PDA

View Full Version : tice rumor mill?

TheAnimal93
12-06-2004, 08:12 PM
watching nfl network and adam schefter was reporting that tice could wind up taking the university of Washington job if the vikings struggle down the stretch. tice is set to make only(lol) 1mill next year and tice still owns a house in seattle area, and kids born there kind of thing......do you think that tice would take the job even if the vikes made it deep in the playoffs? and who and how do these rumors get started?

Vikestand
12-06-2004, 08:14 PM
I could see tice leaving if the vikings sputter again....But if they win a playoff game he would stay...

snowinapril
12-06-2004, 08:44 PM
"vikes can do" wrote:

watching nfl network and adam schefter was reporting that tice could wind up taking the university of Washington job if the vikings struggle down the stretch. tice is set to make only(lol) 1mill next year and tice still owns a house in seattle area, and kids born there kind of thing......do you think that tice would take the job even if the vikes made it deep in the playoffs? and who and how do these rumors get started?

I heard this rumor last week also. I thought it might have been Linehan too. Isn't that where Linehan came from before coming to the Vikes??? I also heard someone say he came from the Raiders.

He told the MPLS media that he wasn't going to talk about it last week, and denied it. He said this might cause distractions and didn't want to talk on it. As long as we are talking about rumors, that is what I heard. The job also pays more than the Vikes Job.

RUSSELL27
12-06-2004, 08:51 PM
I don't think Tice will leave the Vikings on his own this year, unless they completly miss the playoffs, then i wouldn't blame him. But he seems to like coaching for us.

Toss2Moss84
12-06-2004, 09:04 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:

I heard this rumor last week also. I thought it might have been Linehan too. Isn't that where Linehan came from before coming to the Vikes??? I also heard someone say he came from the Raiders.

Linehan came from the Louisville Cardinals before the Vikes.

snowinapril
12-06-2004, 09:09 PM
"Toss2Moss84" wrote:

"snowinapril" wrote:

Linehan came from the Louisville Cardinals before the Vikes.

Found the answer on vikings.com

Prior to his tenure at Louisville, Linehan coached at the University of Washington from 1994-98. He was the Huskies offensive coordinator his final three seasons and had additional duties as quarterbacks coach in 1998 and receivers coach from 1994-97. Brock Huard joined the list of quarterbacks that Linehan has developed as he set career records at Washington for passing yards (5,742) and touchdown passes (91). During Linehan's five seasons with the Huskies the team advanced to four bowl games.

Linehan broke into the coaching ranks as an assistant at his alma mater, Idaho, in 1989. From 1989-90 he worked as receivers coach and from 1992-93 he served as offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach.

snowinapril
12-06-2004, 09:15 PM
I bet it is Linehan that the Uni of Wash wants and not Tice. Wouldn't that be great, Linney could give Tice a job.

muchluv4smoot
12-06-2004, 09:45 PM
"vikes can do" wrote:

God that would be the greastest thing ever to happen to the vikes. Unfortunately I don't see it happening at all. Why would Washington want Tice? Good riddons if he does go there.

DoubleDown11
12-06-2004, 10:07 PM
Please go Tice and take Linehan with you! Maybe you can work on your Chest Bumping with College Kids!

so-cal vike
12-06-2004, 10:21 PM
Please, oh please let this be true. More so let Tice take the job. Anything, just as long as that knucklehead leaves. His three-year plan is crap(even without the injuries), and most importantly his on-field decisions suck.

Don't get me wrong, people seem to like the guy(as do I.) He has some very good ideas about team structure, and how to create a team with some depth. It's just he's not a good head-coach right now.

snowinapril
12-06-2004, 10:24 PM
I have heard many say that Ty Willingham is also a possibility for the WASH job.

cajunvike
12-06-2004, 11:12 PM
"so-cal vike" wrote:

Please, oh please let this be true. More so let Tice take the job. Anything, just as long as that knucklehead leaves. His three-year plan is crap(even without the injuries), and most importantly his on-field decisions suck.

