PDA

View Full Version : D. Smith caught with drugs by Strip club

mblack76
12-14-2007, 06:04 PM
Dunno if this has been posted but I am watching WCCO and they just reported that D. Smith was caught with marijuana by strip club last night :(
The report states that there was a traffic congestion downtown and a cop sounded an air horn for cars to move but a car (D. Smith) was not moving so the cop went to the window to try and get the car moving and smelt marijuana coming out of the car. A search later reveailled there was a small amount of it in the car.
It is also reported that Pat Williams was at the scene of the crime and said he was a Deputy US Marshall. Pats claim however checked out as he is indeed a US Marshall (the Shaquill O'neal type deal)

vikingivan
12-14-2007, 06:06 PM
http://wcco.com/vikings/dwight.smith.vikings.2.611316.html

This is not what we need at this time of the season.
Phat Pat was with him.

Mr Anderson
12-14-2007, 06:06 PM
What a fucking idiot.

What the hell was he doing at a strip club, and why did he have marijuana. And why did the strip club care if he had it?

Hello Kenny Phillips.

vikingivan
12-14-2007, 06:09 PM
"Mr" wrote:

What a fricken idiot.

What the hell was he doing at a strip club, and why did he have marijuana. And why did the strip club care if he had it?

Hello Kenny Phillips.

It is time to release his jiggly butt!
I am just happy that Phat Pat was not ticketed.

mblack76
12-14-2007, 06:11 PM
"Mr" wrote:

What a fricken idiot.

Hello Kenny Phillips.

Well there was a thread here a while back that said D. Smith had turned the corner and I was sceptical about that and many asked why. Here is one reason for all to see. Plus, I see him quite a bit and he is not what the reports said he is (that he has changed)

Vikefanman2000
12-14-2007, 06:16 PM
Stupid SELFISH act!
I guess I just dont understand why anyone would put their job on the line to smoke dope.
To be honest, I have NEVER even tried it....so maybe I just dont get it....whatever IT is....

He has now let down his team, the fans, and himself....for what??
To get high?
What a retard!
Cut his a$$!

hx38596
12-14-2007, 06:16 PM
"Mr" wrote:

What a fricken idiot.

Hello Kenny Phillips.

Um...
having a good time?
Professional football players tend to do that at times.
Their game isn't until Monday night, remember.
I'm sure just out for the night.

ultravikingfan
12-14-2007, 06:17 PM
http://www.turboninjas.com/gallery/d/2940-2/dumbass.jpg

C Mac D
12-14-2007, 06:18 PM
As Vikings fans... we really can't say we weren't expecting something like this to happen.

4 game win streak.

Favorites by double digits.

Expected to be a playoff contender.

And now... of course... This.

El Vikingo
12-14-2007, 06:19 PM
He can have a good time in March,with no playoffs on the line,dumbass-----------

BadlandsVikings
12-14-2007, 06:20 PM
I guess he was asleep through all the Pacman news

http://users.attica.net.nz/~bites/jackass.jpg

jsa803
12-14-2007, 06:21 PM
I disagree that pot is dumb, personally I smoke it everyday and I know it isn't a big deal the onlypeople really against it, havent really experienced it.,
I know alot of players smoke it in the off season and I am totally cool with that (Id smoke with them) but during the season you need to be smarter.
I am worried tho, Will D smith be suspended?
and I agree he is always geting in trouble, correct me if I am wrong but didnt he just miis a start because of disciplinary reasons.

funkyasflea
12-14-2007, 06:23 PM
WOW, release him.
That is the last thing this team needs, some more drama.
How about we get another "love boat" deal going?

hx38596
12-14-2007, 06:26 PM
"BadlandsViking" wrote:

I guess he was asleep through all the Pacman news

http://users.attica.net.nz/~bites/j~~~~~~s.jpg

Going out for a night on a long week towards the end of the season to blow off some steam is way different than any Pacman stunts.

BadlandsVikings
12-14-2007, 06:28 PM
"jsa803" wrote:

I disagree that pot is dumb, personally I smoke it everyday and I know it isn't a big deal the onlypeople really against it, havent really experienced it.,
I know alot of players smoke it in the off season and I am totally cool with that (Id smoke with them) but during the season you need to be smarter.
and I agree he is always geting in trouble, correct me if I am wrong but didnt he just miis a start because of disciplinary reasons.

I take it that you don't have a job

COJOMAY
12-14-2007, 06:31 PM
He was by a strip club.....
What a stupid place to be. A lot of trouble for NFL players happened because of where they are. Shootings, stabbings, fights, drugs, etc. -- they all seem to happen around low class bars and strip club areas. What the heck are these guys thinking? Why would and NFL players even go into these areas.
Find a high class area and pick up a high class hooker if you want to do that. But don't go into these low-class areas. There's nothing but trouble there. They got the money to go wherever they want but yet those that get into trouble seem to gravitate into these kind of areas. That's just dumb!

Vikefanman2000
12-14-2007, 06:32 PM
"jsa803" wrote:

To be clear, I could care a less if someone smokes pot or not.
My point was, is it really that great that you would risk your livelihood to smoke it.
Is it that great that you say F'it to your entire team just so you can smoke it.
Is it that great that you say F'it to the fans that are pumped up for this team...just to smoke it.
Is it soooooo great that it is worth saying "F" the NFL (Your employer)...the organization that has made you a very rich man.

Of course, this was the same guy laughing in GB saying that the fans take this stuff more serious then the players....
I guess I do....because, right now, I wouldnt pi$$ on D. Smith if he was on fire.
As far as I am concerned...his actions said FU to me.....I say...FU to him!
Cut him....his talent is not worth dealing with his ME attitude.

funkyasflea
12-14-2007, 06:32 PM
"BadlandsViking" wrote:

"jsa803" wrote:

Yeah, the benifits to pot vs the punishment for getting caught with it by your job is NOWHERE worth it.
Anyone who has a job, smokes, and could get fired for it is an idiot.
In no way is a high worth losing your job over.
All it takes is one random drug test and your done.
Then you ge tto tell every job yo uinterview for that you got fired for drug use...that looks great on a resume.

hx38596
12-14-2007, 06:37 PM
"COJOMAY" wrote:

What a stupid place to be. A lot of trouble for NFL players happened because of where they are. Shootings, stabbings, fights, drugs, etc. -- they all seem to happen around low class bars and strip club areas. What the heck are these guys thinking? Why would and NFL players even go into these areas.
Find a high class area and pick up a high class hooker if you want to do that. But don't go into these low-class areas. There's nothing but trouble there. They got the money to go wherever they want but yet those that get into trouble seem to gravitate into these kind of areas. That's just dumb!

LOL... Tell me, do these places exist in minn/st paul?
I think only vegas, but i may be wrong.
I would like to find a place that is both high class, and has high class hookers as well.
What a place that would be!

Mr Anderson
12-14-2007, 06:38 PM
"hx38596" wrote:

"Mr" wrote:

What a fricken idiot.

Hello Kenny Phillips.

Um...
having a good time?
Professional football players tend to do that at times.
Their game isn't until Monday night, remember.
I'm sure just out for the night.

Wanna have a good time? Throw a party at your multi-million dollar house. Get the strippers to come to you.

Too much bullshit happens outside of clubs with NFL players, not just strip clubs either.

jsa803
12-14-2007, 06:38 PM
"BadlandsViking" wrote:

"jsa803" wrote:

I actually have two so shove it.
I cant hate on him for smoking when I do it thats my point. I know they all do it during the offseason, remember kelly campbell??????Haven't you tried it? were you alive in high school or were u a uptight guy with

few friends outside this website?

BadlandsVikings
12-14-2007, 06:40 PM
"jsa803" wrote:

"BadlandsViking" wrote:

"jsa803" wrote:

I cant hate on him for smoking when I do it thats my point. I know they all do it during the offseason, remember kelly campbell??????
are you one of those up tight guys that has very few friends outside this website?

Nope

I hope your employers don't smell that crap on you, I wouldn't want you to lose your pot money.

jsa803
12-14-2007, 06:43 PM
"BadlandsViking" wrote:

"jsa803" wrote:

"BadlandsViking" wrote:

"jsa803" wrote:

I cant hate on him for smoking when I do it thats my point. I know they all do it during the offseason, remember kelly campbell??????
are you one of those up tight guys that has very few friends outside this website?

Nope

I hope your employers don't smell that crap on you, I wouldn't want you to lose your pot money.

I dont care if they smell it, I dont hide the fact I blaze, its a fun thing I do with my friends and I love it.
Plus Im a college student so nojobs piss check me.
And i bet if i got caught id make more money selling green then you do ever.

jsa803
12-14-2007, 06:46 PM
If you haven't tried pot your opinion on the matter doesn't hold much merit because you literaly dont know what you are talking about, all I am asking is "is this possesion citation going to call for a suspension? because as much as he fucked up with Doss out we need him.

BadlandsVikings
12-14-2007, 06:46 PM
"jsa803" wrote:

"BadlandsViking" wrote:

"jsa803" wrote:

"BadlandsViking" wrote:

"jsa803" wrote:

Nope

I dont care if they smell it, I dont hide the fact I blaze, its a fun thing I do with my friends and I love it.
Plus Im a college student so nojobs piss check me.
And i bet if i got caught id make more money selling green then you do ever.

I highly dought that...do you get a 401K and health care benefits selling pot?

tb04512
12-14-2007, 06:54 PM
"jsa803" wrote:

If you haven't tried pot your opinion on the matter doesn't hold much merit because you literaly dont know what you are talking about, all I am asking is "is this possesion citation going to call for a suspension? because as much as he fucked up with Doss out we need him.

ive tried it, waste of money and time imo, smith is an idiot for putting himself in a position to get caught, i still dont think we should cut him

but what im really mad at is why the media would put this out when we have a game coming up dont they care about our vikes
:P

Vikefanman2000
12-14-2007, 06:54 PM
I cant hate on him for smoking when I do it thats my point. I know they all do it during the offseason, remember kelly campbell??????Haven't you tried it? were you alive in high school or were u a uptight guy with

few friends outside this website?
[/quote]

Since you brought it up....How is Kelly these days?
Besides not working in the NFL...I mean.
Just curious how his "pot is more important then football" plan worked out?
Maybe Sticky Ricky could chime in?
Perhaps SOD Smith might have an opinion about the merits of smoking pot.
Like I said....I could care a less if you smoke it......but last I checked....like it or not, it is not legal in this country.
Again...do what you like....but is it truely worth it?
I do not have to TRY it to have an opinion on the subject.....
That is as dumb as saying that I need to TRY drunk driving, before I call someone out for going out and doing it.
Just my SQUARE 2 cents.

mblack76
12-14-2007, 06:59 PM
The issue is that he is just wreckless and puts himself in tough situations. I know he is first of all an individual before a pro player but with the history he has one would think he would be more careful.

Overlord
12-14-2007, 07:04 PM
"Mr" wrote:

Wanna have a good time? Throw a party at your multi-million dollar house. Get the strippers to come to you.

Too much bullshit happens outside of clubs with NFL players, not just strip clubs either.

Why not rent out a boat?
Oh, wait...
Okay, you're right.
Do the smart thing and stay at your white house.

I really could care less if a guy wants to go to a strip club.
It's legal and it's a good time.
I also have enjoyed going to strip clubs in the past.
Guys like Pacman don't get in trouble because they go to strip clubs.
They get in trouble because they go to strip clubs with a bunch of other jerks carrying guns and looking for fights.

Smoking pot also isn't that big of a deal, but it is against the law and the NFL will suspend him for it.
He did it to have fun, because he likes it, and because he didn't think he'd get caught.
He got caught and he's going to pay for it.
He made a bad choice.
That's life.

I'm thinking that he won't be suspended until he pleads guilty, so it might not be an issue until next year.
Unless the Vikes let him go.

Also, Pat Williams is a Deputy U.S. Marshall?
Awesome.
Just awesome.

nephilimstorm
12-14-2007, 07:04 PM
Great, this is just wonderful news... ??? WTF is he thinking :(

ItalianStallion
12-14-2007, 07:12 PM
"jsa803" wrote:

If you haven't tried pot your opinion on the matter doesn't hold much merit because you literaly dont know what you are talking about, all I am asking is "is this possesion citation going to call for a suspension? because as much as he ~messed up~ up with Doss out we need him.

I haven't done heroin either, have you?

NodakPaul
12-14-2007, 07:18 PM
fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck.

I think that just about sums it up.

BadlandsVikings
12-14-2007, 07:21 PM
http://www.ubk.dk/funny-pics/harry-pothead.jpg

litlharsh
12-14-2007, 07:28 PM
haha Everything Pat does is awesome.

singersp
12-14-2007, 07:31 PM
"jsa803" wrote:

Obviously. In case you haven't heard possession of pot is illegal in this state, not to mention against both league & team policies. Childress should make a stand right now & impose a punishment himself.

This is not Smith's first offense. If you recall he was caught with his pants down banging a chick on a stairwell.

scottishvike
12-14-2007, 07:33 PM
I don't get it with these guys, you earn a shed load of money doing a job that most fans would do for free and then you go risk it all for the sake of a joint or two. Hell if he wants to get wrecked wait till the end of his career, it's not that long compared to having a real job. Regardless of what you think about marijuana the fact is he shouldn't have done it and he must know that, can't we get through one season without something like this happening?

