PDA

View Full Version : Peterson describes 3-yard performance as his worst ever - Learns from 49ers game

singersp
12-14-2007, 07:10 AM
Vikings notes: Peterson describes 3-yard performance as his worst ever (http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/12494236.html)

The rookie said his game against the 49ers helped put things in perspective.

By Judd Zulgad, Star Tribune

Last update: December 13, 2007 - 11:21 PM

Running back Adrian Peterson said Thursday that his 3-yard rushing game last weekend at San Francisco was his worst football performance at any level, but added the game also helped to put things in perspective in what has been a rookie season filled with standout games....

PurpleTide
12-14-2007, 07:22 AM
With a frustrated AD, and a hurting Bear defense, I see us pounding the rock down the bears throats. Our offensive line has alot of pride, and they are gonna blast the bears. Both Adrian, and Chester are going to gash some rippin' runs. I say easily another 200+ rushing performance by our team, with AD getting about 130yrds, the rest picked up by Chester, and Tarvaris.

Prophet
12-14-2007, 08:24 AM
It's a team game, he did his job and the team won.
Everyone can't be a hero every game.
Besides, it's only fitting that purple jesus would dole out an 85 yarder for CT so the team spirit stays high.

singersp
12-14-2007, 08:38 AM
Peterson describes 3-yard performance as his worst ever

That's kind of a no-brainer. Can't do a whole hell of a lot worse.

Rambro
12-14-2007, 08:52 AM
The 49ers just didn't commit to the run, they sold out on it.
When it's 9 on 1 that 9 is gonna win everytime. I think San Fransisco didn't care how bad they lost as long as Peterson didn't have a good game on them.

ItalianStallion
12-14-2007, 09:30 AM
"singersp" wrote:

Peterson describes 3-yard performance as his worst ever

That's kind of a no-brainer. Can't do a whole hell of a lot worse.

At least he didn't turn the ball over...

C Mac D
12-14-2007, 09:32 AM
I think I predicted he would break 300 yards....
:-

Suick
12-14-2007, 10:19 AM
If da Bears do the same, the game will be in TJ hands. The way he's been playing lately, I like our odds.

If the Bears don't key on AD, God help 'em. I think he's got something to prove. Watch out 300.

Mr. Purple
12-14-2007, 10:33 AM
Call me crazy but I think its a blessing in disguise. We all know if we're gonna due any real damage in the playoffs we need AP at 100%. I think games like this where he doesn't have to carry the load, but we still win are great.It keeps him healthier for one more week.

I expect him to have a HUGE game in Chicago. Put his stamp on MNF.

Mr-holland
12-14-2007, 10:36 AM
I do not expect a great game by AD, IMO we are saving AD a little for the upcoming playoffs
i know i know we're not in it, but everybody sees he's not really the same before the injury. CT can do it, i think it's gonne be CT 55% AD 45%

C Mac D
12-14-2007, 10:37 AM
"Mr-holland" wrote:

I do not expect a great game by AD, IMO we are saving AD a little for the upcoming playoffs
i know i know we're not in it, but everybody sees he's not really the same before the injury. CT can do it, i think it's gonne be CT 55% AD 45%

I love having the best backfield in football

;D

vikinggreg
12-14-2007, 10:39 AM
"C" wrote:

:-\

Damn I just got my AP AD 296 yards shirt this week, now he's mad and going to hit the Bears, an angrier running AD.........wonder if I just paint 311 over the 296 ;D

V4L
12-14-2007, 10:49 AM
All day

NordicNed
12-14-2007, 10:54 AM
"vikinggreg" wrote:

"C" wrote:

Damn I just got my AP AD 296 yards shirt this week, now he's mad and going to hit the Bears, an angrier running AD.........wonder if I just paint 311 over the 296 ;D

Easier fix than that greg,

Just change the 2 to a 3 on your jersey...... ;D

Suick
12-14-2007, 11:21 AM
"Mr." wrote:

Call me crazy but I think its a blessing in disguise. We all know if we're gonna due any real damage in the playoffs we need AP at 100%. I think games like this where he doesn't have to carry the load, but we still win are great.It keeps him healthier for one more week.

For the most part we're in the playoffs NOW.

VikingMike
12-14-2007, 11:55 AM
AD is one incredibly mature and focused person.
:)

Mr Anderson
12-14-2007, 12:04 PM
"Suick" wrote:

If the Bears don't key on AD, God help 'em. I think he's got something to prove. Watch out 300.

