PDA

View Full Version : ALL Purple on Monday

vikesoto
12-13-2007, 04:36 PM
I heard that the Vikings will be in ALL purple for the Bears game Monday night. Purple jerseys and purple pants. Viking Patrick said he heard it on KFAN, anyone else hear about that...

BadlandsVikings
12-13-2007, 04:37 PM
http://www.kale.com/buckkale/barney.jpg

COJOMAY
12-13-2007, 04:45 PM
"BadlandsViking" wrote:

Isn't that guy gay!
;D

PurplePowerPunch
12-13-2007, 04:49 PM
:DSweet!!! Purple Power baby!!! I was waiting for this to happen, those uni's will be cool to see.

purplepowered
12-13-2007, 05:09 PM
I didnt hear about it but it sure would be cool to see! I am game! Lets rock the Dome and Bring tfirst playoff for
The Boss! He deserves it for doing what he has and opening his pocket book for our players we need and getting some rules set for our players etc. Thanks Zyggi!

x-ray jeff
12-13-2007, 05:16 PM
Man I hope not !! Those purple pants look stupid. I guess it doesn't matter what they wear as long as they stomp the Bears.

funkyasflea
12-13-2007, 05:17 PM
:-/
I always get supersticious when teams do stuff like that.
Playerrs are not used to seeing their teammates in those colors.
I know it does not make that big of a difference, but you know how it is.
I was a psychology major, and we studied the effect a change of the environment can have on performance.
Like how if you are studying for a test it actually helps you remember if yo uwear the same cloths you studied in, drink the same drink that you were drinking while studying, or wear the same cologne/perfume.
It helps the mind remain at ease and remember every detail you went over in preparation.

PurplePowerPunch
12-13-2007, 05:28 PM
"funkyasflea" wrote:

I was a psychology major, and we studied the effect a change of the environment can have on performance.
Like how if you are studying for a test it actually helps you remember if yo uwear the same cloths you studied in, drink the same drink that you were drinking while studying, or wear the same cologne/perfume.
It helps the mind remain at ease and remember every detail you went over in preparation.

It's just new uni's dude!!! As long as we beat the Bears in them, I'm good.

funkyasflea
12-13-2007, 05:30 PM
"PurplePowerPunch" wrote:

"funkyasflea" wrote:

I know, it probably won't make a difference.
I just have the "don't ever change anything if it is working well" mentality

NodakPaul
12-13-2007, 05:32 PM
I am a little leary of this rumor - because purple on purple isn't one of the uniform combinations released last year (Purple on white, white on white, and white on purple).

Technically teams can make minor changes each year.
For instance, they changed to white socks on the purple pants this year (thank God).
But major uniform changes I believe are limited by the league to once every five years.
This is to prevent a team from constantly changing the uniform to drive up revenue sales.

I also believe a team can only have one away, one home, and one alternate uniform combination.
We have seen all three uniform combinations, plus the throwback. (purple on purple at every home game, white on white at every regular season away game, and hite on purple at the Jets (preseason) - although I don't know if the rule applies to preseason or not.

Also, the NFL restricts the number of times a team can wear its alternate uniform combination to twice a year.
I am not sure if the throw back counted as an alternate uniform or not.

NodakPaul
12-13-2007, 05:38 PM
"funkyasflea" wrote:

"PurplePowerPunch" wrote:

"funkyasflea" wrote:

I know, it probably won't make a difference.

That is actually very, very true.
It is well documented in psychology.
But I would expect that they practice in the uniform combo that they would be wearing.
Maybe this is where the rumor came from... Was practice open to the press today?

Mr. Purple
12-13-2007, 05:39 PM
I like it! Think it'll look good!

NodakPaul
12-13-2007, 05:48 PM
Don't get so excited people, I have not found ANY references to this rumor.
Not even on KFAN.com,
I don't think there is any truth to it.
Maybe - but I doubt it.