COJOMAY
12-14-2007, 07:37 PM
They get in trouble because they go to strip clubs with a bunch of other jerks carrying guns and looking for fights.

That's only partially right. It happens mostly because some dude wants to be a big man and pick a fight with an NFL player. Or he resents him making all the money he does. Or he wants to rob him. It's absolutely stupid to go into places like that.

GreenBaySlackers
12-14-2007, 07:39 PM
"ItalianStallion" wrote:

"jsa803" wrote:

If you haven't tried pot your opinion on the matter doesn't hold much merit because you literaly dont know what you are talking about, all I am asking is "is this possesion citation going to call for a suspension? because as much as he ~messed up~ up with Doss out we need him.

ahhh, then you haven't lived!

(kidding)

SXE

singersp
12-14-2007, 07:40 PM

::) Um, the jerks with the guns happen to be Pacman's posse.

Overlord
12-14-2007, 07:40 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"jsa803" wrote:

Obviously. In case you haven't heard possession of pot is illegal in this state, not to mention against both league & team policies. Childress should make a stand right now & impose a punishment himself.

The question is whether he will be suspended immediately or after a hearing.
The drug policy requires either a postive test, an admission of use, a guilty/no contest plea, or a conviction.
The article states that Smith admitted to police officers that he was smoking, so maybe that's enough.
I'm not sure, though.
It might have to be an admission to a team or league official, or a public admission.

I think it will turn out to be a big difference if they wait until a hearing that might be a month or two down the road.
If they wait for a hearing, he probably won't be suspended until next year.

This is not Smith's first offense. If you recall he was caught with his pants down banging a chick on a stairwell.

My memory of this is that Smith was deactivated for 1 game by the Vikings for that, and that the NFL did nothing.
In terms of the substance abuse policy, my understanding is that this would be his first incident and therefore call for a 4 game suspension.
I'd be interested to know if i was wrong about that, since this is just based on memory.

ItalianStallion
12-14-2007, 07:41 PM
"GreenBaySlackers" wrote:

"ItalianStallion" wrote:

"jsa803" wrote:

ahhh, then you haven't lived!

(kidding)

SXE

Apparently
::)

COJOMAY
12-14-2007, 07:42 PM
The place:
http://main.dejavu.com/clubs/22/index.php

Overlord
12-14-2007, 07:46 PM
"singersp" wrote:

::) Um, the jerks with the guns happen to be Pacman's posse.

Yep, that's the point.
Pacman and his buddies are going to get in trouble no matter where they go.
That's just who they are.
Plenty of people go to strip clubs without incident.

So I don't think Dwight Smith going to a strip club is a big deal.
He's a rich, 29-year old, single man.
So what if he likes drinking beer and looking at naked chicks?

Of course, he was smoking up and got caught.
That counts against him, as he has no doubt figured out by now.

BadlandsVikings
12-14-2007, 07:47 PM
"COJOMAY" wrote:

The place:

Couch Dance: $20

All day: Door $8, Drink $8

It doesn't mention pot
:D

ItalianStallion
12-14-2007, 07:48 PM
"Overlord" wrote:

My memory of this is that Smith was deactivated for 1 game by the Vikings for that, and that the NFL did nothing.
In terms of the substance abuse policy, my understanding is that this would be his first incident and therefore call for a 4 game suspension.
I'd be interested to know if i was wrong about that, since this is just based on memory.

That was before Goodell decided to crack down on character.

I think it's safe to say Dwight will be missing some time, either team or league imposed.
Is Tank still hurt?

Bkfldviking
12-14-2007, 07:48 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"jsa803" wrote:

Some don't understand the definition of the word "illegal", and some parts of society thinks athletes should get special treatment >:(
When personal habits take presedence over personal responsibility, that is not a person I want.
Cut him!!!!

COJOMAY
12-14-2007, 07:50 PM
Smith cited for marijuana possession
December 14th, 2007 – 5:01 PM by Kevin Seifert
http://nc.startribune.com/blogs/vikings/

Vikings S Dwight Smith was ticketed Thursday night in downtown Minneapolis for misdemeanor possession of marijuana and obstructing traffic, according to a police report obtained today.

According to the police report:

At 10:11 p.m., a Minneapolis police officer noted Smith’s vehicle impeding traffic at the intersection of 2nd Ave. South and Fourth St. South, near Sheik’s nightclub.

When the vehicle did not clear the lane, the officer approached the car to issue a citation and smelled the “strong odor of marijuana” from the vehicle.

According to the report, Smith “admitted he just got done smoking some marijuana.”

The fine for misdemeanor possession of marijuana is $125 for a first offense. Smith almost certainly will face far stiffer punishment from the NFL under its substance abuse policy, ranging from one game check to a four-game suspension depending upon his status in the league’s confidential program.

This marks the second time in two seasons that Smith has been cited for misconduct in downtown Minneapolis and his fourth legal incident since entering the NFL in 2001.

The most recent citation came in August 2006, when Smith was cited for indecent conduct with a woman in stairwell. Coach Brad Childress suspended Smith for the opening game of last season as punishment for that incident.

Childress also has disciplined Smith on two other occasions, one for missing a team meeting in 2006 and another for what Smith called a “heated discussion” between the two. On both occasions, Childress benched Smith for the first series of the next game.

In an interview, Childress would not say whether Smith will play in Monday night’s game against Chicago.

“We’ve been extremely proactive with the first precinct police officers and the inspector,” Childress said. “The allegations are under investigation and I’ll have further comment after more information comes to light.”

Smith practiced Friday with the team, but the Star Tribune did not learn of the incident after today’s media access period. Smith was not available to comment afterwards.

UPDATE/CLARIFICATION: NT Pat Williams was among the people on the scene of the incident last night. He was not cited but his name was included in the police report. Williams is taking classes to be a reserve marshall in his home state of Louisiana and produced a badge upon request.

While with Tampa Bay in 2003, Smith pleaded guilty to pulling a gun on a motorist. He was fined $225, put on a year’s probation, ordered to take anger management classes and do 25 hours of community service.

In 2005, Smith was arrested for a similar incident outside a fast-food restaurant in Hillsborough (Fla.) County. Authorities elected not to file charges because they could not determine whether Smith was the person who held the gun during the confrontation.

jessejames09
12-14-2007, 07:54 PM
Pat must have been in the vehicle if he was mentioned don't you think. Considering they couldn't really test him maybe he partook in this pot smoking and Dwight took the blame?

But really Pat has gotta be too smart to fuck around with his huuge contract. I was just thinking out loud.

Overlord
12-14-2007, 07:56 PM
"ItalianStallion" wrote:

"Overlord" wrote:

That was before Goodell decided to crack down on character.

I think it's safe to say Dwight will be missing some time, either team or league imposed.

That's actually a good point.
I think 4 games is the minimum and standard for a first substance incident (edit: this is wrong.
Singer is right, the 4 games is a maximum for a positive drug test).
But maybe Goodell thinks that there should be a few more games added to that based on the history of conduct.
I don't think that will happen, but it's possible.

Is Tank still hurt?

He's listed as doubtful on the injury report (link (http://www.nfl.com/injuries)).

singersp
12-14-2007, 07:57 PM
"Bkfldviking" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"jsa803" wrote:

Some don't understand the definition of the word "illegal", and some parts of society thinks athletes should get special treatment >:(
When personal habits take presedence over personal responsibility, that is not a person I want.
Cut him!!!!

The league certainly won't take action before Monday so I don't know whether or not Childress will just bench him or not until the league makes a ruling.

They certainly won't cut him before Monday. That would be stupid. With us playing the Bears that night & the Bears also having an ailing defense, they'd grab him in a heartbeat & pick his brain for insight on the game plan/defensive stategy.

jessejames09
12-14-2007, 07:58 PM
I'm blue, about Greg Blue.... :(

V-Unit
12-14-2007, 08:01 PM
Well, this is just another idiotic move by Smith. If he wasn't around next I wouldn't mind. The correct punishment is a 4 game suspension right?

For the record, I have nothing wrong with marijuana. or the people who smoke it. I myself had a very strong run with the drug myself and loved every second of it. Never got caught (came close) simply because I was smart about how I went about it. Now, I'm out of college, with a good job, working for a company that doesn't test, (yes I have a 401k) and am drug free.

Smith is an idiot because he cannot properly weigh his priorities and because he was doing it in a stupid place. If he waits until he gets home he doesn't get caught.

It's hard, but possible, to be a responsible person who smokes pot. Unfortunately, idiots who engage in illegal activity frequently also tend to smoke marijuana. It's not a coincidence.

It amazes me how I smoked marijuana for 6 years and never got caught, but Smith smokes up in front of a strip club and gets so high he's holding up traffic. Extremely stupid, but if you see marijuana here as the only thing that Smith did wrong here I can't agree with that. I find this equally as stupid as the stairweel incident. The guy just lacks common sense, on multiple levels.

singersp
12-14-2007, 08:09 PM
"V" wrote:

Well, this is just another idiotic move by Smith. If he wasn't around next I wouldn't mind. The correct punishment is a 4 game suspension right?
For the record, I have nothing wrong with marijuana. or the people who smoke it. I myself had a very strong run with the drug myself and loved every second of it. Never got caught (came close) simply because I was smart about how I went about it. Now, I'm out of college, with a good job, working for a company that doesn't test, (yes I have a 401k) and am drug free.

Smith is an idiot because he cannot properly weigh his priorities and because he was doing it in a stupid place. If he waits until he gets home he doesn't get caught.

It's hard, but possible, to be a responsible person who smokes pot. Unfortunately, idiots who engage in illegal activity frequently also tend to smoke marijuana. It's not a coincidence.

It amazes me how I smoked marijuana for 6 years and never got caught, but Smith smokes up in front of a strip club and gets so high he's holding up traffic. Extremely stupid, but if you see marijuana here as the only thing that Smith did wrong here I can't agree with that. I find this equally as stupid as the stairweel incident. The guy just lacks common sense, on multiple levels.

Not necessarily. It could cost him anywhere between a 1 game pay check to a 4 game suspension, depending on his status in the league’s confidential drug/alcohol abuse program.

I don't know if his previous incedent factors into it since it wasn't drug related, but both go against Wilf's Code of Conduct policy. A policy that doesn't seem to be enforced to the degree it should.

Overlord
12-14-2007, 08:12 PM
"V" wrote:

The guy certainly lacks common sense, but that's not a crime.
That just means he's kind of an idiot.
In my mind smoking was the only thing he did that was 'wrong' in a moral sense.

I also checked his contract, and I'm pretty sure this means he's gone next year.
He signed a three-year, $6.5 million contract before the 2006 season.
Of that, $2.5 million is his salary for 2008, and he also has both a $500,000 roster bonus and a $100,000 workout bonus due next spring (link (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_contract.aspx?sport=nfl&id=275)).
I'm not sure what his signing bonus was, but I believe it was fairly small.
So we cut him after the season and save $3.1 million in real money and against the cap next year.
The way that contract was structured, we might have cut him anyways.

It's going to be tough for him to find someone else to sign him if he has a looming suspension though.

COJOMAY
12-14-2007, 08:14 PM
Suddenly the first pick in the draft next year becomes a safety!

vikinggreg
12-14-2007, 08:15 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Childress sat Smith for the first defensive series on Monday and the league fine him a game check....after that who knows, isn't Smith a FA next year? Did he get a year extension on his one year contract from last year.

COJOMAY
12-14-2007, 08:20 PM
"vikinggreg" wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if Childress sat Smith for the first defensive series on Monday and the league fine him a game check....after that who knows, isn't Smith a FA next year? Did he get a year extension on his one year contract from last year.

He'll sit out the whole game if I know Childress.

Mr Anderson
12-14-2007, 08:22 PM
"Overlord" wrote:

"V" wrote:

I also checked his contract, and I'm pretty sure this means he's gone next year.
He signed a three-year, $6.5 million contract before the 2006 season.
Of that, $2.5 million is his salary for 2008, and he also has both a $500,000 roster bonus and a $100,000 workout bonus due next spring.
I'm not sure what his signing bonus was, but I believe it was fairly small.
So we cut him after the season and save $3.1 million in real money and against the cap next year.
The way that contract was structured, we might have cut him anyways.

It's going to be tough for him to find someone else to sign him if he has a looming suspension though.

Agreed, NFL players do not have to live by a different system of morals, however, they must live by different standards. They're public figures, who work for a hard punishing company. Many of the athletes punished by said company were involved in incidents in or outside of clubs.

These players need to start realizing that they need to avoid places, especially stripclubs, open to the public. Go somewhere more exclusive, or bring the party to you.

I wonder what Hutch, Birk, Sharper, Peterson, EJ Henderson, and the Williams Wall do for fun? I'm sure they have fun, how could you not with the money these guys make, and you never hear a peep about them off the field... a lot of other athletes could learn from guys like them. Monsters on the field and quiet off of it.

ItalianStallion
12-14-2007, 08:22 PM
"COJOMAY" wrote:

"vikinggreg" wrote:

Do you?
What's his cell phone #?

skum
12-14-2007, 08:23 PM
Dwight Smith will not get a four game suspension, that would be way to high for that, i think that Childress will either take him out of the first defensive series or deactivate him and start Tank Williams or Mike Doss instead.

vikinggreg
12-14-2007, 08:23 PM
"COJOMAY" wrote:

"vikinggreg" wrote:

When he got caught in the alley last year he sat the first series*

Ooops, he was inative for the Washington game for the stairwell alley thing...probably sit this game

Mr Anderson
12-14-2007, 08:24 PM
"ItalianStallion" wrote:

"COJOMAY" wrote:

"vikinggreg" wrote:

Do you?
What's his cell phone #?

