit towards the end of the party! Enjoy!

2. A large amount of ends of bottles of liquor, mixed together with bug juice, and usually served out of a tub or trash can. Named because it is purple, and will be seen again later.

3. Cheap miscellaneous booze mixed with grape juice, served in a vat or garbage bin that tastes as good as it sounds. (absolutely horrible)

4. Purple Jesus

Ingredients:

1 part Ginger ale

1 part Grape juice

1 part Vodka

1 part Grain alcohol (188 proof)

Zeus
12-16-2007, 05:45 PM
"PurpleGator" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

And a Vikings cap.

No jersey.

Neither I nor Purple Jesus care.

=Z=

singersp
12-16-2007, 05:56 PM
"Zeus" wrote:

"PurpleGator" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

And a Vikings cap.

No jersey.

=Z=

How do you know Peterson doesn't object to being called Purple Jesus?

All I've ever read from quotes of his is he prefers to be called "AD"

Zeus
12-16-2007, 06:01 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"PurpleGator" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

And a Vikings cap.

No jersey.

How do you know Peterson doesn't object to being called Purple Jesus?

All I've ever read from quotes of his is he prefers to be called "AD"

Purple Jesus appears to me in visions, at the helm of a great Vikings longship.

=Z=

purplepowered
12-16-2007, 06:21 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

I have been known to wear more than one jersey at a time to include several different hats as well as using the little known stratagy of switching chairs, beer and what food I am eating based on how the team is doing.

My recommendation is to wear them both. If that doesn't work, switch the one that is on the inside to the outside and the one on the outside to the inside.

If that isn't working, well hell, usually all the beer I have consumed by that time makes up for a bad showing at that point.
;D

Good Point lol Thanks some point noone is going to care but thanks...... I dont want to jinx the game. But I do wear my vikes clothes all the time trust me all the time.....it isnt a matter of choice....It is MY RELIGION>

purplepowered
12-16-2007, 06:30 PM
I do wear jerseys on non game days, depending on what I am doing. If I am just drivng the purple people eater II I gotta show full pride.....if I am at work and drving the PPE 2 then I still show the pride by wearing constnat purrple and maybe if its a divisoion opponant I will either wear a Hey Pack FU t or The pissing on Pack t for pack weeks, or the button up the bears ts for bears week I have hankies proudly draped on car backseat,
also on packer week GB STILL SUCKS in the side window along with pissin on the pack in the other window, I have to get a lion t yet. But I have enuff t's of the vikes for a while but seems to get more and more every year. Trying to get all the division champs ts and sweatshirts i can find in good shape for years past. I should also be wearing my ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS A SUPERBOWL T under the jersey tomorrow night also. But I do wear the same total outfit for the last 4 games now will be five.....I am now superstitius. Since I got the AP jersey the Tues b4 we won.

singersp
12-16-2007, 06:42 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

;D

God, I'm glad you didn't have to resort to wearing the inside jersey you had on under your regular jesey by itself when you were here for the Vikings game.

Granted, it was a Vikings jersey (or at least the remnant of one), but you might have gotten ticketed for indecent exposure.
:P

Marrdro
12-17-2007, 12:08 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

;D

God, I'm glad you didn't have to resort to wearing the inside jersey you had on under your regular jesey by itself when you were here for the Vikings game.

Granted, it was a Vikings jersey (or at least the remnant of one), but you might have gotten ticketed for indecent exposure.

Believe it or not, I retired it after the Lions game. Haven't worn it since.
Only gonna break her out for very very very very very important games.
Tonights game does not qualify.
;D

jmcdon00
12-17-2007, 12:14 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

;D

;D

monday night-1 very
wildcard spot on the line-2 very
division rival-3 very
Yep not quite that important, but if you are waiting for a superbowl it could be a while.

Marrdro
12-17-2007, 12:23 PM
"jmcdon00" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

;D

;D

monday night-1 very
wildcard spot on the line-2 very
division rival-3 very
Yep not quite that important, but if you are waiting for a superbowl it could be a while.

We've gone 6-5 (4 in a row) without it.
I stick with the combination that is working. (New T-shirt, K-will Jersey, Old Hat, Purple Socks provided by Singersp family).

