PDA

View Full Version : Vikings - Safety depth

singersp
12-15-2007, 12:57 PM
Will the Vikings try to sign a safety for the remaining of the year to add depth?

Let's keep this thread off the discussion of Smith's arrest & focus on the depth in both of our safety positions.

Safety depth (http://nc.startribune.com/blogs/vikings/?p=1223)

December 15th, 2007 – 11:19 AM

by Kevin Seifert
startribune.com/blogs

It should be noted that the Vikings aren’t exactly flush with depth at the position......

Garland Greene
12-15-2007, 01:18 PM
"singersp" wrote:

Will the Vikings try to sign a safety for the remaining of the year to add depth?

Let's keep this thread off the discussion of Smith's arrest & focus on the depth in both of our safety positions.

by Kevin Seifert
startribune.com/blogs

It should be noted that the Vikings aren’t exactly flush with depth at the position......

Like I said before Keeping that waste of space Tank Williams and cutting Blue was a brilliant idea.
Tank and Doss were both hurt when they cut Blue, but they get rid of him? Has Tank or Doss been healthyall year? Now its coming back to haunt us at a time when we can't afford to take a hit like this in the secondary. Is there even anyone out there that is worth picking up as a short term sol;ution?

PurpleTide
12-15-2007, 01:36 PM
Unless Smith gets some in house punishment, I think he will play the rest of the season. He may miss the first series but will be on the field after that. At this late stage of the year I don't believe they bring anybody else in, it's more likely the kid we just picked up will play if Doss or Tank can't go.

vikesfargo
12-15-2007, 01:38 PM
I agree with PurpleTide. Dwight Smith will continue playing.

It would be great to get Tank Williams back. He hasn't played after the Raiders game. He's not on IR, though, so maybe he'll return to the lineup soon.

singersp
12-15-2007, 01:49 PM
"PurpleTide" wrote:

Unless Smith gets some in house punishment, I think he will play the rest of the season. He may miss the first series but will be on the field after that. At this late stage of the year I don't believe they bring anybody else in, it's more likely the kid we just picked up will play if Doss or Tank can't go.

I'm pretty sure that's what will happen. It all depends on how quickly the NFL takes to invoke it's fine.

The unknown is at what level, if any is he involved in the confidential NFL substance abuse program.

V4L
12-15-2007, 01:56 PM
We'll be okay

He will play unless the NFL decides to suspend him.. I doubt it though

huxx
12-15-2007, 02:45 PM
I really wonder.
Given Chilly's record and the fact that they've been in a shouting match or two, it may be lights out for Smith in Minn.

i_bleed_purple
12-15-2007, 03:05 PM
the vikings can't afford to not have smith play.
If Chilly decides to bench him, i think it would be an awful move.
A great disiplinary move, but an awful coaching move.
At this point of the season with the playoffs on the line we can't afford to sit starting players for disciplinary reasons, especially when our other safeties are all injured.

jessejames09
12-15-2007, 03:58 PM
"Garland" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

by Kevin Seifert
startribune.com/blogs

Like I said before Keeping that waste of space Tank Williams and cutting Blue was a brilliant idea.
Tank and Doss were both hurt when they cut Blue, but they get rid of him? Has Tank or Doss been healthyall year? Now its coming back to haunt us at a time when we can't afford to take a hit like this in the secondary. Is there even anyone out there that is worth picking up as a short term sol;ution?

Tank started 2 or 3 games and played really quite well. Even after Dwight came back from injury Tank was still in on passing downs sometimes.

jsa803
12-15-2007, 04:04 PM
If Tank and Doss are out I think the Vikings could consider moving A. Winfield to safety (If I remember right he has played there before)
and using Griffin and Mccauley at corner with Gordon at nickel (assuming Gordon can play)

Vikes_King
12-15-2007, 07:09 PM
"jsa803" wrote:

If Tank and Doss are out I think the Vikings could consider moving A. Winfield to safety (If I remember right he has played there before)
and using Griffin and Mccauley at corner with Gordon at nickel (assuming Gordon can play)

i believe Gordon can play safety as well

purplepowered
12-15-2007, 08:18 PM
Is Blue still available or i supose he is picked up on someones squad! I havent checked. I myself likes blue. He reminded me of #24 oh crap brain fart. cant remember......former Vike obvious but I think he might still be playing. He was with Cleveland then Arizona.
Corey Fuller, Doing a look up I see Blue is a Lion yeah .

vikesfargo
12-15-2007, 08:20 PM
If the Vikings ever call an open practice session right before they're about to maybe get in the playoffs, I bet everyone on PPo would show up.

Just a thought. A dumb thought.

Go Vikes!!!

purplepowered
12-15-2007, 08:24 PM
I agree I believe I would be there! For sure I do have another Idea that i am going to talk about.

singersp
12-15-2007, 10:06 PM
"purplepowered" wrote:

Is Blue still available or i supose he is picked up on someones squad! I havent checked. I myself likes blue. He reminded me of #24 oh crap brain fart. cant remember......former Vike obvious but I think he might still be playing. He was with Cleveland then Arizona.
Corey Fuller, Doing a look up I see Blue is a Lion yeah .

The Lions signed him.

PurpleGator
12-16-2007, 08:48 AM
"Vikes_King" wrote:

"jsa803" wrote:

Flash Gordon?

singersp
12-16-2007, 09:46 AM
"vikesfargo" wrote:

If the Vikings ever call an open practice session right before they're about to maybe get in the playoffs, I bet everyone on PPo would show up.

Just a thought. A dumb thought.

Go Vikes!!!

Agreed!

;D

Marrdro
12-16-2007, 11:02 AM
"Garland" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

by Kevin Seifert
startribune.com/blogs

And you think Blue was a better option that the rationale of keeping two proven safeties?
Doss has played in 7 games and started 1, Tank has played in 11 games and started 2.
Pretty productive in a few games as well if you ask me.

Comeon, even the rest of the league didn't think Blue was an option.
Look how long it took him to land someplace.

Sometimes I think you look long and hard for things to beeeeyatch about my friend.
;D

Mr Anderson
12-16-2007, 11:05 AM
"PurpleGator" wrote:

"Vikes_King" wrote:

"jsa803" wrote:

Flash Gordon?

No, he's a quarterback.