Don't get me wrong, people seem to like the guy(as do I.) He has some very good ideas about team structure, and how to create a team with some depth. It's just he's not a good head-coach right now.

What is his three-year plan and how is it crap?

so-cal vike
12-06-2004, 11:43 PM
Tice had stated that he had a three-year plan to rebuild the team, bolster the defense a make them a legitimate superbowl contender.

In year three we still have a poor defense, a mediocre run-game, and can possibly miss the playoffs if the Vikes don't win the division.

I'm behind the Vikings all the way, I see them winning the division and even a playoff game, but I do have doubts of them being a real S.B contender. With the offense that was handed to Tice and the way the team is playing down the stretch, I'd say his plan is crap.

cajunvike
12-06-2004, 11:53 PM
I will agree that his coaching decisions are pretty bad, but as far as his three-year plan is concerned, he is probably only a year off. He has gotten most of the pieces for a pretty good defense together already, but it looks like they need more game experience. The defense probably needs a good FA pickup or two for next season to bring it all together, but Red will probably keep the purse strings closed and f*ck that up too. Tice's biggest problem is that he can't make good decisions during the game and can't make the adjustments that are needed to win the close games...if he continues to fail to do this, he deserves to be fired. Next year will probably be do or die for him...unless Red can find some one who can step in and win immediately (of course, that would require Red to pay somebody, which he won't do, so we gotta hope that Tice figures it out by next season). I am willing to wait a year if that means that we go all the way...but after that heads should roll if we don't win the Super Bowl by then !

snowinapril
12-06-2004, 11:59 PM
I am hoping that Red will realize that win or lose it all this season that next season he needs to spend more money to legitimze this team in a few key areas.

Hopefully he sees it as good business practice.

I hope he will open up that ManPurse that he has to buy some defense.

Foreman44
12-07-2004, 12:02 AM
I am hoping Red and Tice get the hell out of town :salute:

snowinapril
12-07-2004, 12:05 AM
"Foreman44" wrote:

I am hoping Red and Tice get the hell out of town :salute:

Or that too!!

so-cal vike
12-07-2004, 12:08 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

I will agree that his coaching decisions are pretty bad, but as far as his three-year plan is concerned, he is probably only a year off.

Then he should have called it his FOUR year plan. LOL. I'll buy the "one more year" idea only for the benifit of the doubt regarding injuries but, that mean regardless of how far they advance if there is no ring at the end axe him.

TheAnimal93
12-07-2004, 06:33 AM
so lets see if this is right.......linehan was at washington, and they sucked. inbetween there and louisville he was at the raiders and they were horrible, and then at louisville they were awful until this year. now he is at the vikes and sucking at an all time high!!!! lol. has anyone gotten the hint that i dont like linehan? lol

Del Rio
12-07-2004, 07:09 AM
Tice never should have been hired in the first place. It wasn't a hire on talent it was a hire for profit. He was cheap and easy and red liked that.

The year Tice was hired there were a lot of great coaches on the market. One of those coaches being Dungy who allready had ties to Minny. But the price must have been too high.

Red keeps Tice around because he wins enough to make a profit, and sucks enough to pay sqwat.

XTAP59
12-07-2004, 08:15 AM
"vikes can do" wrote:

I'd chip in for plane fare.....

whackthepack
12-07-2004, 08:26 AM
I had been a Tice supporter until about 5 weeks ago, now I would not mind seeing him leave!

Never have been a Red supporter and would like to see him leave also!

If Tice does leave, at his next headcoaching job he will take that team to a superbowl and win! Just the way it goes when you are a Vikes fan!

Freya
12-07-2004, 08:32 AM
Gimme a break....Tony Dungy wasn't all that great his first years as a head coach either.

6-10

10-6

8-8

Del Rio
12-07-2004, 08:35 AM
Your joking right?

He was damn good his first few years and he had shit to work with, nada. Hell he is the winningest coach in their history LOL.