SKOL
12-17-2007, 12:38 PM
You guys (& gals) crack me up.
Millions of Vikes fans worldwide will be drinking beer out of their left hand, wearing jerseys backwards, or inside out, and changing periodically during the game in an attempt to change the tide of the game.
All the while Bears fans are attempting to have the same influence.

Help me to understand, and please don't take offense... is it just for fun, or do you honestly think you influence the game by sitting on your couch?
Or maybe it's just:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/SKOL/drink-in.gif

C Mac D
12-17-2007, 12:40 PM
"SKOL" wrote:

Millions of Vikes fans worldwide will be drinking beer out of their left hand, wearing jerseys backwards, or inside out, and changing periodically during the game in an attempt to change the tide of the game.

Help me to understand, and please don't take offense... is it just for fun, or do you honestly think you influence the game sitting on your couch?

I influence every game from my couch... not really sure what you're talking about.

josdin00
12-17-2007, 12:50 PM
"SKOL" wrote:

Help me to understand, and please don't take offense... is it just for fun, or do you honestly think you influence the game by sitting on your couch?
Or maybe it's just:

It's all karma.

and the Vikings' karma is going to run right over the Bears' Dogma tonight.

jargomcfargo
12-17-2007, 12:53 PM
"SKOL" wrote:

Or maybe it's just:

No offense but I'll bet your'e one of those guys that doesn't believe in Santa Claus !

I typed this with my left hand . My right hand was behind my back with fingers crossed. I'm wearing my underware inside out and threw salt over my shoulder when I finished. It is a game day.
;D

Marrdro
12-17-2007, 12:58 PM
"SKOL" wrote:

Or maybe it's just:

Fanatisism is beyond understanding, however, most fanatics do believe ( ;D) we can influence the game from our coach.

jargomcfargo
12-17-2007, 01:00 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

;D

That thing looked like a purple ghille suit. I didn't get too close in case someone lit a match.
:)

Micah
12-17-2007, 01:02 PM
I will be wearing my adrian peterson jersey and vikings hat while watching the game tonight. I may need to spend the cash to get a sidney rice jersey too.

Marrdro
12-17-2007, 01:03 PM
"jargomcfargo" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

;D

That thing looked like a purple ghille suit. I didn't get too close in case someone lit a match.
:)

I really wish I could remember how long I have had it, however, it was before I joined the Navy in 1981.

Wildwomen is still trying to throw it away.
I want to frame it.
;D

Turboe
12-17-2007, 01:11 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"SKOL" wrote:

Or maybe it's just:

Fanatisism is beyond understanding, however, most fanatics do believe ( ;D) we can influence the game from our coach.

Now what gets really interesting is that while watching a Vikings game on TiVo (that is not actually live) I still feel that I can influence the game.
So now we are not only dealing with fanatisism but are starting to delve into the time space continuium aspects of proper game watching as well.
That is why I always avoid hearing the outcome of a game if I have to time shift with the TiVo some weekend.
Because everygood fan knows that once you know the outcome of the game there is no way that you can change the outcome of the game in a different direction.
But if you dont yet know the outcome, then of course where I sit and what I eat or drink can influence the outcome of things.

Dont be ridiculous otherwise why would those authentic jerseys cost so much, and why are good bratwurst so hard to find?

Marrdro
12-17-2007, 01:18 PM
"Turboe" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"SKOL" wrote:

Or maybe it's just:

Now what gets really interesting is that while watching a Vikings game on TiVo (that is not actually live) I still feel that I can influence the game.
So now we are not only dealing with fanatisism but are starting to delve into the time space continuium aspects of proper game watching as well.
That is why I always avoid hearing the outcome of a game if I have to time shift with the TiVo some weekend.
Because everygood fan knows that once you know the outcome of the game there is no way that you can change the outcome of the game in a different direction.
But if you dont yet know the outcome, then of course where I sit and what I eat or drink can influence the outcome of things.

Dont be ridiculous otherwise why would those authentic jerseys cost so much, and why are good bratwurst so hard to find?

Marrdro gets funny looks from cube mates again as he laughs out loud for no obvious reason.

Classic my friend.
Classic indeed.

;D

SKOL
12-17-2007, 01:29 PM
That's hilarious Turboe.
You know even watching the game live there are pretty significant delays... such as when I watch the game off my antenna it's about 10 seconds ahead of my cable tv.
Once again your influence would involve the space time continuim.