NodakPaul
12-13-2007, 05:59 PM
OK, so I finally found this rumor posted somewhere else, but it is hardly a reputable source.
Some Sports Editor from Detroit Lakes put it in his blog last week.

http://www.areavoices.com/inthezone/
[quote]Random thoughts

1. Well, doesn't look like yet tonight that Johan Santana is going to be dealt. Is not too bad a deal if the Twins can keep him. They'll need him to keep in a tough Central Division race which includes pitching to the potent Cleveland lineup and also the new and improved Detroit lineup which includes Miguel Cabrara. That is going to be one scaring lineup.

2. Here's a little interesting tidbit from Viking history. With the introduction of the Viking purple pants last year, has there ever been a purple-on-purple uniform?

Of course there has, but it's been a while. Norm Van Brocklin ordered a midquarter change of uniforms when both teams had white tops and the Vikings had their purple pants. In between the first and second quarter, Van Brocklin ordered a uniform change to the Vikings going purple tops and they were already wearing their purple pants.

It was the only time in Viking history that the team was all purple. There is a little rumor that if the Vikes beat San Francisco, they may go all purple for the Monday night game against Chicago. Might be interesting, but if you believe in luck or karma....the Vikings lost that game they wore both pants and uni being purple in 1965. So I say...skip it...don't push karma.

Don't believe me...take a look: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4PkqeOhKck

Posted by: Brian W. on 12/05/2007 at 9:00 PM | Comments (0) | Permalink [/qtuoe]

C Mac D
12-13-2007, 06:11 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

OK, so I finally found this rumor posted somewhere else, but it is hardly a reputable source.
Some Sports Editor from Detroit Lakes put it in his blog last week.

http://www.areavoices.com/inthezone/

Random thoughts

1. Well, doesn't look like yet tonight that Johan Santana is going to be dealt. Is not too bad a deal if the Twins can keep him. They'll need him to keep in a tough Central Division race which includes pitching to the potent Cleveland lineup and also the new and improved Detroit lineup which includes Miguel Cabrara. That is going to be one scaring lineup.

2. Here's a little interesting tidbit from Viking history. With the introduction of the Viking purple pants last year, has there ever been a purple-on-purple uniform?

Of course there has, but it's been a while. Norm Van Brocklin ordered a midquarter change of uniforms when both teams had white tops and the Vikings had their purple pants. In between the first and second quarter, Van Brocklin ordered a uniform change to the Vikings going purple tops and they were already wearing their purple pants.

It was the only time in Viking history that the team was all purple. There is a little rumor that if the Vikes beat San Francisco, they may go all purple for the Monday night game against Chicago. Might be interesting, but if you believe in luck or karma....the Vikings lost that game they wore both pants and uni being purple in 1965. So I say...skip it...don't push karma.

Don't believe me...take a look: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4PkqeOhKck

Posted by: Brian W. on 12/05/2007 at 9:00 PM | Comments (0) | Permalink

Looks like his mugshot:

http://www.areavoices.com/inthezone/images/InTheZone.jpg

vikesoto
12-13-2007, 06:33 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

Not even on KFAN.com,
Maybe - but I doubt it.

Viking Patrick said he "HEARD" it said on KFAN this morning ... so it's possible. I hate that idea, toooooo high school look for my taste. BUT, if the Vikes win, who cares !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PURPLE GANG BABY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr Anderson
12-13-2007, 06:54 PM
I've always hated the purple pants. Always will.

We don't wanna see Phat Pat running around looking like Violet Beauregarde...
http://www.jwz.org/images/violet7.jpg

hx38596
12-13-2007, 06:55 PM
"vikesoto" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

Not even on KFAN.com,
Maybe - but I doubt it.

Viking Patrick said he "HEARD" it said on KFAN this morning ... so it's possible. I hate that idea, toooooo high school look for my taste. BUT, if the Vikes win, who cares !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PURPLE GANG BABY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Na... I heard they were blue..
purplish blue

PurplePumpkin
12-13-2007, 08:31 PM
I have been hoping they would try it...just once anyways

I think it would look Bad@ss

Zeus
12-13-2007, 10:18 PM
"PurplePumpkin" wrote:

I think it would look fucking stupid.

=Z=

Mr Anderson
12-13-2007, 10:32 PM
"Zeus" wrote:

"PurplePumpkin" wrote:

=Z=

Well said.