1-800-4CHI-LLER (1-800-424-5537)

litlharsh
12-14-2007, 08:26 PM
"Mr" wrote:

"ItalianStallion" wrote:

"COJOMAY" wrote:

"vikinggreg" wrote:

Do you?
What's his cell phone #?

1-800-4CHI-LLER (1-800-424-5537)
Only texts please, he has unlimited and is too busy to take your calls.

COJOMAY
12-14-2007, 08:26 PM
Our second draft choice:
Jonathan Hefney, FS, Tennessee
Height: 5-9. Weight: 185.
40 Time: 4.42.
Projected Round: 2.
A very quick safety with a nose for the ball; made five interceptions in 2006 after three the previous season. An excellent return specialist. Currently the top-rated free safety in the 2008 class after Kenny Phillips.

Phillips will go in the top 10

happy camper
12-14-2007, 08:37 PM
Smith missed a MNF game last year because he got caught with the girl in the stairway. I say, sit his ass down for this upcoming game. Another MNF game.

wierstom
12-14-2007, 08:55 PM
ya know i dont want this to sound racist but theese young players work hard to be great players and get out of poverty and the slums then when they get money they go back to the slums and get in trouble i dont get it

baumy300
12-14-2007, 08:58 PM
"wierstom" wrote:

ya know i dont want this to sound racist but theese young players work hard to be great players and get out of poverty and the slums then when they get money they go back to the slums and get in trouble i dont get it

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/597/thats20racist1jzow2.gif

kramer9guy
12-14-2007, 08:58 PM
D. Smith doesn't seem to fit within the culture of accountability that this team has tried to create since Coach Childress came aboard. He had problems before coming to the Vikes and now has had two major public run-ins with the law since he's been on this team. I remember Mike Tomlin vouching for him when he first got here. Now, Tomlin is gone and this has happened, I think his days are numbered in Minnesota. Currently, I think a multi-game suspension and fine are more than called for and then, when the season ends, so should Smith's career as a Viking.

marstc09
12-14-2007, 09:00 PM
He needs to be smarter about stuff like this. I think it comes down to these guys thinking they are untouchable. What was he thinking smoking by a cop anyway? Use some common sense when smoking. I don't agree with anyone getting on this guy for what he does in his personal life. It is not any of our business. I don't care if it is illegal or against league rules.It is not like any of us are perfect citizens. Should he have waited til after the season? No. Should he have smoke before arriving at the club? Yes. This guy has not learned from the last incident. My guess is that he will never learn.

clark_griswold
12-14-2007, 09:01 PM
"kramer9guy" wrote:

D. Smith doesn't seem to fit within the culture of accountability that this team has tried to create since Coach Childress came aboard. He had problems before coming to the Vikes and now has had two major public run-ins with the law since he's been on this team. I remember Mike Tomlin vouching for him when he first got here. Now, Tomlin is gone and this has happened, I think his days are numbered in Minnesota. Currently, I think a multi-game suspension and fine are more than called for and then, when the season ends, so should Smith's career as a Viking.

co-sign...the guy still thinks he just won the superbowl yesterday.

marstc09
12-14-2007, 09:02 PM
"wierstom" wrote:

Money is the root of all evil.

PurpleGator
12-14-2007, 09:10 PM
Just when things are going smooth.
I am so upset at this.
This could cost us our good season.
What a distraction and it hurts the team because now he will be out.

What an idiot!

jessejames09
12-14-2007, 09:14 PM
Thinking out loud again. If Dwight is out of out plans for the year maybe try AW at safety. I've always wanted to see him at safety (maybe just for the hits lol). But our CBs played very well when toine' was out and we didn't really miss him all that much.

Plus when we bring 8 in the box we can bring AW closer to the LOS, he can bring a back down as good as a LBer anyway.

I know I'm stupid and he couldn't switch in a week blah blah blah.......

Caine
12-14-2007, 09:20 PM
You Frickin LOSER!!!!

That sums up Dwight Smith's latest escapade.

Last season, you wanted to get "nasty" with a chick ina
stairwell...and what did it get you?
Suspended!!!

This season, when things are FINALLY starting to look up, you decide you just HAVE to smoke some weed?!?!?!?

Fire this clown.

Kick him off the team.

This is absolutely the single most pathetic and SELFISH thing I have read all season.

Hey!!
silly guy!!!
You're a PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL PLAYER!!!
You make more money in ONE season than most of us do in 10 years!!!
You get bank, fame, accolades, and told how wonderful you are every single day!!!

What's your flaming excuse?

YOU HAVEN'T GOT ONE!!!!

You CAN'T have one becuase there ISN'T one!!!!

Doss and Williams are both banged up, you're sittin' pretty in the starting role ona
Defense that's gaining national attention for FINALLY stepping up in all phases....

and you just HAD to smoke the weed, didn't you.

If I sawa you right now, I'd kick you so hard between the legs that your scrotum would be hanging out of your nostrils!!!

Why?

Because you just insulted ME!!!

You just told me, and every other Viking fan, that YOU are more important than the team.
YOU are more important than the hard earned money WE spend to watch you play a friggin game!!!

Yeah?

Well FLOOP YOU, SMITH!!!!
It isn't like you've been setting the league on fire.
Enjoy your suspension, idiot!!

PS:
I hate you!

Caine

happy camper
12-14-2007, 09:29 PM
Anyone else kinda dissapointed Pat Williams was with him?
:-

ultravikingfan
12-14-2007, 09:34 PM
If he is charged with posession of drugs, he will face the NFL mandatory penalty.
I think it is 4 games for him now.

AW is not a Safety, no way.

Dwight Smith is a dumbass, selfish, dipshit.
I do not care what your thoughts are about pot, the laws are the laws and players know they face suspension if they get caught.
The team counts on him to do his job and be a part of a "team".

ultravikingfan
12-14-2007, 09:35 PM
"happy" wrote:

:-\

Roger Goodell will get Pat for "side streaming".

Caine
12-14-2007, 09:35 PM
"happy" wrote:

Very.
But, was he WITH him or just there at the same time (As in meeting up but not together)?

Either way, if you're making that kind of miney and trying to be a Deputy US Marshall, shouldn't you take precautions to distance yourself from criminal activity?

We'll wait and see how the story unfolds, but if Pat's involved, they should bust his butt too.

Yes, it'll hurt the team - probably derail the season - but this type of stupid crap won't stop until players get it through their heads that they are accountable for their own actions.
If I was busted for smoking weed, I'd lose my job...and I don't make millions per year.

Caine

singersp
12-14-2007, 09:39 PM
"skum" wrote:

Dwight Smith will not get a four game suspension, that would be way to high for that, i think that Childress will either take him out of the first defensive series or deactivate him and start Tank Williams or Mike Doss instead.

How the hell do you know? Do you have inside info the rest of us don't have? The drug program is kept confidential so we go not know, any of us, as to what his level in the program is, if any.

If it happens out on the street, we usually hear about it, but if they've tested him for drugs via the drug program & he's tested positive before, we won't know about it until a suspension or disciplinary action takes place.

singersp
12-14-2007, 09:43 PM
"baumy300" wrote:

"wierstom" wrote:

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/597/thats20racist1jzow2.gif

How long have you been waiting for an opportunity to use that GIF Baumy?

jessejames09
12-14-2007, 09:46 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

If he is charged with posession of drugs, he will face the NFL mandatory penalty.

I do not care what your thoughts are about pot, the laws are the laws and players know they face suspension if they get caught.

I'd rather see AW, in at safety over Frampton. And when AW was out our CB play hardly dropped off at all if any. CBs switch to safety all the time, if anyone on our team could play Safety its AW.

AW is not a safety. But i bet he could be a damn good one if needed for the remaining few games of a season.

I understand that won't happen but what do you think we should do come monday, start Dwight or Frampton or try to find a FA?

singersp
12-14-2007, 09:48 PM
"Caine" wrote:

You Frickin LOSER!!!!

That sums up Dwight Smith's latest escapade.

Last season, you wanted to get "nasty" with a chick ina
stairwell...and what did it get you?
Suspended!!!

This season, when things are FINALLY starting to look up, you decide you just HAVE to smoke some weed?!?!?!?

Fire this clown.

Kick him off the team.

This is absolutely the single most pathetic and SELFISH thing I have read all season.

Hey!!
silly guy!!!
You're a PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL PLAYER!!!
You make more money in ONE season than most of us do in 10 years!!!
You get bank, fame, accolades, and told how wonderful you are every single day!!!

What's your flaming excuse?

YOU HAVEN'T GOT ONE!!!!

You CAN'T have one becuase there ISN'T one!!!!

Doss and Williams are both banged up, you're sittin' pretty in the starting role ona
Defense that's gaining national attention for FINALLY stepping up in all phases....

and you just HAD to smoke the weed, didn't you.

If I sawa you right now, I'd kick you so hard between the legs that your scrotum would be hanging out of your nostrils!!!

Why?

Because you just insulted ME!!!

You just told me, and every other Viking fan, that YOU are more important than the team.
YOU are more important than the hard earned money WE spend to watch you play a friggin game!!!

Yeah?

Well FLOOP YOU, SMITH!!!!
It isn't like you've been setting the league on fire.
Enjoy your suspension, idiot!!

PS:
I hate you!

Caine

Don't hold back............Tell us how you really feel.

Redmption
12-14-2007, 09:50 PM
Pat might have been just chillin with Dwight and not smoking. I used to roll with my friends all the time and not smoke with them. Dwight can get his a$$ outta here, but I want to see Pat retire as a Vike. Dwight is always fighting with Chilly and causing trouble, boot his butt

singersp
12-14-2007, 09:50 PM
"jessejames09" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

I'd rather see AW, in at safety over Frampton. And when AW was out our CB play hardly dropped off at all if any. CBs switch to safety all the time, if anyone on our team could play Safety its AW.

AW is not a safety. But i bet he could be a damn good one if needed for the remaining few games of a season.

I understand that won't happen but what do you think we should do come monday, start Dwight or Frampton or try to find a FA?

??? Did you see McCauley play? McCauley is no Winfield by any stretch of the word.

DaVizzles
12-14-2007, 09:51 PM
I dont know if this matters at all but they just said on ComcastSportsNet-Chicago that Smith only had "less then a cockroach" of weed.

What kind of comparison is that?

BadlandsVikings
12-14-2007, 09:53 PM
"DaVizzles" wrote:

I dont know if this matters at all but they just said on ComcastSportsNet-Chicago that Smith only had "less then a cockroach" of weed.

That might not be good, some cockroaches are huge

NYVikingFan
12-14-2007, 10:01 PM
This does not surprise me.
I knew that he was a selfish arrogant bastard and now he has proven me right by putting himself in front of the entire team.
I hope Chilly fires your dumbass after the season is over.

vikes_4_life_42
12-14-2007, 10:12 PM
It's Smoot's Fault!!!!!!!

But seriously, I'm really dissapointed in Smith. I've never been a HUGE fan of him, but I supported him all the same because he was a Viking. But this guy just can't keep himself out of trouble. I liked how he had been playing this year, making some big plays and all. But now, I'm tired of defending him, I'm tired of making excuses for him. He has a responsibilty as a player to stay out of trouble. Playing in the NFL is a privilage, and frankly, he doesn't deserve to put on a jersey and play with any team. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for giving people second chances, and I believe that people can change. But you have to draw a line somewhere. I think someone posted that he has had 4 or 5 legal incidences since becoming a professional? How many chances does he need to realize how much of a dumbass he is being? To me, by going out and taking that chance of getting caught, that's just like flipping the entire NFL organization and fans the bird. What he did was selfish, and you would think a professional would have more appreciation and respect for everyone and everything that got him to where he is than to risk it all on something stupid.

Overlord
12-14-2007, 10:14 PM
"happy" wrote:

Not really.
Him being there probably only had to do with gravity and orbits or something.
Large bodies in motion, something like that.

I'm up in the air enough on the 'is it okay to smoke pot' thing that I don't think I'm going to get on someone for hanging out with a friend that is smoking.
Not that anyone here has really suggested it, but I also don't think it's fair to assume that Pat was smoking just because he was with him.
Maybe he was, but it sounds like the cops didn't think he was.

"BadlandsViking" wrote:

"DaVizzles" wrote:

http://www.entm.purdue.edu/entomology/urban/new_urban/images/jody_pics/Giant_Cockroach.jpg

Zeus
12-14-2007, 10:18 PM
"jsa803" wrote:

You'd make a better argument for daily pot smoking with some quality sentence structure.

=Z=

singersp
12-14-2007, 10:20 PM
"Caine" wrote:

You Frickin LOSER!!!!

PS:
I hate you!

Caine

Petrino > Dwight Smith?

Zeus
12-14-2007, 10:21 PM
"COJOMAY" wrote:

I would not characterize the neighborhood where that club is as "low-class".

Right in the hear of downtown Minneapolis.

=Z=

Purplemania
12-14-2007, 10:22 PM
Greg Blue > D-smith

Zeus
12-14-2007, 10:26 PM
"COJOMAY" wrote:

The place:

No, it was Sheik's, not Deja Vu.

=Z=

singersp
12-14-2007, 10:28 PM
"Zeus" wrote:

"COJOMAY" wrote:

The place:

No, it was Sheik's, not Deja Vu.