Turboe
12-17-2007, 01:43 PM
By the way in contunuing with the instruction on proper authentic jersey wearing ettiquite.

Yesterday was Moss, as a tribute to a productive Viking from days gone by (and also to help my fantasy QB Brady have a little more success during week one of my playoffs which he tanked by the way thank you very much).

Today is Erasmus during the day.
I am so nervous and excited about the game tonight that I couldnt bring my self to schedule any calls today, so it is a home office day for me today.

After dressing myself in James, I dressed my 3.5yr old daughter in her Sharper jersey for her trip to daycare today.
I specifically instructed her if any kids were wearing Bears jerseys to push them down on the playground when the refs (teachers) weren't looking.

At 5pm (sharp) I will change into the gametime AD authentic (although it is a white jersey) and begin the pilgrimage down into the dungeon (a.k.a. the Vikings Room) for the night.

That is the game plan at the moment.
Unless I have to audible at the line of scrimmage.

....as an aside...Before we left for daycare this morning my daughter said to me in front of my older girls "Daddy I dont want to go school today, I want to stay home and watch Vikings with you today!"
Kind of brings a tear to your eye.
The 12 year old said "you've got her brainwashed!"

But the best one was last night we had probably 20 people from church over for a dinner party that stretched on into the evening.
Some of the kids were playing video games, some of the adults sitting around the table discussing playing a board game.
And I was daydreaming about wishing I was down in the Vikings Room watching some sports when that same 3.5yr old apparently read my mind.
She walks up to me in front of some other people (unsolicited mind you) and said "Daddy lets go downstairs and watch the Vikings"
when I told her the Vikings weren't playing she followed up with "Well lets go downstairs and watch some Golf then!"

I am telling you I almost wept with pride!
I couldnt have scripted her any better.
Who says coaching and repitition dont work with kids!

jargomcfargo
12-17-2007, 02:39 PM
"Turboe" wrote:

By the way in contunuing with the instruction on proper authentic jersey wearing ettiquite.

Yesterday was Moss, as a tribute to a productive Viking from days gone by (and also to help my fantasy QB Brady have a little more success during week one of my playoffs which he tanked by the way thank you very much).

I am so nervous and excited about the game tonight that I couldnt bring my self to schedule any calls today, so it is a home office day for me today.

After dressing myself in James, I dressed my 3.5yr old daughter in her Sharper jersey for her trip to daycare today.
I specifically instructed her if any kids were wearing Bears jerseys to push them down on the playground when the refs (teachers) weren't looking.

At 5pm (sharp) I will change into the gametime AD authentic (although it is a white jersey) and begin the pilgrimage down into the dungeon (a.k.a. the Vikings Room) for the night.

....as an aside...Before we left for daycare this morning my daughter said to me in front of my older girls "Daddy I dont want to go school today, I want to stay home and watch Vikings with you today!"

But the best one was last night we had probably 20 people from church over for a dinner party that stretched on into the evening.
Some of the kids were playing video games, some of the adults sitting around the table discussing playing a board game.
And I was daydreaming about wishing I was down in the Vikings Room watching some sports when that same 3.5yr old apparently read my mind.
She walks up to me in front of some other people (unsolicited mind you) and said "Daddy lets go downstairs and watch the Vikings"
when I told her the Vikings weren't playing she followed up with "Well lets go downstairs and watch some Golf then!"

I'm weeping now! That's the best story I've heard in a long time. You just have to be in the running for the perfect parenting award. Only a half day to go until game time.

SKOL
12-17-2007, 02:41 PM
"Turboe" wrote:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/SKOL/ma-n-n.gif

Marrdro
12-17-2007, 03:09 PM
"jargomcfargo" wrote:

"Turboe" wrote:

I'm weeping now! That's the best story I've heard in a long time. You just have to be in the running for the perfect parenting award. Only a half day to go until game time.

I'm with Jargo.
Post of the week in my book.
;D

Turboe
12-17-2007, 07:37 PM
"jargomcfargo" wrote:

"Turboe" wrote:

Glad I could make your day (or at least afternoon).

I better be careful, or I might loose my "Hamper Hider" title and become "PPO's official parental role-model" or something like that.
I wouldnt want that to happen.