MaxVike
12-13-2007, 10:46 PM
all black is cool...almost can't even imagine all purple.
Actually, I think Kansas State has done it.
They looked like a bunch of dipshits.

mr.woo
12-13-2007, 10:48 PM
we would like a bunch of raisins. and who likes raisins?

litlharsh
12-13-2007, 10:59 PM
Please god, let this happen.

VikingMike
12-13-2007, 11:21 PM
"COJOMAY" wrote:

"BadlandsViking" wrote:

Isn't that guy gay!
;D

I think this one is!
;D
http://re3.mm-a7.yimg.com/image/3908020997

josdin00
12-13-2007, 11:26 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

I am a little leary of this rumor - because purple on purple isn't one of the uniform combinations released last year (Purple on white, white on white, and white on purple).

For instance, they changed to white socks on the purple pants this year (thank God).
But major uniform changes I believe are limited by the league to once every five years.
This is to prevent a team from constantly changing the uniform to drive up revenue sales.

I also believe a team can only have one away, one home, and one alternate uniform combination.
We have seen all three uniform combinations, plus the throwback. (purple on purple at every home game, white on white at every regular season away game, and hite on purple at the Jets (preseason) - although I don't know if the rule applies to preseason or not.

Also, the NFL restricts the number of times a team can wear its alternate uniform combination to twice a year.

The NFL states that the alternate color jersey can only be worn twice during the regular season. This year, the Vikings alternate was the throw-back for the game against the Packers. As for the regular jerseys, the home team picks whether they wear the dark or the white jersey. I think either team can pick whichever of the 'regular' pants they want to wear with their jersey. I don't think the NFL regulates the jersey/pants combinations at all.

DustinDupont
12-13-2007, 11:43 PM
thats sweet!!!

StillPurple
12-14-2007, 01:07 AM
Question: when did an NFL team in all-one-color win the Super Bowl ? Ever ?

The only team I know that wears all-purple is Northwestern University. Ouch.
:P

I can't say I dislike it til I see it, but hey, they have already messed with the jerseys. Wasn't that enough for them ? (I guess I am Old School on this).

Zeus
12-14-2007, 08:14 AM
"StillPurple" wrote:

I can't say I dislike it til I see it, but hey, they have already messed with the jerseys. Wasn't that enough for them ? (I guess I am Old School on this).

In general, I dislike a single-color look, no matter what the color.

And I *really* dislike fucking around with a winning streak.

=Z=

Prophet
12-14-2007, 08:32 AM
"Zeus" wrote:

"StillPurple" wrote:

=Z=

So, what you're saying is that if they go all purple and lose it is the uniform's fault?
Brilliant.
I might shave my asshairs right before the game.

PurpleTide
12-14-2007, 08:48 AM
Myself I think they will look cool, and as long as they bash the boars, all will be well. I was wondering if they were gonna suit up in those purple pants this season. Bring the pain purple gang. ~Skol

marcosMN
12-14-2007, 09:26 AM
"funkyasflea" wrote:

That's exactly why I haven't re-painted my gameday mask yet.

It's all chipped up, but I'm afraid a new coat of paint would somehow diminish its symbolism of the hard-fought season thus far.

[hr]

EDIT: As far as the alternate uniforms go, I'd hope these highly-paid athletes were prepared well enough that this slight change won't make a difference. I don't think it will, but I felt obligated to add something to the thread... lol

V-Unit
12-14-2007, 09:41 AM
"josdin00" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

The NFL states that the alternate color jersey can only be worn twice during the regular season. This year, the Vikings alternate was the throw-back for the game against the Packers. As for the regular jerseys, the home team picks whether they wear the dark or the white jersey. I think either team can pick whichever of the 'regular' pants they want to wear with their jersey. I don't think the NFL regulates the jersey/pants combinations at all.

It would be our 5th combination:
1. Purple-White
2. White-Purple
3. All White
4. Throwback
5. All Purple

Titans
1. White-Dark Blue
2. White-Light Blue
3. All Dark Blue
4. Dark Blue-White
5. Light Blue-Dark Blue

Texans
1. All Blue
2. All Red
3. All White
4. Blue-White
5. White-Blue

There may be more teams, but it is rare. Most have 4 combinations. However, anything is possible. The rules do not prevent it.