=Z=

That's what I read also.

Zeus
12-14-2007, 10:28 PM
"Overlord" wrote:

"V" wrote:

Well, thank God for all of us that we don't live by your moral code.

=Z=

Zeus
12-14-2007, 10:30 PM
"happy" wrote:

I saw the WCCO story - it *never* said Pat Williams was "with him".
Just that Phat Pat was "on the scene".

My guess is that Phat Pat was in the VIP room getting some lapping when someone ran in and told him that Smith was outside getting busted and Pat came out to "help" with his badge.

=Z=

vikes2456
12-14-2007, 10:31 PM
It shouldn't be a crime, however, stupidity at that level should be one

PurplePeopleEaters
12-14-2007, 10:34 PM
Just when we think everything is going well. Oh well, who gives a crap. I would almost rather start Tank or Doss anyways.

Zeus
12-14-2007, 10:37 PM
"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:

Just when we think everything is going well. Oh well, who gives a crap. I would almost rather start Tank or Doss anyways.

Has either of them practiced this week?

=Z=

DaVizzles
12-14-2007, 10:44 PM
"Overlord" wrote:

"happy" wrote:

Not really.

I'm up in the air enough on the 'is it okay to smoke pot' thing that I don't think I'm going to get on someone for hanging out with a friend that is smoking.
Not that anyone here has really suggested it, but I also don't think it's fair to assume that Pat was smoking just because he was with him.

"BadlandsViking" wrote:

"DaVizzles" wrote:

http://www.entm.purdue.edu/entomology/urban/new_urban/images/jody_pics/Giant_Cockroach.jpg

Holy freaking balls! That is disgusting!......Im thinking they were comparing it to a small cockroach.

Zeus
12-14-2007, 10:45 PM
"DaVizzles" wrote:

"Overlord" wrote:

"happy" wrote:

Not really.

"BadlandsViking" wrote:

"DaVizzles" wrote:

Holy freaking balls! That is disgusting!......Im thinking they were comparing it to a small cockroach.

Ummm...I'm thinking some dipshit copy editor doesn't understand what a "roach" is in terms of smoking pot and substituted cockroach because they're stupid.

=Z=

Zeus
12-14-2007, 10:49 PM
http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/12523011.html

Vikings: Drug bust jeopardizes Smith's game status
By KEVIN SEIFERT and JUDD ZULGAD, Star Tribune

Last update: December 14, 2007 - 9:39 PM

Vikings safety Dwight Smith faces significant NFL discipline after admitting that he smoked marijuana Thursday night in downtown Minneapolis.

Minneapolis police cited Smith for possession of marijuana and obstructing traffic, both petty misdemeanors, at the intersection of 2nd Avenue S. and 4th Street S.

The marijuana charge is punishable by a $125 fine for a first offense, but it also makes him subject to the NFL's substance abuse policy as well as any immediate discipline the Vikings might levy.

Coach Brad Childress would not say whether Smith -- a member of the Vikings' veteran leadership group -- would play in Monday night's NFC North showdown against the Chicago Bears.

In 2006, Childress suspended him for one game after Smith was cited for indecent conduct with a woman in a downtown stairwell. He has also benched Smith for the opening series of two other games for disciplinary reasons.

"The allegations are under investigation," Childress said, "and I'll have further comment after more information comes to light."

Smith was among a group of players Thursday night who attended a fundraiser hosted by linebacker E.J. Henderson at Bellanotte restaurant. According to the police report, an officer saw Smith's car impeding traffic in front of Scheiks Palace Royale nightclub at 10:11 p.m. The officer approached the car and "smelled the strong odor of marijuana," according to the report.

The report also said Smith "admitted he just got done smoking some marijuana."

The report noted that defensive lineman Pat Williams was at the scene as well, but Williams was not cited. Minneapolis police spokesman Sgt. Jesse Garcia said Williams played the role of peacemaker and identified himself as a reserve in U.S. Marshall Service of Louisiana.

Smith practiced as usual Friday at Winter Park but was not available to comment once the incident became public.

The incident ended the Vikings' otherwise pristine season of off-field behavior and produced an unwanted distraction as they push for the playoffs. Childress has spoken often about creating a "culture of accountability" since taking the job in January 2006, and the team has not had a player arrested since the start of training camp.

In an interview Friday night, Childress said the team has been "proactive" about educating players on the dangers of downtown social life. Childress said he personally walked the beat with Minneapolis police officers during the offseason, attended a squad meeting and left his cellular phone number on a bulletin board to promote his accessibility with police.

Childress also visited individual nightclubs, including Spin -- where cornerback Cedric Griffin was arrested in April. Childress said he used those visits to develop a detailed video and educational program for players during offseason workouts.

"I don't have my head in the sand," Childress said. "We are always trying to be proactive about these things. I stood up there and told them, 'Hey fellas, I've spent time down there.' Here are some of the things that go on."

Smith, however, had a long history of incidents even before signing with the Vikings in July 2006. Among them:

• While playing for Tampa Bay in 2003, Smith pleaded guilty to pulling a gun on a motorist. He was fined $225, given a year's probation, assigned anger management classes and performed 25 hours of community service.

• In 2005, he was arrested after being in a vehicle in which someone pointed a gun at a group of fans outside a fast-food restaurant in Tampa, Fla. Officials did not press charges because they could not determine whether Smith was the one who pulled the gun.

=Z=

vikes2456
12-14-2007, 11:02 PM
less than a cockroach of weed lmao.

DaVizzles
12-14-2007, 11:05 PM
"vikes2456" wrote:

I didnt make that up....they actually said that

Ltrey33
12-14-2007, 11:06 PM
This is exactly what we need in the middle of a playoff race.

Zeus
12-14-2007, 11:06 PM
WCCO has just run an updated story on the 10pm news.

* Pat Williams was NOT with Dwight Smith.
He was inside the club (Schiek's) and came out when he heard that something was going on.

* Apparently, someone from the mayor's office was asked by a Vikings rep to go to the scene (from a downtown fundraiser for Minneapolis mayor R.T. Rybak) and see what was going on.

* Smith practiced today, but the incident did not come to light until AFTER practice was over.

* Childress has issued a statement that pretty much says he wants the investigation to play out before he acts.

* Smith was charged with 2 simple misdemeanors, one for possession (the less than a roach bit) and one for obstructing traffic.

=Z=

BadlandsVikings
12-14-2007, 11:14 PM
"Zeus" wrote:

He was inside the club (Schiek's) and came out when he heard that something was going on.

* Apparently, someone from the mayor's office was asked by a Vikings rep to go to the scene (from a downtown fundraiser for Minneapolis mayor R.T. Rybak) and see what was going on.

* Smith practiced today, but the incident did not come to light until AFTER practice was over.

* Childress has issued a statement that pretty much says he wants the investigation to play out before he acts.

* Smith was charged with 2 simple misdemeanors, one for possession (the less than a roach bit) and one for obstructing traffic.

=Z=

He must have been getting his belly rubbed

litlharsh
12-14-2007, 11:18 PM
"BadlandsViking" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

=Z=

Pat Williams gets more bitches than I can count to. Nightly.

DaVizzles
12-14-2007, 11:19 PM
"litlharsh" wrote:

"BadlandsViking" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

=Z=

Pat Williams gets more bitches than I can count to. Nightly.

Phat Pat does work!

litlharsh
12-14-2007, 11:22 PM
Phat Pat vs Big, sumo wrestling.

Who wins?

Who does the most work?

vikes2456
12-14-2007, 11:27 PM
"DaVizzles" wrote:

"vikes2456" wrote:

I didnt make that up....they actually said that

That is some funny stuff then

Vikes
12-14-2007, 11:50 PM
I don't know on this one....Smith will be cut but darn this is not what we needed at this point in the season.

Braddock
12-14-2007, 11:55 PM
"Vikes" wrote:

I don't know on this one....Smith will be cut but darn this is not what we needed at this point in the season.

Not if the Chiller is his dealer....

kevoncox
12-15-2007, 12:00 AM
While I'm dissapointed in Smith, I hate some of the wide assumptions that people are making.

1) We have not determined that this strip club is in the "slums" Why do you assume that?

2) I have never smoked weed in my life. However, i don't believe that there is any real reason why it's illegal. Alcohal can kill you but you can buy that freely. Why? It's all about what the US Govt can make money off of.

3) Please don't assume Pat Williams was with him. It just said he was on the scene. He could have been in a car behind Smith and saw the officer arresting him. I typically leave the club with my friends.

4) "Why does he have to go to these kinds of places?" This question registers loudly with me.
You find beautiful women in clubs. Hence why go there. I live in reston Virgina and while it's a nice place to live, it's a terrible place to party. So i party in DC. If I get into an incedent i bet a million people would say why was he in DC. However millions of people go to DC to party. Leaving the safty of your Mansion to go to an area where he can find some beautiful women to party with w/o paying ( i.e strippers) isn't a crime. I doubt he has a large selection of single wealthy African American women in his neighboorhood.

5) He had sex with a woman in a back alley. Are you telling me that you wouldn't have? If you are out at a bar and a beautiful woman propesitioned you to have sex, you wouldn't? Come on please get down off your high horse. Most of you would in a heartbeat.

I just feel like we try to hold these guys to high morals than we hold ourselves. Why is that?
Is it because they are famous? They're still humans. I have had co-workers that got fired from a 6 firgure job for sleeping with someone that worked for them. No amount of money corrects behaviour.
Did Clinton think that he shouldn't be haivng an affair because he was the president?
George W. Bush did coke while he was the president's son? Wealth often creates ne avenues for trouble.

NodakPaul
12-15-2007, 12:16 AM
"kevoncox" wrote:

While I'm dissapointed in Smith, I hate some of the wide assumptions that people are making.

1) We have not determined that this strip club is in the "slums" Why do you assume that?

2) I have never smoked weed in my life. However, i don't believe that there is any real reason why it's illegal. Alcohal can kill you but you can buy that freely. Why? It's all about what the US Govt can make money off of.

3) Please don't assume Pat Williams was with him. It just said he was on the scene. He could have been in a car behind Smith and saw the officer arresting him. I typically leave the club with my friends.

4) "Why does he have to go to these kinds of places?" This question registers loudly with me.
You find beautiful women in clubs. Hence why go there. I live in reston Virgina and while it's a nice place to live, it's a terrible place to party. So i party in DC. If I get into an incedent i bet a million people would say why was he in DC. However millions of people go to DC to party. Leaving the safty of your Mansion to go to an area where he can find some beautiful women to party with w/o paying ( i.e strippers) isn't a crime. I doubt he has a large selection of single wealthy African American women in his neighboorhood.

5) He had sex with a woman in a back alley. Are you telling me that you wouldn't have? If you are out at a bar and a beautiful woman propesitioned you to have sex, you wouldn't? Come on please get down off your high horse. Most of you would in a heartbeat.

I just feel like we try to hold these guys to high morals than we hold ourselves. Why is that?
Is it because they are famous? They're still humans. I have had co-workers that got fired from a 6 firgure job for sleeping with someone that worked for them. No amount of money corrects behaviour.
Did Clinton think that he shouldn't be haivng an affair because he was the president?
George W. Bush did coke while he was the president's son? Wealth often creates ne avenues for trouble.

I haven't been following this whole thread, but here are some relevant points.

1)
It wasn't the slums.
It was 4th Ave outside Sheiks.
That is pretty much right downtown, on one of the main arteries.
Anyone who has driven into Minny on 94 has taken that route.

2)
This is a whole other debate.
First, alcohol and pot are not comparable drugs. Second, there were a lot of political reasons, not the least of which being the repeal of prohibition and issues with the Native American populations, at the time it was made illegal.
But the reasons that it was originally made illegal and the reasons that it continues to be illegal are vastly different, and not something to discuss in this particular thread.

3) KFAN is reporting that Pat was in the car with him.

4)
I have no problem with him going to a strip club.
Honestly, there is nothing wrong with that, and despite what some people may be thinking, there is not a criminal element associated with gentleman's clubs in Minny.

5) The sex was in a stairwell, not an alley, and no, I don't think that everybody would have done the same.
It is not a high horse, it is respect for the woman you are with.

In the end not of this really matters though.
What really matters is that Smith has not been on good terms with Childress anyway, he has had trouble in the past, and this was a very stupid thing for him to do.
I don't expect to see him in purple next year.

PurplePowerPunch
12-15-2007, 12:16 AM
D. Smith is so floop'n stupid, we really don't need this crap right now. First Ray, now him! Hello we're trying to make the playoffs here. Gimme Kenny Phillips from here in Miami. Smith has been in trouble alot in Minnesota, hasn't he fellas?

NodakPaul
12-15-2007, 12:19 AM
"PurplePowerPunch" wrote:

D. Smith is so floop'n stupid, we really don't need this crap right now. First Ray, now him! Hello we're trying to make the playoffs here. Gimme Kenny Phillips from here in Miami. Smith has been in trouble alot in Minnesota, hasn't he fellas?

Not a lot, but more than most Vikings.
There was the stairwell incident, and then a disagreement with Childress earlier in the season.
Other than that there really hasn't been anything of note.

PurplePowerPunch
12-15-2007, 12:23 AM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

"PurplePowerPunch" wrote:

Not a lot, but more than most Vikings.
There was the stairwell incident, and then a disagreement with Childress earlier in the season.
Other than that there really hasn't been anything of note.

