PDA

View Full Version : Nothing Wrong With Williamson

COJOMAY
12-13-2007, 04:52 PM
The Minneapolis Star Tribune in their "Access Vikings" is reporting the following"

Receiver Troy Williamson visited the Mayo Clinic on Tuesday to get a second opinion on the headaches he has been experiencing since suffering a concussion on Nov. 25 against the Giants.

“He saw two people down at Mayo,” coach Brad Childress said. “They said that they essentially couldn’t find anything to hang their hat on. No abnormalities. He can handle some of that stuff with Tylenol.”

This means that if Williamson does not play Monday night against Chicago it will be a team decision and not related to his health.

Is he afraid to play or does Childress just not want him on the field anymore?

Purple Floyd
12-13-2007, 04:54 PM
Nothing to hang their hat on?
Did he lose his head?
I think that would throw up a red flag.

kramer9guy
12-13-2007, 04:56 PM
"COJOMAY" wrote:

The Minneapolis Star Tribune in their "Access Vikings" is reporting the following"

Receiver Troy Williamson visited the Mayo Clinic on Tuesday to get a second opinion on the headaches he has been experiencing since suffering a concussion on Nov. 25 against the Giants.

“He saw two people down at Mayo,” coach Brad Childress said. “They said that they essentially couldn’t find anything to hang their hat on. No abnormalities. He can handle some of that stuff with Tylenol.”

This means that if Williamson does not play Monday night against Chicago it will be a team decision and not related to his health.

Whether or not he plays again this season, I don't think he'll be back next year.

funkyasflea
12-13-2007, 05:00 PM
Ya know, if he only had decent hands...It doesn't seem like he even tries either...like he almost expects to drop 75% of the balls that come his way now....

purplepowered
12-13-2007, 05:06 PM
I thought up until he got his concussion he was coming along with catching SOME of the balls this year. But i guess we need more receivers... Drafting we go Drafting we go Hi ho aderio adrafting we go

gtinker63
12-13-2007, 05:10 PM
Ya know, if he only had decent hands...It doesn't seem like he even tries either...like he almost expects to drop 75% of the balls that come his way now....

75% of the balls?
Come on.
He catches way more than that.
This season his problem wasn't the dropsies it was just that he didn't get the opportunities.
I agree Troy is a goner after the season but don't throw him under the bus and say he doesn't even care and drops 75% of the passes his way.

DPep11
12-13-2007, 05:19 PM
Poor Troy, but if we didn't pick him at #7 we probably would have picked Mike Williams who also is a bust. Oh well, we're playing well with the players we have now and I wish nothing but the best for Troy whether his career continues in Minnesota or not.

ItalianStallion
12-13-2007, 06:00 PM
"gtinker63" wrote:

75% of the balls?
Come on.
This season his problem wasn't the dropsies it was just that he didn't get the opportunities.
I agree Troy is a goner after the season but don't throw him under the bus and say he doesn't even care and drops 75% of the passes his way.

BS, we have rookie WRs who make more out of their playing time than Williamson.

jkjuggalo
12-13-2007, 06:05 PM
I'm going to disagree and say that something is wrong with Williamson.
Sorry Troy, but it is time for you to go.
Maybe we replace you w/ DeSean Jackson, Malcolm Kelly, or Adarius Bowman!

C Mac D
12-13-2007, 06:07 PM
Other than he sucks....

jessejames09
12-13-2007, 06:17 PM
No way. When he learns to catch and gain YAC he will be an ELITE WR.

You can't teach speed!!

:D

Rambro
12-13-2007, 06:21 PM
"jessejames09" wrote:

No way. When he learns to catch and gain YAC he will be an ELITE WR.

You can't teach speed!!

:D

Ahahaha... I love your sig.
But yea, every time I see this guy goin for a catch it's not with his hands, I don't like it.

huxx
12-13-2007, 06:23 PM
"ItalianStallion" wrote:

"gtinker63" wrote:

75% of the balls?
Come on.

Agreed.
Rice and Allison are exciting together

hx38596
12-13-2007, 06:33 PM
"With the 24th pick, the Minnesota Vikings select Malcolm Kelly."

singersp
12-13-2007, 06:40 PM
"ItalianStallion" wrote:

"gtinker63" wrote:

75% of the balls?
Come on.