400... Monday Night is prime time.

Schutz
12-14-2007, 12:07 PM
"Mr" wrote:

"Suick" wrote:

Yeah well I'll one up you and predict he breaks the rookie rushing record Monday with 600+ Yards.

jargomcfargo
12-14-2007, 12:10 PM
"Schutz" wrote:

"Mr" wrote:

"Suick" wrote:

Yeah well I'll one up you and predict he breaks the rookie rushing record Monday with 600+ Yards.

Damn pessimists. 1200 yds.

PurplePride80
12-14-2007, 12:11 PM
Don't worry AD, you can't take your frustrations out on "Da Bears" this Monday night.
;D

funkyasflea
12-14-2007, 12:52 PM
"TimmyT" wrote:

Don't worry AD, you can't take your frustrations out on "Da Bears" this Monday night.
;D

He'll break his own record against them, that will be enough to count for 2 games.

midgensa
12-14-2007, 01:07 PM
It was one down game ... and these are going to happen to the best of them. The 9ers had 9 in the box every play ... hell ... the only reason we got any rushing yards was CT got through the first wave with a little skill, blocking and luck and there was noone back there to catch him ... could have just as easily been AD.
I was happy with the performance because while you could tell he was frustrated he kept coming and did not sit alone on the sideline pouting like some superstars we have had on this team in the past. Peterson was talking to coaches and trying to find a hole ... all while understanding the most important thing was getting the 'W.'

Vikefanman2000
12-14-2007, 01:07 PM
Hey....gotta tip your hats to the 49ers.....They DID sell out to stop the run.....and except for one Chester highlight.....they did a great job against the run!
Bottom line....
Vikes won.....
Vikes defense DOMINATED and AP left the game healthy!
He will get back on track.....
whether he runs for 100, 200, 300....
doesnt matter to me, as long as he is contributing to a victory and staying healthy!

davike
12-14-2007, 01:15 PM
"jargomcfargo" wrote:

"Schutz" wrote:

"Mr" wrote:

"Suick" wrote:

gol 'darnit pessimists. 1200 yds.

1200 yds? You forgot to add the recieving yards!

1249 rushing
600 recieving yards

I think it should be good for him. He should mature a lot from this, he will really bring it against the Bears on Monday! He will be angry!! The poor Bears' defense are all wailing and gnashing their teeth in agony at the very thought of facing an angry purple jesus! They are wondering what they ever did to the 49ers that would make them do such a thing as to get AD mad right before they have to face him!

Schutz
12-14-2007, 01:18 PM
"davike" wrote:

"jargomcfargo" wrote:

"Schutz" wrote:

"Mr" wrote:

"Suick" wrote:

1249 rushing
600 recieving yards

I think it should be good for him. He should mature a lot from this, he will really bring it against the Bears on Monday! He will be angry!! The poor Bears' defense are all wailing and gnashing their teeth in agony at the very thought of facing an angry purple jesus! They are wondering what they ever did to the 49ers that would make them do such a thing as to get AD mad right before they have to face him!

Don't make AP angry, you wouldn't like AP when he's angry.

El Vikingo
12-14-2007, 01:36 PM
Pat Williams got more yards than AD last Sunday
::)

hx38596
12-14-2007, 02:59 PM
"davike" wrote:

"jargomcfargo" wrote:

"Schutz" wrote:

"Mr" wrote:

"Suick" wrote:

1249 rushing
600 recieving yards

Meh...
I'll repeat an earlier prediction.

2.7 miles.

Vikes_King
12-14-2007, 03:01 PM
Receiver Justin Surrency was added to the Vikings practice squad. Surrency, who lives in Woodbury and attended Concordia Academy and Northern Iowa, was cut by the Vikings during training camp.

Saw that in the article as the most noteworthy thing in there :P i'm glad they picked him back up, i liked him during camp.
Was wondering who they were going to grab since the Packers snagged Bolston from us.

Should be a good game from AD, did you guys see how pissed he was everytime he was stuffed?
The expression on his face said it all

StillPurple
12-14-2007, 05:56 PM
I also can't believe we didn't run play-action more when they stuffed the box like that. How hard is it to separate a tight end out and throw him one in the flat when all three linebackers are keying on Peterson ? I don't get our play-calling in that game.