NodakPaul
12-14-2007, 09:49 AM
"V" wrote:

"josdin00" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

1. Purple-White
2. White-Purple
3. All White
4. Throwback
5. All Purple

Titans
1. White-Dark Blue
2. White-Light Blue
3. All Dark Blue
4. Dark Blue-White
5. Light Blue-Dark Blue

Texans
1. All Blue
2. All Red
3. All White
4. Blue-White
5. White-Blue

There may be more teams, but it is rare. Most have 4 combinations. However, anything is possible. The rules do not prevent it.

Did the Titans and Texans wear all five combinations in a single season?
I am having a hard time digging up the link now, but I could swear that the NFL uniform policy limited the number of combinations a team could field in a season.
I could definately be wrong though.

Zeus
12-14-2007, 09:53 AM
"Prophet" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"StillPurple" wrote:

So, what you're saying is that if they go all purple and lose it is the uniform's fault?
Brilliant.

When a player - in any sport - is playing well and things are going well, then ANY change, even to something so esoteric as the uniform scheme, can cause that to be derailed.

=Z=

SharperImage
12-14-2007, 10:19 AM
The Texans kicked ass in the All RED uni's yesterday. why cant we kick ass in the all Purple uni's

and the texans looked nice in HD in all Red 8)

Hey it worked for the texans.. it might work for us.

jargomcfargo
12-14-2007, 10:56 AM
"SnoBumMN" wrote:

"funkyasflea" wrote:

It's all chipped up, but I'm afraid a new coat of paint would somehow diminish its symbolism of the hard-fought season thus far.

[hr]

EDIT: As far as the alternate uniforms go, I'd hope these highly-paid athletes were prepared well enough that this slight change won't make a difference. I don't think it will, but I felt obligated to add something to the thread... lol

I haven't changed my drawers in 4 weeks! Does that qualify as a superstition ?

NodakPaul
12-14-2007, 11:16 AM
"jargomcfargo" wrote:

"SnoBumMN" wrote:

"funkyasflea" wrote:

[hr]

I haven't changed my drawers in 4 weeks! Does that qualify as a superstition ?

Nope, just gross. ;)

MinnesotaFury
12-14-2007, 11:44 AM
Give the all purple a shot, I like the idea.

Suick
12-14-2007, 11:52 AM
I 'm thinking about painting my nads purple & gold and going commado all day Monday 8)

VikingMike
12-14-2007, 12:02 PM
"Zeus" wrote:

"PurplePumpkin" wrote:

=Z=

Agreed...that would look ugly.

But I'm wearing purple to the office on Monday.
;D

Ltrey33
12-14-2007, 02:58 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"StillPurple" wrote:

=Z=

Brilliant.

I've used the same piece of mint flavored dental floss since we first won 4 weeks ago. I don't want to do anything to ruin the good karma.

BadlandsVikings
12-14-2007, 03:08 PM
"Ltrey" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"StillPurple" wrote:

=Z=

Brilliant.

I've used the same piece of mint flavored dental floss since we first won 4 weeks ago. I don't want to do anything to ruin the good karma.

lol, I bet that smells good

jargomcfargo
12-14-2007, 03:10 PM
"BadlandsViking" wrote:

"Ltrey" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"StillPurple" wrote:

And I *really* dislike fricken around with a winning streak.

=Z=

Brilliant.

lol, I bet that smells good

Only if you have teeth !

PurplePumpkin
12-14-2007, 03:36 PM
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b56/iamjacksscreenname/AD-purple-alt.jpg

I like it!

COJOMAY
12-14-2007, 03:40 PM
I agree, I think it looks good!

jessejames09
12-14-2007, 03:45 PM
"PurplePumpkin" wrote:

I like it!

Great job man. I like it too.

I was trying to do the same thing yesterday, i was trying to find a pair of legs that matched up with the torso though lol. Needless to say i failed miserably.