You know, you'd think some of this players whould learn their lesson. I guess not with D. Smith. I wonder if Roger Goddell will take any action on him?

Schutz
12-15-2007, 12:32 AM
I guess I just don't see the weed as serious a treat as steroids or anything else.
Players get a slap on the wrist for roids but people are concerned about the gonja?
Meh, next story.

litlharsh
12-15-2007, 12:41 AM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

5) The sex was in a stairwell, not an alley, and no, I don't think that everybody would have done the same.
So you're trying to say that the whole commotion over that issue was because he wasn't respecting his woman? If you're about to have sex in a stairwell, you don't deserve it.

FreakinVikingsBaby
12-15-2007, 12:48 AM
FREAKIN IDIOT!!!! WTF? Trust me, if anybody thinks it's okay to smoke some pot, it's me. However if you are getting paid rediculous amounts of money just to play a sport you better be able to quit, and if not at least wait till off season to smoke. But he dedides to get caught right in the middle of a playoff push? Can we ever be taken serious for more than a quarter of a season? Like seriously, I don't think it would happen, but if we lost our 3 remaining games and didn't make the playoffs it would seem almost typical. What really pisses me off is how he got caught. He didn't get pulled over and searched or something random and understandable like that. He was blocking a cop, and most likely thought I'm Dwight Smith, famous, rich, and I play for your Vikings, you should go around me. Then oh no! How did this happen. Man f**k him.

FreakinVikingsBaby
12-15-2007, 12:49 AM
"litlharsh" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

So you're trying to say that the whole commotion over that issue was because he wasn't respecting his woman? If you're about to have sex in a stairwell, you don't deserve it.

I woulda done it. Hell, I did it in a porter potty at a concert once. That was pretty sweet.

Schutz
12-15-2007, 12:51 AM
"FreakinVikingsBaby" wrote:

FREAKIN IDIOT!!!! WTF? Trust me, if anybody thinks it's okay to smoke some pot, it's me. However if you are getting paid rediculous amounts of money just to play a sport you better be able to quit, and if not at least wait till off season to smoke. But he dedides to get caught right in the middle of a playoff push? Can we ever be taken serious for more than a quarter of a season? Like seriously, I don't think it would happen, but if we lost our 3 remaining games and didn't make the playoffs it would seem almost typical. What really pisses me off is how he got caught. He didn't get pulled over and searched or something random and understandable like that. He was blocking a cop, and most likely thought I'm Dwight Smith, famous, rich, and I play for your Vikings, you should go around me. Then oh no! How did this happen. Man f**k him.

Yeah but that's easy to say from where we as fans are.
What if we were pushed into the limelight, would that change habits we already have.
I'm a big drinker and smoke every once in awhile, but just because you earn big money doesn't change who you are.
He didn't think he'd be caught just like the rest of the population who smoke, doesn't make him a bad person.

x-ray jeff
12-15-2007, 12:59 AM
Hope that was some friken tripweed Dwight. Smart guy. Turn down the tunes, and you would have heard the air horn, pulled over and not been busted. Dipshit.
So will Blue get the position? What is the deal with Doss? I thought he was a hot-shot from the champion Colts or something.

happy camper
12-15-2007, 01:01 AM
There comes a time in everyone's life where you just have to grow up. A time when we are no longer kids and we must face the fact that we represent more than just ourselves. If you are a high profile person who represents a team or organization that more than adequately pays your bills, you can lay off the weed for a little bit. Screwing up once I can deal with. Two times, three times.. you're selfish.

Please cut this guy after this season. Good player, but enough is enough.

Caine
12-15-2007, 01:10 AM
"litlharsh" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

It's called Lewd and Lacivious Behaviour, and it's a crime.

It's called possession of Marijuana and, you guessed it, it's a crime.

While I agree that if some tart wants to play bouncy-bouncy in the stairwell of a public place then she doesn't deserve respect, there's a little thing called SELF-respect.
There's a little thing called public image.
If Dwight Smith cares so little for his own public image, for his teams' public image, and for his leagues' public image, then perhaps it's time for Mr. Smith to go find another line of work.

What's that?
Why should he give up a job that pays him hundreds of thousands of dollars?
Because if he
keeps doing what he's doing he won't have a choice!!!

As for the issue of "It shouldn't be wrong" that some have tossed out there, spare me.
It IS wrong, and that's the point.
So, Dwight Smith willfully and knowingly engaged in ANOTHER act that is prohibited by law...and again the dilrod was caught.
That, to me, establishes a pattern of behaviour which is NOT one which is condusive to the Minnesota Vikings achieving a Superbowl victory in my lifetime, ergo it is one which is detrimental to the team, ergo Dwight Smith does not care about the team, ergo Dwight Smith is a selfish twit!

I don't care ifd it SHOULD be legal...it isn't.
And Smith knew that.
Just like he KNEW he wasn't supposed to have sex in a stairwell.
Just like he KNEW he wasn't supposed to pull guns on people.

He simply didn't CARE.

So, if he doesn't care, why should we?
Cut the dirtbag...then see how long it takes him to care.

Caine

UTVikfan
12-15-2007, 01:12 AM
For our draft needs this year, I have been thinking...what would actually improve us the most. I had thought safety. Now I KNOW safety. Get DSmith outta here. And I hope PatW wasnt' with him. What an idiot DSmith is. Astounding.

vikinggreg
12-15-2007, 01:13 AM
"Schutz" wrote:

I guess I just don't see the weed as serious a treat as steroids or anything else.
Players get a slap on the wrist for roids but people are concerned about the gonja?
Meh, next story.

Most people in sports that get caught for steroids have the string of responses

1) Sample was tainted or tampered with....big during the Olympics, conspiracy out to get me and
my medal.....Ben Johnson with my drink was spiked
2) It was vitamins (B12 injection), supplements or flax seed oil ::)
3) I didn't know I was taking that
4) Oh that’s on the list too

It's funny but the only time somebody actually admits to having take a steroid its to sell their book.

But weed is illegal, stupid and bad......yes it is, but Ray Edwards thread only made 7 pages and this one is over a dozen in a day.

I just find it a little interesting folks were disappointed with Ray Edwards and looking for James and Robinson to pick up their game (then James hurt his knee) while in this thread more than one person is ready to show Smith the door (more anger).
To be honest my first two thoughts for Dwight were go now or be gone soon (his past doesn't help him there).

jkjuggalo
12-15-2007, 01:22 AM
I was advocating for replacing him weeks ago (admittedly after the Packers game) and calling him washed up and a bad teammate (walking off before the game was over and not shaking hands w/ the opponent).
Then he had a couple decent games and had been keeping his nose clean.
I was willing to give him another chance.
Now I am pissed.
This is the last distraction we needed during a push to the playoffs.
He has proven that he is indeed a turd.
I was asking for Kenny Phillips before, but now I am begging for him to be a Viking.
I hope that
Childress makes a smart move and Winfield gets a shot at safety this season.

NordicNed
12-15-2007, 01:25 AM
I'll just say this, it sad when some people only know how to be self destructive to themselves...

He's going to be missing some game time and probably a fine also, just because he wanted to get HIGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhh....

Very Sad, Very Sad indeed... ::)

HornedHat
12-15-2007, 01:47 AM
Yep. Here I am, just a buzzing along all happy and shit, in utter disbelief that my beloved Vikes seem to have turned some kinda corner, after I had all but given up on this season...and this. I'm sorry. I don't have any forgiveness in me. Frig Smith for killing my buzz cause he couldn't control his. Dumbass.

DPep11
12-15-2007, 01:51 AM
Always seems to happen, but hey... it's not THAT bad. I HIGHly (get it?
;D) doubt that the team will let this impact how they play and will continue to play. This team isn't dependent on D. Smith, so it's all good. SKOL Vikes!

SKOL
12-15-2007, 02:05 AM
I wonder if the fact that we're so thin at safety will impact Childress' decision on whether or not to play D. Smith on Monday.
I hope the rest of the safeties can get healthy quick, or we're going to see Phat Pat dropping back into coverage quite a bit more.

Honestly, I'm getting to the point where I don't want him on the team.
Between the drugs, the lewd behavior, and his ridiculous comments it's just not worth it.

cogitans
12-15-2007, 06:09 AM
Beautiful, just perfectly beautiful. I say cut the looser, I don't need to see him on the field on Sundays. It might hurt the team real bad, because he chose to be a selfish idiot.

Personally I have been impressed with his play more than I expected this season, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't cut him in a blink of an eye. Welcome to more playing time Eric Frampton

DeathtoDenny
12-15-2007, 08:48 AM
Having less than 1.4 grams in an automobile automatically knocks the crime down to possession of 42.5 grams or less (enough to roll 50-70 joints) of which the maximum penalty is $200 WITH a conditional discharge for first time offenders. Even though $200 isn't much for a football player, the cop could have done what any cop outside Minneapolis would do: throw the roach on the curb and warn Smith, possibly ticket for not moving his car. Minneapolis cops are just wankers.
He was dumb for having a roach chillin, but this is a really petty crime for all the "cut him!" witchhunt talk. Let HIM work it out with Childress. It's not like the dude had a used crackpipe (Michael Irvin) or electrocuted pitbull carcases in the ride.

NordicNed
12-15-2007, 08:59 AM
"DeathtoDenny" wrote:

Having less than 1.4 grams in an automobile automatically knocks the crime down to possession of 42.5 grams or less (enough to roll 50-70 joints) of which the maximum penalty is $200 WITH a conditional discharge for first time offenders. Even though $200 isn't much for a football player, the cop could have done what any cop outside Minneapolis would do: throw the roach on the curb and warn Smith, possibly ticket for not moving his car. Minneapolis cops are just wankers.
He was dumb for having a roach chillin, but this is a really petty crime for all the "cut him!" witchhunt talk. Let HIM work it out with Childress. It's not like the dude had a used crackpipe (Michael Irvin) or electrocuted pitbull carcases in the ride.

Is that what this is all about?
A 1.4 gram roach?......Thats crazy,
the cop must have been a Packers Fan...

Hell, the plant that Singer Killed in my yard, had leafs that weighed that much...
;D

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y28/cebuned/100_0985.jpg

singersp
12-15-2007, 10:19 AM
"x-ray" wrote:

So will Blue get the position? What is the deal with Doss? I thought he was a hot-shot from the champion Colts or something.

??? Where have you been? Greg Blue was cut from the Vikings before the start of regular season & is playing on another team.

Doss is still injured as is Tank Williams, meaning the only safties we have that are capable of playing the two safety positions is Smith, Sharper & Frampton, who has only been used as a special teamer sor far.

singersp
12-15-2007, 10:23 AM
"Schutz" wrote:

Meh, next story.

::) Tell that to Ray Edwards who is serving a 4 game suspension for using roids that he only got a slap on the wrist.

Smith might only lose a 1 game check or a 1 game suspension. It depends on the level of where he is at in the drug program.

singersp
12-15-2007, 10:28 AM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

3) KFAN is reporting that Pat was in the car with him.

According to Zeus, WCCO is stating P-Will was not in the car with him........

"Zeus" wrote:

So Which is it? Or was he in the club, came out & got in the car after the officer was on scene?

x-ray jeff
12-15-2007, 10:44 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"x-ray" wrote:

??? Where have you been? Greg Blue was cut from the Vikings before the start of regular season & is playing on another team.

Doss is still injured as is Tank Williams, meaning the only safties we have that are capable of playing the two safety positions is Smith, Sharper & Frampton, who has only been used as a special teamer sor far.
Thanks Singer. I looked at the roster listed here, and saw those 2 guys listed as S. My fault for not reading all the news articles :D
Sorry man, it won't happen again.
;D

Marrdro
12-15-2007, 10:49 AM
"x-ray" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"x-ray" wrote:

Thanks Singer. I looked at the roster listed here, and saw those 2 guys listed as S. My fault for not reading all the news articles :D
;D

Depth my friends.
It will make (if you have it) or break (if you don't) a team.

Here's hoping the young kid (Frampton) is ready for the task if called.
I believe he will be if for no other reason than the fact that as our players have gone down or been suspended etc someone was ready to step up.

How about an "Attaboy" for the assistant coaches who make sure the guys are ready to go and for the scouting department who found the guys with the talent to fit into this scheme.

ATTABOY
;D
;D
;D
;D

jsa803
12-15-2007, 10:52 AM
"NordicNed" wrote:

"DeathtoDenny" wrote:

Hell, the plant that Singer Killed in my yard, had leafs that weighed that much...

;D

I dont mean to be a smart ass but a 1.4 gram roach is just about impossible, 1.4 grams of green is around a half eighth which is enough to fill a blunt with some left over. (a roach is the end of a blunt)
Im guessing he bought a eight which is around 3.5 grams smoked a blunt with himself or friends and that was enough to stink up his car and the 1.4 grams was what was left after the blaze session.
My opinion is that he was dumb for doing it during the season, we all know the guys that do blaze do it during the off season so I just wish his dumb ass would have waited until the offseason.
God I am so upset because this really hurts our team, we will probally have to sign a safety of someone's practice squad.
In my frustration I am going to go rip it! hahahah

singersp
12-15-2007, 10:54 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"x-ray" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"x-ray" wrote:

;D

Depth my friends.

I believe he will be if for no other reason than the fact that as our players have gone down or been suspended etc someone was ready to step up.
How about an "Attaboy" for the assistant coaches who make sure the guys are ready to go and for the scouting department who found the guys with the talent to fit into this scheme.