He put a swagger in their steps, made them a contender.

Yeah he rebuilt the Bucs. He was and is a damn good coach. He won the superbowl, Gruden just took them there.

Tice is a moron, and even hinting he is as good as or on par with Dungy is a joke. And don't try and say Tice is rebuilding to the magnitude he had to deal with. Tice took over a fine tuned offensive machine that has a serious ammount of consistency in numbers. Dungy took over a bowl of ass soup, and turned them into champions.

Tice being here is only to save money.

Del Rio
12-07-2004, 08:46 AM
I mean look at this crap

76' 0-14
77' 2-12
78' 5-11
79' 10-6
80' 5-10
81' 9-7
82' 5-4
83' 2-14
84' 6-10
85' 2-14
86' 2-14
87' 4-11
88' 5-11
89' 5-11
90' 6-10
91' 3-13
92' 5-11
93' 5-11
94' 6-10
95' 7-9

Look at what he had to work with! Years upon years of total failure. Playing in the black and blue against mean to the bone teams. He begins to rebuild a FRANCHISE not just a team.

6-10 First year there allready better then most of their seasons
10-6 Second year there you go nuff said
8-8 The year is 1998 the year of the Viking good record regarding the division
11-5 Oh no another good record
10-6 and yet again another double digit win column and a huge ammount of consitency that they lacked in the past
9-7 were expected to be contenders, the fell flat
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------The bucs let his ass go, because they got a taste of winning and he had built them from ground up they let him jet.

12-4 Superbowl champs under coach gruden, using Dungy's team.

As far as records go the numbers you put up are damn good when you look at the history behind them. Besides Dungy coached here before we knew him so yeah it's a bitter taste. Tice is an ape I say don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Freya
12-07-2004, 09:21 AM
Comparing apples to oranges.

Would you give Tice the same credit as you have given Dungy if THIS team went to the SB under a different coach next year?

snowinapril
12-07-2004, 09:23 AM
You are right Del Rio about Dungy and the Bucs.

He is a solid person and a man of conviction. With his qualities, he steps onto a team and focuses on a specific on that team and gives them an IDENTITY.

With the bucs, he built that team around a Defense. They were finally known for something other than sucking. It made them forget about how bad they suck or how bad tehy were going to get beat.

They could finally say "we are Defense."

Del Rio
12-07-2004, 09:26 AM
No because Tice has shown no consistency, only mediocracy.

And because Tice didn't inherit a bad football team like Dungy. This is not his team. Apples to oranges has no play here. I simply think Tice is out of here I hope. I am still steamed that we didn't attempt to snag Dungy and instead settled for Tice.

I believe it was a move to save money not make the team better. People like him because he is big and goofy and acts like a hard ass, but he's not he is buddy buddy, and something isn't clicking just yet.

It's not apples to Oranges, if Tice took over TB he would have lasted 2 years and been out. If Dungy took over us I bet we would be rockin. You stated Dungy wasn't that good, and that has never been true. He might not be the best coach out there but he is sure alot better then Tice.

So lets look at this we have two coaches they have the same jobs in that they coach football at a pro level. One succeeded with less and one has done nothing with more. Who is better?

Caine
12-07-2004, 10:13 AM
If you want to see how good Dungy is, take a look at Tampa since his departure. Gruden wins the SB with Dungy's team, then turns them back into uber-crap.

Dungy, meanwhile, departs from his Defense First ways, and builds a scoring machine in Indy. Oddly enough, their Defense - Dungy's trademark - is as bad as ours.

Tice on the other hand DID take over a bad team. Green had been raping the D for years to build that Offense. When the O imploded, Tice got handed the job as Green pouted and left. Tice has had the kuxury of having a great Offense, but has tried to rebuild the D - something that obviously takes time and money.

Where Tice has fallen flat is in his selection of Coordinators. He makes some bad calls, but how much of that is due to bad information? If I were Tice, I'd cut loose both coordinators this year and grab a new set. The O is too good to be misused, and that D is a few key players away from dominance...under the right leadership.