V-Unit
12-14-2007, 04:10 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

"V" wrote:

"josdin00" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

1. Purple-White
2. White-Purple
3. All White
4. Throwback
5. All Purple

Titans
1. White-Dark Blue
2. White-Light Blue
3. All Dark Blue
4. Dark Blue-White
5. Light Blue-Dark Blue

Texans
1. All Blue
2. All Red
3. All White
4. Blue-White
5. White-Blue

Did the Titans and Texans wear all five combinations in a single season?
I am having a hard time digging up the link now, but I could swear that the NFL uniform policy limited the number of combinations a team could field in a season.
I could definately be wrong though.

Yes, THIS Season.

NodakPaul
12-14-2007, 04:24 PM
"jessejames09" wrote:

"PurplePumpkin" wrote:

I like it!

Great job man. I like it too.

I was trying to do the same thing yesterday, i was trying to find a pair of legs that matched up with the torso though lol. Needless to say i failed miserably.

Huh.

Not bad actually - much better than I was envisioning it in my mind.
I would bet the socks would be white though - we learned from that horrid leotard look last year.

(Crap - now they've even got me thinking about it!
I still say it is completely unfounded! ;))

BadlandsVikings
12-14-2007, 04:29 PM
Phat Pat in all purple is going to make him look like a huge grape

StillPurple
12-14-2007, 05:50 PM
LOL. True !!
;D

... a giant grape that jams the line and prevents running.
;D
Like that grape thingy in the underwear commercial.

I actually think that uni combination is not so bad, now that I see it.

BTW, I once read this thing where some dude was saying that wearing all dark colors somehow makes a team slower, because of psychology. I never really got it, but his idea was, a receiver looks at himself in the mirror without white pants and thinks "slow".

Mr Anderson
12-14-2007, 09:41 PM
"PurplePumpkin" wrote:

I like it!

http://e-strategy.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/new_uniform_antione_winfield.jpg

If the pants were actually a matte purple like that they'd look a lot better IMO, but they're metallic and hideous and will look nowhere near as nice as they do in that picture you made.

jessejames09
12-14-2007, 09:52 PM
"Mr" wrote:

"PurplePumpkin" wrote:

I like it!

http://e-strategy.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/new_uniform_antione_winfield.jpg

If the pants were actually a matte purple like that they'd look a lot better IMO, but they're metallic and hideous and will look nowhere near as nice as they do in that picture you made.

Of course you had to pick that picture, it used to be on the vikings.com site homepage.

DaVizzles
12-14-2007, 09:54 PM
I think it will look sweet!

wilson
12-15-2007, 01:52 AM
If it happens, it won't be the first time...

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c9/skyaa1/IMG_0860.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c9/skyaa1/IMG_0856.jpg

This happened in 1964. The Vikes were gonna wear their whites at home, just to show them off to the fans who only get to see the purple. Well, the Lions didnt get the memo, so they showed up intheir usual white aways. As you can imagine it must have been quite confusing with all the white jerseys, so the Vikes changed into the purple tops on the sidelines, and here we have probably the NFL's first all-one-color uni. The Vikes lost 24-20, and shortly ditched the purple pants unitl this past season.

PurpleGator
12-16-2007, 03:21 PM
I will be wearing all purple on Monday, even though I live in Florida!

SharperImage
12-17-2007, 07:44 PM
ALL PURPLE BABY!! IT LOOKS GOOD!!!!!

jessejames09
12-17-2007, 08:05 PM
Yeah they are actually wearing all purple, espn just showed Tarvaris walking around. Looks alright.

x-ray jeff
12-17-2007, 08:21 PM
I figured I would hate that combo, but there is enough white on the pants and jersey to break up the all purple. Not as bad looking as I thought it would be.

PurpleGator
12-17-2007, 09:12 PM
Lets go Vikings!

marstc09
12-17-2007, 09:19 PM
Love the all purple!

PurplePowerPunch
12-17-2007, 09:27 PM
"marstc09" wrote:

Love the all purple!

Me too. Purple Posse!!!

kjdaddy
12-17-2007, 10:04 PM
"marstc09" wrote:

Love the all purple!