ATTABOY

;D
;D
;D
;D

If the Chiller sits Smith for the game, I can just sense Tuesday mornings headlines.....

"Frampton Comes Alive".

jsa803
12-15-2007, 10:58 AM
"DeathtoDenny" wrote:

You are right, I was driving to the cities with some friends and we got pulled over around cannon falls.
The cop found around a half eighth of weed and some buze.
So we had around the same amount that d smith had.
We got a ticket for the buze and expected one for the pot too but we never got a ticket for that.
It was too little to make a big deal about and I think the cop smoked it, that jiggly butt

PurpleTide
12-15-2007, 12:35 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"x-ray" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"x-ray" wrote:

;D

Depth my friends.

ATTABOY

;D
;D
;D
;D

If the Chiller sits Smith for the game, I can just sense Tuesday mornings headlines.....

"Frampton Comes Alive".

Just so he doesn't sing.... Do you feel, like we do, or Woke up this morning with a wine glass in my hand, what wine, blah blah, where the hell did I die. Smith... you'd better get that head screwed on, you are part of a team and have responsibility to more than just yourself.

vikingivan
12-15-2007, 01:09 PM
Childress has been preaching accountability ever since he became the Vikings head coach.
Now, it is time for Childress to be accountable.
It should not matter if we are in the middle of the playoff race.
It should be no different then
if we were 3-10.
The right thing to do is to cut this stinking loser.
He let down his teammates, coaches, management, owner, and fans down.

Garland Greene
12-15-2007, 01:13 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"x-ray" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"x-ray" wrote:

;D

Depth my friends.

ATTABOY

;D
;D
;D
;D

"Frampton Comes Alive".

Yeah Letting Blue go and keeping the no talented, couldn't stay healthy if his life depended upon it Tank Williams on the team was a brilliant idea.
???

marstc09
12-15-2007, 01:38 PM
"COJOMAY" wrote:

Smith cited for marijuana possession
December 14th, 2007 – 5:01 PM by Kevin Seifert
http://nc.startribune.com/blogs/vikings/

Vikings S Dwight Smith was ticketed Thursday night in downtown Minneapolis for misdemeanor possession of marijuana and obstructing traffic, according to a police report obtained today.

According to the police report:

At 10:11 p.m., a Minneapolis police officer noted Smith’s vehicle impeding traffic at the intersection of 2nd Ave. South and Fourth St. South, near Sheik’s nightclub.

When the vehicle did not clear the lane, the officer approached the car to issue a citation and smelled the “strong odor of marijuana” from the vehicle.

According to the report, Smith “admitted he just got done smoking some marijuana.”

The fine for misdemeanor possession of marijuana is $125 for a first offense. Smith almost certainly will face far stiffer punishment from the NFL under its substance abuse policy, ranging from one game check to a four-game suspension depending upon his status in the league’s confidential program.

This marks the second time in two seasons that Smith has been cited for misconduct in downtown Minneapolis and his fourth legal incident since entering the NFL in 2001.

The most recent citation came in August 2006, when Smith was cited for indecent conduct with a woman in stairwell. Coach Brad Childress suspended Smith for the opening game of last season as punishment for that incident.

Childress also has disciplined Smith on two other occasions, one for missing a team meeting in 2006 and another for what Smith called a “heated discussion” between the two. On both occasions, Childress benched Smith for the first series of the next game.

In an interview, Childress would not say whether Smith will play in Monday night’s game against Chicago.

“We’ve been extremely proactive with the first precinct police officers and the inspector,” Childress said. “The allegations are under investigation and I’ll have further comment after more information comes to light.”

Smith practiced Friday with the team, but the Star Tribune did not learn of the incident after today’s media access period. Smith was not available to comment afterwards.

UPDATE/CLARIFICATION: NT Pat Williams was among the people on the scene of the incident last night. He was not cited but his name was included in the police report. Williams is taking classes to be a reserve marshall in his home state of Louisiana and produced a badge upon request.

While with Tampa Bay in 2003, Smith pleaded guilty to pulling a gun on a motorist. He was fined $225, put on a year’s probation, ordered to take anger management classes and do 25 hours of community service.

In 2005, Smith was arrested for a similar incident outside a fast-food restaurant in Hillsborough (Fla.) County. Authorities elected not to file charges because they could not determine whether Smith was the person who held the gun during the confrontation.

???WTF ???

Why the hell did he do this?

litlharsh
12-15-2007, 01:39 PM
Guys, he's a football player, nothing more. Not a role model. He's not accountable to any of us. He never asked to have expectations placed upon him, we made them up ourselves. It's his absolute right to fuck up, and we can criticize him for that, not for "letting us down" or something. The only people he truly let down are is employers and teammates to whom he had a responsibility outline in contract form. Yes it does hurt the team, no he is not the antichrist, and no he does not owe the fans anything.

V4L
12-15-2007, 01:45 PM
I dont get why people who do that go cruise and smoke

If your gonna do it, just go smoke in your home

marstc09
12-15-2007, 01:50 PM
"kevoncox" wrote:

You said you hate assumptions but you make one yourself. How do you know he is just interested in his race?

Mr Anderson
12-15-2007, 01:54 PM
He's an NFL player, he doesn't have to go anywhere, or try to get beautiful women.

marstc09
12-15-2007, 02:02 PM
"Caine" wrote:

"litlharsh" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

It's called Lewd and Lacivious Behaviour, and it's a crime.

It's called possession of Marijuana and, you guessed it, it's a crime.

While I agree that if some tart wants to play bouncy-bouncy in the stairwell of a public place then she doesn't deserve respect, there's a little thing called SELF-respect.
There's a little thing called public image.
If Dwight Smith cares so little for his own public image, for his teams' public image, and for his leagues' public image, then perhaps it's time for Mr. Smith to go find another line of work.

What's that?
Why should he give up a job that pays him hundreds of thousands of dollars?
Because if he
keeps doing what he's doing he won't have a choice!!!

As for the issue of "It shouldn't be wrong" that some have tossed out there, spare me.
It IS wrong, and that's the point.
So, Dwight Smith willfully and knowingly engaged in ANOTHER act that is prohibited by law...and again the dilrod was caught.
That, to me, establishes a pattern of behaviour which is NOT one which is condusive to the Minnesota Vikings achieving a Superbowl victory in my lifetime, ergo it is one which is detrimental to the team, ergo Dwight Smith does not care about the team, ergo Dwight Smith is a selfish twit!

I don't care ifd it SHOULD be legal...it isn't.
And Smith knew that.
Just like he KNEW he wasn't supposed to have sex in a stairwell.
Just like he KNEW he wasn't supposed to pull guns on people.

He simply didn't CARE.

So, if he doesn't care, why should we?
Cut the dirtbag...then see how long it takes him to care.

Caine

It's a misdemeanor. You act like it is a huge crime. So what if it is illegal. So is speeding and not wearing your seatbelt. Would you call someone a dirtbag for speeding or not wearing their seatbelt? Come back to reality. So what if he was smoking weed and having sex. A lot of people enjoy these things. Are they all dirtbags? NO! The only thing he did wrong here was not be smart about it. He should of smoked before he left and took no weed with him or smoked it all
;D and waited until he got to a hotel to have sex with her. The only thing he is guilty of is being horny and stupid.

marstc09
12-15-2007, 02:05 PM
"DeathtoDenny" wrote:

People still smoke joints?

marstc09
12-15-2007, 02:07 PM
"NordicNed" wrote:

"DeathtoDenny" wrote:

;D

This is sweet! I officially have my new wallpaper.

litlharsh
12-15-2007, 02:21 PM
"marstc09" wrote:

A half naked - internet friend as your wallpaper?

I won't comment. ;D

BadlandsVikings
12-15-2007, 02:24 PM
"litlharsh" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

A half naked - internet friend as your wallpaper?

I won't comment. ;D

That's better than a Naked Ned wallpaper.

singersp
12-15-2007, 02:25 PM
"marstc09" wrote:

"NordicNed" wrote:

"DeathtoDenny" wrote:

;D

FYI, I didn't kill it. I took it home, transplanted it, gave it a little TLC (Ned was neglecting it) & it grew to be be a very decent plant.

Here's a pic of my nephew holding just one of the leaves...........

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/singersp82759/weed.jpg

huxx
12-15-2007, 02:44 PM
Buh Bye D Smith.
Made some exciting plays this year, but it turns out you're an idiot.

Json
12-15-2007, 03:22 PM
Who cares it was a small amount of dope.
It's not like the guy is transporting herion or some shit.
Don't get me wrong it sucks for the Vikings but it's a $125 ticket..
Suspend him for a game or two and move on with it. We have the playoffs to fight for...not worry about this dumb ass.

BadlandsVikings
12-15-2007, 03:28 PM
"Json" wrote:

Suspend him for a game or two and move on with it. We have the playoffs to fight for...not worry about this dumb ass.

Would you be feeling this way if he had run over someone and killed them while high on this "little bit" of pot?

NordicNed
12-15-2007, 03:29 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

"NordicNed" wrote:

"DeathtoDenny" wrote:

;D

FYI, I didn't kill it. I took it home, transplanted it, gave it a little TLC (Ned was neglecting it) & it grew to be be a very decent plant.

You crack me up....LOL
;D

marstc09
12-15-2007, 03:51 PM
"BadlandsViking" wrote:

"Json" wrote:

Would you be feeling this way if he had run over someone and killed them while high on this "little bit" of pot?

What about the speeders that can kill people? Lets just suspend people for speeding as well.

jsa803
12-15-2007, 03:58 PM
"BadlandsViking" wrote:

"Json" wrote:

It's not like the guy is transporting herion or some pooh.
Suspend him for a game or two and move on with it. We have the playoffs to fight for...not worry about this dumb jiggly butt.

This just shows how little you know about smoking pot dude, You can drive and you wont kill anyone.
You sound like the people on that pot video they used to show people in like the 60's

i_bleed_purple
12-15-2007, 03:59 PM
"BadlandsViking" wrote:

"Json" wrote:

if that were the case then he could be charged with driving while impared, which is another charge in itself.
That wasn't the case, so lets not worry about all the What if's.
you could say, what if he got high, and then while high he fell out of a car, and fell onto a cop who was shooting some guy with a gun, but his aim missed and he ended up hitting Phat Pat who fell on an old lady and killed her?
There are so many what if's, and none of them happened.
We should only be concerned about what happened, and that is he was in possession of a little bit of weed.
The fact that he didn't move his car means, he most likely had no intention of driving anywhere.

baumy300
12-15-2007, 04:03 PM
"jsa803" wrote:

"BadlandsViking" wrote:

"Json" wrote:

Suspend him for a game or two and move on with it. We have the playoffs to fight for...not worry about this dumb jiggly butt.

This just shows how little you know about smoking pot dude, You can drive and you wont kill anyone.
You sound like the people on that pot video they used to show people in like the 60's

Haha. He's right BLV. I've never heard of anyone who had impaired driving while stoned.

NodakPaul
12-15-2007, 04:07 PM
"baumy300" wrote:

"jsa803" wrote:

"BadlandsViking" wrote:

"Json" wrote:

Haha. He's right BLV. I've never heard of anyone who had impaired driving while stoned.

MJ doesn't impair your reaction time like alcohol does, but it does impair judgment, and in most cases (but not all) depth perception.
While I agree that it is no where near as dangerous as driving drunk, acting like it doesn't affect your driving at all is being blind to the truth.

NodakPaul
12-15-2007, 04:14 PM
"Json" wrote:

While the fact that it was "just a small amount of dope" doesn't excuse it by any means, you are right.
Suspend him for a couple of games and move on.
And then I hope we cut or trade him in the off season.
Why?
Not because he smoked dope - because he was selfish and put the team in a very bad position at a very crucial part of the season.
This was a stupid, selfish, moronic thing to do - and I don't think the Vikings can count on him any more int he future.
No better than Edwards in my book - because they both put the Vikings in bad spot due to their bad decisions.

happy camper
12-15-2007, 04:16 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

"baumy300" wrote:

"jsa803" wrote:

"BadlandsViking" wrote:

"Json" wrote:

MJ doesn't impair your reaction time like alcohol does, but it does impair judgment, and in most cases (but not all) depth perception.
While I agree that it is no where near as dangerous as driving drunk, acting like it doesn't affect your driving at all is being blind to the truth.

Not to mention many people smoke it while driving.

jsa803
12-15-2007, 04:18 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

"baumy300" wrote:

"jsa803" wrote:

"BadlandsViking" wrote:

"Json" wrote:

Yea Ill agree that there is a minor affecting but I would argue that it distracts no more than cell phones while driving, or as I heard them called DD's (distracted drivers)
Driving high is honestly something I do when I smoke because I live on campus here so when I need to blaze I go to my car and drive around I do it all the time and I never have hurt anyone or done any bad driving.
I personally am smart enough to drive extremely careful and I stick to the back roads.
I guess my only point is that in my experience it isnt as dangerous as some assume it is.

NodakPaul
12-15-2007, 04:22 PM
"jsa803" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

"baumy300" wrote:

"jsa803" wrote:

"BadlandsViking" wrote:

Yea Ill agree that there is a minor affecting but I would argue that it distracts no more than cell phones while driving, or as I heard them called DD's (distracted drivers)
Driving high is honestly something I do when I smoke because I live on campus here so when I need to blaze I go to my car and drive around I do it all the time and I never have hurt anyone or done any bad driving.
I personally am smart enough to drive extremely careful and I stick to the back roads.
I guess my only point is that in my experience it isnt as dangerous as some assume it is.