All of our receivers have dropped balls this season. Some even moreso than Williams. Show me a stat of catchable balls thrown to our receivers this year & how many have been caught & how many have been dropped.

Don't be dwelling on last year like many of you are. This year Troy has caught most of the catchable passes thrown his way.

I just LMAO at the riduculousness here when someone accuses Troy of dropping a ball when the ball is overthrown or off its mark & he doesn't even get a finger on it.

Sorry boys, no matter how you slice it, that is not a dropped ball.

I was sitting next to a PP.O member at one of the earlier games this season & there was a pass that was overthrown past T-Will that was uncatchable. I turned to him & said, "You just watch, someone will start a thread bashing him for dropping that ball".

LMAO, sure enough, some hater did & it had several replies.

jessejames09
12-13-2007, 06:55 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"ItalianStallion" wrote:

"gtinker63" wrote:

75% of the balls?
Come on.

All of our receivers have dropped balls this season. Some even moreso than Williams. Show me a stat of catchable balls thrown to our receivers this year & how many have been caught & how many have been dropped.

Don't be dwelling on last year like many of you are. This year Troy has caught most of the catchable passes thrown his way.

I just LMAO at the riduculousness here when someone accuses Troy of dropping a ball when the ball is overthrown or off its mark & he doesn't even get a finger on it.

I was sitting next to a PP.O member at one of the earlier games this season & there was a pass that was overthrown past T-Will that was uncatchable. I turned to him & said, "You just watch, someone will start a thread bashing him for dropping that ball".

He can catch balls this year, but he still looks shaky doing so, and he doesn't to anything after. Catching balls every NFL receiver should catch does not warrant his salary whatever it may be (32 million over seven years. Average of 4.5/year then subtract incentives he wont earn.)

tb04512
12-13-2007, 06:58 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"ItalianStallion" wrote:

"gtinker63" wrote:

75% of the balls?
Come on.

i agree he has done fine this year when he is thrown the ball and he is a good run blocker, people dont wanna give credit where credit is due, imo when he gets on the field again they need to make an effort to get him the ball

Mr Anderson
12-13-2007, 07:22 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"ItalianStallion" wrote:

"gtinker63" wrote:

75% of the balls?
Come on.

After last weekend, I'm not concerned with the hands of anyone named Williams on our team
;D

purplepowered
12-13-2007, 07:47 PM
I think williamson can still get into the game if he can gain his confidence. Look what the whole team has done since the beginning of the year with confidence. Take a look at Tjack. Same thing give him more time, he hasnt had all the opps this year. I still feel and agree with jessijames that you acnt teach speed! I think he can still be a great reciever, however I think Rice will be our go to guy now!

ItalianStallion
12-13-2007, 08:36 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"ItalianStallion" wrote:

"gtinker63" wrote:

75% of the balls?
Come on.

I don't care a bout dropped balls, that's not my point. I care about the fact that pretty much everytime he's out of the lineup, he gets outperformed by whoever takes his spot as the starter.

singersp
12-13-2007, 08:43 PM
"ItalianStallion" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"ItalianStallion" wrote:

"gtinker63" wrote:

75% of the balls?
Come on.

I don't care a bout dropped balls, that's not my point. I care about the fact that pretty much everytime he's out of the lineup, he gets outperformed by whoever takes his spot as the starter.

When Ferguson was first here I believe he played in place of T-Will. He was dropping balls right & left & some people here wanted us to cut him. He has gotten more opportunities & has really picked up his game. Last week was a great example of that.

Json
12-13-2007, 09:04 PM
Williamson has not performed that well since being draft and thats the bottom line and should go at years end.
It seems to me that over the season Childress has lost some respect for Williamson.
I can't recall the last decent remark he's made about him besides in training camp he said that he felt Williamson had made some strides expecially with his eyes.

I'm not sure exactly what's happened over the course of the year but I agree with a few others that Williamson will be gone next season.
It's too bad IMO because I really had some high hopes for the guy but like Italian Stallion said it just seems he never took advantages of his opportunitys when they where given and a few other guys came up with a few more plays to push WIlliiamson back even further on the depth chart.