All purple is the best!

Garland Greene
12-17-2007, 11:11 PM
I like the all purple. I have been looking for them to wear it since they debut the new uni's

Zeus
12-18-2007, 01:23 AM
"marstc09" wrote:

Love the all purple!

Hated it.

=Z=

COJOMAY
12-18-2007, 01:25 AM
"Zeus" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

Love the all purple!

Hated it.

=Z=

Me too! Glad that experiment is over with!

Nooks
12-18-2007, 01:35 AM
I liked it!

Mr-holland
12-18-2007, 01:48 AM
Loved it!

BadlandsVikings
12-18-2007, 01:54 AM
It was stupid, looked like a bunch of grapes

idahovikefan7
12-18-2007, 02:05 AM
I thought it was pretty great...something new i guess.

DustinDupont
12-18-2007, 02:23 AM
i thought they looked good!

happy camper
12-18-2007, 02:25 AM
Kinda cool. I like the white pants better though.

marcosMN
12-18-2007, 09:50 AM
The purple pants suck ass.

They have got to be the ugliest uniforms ever worn.

If it wasn't for missing future Vikings wins, I'd have gouged my own eyes out with my keys the second they took the field.

Zeus
12-18-2007, 09:51 AM
"SnoBumMN" wrote:

The purple pants suck ass.

They have got to be the ugliest uniforms ever worn.

If it wasn't for missing future Vikings wins, I'd have gouged my own eyes out with my keys the second they took the field.

Well, I'm glad you held off, since I would have had to deal with the mess.

=Z=

bleedpurple
12-18-2007, 10:18 AM
I have been saying for the past five years for us to wear purple.. and been asking for the purple pants before that..

I personally, loved it!! was not expecting us to do that, but it was freakin awesome.. i kept saying if we loose it's becasue we changed it up... but i was like atleast we look sweet tho!!!... but i'm glad we won and wore the purple.. i hope we continue to wear them and possible wear them often... there's soo much you can do with our colors, that we should keep switching it up.. all purple, all gold, gold pants purple stripe, just switch it up and try it.. it can't hurt to see what it looks like.. but definately the ALL PURPLE looked cool as hell!!

Hey you gotta let purple Jesus wear all purple.. it just makes sense...

Mr Anderson
12-18-2007, 10:21 AM
Would have looked better with white socks.

I prefer the white pants at home though.

And on the road, nothing beats white on white.

SharperImage
12-18-2007, 10:23 AM
"Mr" wrote:

Would have looked better with white socks.

I prefer the white pants at home though.

And on the road, nothing beats white on white.

whats wrong with a darker color...why everyone like only WHITE pants and uni's....why dont the vikings got a black jersey...I smell racism..lol JK.JK

Marrdro
12-18-2007, 10:58 AM
For the life of me I wonder how you guys (GUYS) pay so much attention to what they are wearing.

I for one only saw some piss poor play coupled with some decent play at times which constituted a win and never once worried about the color of thier pants.
;D

gtinker63
12-18-2007, 11:03 AM
I was very excited when I heard they were going to be wearing all purple.
However, I thought it looked terrible.
They should throw the purple pants out.
They look bad on the road and bad at home.
The white pants is the way to go.

COJOMAY
12-18-2007, 11:06 AM
From "Access Vikings" in the Star/Tribune newspaper:

*Yes, the Vikings wore purple jerseys and purple pants for one of the few times in team history and not since the early 1960’s. No surprise, but it appears NT Pat Williams had a big role in arranging the wardrobe change. And as of last night, he decided it was a one-and-done affair. “It was a lot of purple,” Williams said. “Maybe too much purple. I’ve already told coach [Brad] Childress that we’re not wearing them next week. No way. We’re going back to purple jerseys and white pants.”

swardsooner
12-18-2007, 11:49 AM
From an "impartial" viewer who just wants to watch the Sooners beloved AD work magic,
I thought the all purple was sharp for a change-up look.

skum
12-18-2007, 12:15 PM
All Purple looked sweet.. I wish they were our prefered uniforms..

purplepowered
12-18-2007, 12:25 PM
Perfection Purple! I like em alot! My preference!

bleedpurple
12-18-2007, 01:28 PM
Phat pat said he didn't like the all purple.. and he was the reason for the change... said they were one and done.. too bad.. bc i think they look the best out of all the uni's we have...