BTW, Gale Sayers or Jim Brown could not have run through holes that are not there. Something happened in that game, where we were not getting holes at all. Probably because we were "committed to the run", and they could see it and stuffed the box.

Football is about adjustments...

hx38596
12-14-2007, 06:23 PM
"PurpleTide" wrote:

With a frustrated AD, and a hurting Bear defense, I see us pounding the rock down the bears throats. Our offensive line has alot of pride, and they are gonna blast the bears. Both Adrian, and Chester are going to gash some rippin' runs. I say easily another 200+ rushing performance by our team, with AD getting about 130yrds, the rest picked up by Chester, and Tarvaris.

I think for pride's sake, the Bears are looking to pull a SF on them.

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=4186

LAKE FOREST, Ill. – After getting gashed by Adrian Peterson and Chester Taylor in a Week 6 loss at Soldier Field, the Bears are determined to prevent the Vikings running backs from opening old wounds in Monday night’s rematch in Minnesota.

“It’s not easy at all [to forget] because we were embarrassed,” said defensive end Adewale Ogunleye.

Marrdro
12-15-2007, 09:43 AM
Were are all the yutz AD crotch sniffers now?
Especially the ones who said no one could stop AD?

This is still a team sport.
When the opposing team takes away your best threat you counter with your next best threat.
In this case it was TJ and our passing game (just enough of it
:o) and the D.

Did someone mention adjustments?
Seems like a few were made during this game. ::) ::)

Well done Vikings TEAM (not just one player).

tb04512
12-15-2007, 10:31 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

When the opposing team takes away your best threat you counter with your next best threat.

cant stop him, his presence was wwhat made the passing game possible cant stop him he is purplejesus

Marrdro
12-15-2007, 10:40 AM
"tb04512" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

cant stop him, his presence was wwhat made the passing game possible cant stop him he is purplejesus

First Singer, now you are cracking me up.
I had a blast on vacation, but did miss you guys/gals in a sick kindof way.
;D

singersp
12-15-2007, 10:47 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"tb04512" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

;D

You're quoting tb04512, not me.
;)

Marrdro
12-15-2007, 11:02 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"tb04512" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

;D

;)

I know, you cracked me up first in another thread "First Singer" then TB cracked me up "Now you".

singersp
12-15-2007, 11:05 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"tb04512" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

;D

;)

I know, you cracked me up first in another thread "First Singer" then TB cracked me up "Now you".

I read it clearly now. I got a cup of coffee in me now.
:P

singersp
12-15-2007, 12:40 PM
Minnesota Vikings' Adrian Peterson learns from 49ers game (http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_7727290)

Rookie hopes he's back to old form in Bears rematch

BY DON SEEHOLZER
Pioneer Press

Article Last Updated: 12/15/2007 12:22:51 AM CST

Five days later, the questions still pain Adrian Peterson..............

litlharsh
12-15-2007, 01:40 PM
"Mr-holland" wrote:

we're not even close to a lock for making them, so banking on that would be foolish at this point.

V4L
12-15-2007, 01:54 PM
I think he will bounce back well!

I don't see them stopping him on our turf

huxx
12-15-2007, 02:46 PM
The heading of this topic says it all.
He always learns and wants to be the best.
He's humble; he's a competitor....I love this kid.

i_bleed_purple
12-15-2007, 03:21 PM
bad games happens to the best of them.
I a couple years ago LT got held to only 12 yards against the Eagles.
Games like this can only make you better.

Purple Floyd
12-15-2007, 08:45 PM
"vikinggreg" wrote:

"C" wrote:

I think the fitting number would be Purple Jesus 3(:)16 ;D

Marrdro
12-17-2007, 01:16 PM
"huxx" wrote:

No disrespect my friend, but why can't you love them all?

Aren't all of the young kids and most of the vets on this team humble, competitive and learning/growing together as a team.

I for one (In a Manly Man sort of way) love them all.
;D

C Mac D
12-17-2007, 01:20 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"huxx" wrote:

Aren't all of the young kids and most of the vets on this team humble, competitive and learning/growing together as a team.

;D

haha... man love.

MaxVike
12-17-2007, 01:24 PM
"C" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"huxx" wrote:

;D

haha... man love.

Be sure to wear your WWAPD shirts.

I need a HUGE game in order to win my quarter-final fantasy game.
I hope he learned alot.