Caine

snowinapril
12-07-2004, 10:24 AM
"Caine" wrote:

If you want to see how good Dungy is, take a look at Tampa since his departure. Gruden wins the SB with Dungy's team, then turns them back into uber-crap.

Dungy, meanwhile, departs from his Defense First ways, and builds a scoring machine in Indy. Oddly enough, their Defense - Dungy's trademark - is as bad as ours.

Tice on the other hand DID take over a bad team. Green had been raping the D for years to build that Offense. When the O imploded, Tice got handed the job as Green pouted and left. Tice has had the kuxury of having a great Offense, but has tried to rebuild the D - something that obviously takes time and money.

Where Tice has fallen flat is in his selection of Coordinators. He makes some bad calls, but how much of that is due to bad information? If I were Tice, I'd cut loose both coordinators this year and grab a new set. The O is too good to be misused, and that D is a few key players away from dominance...under the right leadership.

Caine

Just for the record, Dungy inherrited Manning, Harrison, James, Wayne and Pollard. All these players have played 4+ years together. Stokely is at 2 yrs with the team.

By the way, the Colts are 1st of 2nd in the league for RedZone Defense.

That is a huge stat for D. It means you are tough when it counts or it means people only score on big plays against you. Either way, their O lets them afford to cut loose and play that way.

Their D is not as bad as people make it out to be.

That being said, I just remembered they let Drew Bennett score 3 long TD receptions this last weekend. And I think Dungy is a good coach they are slowly getting better on D.

Freya
12-07-2004, 10:29 AM
I did not state that Dungy wasn't a good coach. The fact is I believe he is. What I stated was that his first 3 seasons were not that great.

The Bucs never had a great offense under Dungy and the Vikes have not had a great defense under Tice (yet). But then that makes sense considering where they each came from prior to being a HC.

I believe that the only valid comparison technique is apples to apples. History does not count in a year by year game nor does it guarantee anything.

Del Rio
12-07-2004, 10:33 AM
Tice did not take over a bad team he took over a poorly coached team. The players were still in place.

I just don't see how people keep making this excuse for Tice that he took over a rebuilding job that is just far fetched. Maybe the defense needed some tweaking.

Under Green's 9 1/2 seasons we made the playoffs 8 TIMES, we had a winning record 8 TIMES and one .500.

Tice took over a team that had Pepper, Moss, C. Carter, J. Reed. M. Bennett. I mean the list goes on Sasser.

On D you still had the likes of R. Griffith, O. thomas, Mcdaniel. And a peppering of new talent.

The O-line was great, vetrans and youngsters big boys. So he just had to pull it all together.

I mean you realize that from 1992 when green started until Tice took over we had 82 wins? The three years prior to Tice taking over we went 15-1, 10-6, and 11-5?

I just don't see how he recieved a bad team? A bad team of what all-stars and HOFers

Freya
12-07-2004, 10:37 AM
"Caine" wrote:

Caine

Well said! Though I wouldn't say that Dungy is entirely responsible for that offense at Indy.
I agree with you 100% regarding that last paragraph. :thumbright:

Del Rio
12-07-2004, 10:40 AM
Yes all I'm saying is Red cut pennies when he hired Tice because he isn't a good coach.

History reflects events, you can take a few numbers and slap them up there out of context but the history behind those numbers means alot.

Like his record looks normal in regards to the whole NFL but in reference to HIS team that HE took over it was a huge accomplishment and with what he is doing now it just solidifies the point.

I didn't say you said he was a bad coach. But you implied that he is on some curve that Tice also is riding and I just found that odd considering.

They are both Apples because they are both coaches LOL.

The only point I am trying to make is Red doesn't give a care if we win or not as long as he lines his pockets. There were far surperior coaches on the market then Tice and we had the TALENT to get them to come. But we went with TICE for god knows why.

This was a really good football team when he took them over. Some of the good Defensive players went on to play a few years in other places. Now I'm not saying he was handed a superbowl conteder but he wasn't handed ass soup either.