V-Unit
12-18-2007, 03:40 PM
I thought All Purple looked horrible. I hope we never wear them again.

C Mac D
12-18-2007, 03:44 PM
"V" wrote:

I thought they looked ok. I mean really, if you don't like purple... you're rooting for the wrong team.

V-Unit
12-18-2007, 03:47 PM
"C" wrote:

"V" wrote:

I thought they looked ok. I mean really, if you don't like purple... you're rooting for the wrong team.

No, I don't like purple. That means I'm rooting for the wrong team? Please.

If anything, overcoming my hatred of purple in order to root for the Vikings, makes me a better fan than you.

And besides, who picks a team based on color? I grew up in Minnesota, of course I'm a Vikings fan.

C Mac D
12-18-2007, 03:48 PM
"V" wrote:

"C" wrote:

"V" wrote:

If anything, overcoming my hatred of purple in order to root for the Vikings, makes me a better fan than you.

And besides, who picks a team based on color? I grew up in Minnesota, of course I'm a Vikings fan.

Your team's colors... gotta wear them loud and proud.

And the fact that I can wear purple (and look damn good) makes me more of a man than you...
;)

V-Unit
12-18-2007, 03:50 PM
"C" wrote:

"V" wrote:

"C" wrote:

"V" wrote:

And the fact that I can wear purple (and look damn good) makes me more of a man than you...
;)

I have 8 jerseys.

Marrdro
12-18-2007, 03:57 PM
"V" wrote:

"C" wrote:

"V" wrote:

"C" wrote:

"V" wrote:

And the fact that I can wear purple (and look gol 'darnit good) makes me more of a man than you...
;)

I have 8 jerseys.

You two crack me up my friends.

;D

Vikefanman2000
12-18-2007, 04:00 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"StillPurple" wrote:

And I *really* dislike fricken around with a winning streak.

=Z=

Brilliant.

Soooooo.....Did you in fact, shave your asshairs before the game?
I made a jersey change from AP to Sharper at halftime.
Im just not sure if I should credit the victory to my jersey change or if it was your lack of asshair that made us victorious!

NodakPaul
12-18-2007, 06:09 PM
I thought the purple on purple looked good with the players who were wearing white socks.
The ones who were wearing purple socks looked like they had leotards on.
Overall not bad, but I prefer the purple on white better.

sdfrenchy
12-19-2007, 12:47 AM
Back when we had our old jerseys I thought that we should have copied LSU pants. Yellow with purple and white stripes. I do agree with whoever said we should make as many combos as possible. Thought the all purple looked pretty good.

vikings_fan66
12-19-2007, 12:52 AM
I sorta liked them ... I agree looked better with the white socks

singersp
12-19-2007, 06:59 AM
"sdfrenchy" wrote:

Back when we had our old jerseys I thought that we should have copied LSU pants. Yellow with purple and white stripes. I do agree with whoever said we should make as many combos as possible. Thought the all purple looked pretty good.

Why? It's not like the uni's psyche the defense out or play a part in wins & loses.

They only need two uni's, home & away.

The biggest Vikings uniform joke ever was the yellow or black alternative jerseys some putz's dreamed up. The Vikings never even wore anything other than purple or white, so why even have them?

Zeus
12-19-2007, 08:05 AM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

I thought the purple on purple looked good with the players who were wearing white socks.

http://nc.startribune.com/blogs/vikings/?p=1229

*Yes, the Vikings wore purple jereys and purple pants for one of the few times in team history and not since the early 1960’s. No surprise, but it appears NT Pat Williams had a big role in arranging the wardrobe change. And as of last night, he decided it was a one-and-done affair. “It was a lot of purple,” Williams said. “Maybe too much purple. I’ve already told coach Childress that we’re not wearing them next week. No way. [b]We’re going back to purple jerseys and white pants.”

That's good news.