Seems to me that both Williamson and Erasmus James will turn out to be 1st round busts.
Not that Erasmus didn't have the talent but injuries are injuries so neither of them have helped win games for the vikes which qualify's as a bust IMO.

ItalianStallion
12-13-2007, 09:10 PM
"singersp" wrote:

When Ferguson was first here I believe he played in place of T-Will. He was dropping balls right & left & some people here wanted us to cut him. He has gotten more opportunities & has really picked up his game. Last week was a great example of that.

Are you arguing for or against Ferguson.
Last time I checked Williamson has been here 3 years now, Ferguson had just gotten here.
But ignoring the fact that Williamson is having his worst season statistically to this point (although he can catch, yay!), it getting outperformed on returns by a rookie (and most everyone who decides to), and clearly has demonstrated throughout the season that his heart and mind are elsewhere, lets look at the statistics per average start

Bobby Wade
3.2 catches-38 yards- 0.1TDs

Sidney Rice
2.8 catches-44 yards- 0.5 TDs (and has produced relatively well as a backup)

Robert Ferguson
2.6 catches-28 yards-0.2 TDs

Troy Williamson
1.4 catches-23 yards-0.14 TDs

Hmm last in pretty much every category

Some thoughts:

Aundrae Allison has as many touchdowns as Williamson does this year and he has never started, rarely plays as a WR and was not even active for 5 games

Sidney Rice has more TDs than Williamson does in his career, in 25 less games (17 less as a starter)

Adrian Peterson has tied Williamson's career TD mark in 2 separate games this year (3TDs)

Kevin Williams has more career TDs than Williamson

Darren Sharper has as many TD catches (INTs) as Williamson the past 3 seasons

But no, I agree, Williamson will be a playmaker, he just needs more "opportunity".

Purple Floyd
12-13-2007, 09:27 PM
"ItalianStallion" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

Are you arguing for or against Ferguson.
Last time I checked Williamson has been here 3 years now, Ferguson had just gotten here.
But ignoring the fact that Williamson is having his worst season statistically to this point (although he can catch, yay!), it getting outperformed on returns by a rookie (and most everyone who decides to), and clearly has demonstrated throughout the season that his heart and mind are elsewhere, lets look at the statistics per average start

Bobby Wade
3.2 catches-38 yards- 0.1TDs

Sidney Rice
2.8 catches-44 yards- 0.5 TDs (and has produced relatively well as a backup)

Robert Ferguson
2.6 catches-28 yards-0.2 TDs

Troy Williamson
1.4 catches-23 yards-0.14 TDs

Hmm last in pretty much every category

Some thoughts:

Aundrae Allison has as many touchdowns as Williamson does this year and he has never started, rarely plays as a WR and was not even active for 5 games

Sidney Rice has more TDs than Williamson does in his career, in 25 less games (17 less as a starter)

Adrian Peterson has tied Williamson's career TD mark in 2 separate games this year (3TDs)

Kevin Williams has more career TDs than Williamson

Darren Sharper has as many TD catches (INTs) as Williamson the past 3 seasons

But no, I agree, Williamson will be a playmaker, he just needs more "opportunity".

Now that puts some things into perspective.

PurpleGator
12-13-2007, 09:31 PM
"kramer9guy" wrote:

"COJOMAY" wrote:

Whether or not he plays again this season, I don't think he'll be back next year.

Thats probably not a bad thing.

MaxVike
12-13-2007, 09:32 PM
He's done...too bad.

CCthebest
12-13-2007, 09:41 PM
How anyone can stick up for Twill is beyond me. Hes underacheived since the day he was drafted, Hes had his chances and failed while other WRs have stepped it up. Hes caused more turmoil thens hes worth. I hope we droped him and the fudgepackers pick him up.

carolinafan
12-14-2007, 01:00 AM
"CCthebest" wrote:

How anyone can stick up for Twill is beyond me. Hes underacheived since the day he was drafted, Hes had his chances and failed while other WRs have stepped it up. Hes caused more turmoil thens hes worth. I hope we droped him and the fudgepackers pick him up.