But you should also not assume that your experience is applicable to everyone else.
Back when I was younger and stupid(er) there were times when I would drive home from the bar way above the legal limit.
I never hurt anyone either, and I was always very careful to follow every single law to avoid getting picked up.
Does that mean that drunk driving isn't dangerous?
No, it just means that I was fortunate.

You do have a point about cell phones though.
People talking on the phone, or worse, texting, while driving is becoming a problem, at least where I live.

NodakPaul
12-15-2007, 04:23 PM
"marstc09" wrote:

"DeathtoDenny" wrote:

People still smoke joints?

LMAO!

MetalMike-LoudVike
12-15-2007, 04:34 PM
well this just makes him look like a jerk, why din't he eat the roach, geez the team reels of a few wins and he has to get his name in the paper for possession this just makes him look dumb maybe they trade him to AZ for Fitzgerald after the season is over ?

marstc09
12-15-2007, 04:38 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

"baumy300" wrote:

"jsa803" wrote:

"BadlandsViking" wrote:

"Json" wrote:

Alcohol impairs my judgment way more. Hate those alcohol glasses! She looked fine at the time?
;D

litlharsh
12-15-2007, 04:39 PM
"MetalMike-LoudVike" wrote:

well this just makes him look like a jerk, why din't he eat the roach, geez the team reels of a few wins and he has to get his name in the paper for possession this just makes him look dumb maybe they trade him to AZ for Fitzgerald after the season is over ?
bahahaha this is so epic of a post.

purplepowered
12-15-2007, 06:08 PM
You know someguys never learn. They have what are called college degrees is something that they never try to use. You would think that they could find a way to stay home and stay out of trouble. Like I know there are dumbass fans like me that would gladly be at their beg and call for 100k a year to drive their asses around most of the time to keep their shit out of the act. It surewould save them their jobs and $$ and alot of public humiliation. It is all retardation. It is time to let him go after the season. doesnt matter how good he is. I agree with our rules you fuck up , ur gone! We dont need ya! See the back door.

Vikes_King
12-15-2007, 06:51 PM
i was so pissed when i heard about this... my mom text me when i was out drinkin last night when this came on the news.

hopefully he does in fact play (yea i'm about to read that "smith might play" thread next.
Tank Williams is hurt.
Mike Doss is banged up.
With Smith out, our safty position will be just as/more thin that DE

purplepowered
12-15-2007, 06:57 PM
Yeah I know its used as celebration or something. get a grip guys, its your JOB! Same rules every year! Line up smack someone in the mouth, catch the f'n ball get a TD dont do drugs alchy and drive , get good nights sleep. Now would you like a bed time story before we tuck you in at night. get a grip you baby Time to put those ankle braclets on our players during the season for monitoring! When they get near a bar or strip club the get shocked!

Purple Floyd
12-15-2007, 08:22 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

"NordicNed" wrote:

"DeathtoDenny" wrote:

;D

Your nephew is dressed like he is ready to pull up the hanky and rob the next stagecoach that comes across the prairie. If he smokes that first maybe he will just take their Doritos.

ItalianStallion
12-16-2007, 01:58 AM
"jsa803" wrote:

It's too bad they don't take one person's anecdotal evidence when these scientists decide to do studies.
I mean, if it doesn't affect you that badly (according to your own perception), then it must affect everyone the same way right?
It's not like different people can have varied responses to drugs.

By saying you're "being extremely careful and sticking to back roads" you admit that you're conscious of the effect it can have on your driving.
Marijuana affects many things that you require to drive properly, it's not up for debate as the evidence speaks for itself.
We're not debating cell phones (which should also be illegal when driving...)

Can J Public Health. 2007 Jan-Feb;98(1):6-11.

The impact of cannabis on driving.

Bédard M, Dubois S, Weaver B.

Drug Alcohol Depend. 2004 Feb 7;73(2):109-19.

Dose related risk of motor vehicle crashes after cannabis use.

Ramaekers JG, Berghaus G, van Laar M, Drummer OH.

Traffic Inj Prev. 2006 Jun;7(2):111-6.

Relationship between THC concentration in blood and impairment in apprehended drivers.

Khiabani HZ, Bramness JG, Bjørneboe A, Mørland J.

etc....

Vikes
12-16-2007, 02:00 AM
Sorry you cannot do drugs and drive. Thats just dumb! Sorry I really don't know you but being impaired and driving is NOT smart sorry.

As Dr. Phil says "You can't do stupid smart"

litlharsh
12-16-2007, 02:31 AM
"ItalianStallion" wrote:

It's too bad they don't take one person's anecdotal evidence when these scientists decide to do studies.
I mean, if it doesn't affect you that badly (according to your own perception), then it must affect everyone the same way right?

By saying you're "being extremely careful and sticking to back roads" you admit that you're conscious of the effect it can have on your driving.
Marijuana affects many things that you require to drive properly, it's not up for debate as the evidence speaks for itself.

Relationship between THC concentration in blood and impairment in apprehended drivers.

etc....
Theoretically, with the only things you've shown us being titles with no actual data, those reports could all prove that Cannabis use has no impairment whatsoever on drivers' abilities.

Granted, I know that's not true, but just throwing it out there that by citing reports' titles, you haven't proved anything. ;D

Caine
12-16-2007, 03:11 AM
"litlharsh" wrote:

"ItalianStallion" wrote:

etc....
Theoretically, with the only things you've shown us being titles with no actual data, those reports could all prove that Cannabis use has no impairment whatsoever on drivers' abilities.

Granted, I know that's not true, but just throwing it out there that by citing reports' titles, you haven't proved anything. ;D

I think he threw the titles out there so you could look them up.
He'd have given you the hard copies of the studies, but you'd probably just roll 'em and smoke 'em... ::)

Caine

PurpleGator
12-16-2007, 08:44 AM
"Vikes" wrote:

Sorry you cannot do drugs and drive. Thats just dumb! Sorry I really don't know you but being impaired and driving is NOT smart sorry.

Why are you quoting Dr. Phil?
He has betrayed all men.

singersp
12-16-2007, 09:51 AM
"Vikes" wrote:

Or as Ron White would say, "You can't fix stupid"

singersp
12-16-2007, 10:01 AM
"litlharsh" wrote:

"ItalianStallion" wrote:

etc....

Here you go, just in case you're to impaired to GOOGLE them yourself.
;D

Bédard M, Dubois S, Weaver B

BACKGROUND: Cannabis is known to have detrimental effects on human performance and may also affect driving adversely.

CONCLUSION: Cannabis had a negative effect on driving, as would be predicted from human performance studies. This finding supports the need for interventions to decrease the prevalence of driving under the influence of cannabis

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?db=pubmed&uid=17278669&cmd=showdetailview&indexed=google

Experimental studies have repeatedly shown that THC impairs cognition, psychomotor function and actual driving performance in a dose related manner.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?db=pubmed&uid=14725950&cmd=showdetailview&indexed=google

Impaired drivers had higher blood THC concentration than the drivers who were judged as not impaired

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?db=pubmed&uid=16854704&cmd=showdetailview&indexed=google

Zeus
12-16-2007, 10:24 AM
"PurpleGator" wrote:

"Vikes" wrote:

He has betrayed all men.

Dr. Phil is living the American Dream.

=Z=

PurpleGator
12-16-2007, 10:56 AM
"Zeus" wrote:

"PurpleGator" wrote:

"Vikes" wrote:

He has betrayed all men.

Dr. Phil is living the American Dream.

=Z=

He is an Evil Traitor!

MaxVike
12-16-2007, 11:21 AM
Goodbye Dumbass...I continue to marvel at the stupidity of pro athletes.
What a frickin' idiot. The debate of pot and driving is irrelevant in this matter.
It's illegal, he had some, he's a complete dipshit.
GOODBYE.

Marrdro
12-16-2007, 11:27 AM
"Caine" wrote:

"litlharsh" wrote:

"ItalianStallion" wrote:

etc....

He'd have given you the hard copies of the studies, but you'd probably just roll 'em and smoke 'em... ::)

Caine

HEY, this is an excellent post sandwich.
Two good slices around something else.
Adequately articulated IS and Caine.
;D

singersp
12-16-2007, 11:34 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"Caine" wrote:

"litlharsh" wrote:

"ItalianStallion" wrote:

etc....

Caine

;D

It's called a "Wish Sandwich".

You have two great slices of bread & you "wish" you had had something equally good to go in between, but alas, you don't.

jmcdon00
12-16-2007, 11:39 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"Caine" wrote:

"litlharsh" wrote:

"ItalianStallion" wrote:

etc....

Caine

;D

It's called a "Wish Sandwich".

You have two great slices of bread & you "wish" you had had something equally good to go in between, but alas, you don't.

there are plenty of good pot posts going we can have a discussion. I was wrong to post my pot opinions in this thread too.

huxx
12-16-2007, 11:46 AM
"Json" wrote:

Rules are rules.
The law's the law.
As a professional, you need to abide by both.

PurpleGator
12-16-2007, 03:06 PM
If you are in a new town and want to know where the strip clubs are, just call the Vikings front office...LOL

Garland Greene
02-11-2008, 01:48 PM
Marijuana Charges Dropped

http://www2.kfan.com/content/vikings/story.aspx?content_id=3151c0d3-e17d-49d0-b7f0-4b801243e5a2

Vikings safety Dwight Smith has been cleared from a possession of marijuana charge after he was pulled over outside of Sheik’s night club in downtown Minneapolis in mid-December.

Did we jump to conclusions on this one? Or is there still more to teh story?

Schutz
02-11-2008, 01:50 PM
"Garland" wrote:

http://www2.kfan.com/content/vikings/story.aspx?content_id=3151c0d3-e17d-49d0-b7f0-4b801243e5a2

Vikings safety Dwight Smith has been cleared from a possession of marijuana charge after he was pulled over outside of Sheik’s night club in downtown Minneapolis in mid-December.

It doesn't matter, people will still think what they want.

Marrdro
02-11-2008, 01:53 PM
"Garland" wrote:

Thanks for the update my friend.

That does not mean Smith is a lock to remain a Viking in 2008.

Not sure what they mean by that.
Isn't he on a three-year, $6.5 million contract which he signed in 2006.
Means he at least is under contract until 2009 right?

BloodyHorns82
02-11-2008, 01:55 PM
"Garland" wrote:

Ha ha...I didn't realize when this story first came out that Sheik's "night club" was where he was hanging out.
Dwight loves his ladies.
I wonder if he tried to coax any of the strippers into a stairwell...

Zeus
02-11-2008, 01:56 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"Garland" wrote:

According to the NFLPA, Dwight Smith is under contract through next season (2008).

http://www.nflpa.org/Resources/ActivePlayerSearch.aspx?id=30150

However, since NFL contracts are not guaranteed, that don't mean squat.

=Z=

Garland Greene
02-11-2008, 01:56 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"Garland" wrote:

That is what I thought as well Marr. It could be that there are enough little things to equal 1 big thing. That or Chilly is mad because he can't get a BJ in a public stairway ;D

Marrdro
02-11-2008, 01:57 PM
"Garland" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"Garland" wrote:

That is what I thought as well Marr. It could be that there are enough little things to equal 1 big thing. That or Chilly is mad because he can't get a BJ in a public stairway ;D

I don't know who is cracking me up more.....
You here or C Mac D agreeing with me about TJ being better than CJ.

Garland Greene
02-11-2008, 02:05 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"Garland" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"Garland" wrote:

I don't know who is cracking me up more.....
You here or C Mac D agreeing with me about TJ being better than CJ.

Gotta keep you laughting my freind. Besides I want to see the Good Marrdro come out to play, not the bad one ;)

NodakPaul
02-11-2008, 02:08 PM
"Schutz" wrote:

"Garland" wrote:

It doesn't matter, people will still think what they want.

I don't know if we jumped to conclusions, because we were going off from what the media reported that he said.
Smith admitted to just smoking before the cop pulled him over.
He was charged for obstructing traffic and possession.

Both are very minor offenses, but I wonder what prompted them to be dropped.

marstc09
02-11-2008, 02:11 PM
"Garland" wrote:

Boy I hate to say I told you so! There was a person on this site who said nothing would ever come of this and charges would never happen. I wonder who said that?
;D

Marrdro
02-11-2008, 02:15 PM
"marstc09" wrote:

"Garland" wrote:

Boy I hate to say I told you so! There was a person on this site who said nothing would ever come of this and charges would never happen. I wonder who said that?
;D

Sure the hell wasn't me.

I figured him for a gonner.
The ole Chiller must have smoothed it over with the coppers so that the charges were dropped.
;D

marstc09
02-11-2008, 02:22 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

"Garland" wrote:

;D

Sure the hell wasn't me.

The ole Chiller must have smoothed it over with the coppers so that the charges were dropped.

;D

Maybe Chilly feels guilty because he does it himself. It is hard to punish someone for something you do. Just a thought.

Marrdro
02-11-2008, 02:29 PM
"marstc09" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

"Garland" wrote:

;D

Sure the hell wasn't me.

;D

Maybe Chilly feels guilty because he does it himself. It is hard to punish someone for something you do. Just a thought.