He has done less with what he has then other coaches have done in a far worse situation. And if his only problem is he keeps picking the wrong cord. then that falls on him as well. If all that is wrong is the wrong cords then get a head coach that can get the right ones.

Freya
12-07-2004, 10:41 AM
Tice coached the O-line from '97-'01.

Del Rio
12-07-2004, 10:46 AM
Good for him basically that proves he is a good O-line coach, but that doesn't help much when he is trying to run a whole team. The line is five guys.

Freya
12-07-2004, 10:49 AM
I agree with you regarding Red. More than likely it was a money issue that prompted the hiring of Tice. I believe that Tice is a good coach and his record as an offensive coach would testify to that. I have no doubt that Tice would be snapped up in a minute if he became available and go on to make a name for himself.

Del Rio
12-07-2004, 10:53 AM
I respect your opinion.

I think someday in the right situation he would be a good team coach.
But for now I guess he is what we have and all we need to worry about is that we need to win some of these games. And most importantly enjoy watching them because when you blink it will be over and we will be stuck with the NBA :D

Freya
12-07-2004, 10:58 AM
Thanks, same.

NBA.........argh! :pukeright:

cajunvike
12-07-2004, 11:01 AM
"Del Rio" wrote:

Yes all I'm saying is Red cut pennies when he hired Tice because he isn't a good coach.

History reflects events, you can take a few numbers and slap them up there out of context but the history behind those numbers means alot.

Like his record looks normal in regards to the whole NFL but in reference to HIS team that HE took over it was a huge accomplishment and with what he is doing now it just solidifies the point.

I didn't say you said he was a bad coach. But you implied that he is on some curve that Tice also is riding and I just found that odd considering.

They are both Apples because they are both coaches LOL.

The only point I am trying to make is Red doesn't give a care if we win or not as long as he lines his pockets. There were far surperior coaches on the market then Tice and we had the TALENT to get them to come. But we went with TICE for god knows why.

This was a really good football team when he took them over. Some of the good Defensive players went on to play a few years in other places. Now I'm not saying he was handed a superbowl conteder but he wasn't handed ass soup either.

He has done less with what he has then other coaches have done in a far worse situation. And if his only problem is he keeps picking the wrong cord. then that falls on him as well. If all that is wrong is the wrong cords then get a head coach that can get the right ones.

ROTFLMMFAO! Ass soup? :bootyshake: Is that Campbell's or Progresso? LOL

Seriously, Green's last year was 5-11 (the last game went on Tice's record, but it should really be Green's loss)...the team was definitely on the decline. Granted, Tice did inherit some talent on offense, but he didn't get to keep all of those defensive players that you mentioned either. Tice's biggest problem is that he cannot make game day adjustments on the fly...I think that the rest of his coaching skills are decent, but the lack of quick decision-making necessary to coach on game day is not there yet...we can probably chalk that up to lack of experience. Look at Belicheck...he sucked in Cleveland, but it was great experience for his current job with the Patsies. Billick was as bad as Linehan is now when he first started coaching the Vikings offense (I remember wanting to wring his neck week in and week out)...then he has the one good year (1998) and gets a head coaching job out of it. The real question is whether we want to grow with Tice or bring in someone who can do the job now...the drawback is that a coaching change might not be the quick fix that it seems. Tice might just be a year away from greatness or he may never be the answer...Red will HAVE to decide at the end of the season, because next year the team will have the personnel to make a serious run at the Super Bowl (IMHO) and the opportunity cannot be squandered!

Del Rio
12-07-2004, 11:15 AM
Well if it's up for Red to decide then consider who ever comes cheapest the man for the job.

The last year of Denny's tenure was bad because he could give a shit not because it was a bad team. He was going all NAACP on the Vikes and pissing and moaning. Hard for a team to rebound from that. But I still feel there was some talent to go off of.

I guess the only thing I will give Tice is he really has been key with Pepper and his first years were with him. So a rookie QB mixed with a shaky D is gonna be rough.