=Z=

wilson
12-19-2007, 09:16 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"sdfrenchy" wrote:

Why? It's not like the uni's psyche the defense out or play a part in wins & loses.

The biggest Vikings uniform joke ever was the yellow or black alternative jerseys some putz's dreamed up. The Vikings never even wore anything other than purple or white, so why even have them?

I agree those are the ugliest things ever, but it's all about the money. People buy it, so they make pretty much every color jersey that is a team color, call it a "fashion" jersey, and people buy it up. blaaah.

Vikefanman2000
12-19-2007, 03:31 PM
I am guessing that this has been brought up before....but just didnt know where to find it....

What is with the water marks on the players numbers.....
it looks like they are drinking (and drooling) purple koolaid or that the purple from the jerseys is running on the numbers once it gets wet.
Is it just the white satin number with wet streaks....that appear stained on camera?
Or are the numbers actually getting ruined somehow?

marstc09
12-19-2007, 07:51 PM
"Zeus" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

*Yes, the Vikings wore purple jereys and purple pants for one of the few times in team history and not since the early 1960’s. No surprise, but it appears NT Pat Williams had a big role in arranging the wardrobe change. And as of last night, he decided it was a one-and-done affair. “It was a lot of purple,” Williams said. “Maybe too much purple. I’ve already told coach Childress that we’re not wearing them next week. No way. [b]We’re going back to purple jerseys and white pants.”

That's good news.

=Z=

That sucks I was hoping they would always do this. I really liked it!

Schutz
12-19-2007, 07:53 PM
"marstc09" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

That's good news.

=Z=

That sucks I was hoping they would always do this. I really liked it!

It's a commonly known fact that White is faster on turf.
Jeeze :)

sdfrenchy
12-19-2007, 07:57 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"sdfrenchy" wrote:

As someone said it will increase revenue for the team, that's good right? Why not though you might hit on something good. I will agree the yellow and the black ones that were mad are ugly but if done better could look good.

Schutz
12-19-2007, 08:00 PM
http://i1.ebayimg.com/02/i/000/cc/8c/af01_1.JPG

I don't think that's so bad.

sdfrenchy
12-19-2007, 08:02 PM
They went wrong with purple numbers. White with yellow outlines would be great. I think they should do that with the new style and wear the purple pants with it.

Marrdro
12-19-2007, 08:10 PM
;D
I'm sorry, 11 pages on our uniforms.
;D

You all crack me up.
;D

BadlandsVikings
12-19-2007, 08:12 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

;D
;D

You all crack me up.
;D

That's nothing, the other one had 137 pages

http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=20060.1360

sdfrenchy
12-19-2007, 08:17 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

;D
;D

You all crack me up.
;D

Our team wears purple. You KNOW we're a fashion conscience group lol. ;D

Marrdro
12-19-2007, 08:30 PM
"sdfrenchy" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

;D
;D

You all crack me up.
;D

I can just see it now.
A thread on fashion.
Wonder who would be the mods for that one.....
Woo, CmacD, Singer, Z
;D

singersp
12-19-2007, 08:44 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"sdfrenchy" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

;D
;D

You all crack me up.
;D

I can just see it now.
A thread on fashion.
Woo, CmacD, Singer, Z
;D

Now this is a fashion statement!

Kind of an embarrassing one, but a fashion statement nontheless....... :P

The pic doesn't do it justice. That shirt is riddled with more holes than a cheesehead hat.

http://www.purplepride.org/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/100_0463.jpg (http://www.purplepride.org/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/100_0463.jpg)

Marrdro
12-19-2007, 08:47 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"sdfrenchy" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

;D
;D

You all crack me up.
;D

I can just see it now.
A thread on fashion.
Woo, CmacD, Singer, Z
;D

The pic doesn't do it justice. That shirt is riddled with more holes than a cheesehead hat.

That picture doesn't do the ole girl justice.
;D

singersp
12-19-2007, 08:48 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"sdfrenchy" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

;D
;D

You all crack me up.
;D

I can just see it now.
A thread on fashion.
Woo, CmacD, Singer, Z
;D

That picture doesn't do the ole girl justice.

;D

I thought I said that.