Hey, if the Mayo clinic said his head doesn't hurt, then it must be true?
My wife's headaches must not be real either.
She had a CT scan that was normal.
Yet her head hurts so bad that she can't see 5 days out of 7.
I know tons of people with migraines that have normal exams.
There's a hundred reasons for headaches but if a doctor can't find anything, then there's nothing wrong..........right?
I mean, doctor's are gods aren't they.
You people amaze me.

Frostbite
12-14-2007, 01:08 AM
I just don't know about Williamson but the team seems to give up on players to early on occasion. Some of these players end up on other teams and shine down the road. I believe Troy may be one of these. He isn't helping us currently so it's probably time to turn the man loose, but it wouldn't surprise me if he goes on and plays better for another team.

Cheers!

DustinDupont
12-14-2007, 01:36 AM
"Frostbite" wrote:

I just don't know about Williamson but the team seems to give up on players to early on occasion. Some of these players end up on other teams and shine down the road. I believe Troy may be one of these. He isn't helping us currently so it's probably time to turn the man loose, but it wouldn't surprise me if he goes on and plays better for another team.

Cheers!

i would rather have williamson for one more year... and then if doesnt do anything then cut the ties... but i agree we will probably lose him after this year

ItalianStallion
12-14-2007, 01:57 AM
"carolinafan" wrote:

"CCthebest" wrote:

Hey, if the Mayo clinic said his head doesn't hurt, then it must be true?
My wife's headaches must not be real either.
She had a CT scan that was normal.
Yet her head hurts so bad that she can't see 5 days out of 7.
I know tons of people with migraines that have normal exams.
There's a hundred reasons for headaches but if a doctor can't find anything, then there's nothing wrong..........right?
I mean, doctor's are gods aren't they.
You people amaze me.

Neither the clinic nor the doctor's said his head didn't hurt, simply that there was nothing physiologically wrong with it (ie. there was no significant risk of furthur injury or aggravation).
Many diseases including migraines are idiopathic, meaning there are several hypothesized reasons for their occurance but no solid cause or pathway has been elucidated.

Everyone gets headaches, that doesn't imply that something has to be wrong...maybe his vision is so screwy he strains his eyes...

COJOMAY
12-14-2007, 02:04 AM
Williamson waits for a shot with Vikings
http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/12492871.html
The last time the Vikings played the Chicago Bears, Troy Williamson caught what appeared to be the most significant pass of his career. He sprinted past Bears safety Adam Archuletta, headed toward the end zone and caught a 60-yard touchdown pass with the ease of a routine practice play.

It was the kind of catch the Vikings had expected plenty of from Williamson, whose speed and big-play potential made him the No. 7 overall pick of the 2005 draft.

Instead, it might prove to be the highlight of his Vikings career...

Prophet
12-14-2007, 05:02 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"ItalianStallion" wrote:

"gtinker63" wrote:

75% of the balls?
Come on.

Yeah, I like guys on the team that can't play because their feelings were hurt.
Williamson leaving the team wouldn't be worth the ink it takes to print the news.

singersp
12-14-2007, 05:30 AM
"Prophet" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"ItalianStallion" wrote:

"gtinker63" wrote:

75% of the balls?
Come on.

Williamson leaving the team wouldn't be worth the ink it takes to print the news.

I'm not saying he should be on the team next year. I wouldn't lose sleep ver it either way.I like the corp of young receivers we have now. All I'm saying is that he hasn't dropped nowhere near the number of balls this year that several members here claim he did.

If a ball sails 5 yards over his head, they count that as a dropped pass. LMAO! I'll call bullshit on that everytime.

Prophet
12-14-2007, 05:35 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"ItalianStallion" wrote:

"gtinker63" wrote:

75% of the balls?
Come on.

I'm not saying he should be on the team next year. I wouldn't lose sleep ver it either way.I like the corp of young receivers we have now. All I'm saying is that he hasn't dropped nowhere near the number of balls this year that several members here claim he did.

If a ball sails 5 yards over his head, they count that as a dropped pass. LMAO! I'll call bullshit on that everytime.

Agree.
Once someone builds up a reputation it takes a while to change it.
To me he has built up a reputation of being questionable that goes beyond the drops and into the realm of being a spineless whining little pussy.
A guy that has not lived up to his expectations and then whines to the press about the coaching staff.

singersp
12-14-2007, 06:16 AM
"Prophet" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"ItalianStallion" wrote:

75% of the balls?
Come on.

Agree.
To me he has built up a reputation of being questionable that goes beyond the drops and into the realm of being a spineless whining little pussy.
A guy that has not lived up to his expectations and then whines to the press about the coaching staff.

It's the fans & the medias expectations he hasn't lived up to, not necessarily his. The media & the fans are the ones who hyped him up & when he didn't live up to their expectations they let him have it.

It wasn't Williamson who touted himself as a top 10 pick & an equally good receiver. That was expected of him only because he was selected no. 7 in the draft. He didn't pick himself, the Vikings did, which set the stage for certain high goals that they expected, that Williamson was probably never capable of obtaining.

It was no secret in college that he didn't have great hands, yet he was still drafted much higher than he should have been.

I just find it ironic that some of the same people who are bitching about the Williamson pick are the same ones that wanted the Vikings to select Mike Williams instead.

singersp
12-14-2007, 07:08 AM
Minnesota Vikings' Troy Williamson ready but may not go (http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_7716864)

BY DON SEEHOLZER and SEAN JENSEN
Pioneer Press

Article Last Updated: 12/14/2007 12:22:49 AM CST

His headache problems behind him, wide receiver Troy Williamson returned to the practice field for the Vikings on Thursday.....

Prophet
12-14-2007, 08:22 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

75% of the balls?
Come on.

Agree.

It's the fans & the medias expectations he hasn't lived up to, not necessarily his. The media & the fans are the ones who hyped him up & when he didn't live up to their expectations they let him have it.

It wasn't Williamson who touted himself as a top 10 pick & an equally good receiver. That was expected of him only because he was selected no. 7 in the draft. He didn't pick himself, the Vikings did, which set the stage for certain high goals that they expected, that Williamson was probably never capable of obtaining.

It was no secret in college that he didn't have great hands, yet he was still drafted much higher than he should have been.

I just find it ironic that some of the same people who are bitching about the Williamson pick are the same ones that wanted the Vikings to select Mike Williams instead.

Yeah, I remember the Mike Williams love fest going on too.
Williamson was a top draft pick on many charts, he hasn't panned out yet.
Most WRs are a dime a dozen, the Jerry Rices of the world are few and far between.
Even on the Vikings depth chart Williamson should be no higher than a #3 if you're feeling generous.
I would not lose a wink of sleep if they traded him for a bag of doritos and a moon pie.

singersp
12-14-2007, 08:36 AM
"Prophet" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

75% of the balls?
Come on.

Agree.

Yeah, I remember the Mike Williams love fest going on too.
Williamson was a top draft pick on many charts, he hasn't panned out yet.
Most WRs are a dime a dozen, the Jerry Rices of the world are few and far between.
Even on the Vikings depth chart Williamson should be no higher than a #3 if you're feeling generous.
I would not lose a wink of sleep if they traded him for a bag of doritos and a moon pie.

It would have to be at least two Moonpies. It's hard to eat only one. Must have another.

Prophet
12-14-2007, 08:38 AM
Williamson cleared to return, but Vikings have crowd at receiver (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7563258)
Updated: December 14, 2007, 6:33 AM EST
AP

ejmat
12-14-2007, 09:12 AM
I think the real problem here is Childress is upset with Williamson over the entire AWOL thing.
Headaches can be psychosomatic as well.
I think troy is experianceing the headaches stemming from depression.
He's had a hard time off the field and on the field.
Everyone had high expectations for the guy and he hasn't had a good career.
That could get to people's psyche.

Personally if Williamson is here next year or not I could care less.
He seems like a fine young man but a football player I really don't know.
He has made good improvements this year in catching and blocking.
I think he could still be a good football player but he needs to work on his mental health first.
That's just my opinion.
I could be totally wrong.