But as far as the team goes he was handed a pretty damn good crew.

In light of the Pepper comment I will ease up on old Tice, I just wish there was some fire under the players assess they looked so unmotivated on sunday. I thought Tice would light that fire.

And it's always next week, next year, its gets old.

whackthepack
12-07-2004, 12:55 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

Well if it's up for Red to decide then consider who ever comes cheapest the man for the job.

The last year of Denny's tenure was bad because he could give a shit not because it was a bad team. He was going all NAACP on the Vikes and pissing and moaning. Hard for a team to rebound from that. But I still feel there was some talent to go off of.

I guess the only thing I will give Tice is he really has been key with Pepper and his first years were with him. So a rookie QB mixed with a shaky D is gonna be rough.

But as far as the team goes he was handed a pretty damn good crew.

In light of the Pepper comment I will ease up on old Tice, I just wish there was some fire under the players assess they looked so unmotivated on sunday. I thought Tice would light that fire.

And it's always next week, next year, its gets old.

Del Rio I feel your pain! But as a long time Viking fan I have gotten used to next years. We do have some improved talent on defense, and if they can be taught and can coaches bring it out of them? We could have a solid team next year. Is Tice and company the coaches to lead them, I do not think so either!

PAvikesfan
12-07-2004, 05:28 PM
honestly, i think tice is doing a pretty crappy job. he has yet to motivate this team to SB contension... i would not mind if tice left along with lineham... maybe we can through in cotrell and our special teams coach as well... i don't think we will ever win anything big with tice as head coach. but really, who else is out there to coach an already talented team to win a superbowl...? i know, Jimmy Johnson is always available. ha.

PAvikesfan
12-07-2004, 05:32 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

Tice did not take over a bad team he took over a poorly coached team. The players were still in place.

I just don't see how people keep making this excuse for Tice that he took over a rebuilding job that is just far fetched. Maybe the defense needed some tweaking.

Under Green's 9 1/2 seasons we made the playoffs 8 TIMES, we had a winning record 8 TIMES and one .500.

Tice took over a team that had Pepper, Moss, C. Carter, J. Reed. M. Bennett. I mean the list goes on Sasser.

On D you still had the likes of R. Griffith, O. thomas, Mcdaniel. And a peppering of new talent.

The O-line was great, vetrans and youngsters big boys. So he just had to pull it all together.

I mean you realize that from 1992 when green started until Tice took over we had 82 wins? The three years prior to Tice taking over we went 15-1, 10-6, and 11-5?

I just don't see how he recieved a bad team? A bad team of what all-stars and HOFers

all true! speak-on!

TheAnimal93
12-07-2004, 07:09 PM
truth is that tice inherited a team influx still looking for indenity.and still is. thats the problem. fans, and red and tice want the same thing, a super bowl win. lets face it, we havent had a D that is worthy of being called a viking D in many years. takes a while to build a good D. and to tell more truth, this year was the first year that we actually spent money in the offseason on someone more than a stop-gap player. we actually did more than make token offers at good players. the cap was not the best back in the heyday and alot of players that were up and coming or allready good, had to leave.(duane clemons, christy, mcdaniel, etc) when tice took over a shit load of players mentioned were gone or leaving that year. i am not tice's biggest fan but he deserves another year. coordinators, not so sure. but what do we have to choose from? and the other players, dennys players, are not living up to their potential. is that the coaches fault? maybe sometimes but not so sure that the effort has been there on the players parts. i really dont want tice to go if he wants to stay. if he wants the U of W job, take it. and take linehan with him. lol

WaltzingMewelde
12-07-2004, 10:05 PM
Lets say that Tice leaves at the conclusion of this season and Red wasnt a penny pinching piece of sh*t. Who would be your choice for head coach next year out of the available candidates?