Hey, that could be labeled as profiling if you mean that just because he is slightly balding equates to smoking.
;D

BloodyHorns82
02-11-2008, 02:35 PM
"marstc09" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

"Garland" wrote:

;D

Sure the hell wasn't me.

;D

Boy it is really hard to imagine Chilly puffing on a bong, or holding a J in his lips.
;D

jmcdon00
02-11-2008, 03:05 PM
"MaxVike" wrote:

Goodbye Dumbass...I continue to marvel at the stupidity of pro athletes.
What a frickin' idiot. The debate of pot and driving is irrelevant in this matter.
It's illegal, he had some, he's a complete dipshit.
GOODBYE.

Someone owes dwight an apology. ;D

jmcdon00
02-11-2008, 04:09 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"litlharsh" wrote:

"ItalianStallion" wrote:

etc....

Here you go, just in case you're to impaired to GOOGLE them yourself.
;D

Bédard M, Dubois S, Weaver B

BACKGROUND: Cannabis is known to have detrimental effects on human performance and may also affect driving adversely.

CONCLUSION: Cannabis had a negative effect on driving, as would be predicted from human performance studies. This finding supports the need for interventions to decrease the prevalence of driving under the influence of cannabis

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?db=pubmed&uid=17278669&cmd=showdetailview&indexed=google

Experimental studies have repeatedly shown that THC impairs cognition, psychomotor function and actual driving performance in a dose related manner.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?db=pubmed&uid=14725950&cmd=showdetailview&indexed=google

Impaired drivers had higher blood THC concentration than the drivers who were judged as not impaired

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?db=pubmed&uid=16854704&cmd=showdetailview&indexed=google

And since Dwight is innocent I will derail this into a a pot thread.

From the same website you used.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18054600?ordinalpos=2&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum

RESULTS: Cell phone using drivers were more likely to report driving while drowsy, going 20 mph over the speed limit, driving aggressively, running a stop sign or red light, and driving after having had several drinks. They were also more likely to have had a prior history of citation and crash involvement than non-cell phone using drivers. Cell phone using drivers also reported they were less careful and more in a hurry when they drive than non-cell phone using drivers.

A questionnaire study was conducted to obtain information from shiftworkers on the levels of tiredness experienced on the drive to and from work at different times of the day. The results demonstrated that, compared to non-shiftworkers, shiftworkers were more tired on the drive between their home and the workplace and more at risk of falling asleep behind the wheel. The main factors contributing to this increased level of sleepiness and associated driving impairment were the length of the sleep period prior to work, the type of shift and the travelling time. There was some evidence to suggest that on working days shiftworkers were more likely to be involved in an accident than non-shiftworkers. However, there were insufficient data to determine whether accidents were correlated with driver sleepiness.

Despite some methodological limitations of the study, when taken together with previous research, the evidence suggests that the physical demands of eating and drinking while driving can increase the risk of a crash.

There are many other factors that go into what causes accidents and makes accidents that do accur more deadly. One example is larger SUV's and Trucks, although they are safer for the accupants they are much more dangerous for other vehicles on the road.

Michelle White, an economist at the University of California, San Diego, estimates that for each fatality that light-truck drivers avoid for themselves and their passengers, they cause four fatalities involving car occupants, pedestrians, bicyclists and motorcyclists. "Safety gains for those driving light trucks," Ms. White said, "come at an extremely high cost to others."

Being larger than ordinary vehicles, S.U.V.'s and light trucks cause more damage to upper bodies and heads in collisions. Furthermore, their bumpers do not always align with automobile bumpers, and their body structure is stiffer, transferring more force to other vehicles during impact.

My argument is not that anyone should drive while under the influence of marijuana just that it is not more dangerous than alot of other legal activities. Certainly it does not mean that marijuana should be illegal, no more so than cel-phones and drive-thrus should be illegal. ;D

V4L
02-11-2008, 04:11 PM
That's very weird because my friend just got pulled over with 1.5 grams and was a lil high and got possesion and something to do with driving.. Wasn't a DUI though

And all this is over 1000 dollars in fines and he lost his lisence

Wonder why Dwight got off so easy?

BloodyHorns82
02-11-2008, 04:43 PM
"V4L" wrote:

That's very weird because my friend just got pulled over with 1.5 grams and was a lil high and got possesion and something to do with driving.. Wasn't a DUI though

And all this is over 1000 dollars in fines and he lost his lisence

Wonder why Dwight got off so easy?

I think your friend's case is a bit extreme.
I know many people personally...one VERY personally
;), who have been cited for posession while driving and the events ranged form the most extreme - $100 fine, to least extreme - police officer confiscating marijuna and paraphenalia and then letting perp go.
Granted all of my known cases are taken from late 90's to early 00's so things may have changed since then.

It would be crazy if the fines are that hefty now days.

I have to agree with jmcdon00 though...
Driving under the influence of THC is obviously inhibiting, but no more so than talking on a cell phone, eating a burger, or being a bit tired.
It by no means compares to driving under the influence of alcohol...which is why it is treated much lighter in the court of law.

Overlord
02-12-2008, 12:51 AM
"Garland" wrote:

Well, getting the charges dropped does not mean he wasn't smoking weed outside of Sheik's.
It does mean that those of us (definately me) that thought he was going to get suspended are probably wrong.
It also significantly increases the chances of him being back next year .

As to what actually happened, there are a number of possibilities.
He could have gotten off on a technicality.
Maybe the cop that he told he had been smoking didn't show up to court.
It's possible that the original story was just wrong.
He could have plead guilty to something else and that hasn't been reported yet.

I'm a little frustrated because I think it's more likely that the police or prosecutors decided not to take action necessary to secure a guilty verdict or plea simply because of who he was and what it might cost him.
As I said before, I don't have strong feelings on this pot thing one way or another.
I do dislike the idea that the people enforcing our laws might be so blatently biased.
I suppose any of that is simply speculation at this point, though.

As far as Dwight Smith goes, I hope he learns how to stay out of trouble whether he's with the Vikes or not.

jkjuggalo
02-12-2008, 01:03 AM
"Overlord" wrote:

"Garland" wrote:

Well, getting the charges dropped does not mean he wasn't smoking weed outside of Sheik's.
It does mean that those of us (definately me) that thought he was going to get suspended are probably wrong.
It also significantly increases the chances of him being back next year .

As to what actually happened, there are a number of possibilities.
He could have gotten off on a technicality.
Maybe the cop that he told he had been smoking didn't show up to court.
It's possible that the original story was just wrong.
He could have plead guilty to something else and that hasn't been reported yet.

I'm a little frustrated because I think it's more likely that the police or prosecutors decided not to take action necessary to secure a guilty verdict or plea simply because of who he was and what it might cost him.
As I said before, I don't have strong feelings on this pot thing one way or another.
I do dislike the idea that the people enforcing our laws might be so blatently biased.
I suppose any of that is simply speculation at this point, though.

As far as Dwight Smith goes, I hope he learns how to stay out of trouble whether he's with the Vikes or not.

I just hope he get replaced by Kenny Phillips in the upcoming draft.
I'd take Steltz, Zbikowski, Smith, or Morgan too.
Even Silva in a later round would be good.

singersp
02-12-2008, 05:58 AM
"jmcdon00" wrote:

And since Dwight is innocent. I will derail this into a a pot thread.

LOL! He wasn't innocent of smoking pot. The charges of possession were just dropped.

Smith himself stated he had just got done smoking a joint, but if your going to call him a liar & say he wasn't, so be it.

I'm willing to bet though, that had he been a normal schmo & not a pro athelete, the charges would have stuck.

jmcdon00
02-12-2008, 06:53 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"jmcdon00" wrote:

LOL! He wasn't innocent of smoking pot. The charges of possession were just dropped.

Smith himself stated he had just got done smoking a joint, but if your going to call him a liar & say he wasn't, so be it.

I'm willing to bet though, that had he been a normal schmo & not a pro athelete, the charges would have stuck.

He is no more guilty than the other viking players that are out blazing right now, or ever have. According to Hennepin County he has been cleared on all charges.

According to a newspaper account of a police officers account of what happened he admitted it, I have not heard him admit it so that is hearsay.

The fact is that petty misdemeanor charges get dropped all the time, it is simply not something the courts want to spend much time on. Smith did plead guilty to obstructing traffic, and paid a $200 fine. Anyone that has ever went to court to fight a speeding ticket knows that you can usually get a deal where it doesn't go on your record if you don't have another incident.

If I were to take a guess though I would say that the officer likely didn't save the tiny roach as evidence, he probably dropped it on the curb and put it out with his foot. Also I am not sure that I want to pay a police officer to spend a day in court so the court can collect a $120 fine.

NodakPaul
02-12-2008, 08:24 PM
"jmcdon00" wrote:

My argument is not that anyone should drive while under the influence of marijuana just that it is not more dangerous than alot of other legal activities. Certainly it does not mean that marijuana should be illegal, no more so than cel-phones and drive-thrus should be illegal. ;D

Truth be told, talking or texting on cell phones while driving probably should be illegal, and is in some states...

NodakPaul
02-12-2008, 08:30 PM
"jmcdon00" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"jmcdon00" wrote:

He is no more guilty than the other viking players that are out blazing right now, or ever have. According to Hennepin County he has been cleared on all charges.

According to a newspaper account of a police officers account of what happened he admitted it, I have not heard him admit it so that is hearsay.

The fact is that petty misdemeanor charges get dropped all the time, it is simply not something the courts want to spend much time on. Smith did plead guilty to obstructing traffic, and paid a $200 fine. Anyone that has ever went to court to fight a speeding ticket knows that you can usually get a deal where it doesn't go on your record if you don't have another incident.

If I were to take a guess though I would say that the officer likely didn't save the tiny roach as evidence, he probably dropped it on the curb and put it out with his foot. Also I am not sure that I want to pay a police officer to spend a day in court so the court can collect a $120 fine.

Well first, it isn't hearsay.
Hearsay is unverified information heard or received from another person.
An admission directly to a police officer is not considered hearsay.
If Pat Williams had told the police officer that Smith told him (Pat) that he just smoked, THAT would be hearsay.

You are right about dropping the petty mis charge though.
They are dropped all the time, especially if the case simply isn't worth the effort it would take for a conviction.
This, however, doesn't mean that Smith was innocent.
He wasn't falsely accused by any means.
The charges were dropped, which is a big difference.

singersp
02-12-2008, 09:24 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

"jmcdon00" wrote:

Truth be told, talking or texting on cell phones while driving probably should be illegal, and is in some states...

Not to mention reading books & newspapers while driving, along with women putting on their make-up while driving. All things I have seen numerous times.

michaelmazid
02-13-2008, 01:05 AM
Two things that every man loves. pot and strip clubs. way to go dwight

digital420
02-13-2008, 03:19 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

"jmcdon00" wrote:

Not to mention reading books & newspapers while driving, along with women putting on their make-up while driving. All things I have seen numerous times.

In Greece ther eis a 250 Euro fine.. (around 300+ dollars) for first ticket of talking on a cell phone. second is around 500-600 euro depending on how recent the other was. and loss of licence.

But..
hands free (bluetooth heads set) are allowed to be used. as long as the device is not on your person. ie.. in a handset holder, the middle console... if you are pulled over, and are suing the hands free, but have the device (phone) on your person the officer is allowed to write a ticket for unsafe driving conditions.

2 be honest.. i really do like this law!!
the problem is.. 70% of the people still hold their phones in their hands. and people still get in accidents. why.. cause every greek person knows some1 in the police.. and somehow can get out of a ticket.

DiGiTaL..

alla.. D. Smith.. if he can keep his act str8 fort he coming year, i'd welcome him back.. just keep the reefer in the offseason!!

i_bleed_purple
02-13-2008, 01:18 PM
i'm gonna let you in on a little secret about the legal system.
Its a load of bullshit.
I recently got a speeding ticket for going 121 in a 90 zone.
That ticket equals 4 demerit points and almost doubling my insurance.
I appealed it and it got dropped to a disobeying a street sign, which is a minor with no affect on my insurance.
the cost of the ticket went from almost 300$ to $85.
all because the cop didn't want to have to go to court.

NodakPaul
02-13-2008, 02:49 PM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

Its a load of kaka del rio.
I appealed it and it got dropped to a disobeying a street sign, which is a minor with no affect on my insurance.

A lot of times cops have to sacrifice a day off to go to court.
Not many really want to do that.
Still, I am surprised that you got it dropped that much...

Also, I am assuming that this is Canadian, not American, because I am not too aware of a lot of 90 mph zones in the states... ;D

i_bleed_purple
02-13-2008, 03:30 PM
actually its km/h zones, which would equate to about about 75mph in a 55 zone

BadlandsVikings
02-13-2008, 07:34 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

Its a load of kaka del rio.

A lot of times cops have to sacrifice a day off to go to court.
Not many really want to do that.
Still, I am surprised that you got it dropped that much...

Also, I am assuming that this is Canadian, not American, because I am not too aware of a lot of 90 mph zones in the states... ;D

I-94 :D

snowinapril
02-14-2008, 10:04 AM
This is one small paragraph that was part of blurps after a KU article.
I was going to put it is a CHildress thread but put it here instead.

No Answers, Just Questions
http://gnb.scout.com/a.z?s=61&p=2&c=728816

* Maybe Brad Childress was right after all on the Dwight Smith situation. .....(YOU WILL HAVE TO CLICK ON THE LINK TO GET THE MEAT of this article, article was written by VU).......... it would appear Childress was right in not making a rush to judgment at the time