KansasStateViking
12-07-2004, 10:45 PM
O.C. or D.C. from NE or Nick Saben

muchluv4smoot
12-08-2004, 08:53 PM
Look, I think it is pretty simple guys. Let me ask you all this one question: Do you think the team has overacheived, underacheived, or done what they should have, over the last 2+ seasons with tice as our coach?

I think it is pretty clear that we have completely underacheived the last 2+ years. We have had a bad D under tice, but guess what, we had as bad or worse of a D with denny as our coach, and we always made the playoffs. I hate denny as much as anyone, so it kills me to say this, but if he coached the talent we had last year and this year, we would have had one of the best records in the league over the last year and a half or so.

When a team always underacheives, it goes directly to the head coach. See the saints for a great example of this. I think they finally realize this and are gonna FINALLY fire haslett. Red is too damn cheap and thus he will keep tice for his tiny contract next year as well, unfortunately.

Also, it should be pretty clear that making the playoffs this year, in the NFC, is no big accomplishment, although it would be an improvement.

cajunvike
12-08-2004, 11:10 PM
"KansasStateViking" wrote:

O.C. or D.C. from NE or Nick Saben

Sh*t, Saban wouldn't even have to buy new clothes...he could just use all of his outfits from LSU (same colors)...LOL :lol:

snowinapril
12-08-2004, 11:29 PM
"muchluv4moss" wrote:

Look, I think it is pretty simple guys. Let me ask you all this one question: Do you think the team has overacheived, underacheived, or done what they should have, over the last 2+ seasons with tice as our coach?

I think it is pretty clear that we have completely underacheived the last 2+ years. We have had a bad D under tice, but guess what, we had as bad or worse of a D with denny as our coach, and we always made the playoffs. I hate denny as much as anyone, so it kills me to say this, but if he coached the talent we had last year and this year, we would have had one of the best records in the league over the last year and a half or so.

When a team always underacheives, it goes directly to the head coach. See the saints for a great example of this. I think they finally realize this and are gonna FINALLY fire haslett. Red is too damn cheap and thus he will keep tice for his tiny contract next year as well, unfortunately.

Also, it should be pretty clear that making the playoffs this year, in the NFC, is no big accomplishment, although it would be an improvement.

Maybe Red will come up with the bright idea to HIRE Hasslett. He would be running around his big Texas mansion saying BRILLIANT just like the guys in the Guiness commercials. He knows Haslett will be demoralized and will probably take less than Tice was being paid.

casper
12-09-2004, 01:32 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

I will agree that his coaching decisions are pretty bad, but as far as his three-year plan is concerned, he is probably only a year off. He has gotten most of the pieces for a pretty good defense together already, but it looks like they need more game experience. The defense probably needs a good FA pickup or two for next season to bring it all together, but Red will probably keep the purse strings closed and f*ck that up too. Tice's biggest problem is that he can't make good decisions during the game and can't make the adjustments that are needed to win the close games...if he continues to fail to do this, he deserves to be fired. Next year will probably be do or die for him...unless Red can find some one who can step in and win immediately (of course, that would require Red to pay somebody, which he won't do, so we gotta hope that Tice figures it out by next season). I am willing to wait a year if that means that we go all the way...but after that heads should roll if we don't win the Super Bowl by then !

I agree with you and the highlighted point I made in your quote Cajun, he just needs one more year and his coordinators need to step up with hard core plans during the game for him to make the calls needed or let Cpep call the shots :scratch: let see what happens :( put the hanging ropes up till the play offs please 8)

casper
12-09-2004, 01:34 AM
:shock: had to get 999 off my count :shaking:

whackthepack
12-09-2004, 02:46 PM
congrats on the 1,000 Casper!

cajunvike
12-09-2004, 02:51 PM
"casper" wrote:

:shock: had to get 999 off my count :shaking:

Congrats on the G, casper! Now keep firing out the posts so that you can make it to HOF status...you deserve it! I would give you 500 of my posts if I could...but that would be cheating! Besides, your posts are always so much more entertaining that I would be cheating everyone else out of our daily daybrighteners! SKOL casper! :salute: