PDA

View Full Version : Vikings Greenway is tearing it up

COJOMAY
12-12-2007, 11:23 PM
http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/12447306.html

One of the most meaningful moments in Chad Greenway’s season didn’t happen on the field but in the locker room, where E.J. Henderson, in the midst of a standout season, approached his fellow Vikings linebacker.

“He said compare my first season to his and it wouldn’t even be a competition,” Greenway said of a conversation that took place a month ago. “That gives me the confidence that I’m making the right strides. And coming from a guy in contention for a Pro Bowl spot, that’s great to hear...”

vikesfargo
12-13-2007, 02:06 AM
The linebackers have really turned it up this year. It's been essential for the rise of this defense. I can't say enough about it. The way Henderson, Greenway, and Leber are playing is like a monsoon in a drought-stricken region.

DustinDupont
12-13-2007, 02:31 AM
me too.. i love the play of all of are line backers this year... ej deserves to be in the pro bowl

Vikes_King
12-13-2007, 06:22 AM
Greenway, though, has started all 13 games and is second on the team to Henderson with 105 tackles

So far, Greenway has two interceptions, four pass breakups, three tackles for a loss, three forced fumbles and six quarterback hurries, and he leads the team with four fumble recoveries

Pretty decent imo.

cogitans
12-13-2007, 06:34 AM
"Vikes_King" wrote:

Greenway, though, has started all 13 games and is second on the team to Henderson with 105 tackles

So far, Greenway has two interceptions, four pass breakups, three tackles for a loss, three forced fumbles and six quarterback hurries, and he leads the team with four fumble recoveries

Pretty decent imo.
He sure has done good. And in some way it's still his rookie year playing

PurpleTide
12-13-2007, 06:50 AM
I bet that next year both Greenway, and EJ will be in the pro-bowl. It's just good to see Greenway playing up to the ability that made him a number 17 pick.

Vikes_King
12-13-2007, 06:52 AM
"PurpleTide" wrote:

I bet that next year both Greenway, and EJ will be in the pro-bowl. It's just good to see Greenway playing up to the ability that made him a number 17 pick.

i wouldn't put money on that bet.
It would be nice yes, but there are a lot of solid players out there, and some often get over looked if they're not known well enough to get the neccesary votes

PurpleTide
12-13-2007, 07:09 AM
"Vikes_King" wrote:

"PurpleTide" wrote:

It would be nice yes, but there are a lot of solid players out there, and some often get over looked if they're not known well enough to get the neccesary votes

True, but if we make even modest improvement in our pass defense, along with our strong run D, people will take notice. But there is alot of good players out there, but having a dominant defense will get folks attention.

NodakPaul
12-13-2007, 08:45 AM
I think Greenway is a great player.
He has also shown steady improvement this year in his game.

purplepowered
12-13-2007, 09:28 AM
Our whole D has taken their part but the run has done their part with the
linebackers stepping in the right places cudos to the LBs thanks you guys and the WWC we love you! SKOL VIKES and PP.O

i_bleed_purple
12-13-2007, 09:51 AM
"Vikes_King" wrote:

"PurpleTide" wrote:

the same could have been said about ej henderson.
untill this year he was really never a huge force out there.
no reason for lots of people who don't follow the vikings to know who he is.
but this year he really stepped it out and people are taking notice

gtinker63
12-13-2007, 10:17 AM
Quote from: Vikes_King on Today at 04:52:25 pm
Quote from: PurpleTide on Today at 04:50:16 pm

the same could have been said about ej henderson.
untill this year he was really never a huge force out there.
no reason for lots of people who don't follow the vikings to know who he is.
but this year he really stepped it out and people are taking notice

I would not bet that both EJ and Greenway go to the Pro Bowl next year.
The NFC has some very good backers and getting 2 from the same team rarely happens.
I believe both EJ and Greenway will go to pro bowls in their careers but I wouldn't bet in the same year.
Also, EJ was a pretty big force last year in this Defense that was #1 against the run and was first in Team Tackles and twelfth in the NFL in tackles with 109.

vikesfargo
12-13-2007, 11:14 AM
I don't care if they ever make the Pro Bowl. I only care that they make the Super Bowl.

And bring the trophy home.

Mr Anderson
12-13-2007, 11:19 AM
I think if Henderson adds a few pass defense stats to his name next season, he's a pro bowler for sure.

IMO he is right now. He's having the best overall season of any linebacker in the NFC.

98 tackles, 3.5 sacks, 3 forced fumbles, 2 fumble recoveries.

He has more tackles of every sack leader ahead of him.

He's playing great.

ejmat
12-13-2007, 11:55 AM
"Mr" wrote:

I think if Henderson adds a few pass defense stats to his name next season, he's a pro bowler for sure.

IMO he is right now. He's having the best overall season of any linebacker in the NFC.

He's playing great.

I love Henderson's play this year.
However, I wouldn't say he's been the best LB in the NFC this year.
Patrick Willis comes to mind right off the bat.
Ernie Sims and London Fletcher are there as well.
Then there are Johnathan Beason and Nick Barnett.
I'd say he's having a solid year and I would even say Pro Bowl calibur year.
But I don't think he's the best in the NFC.

V4L
12-13-2007, 12:25 PM
Greenway is playing solid

Not flashy.. Not great.. But solid

Hopefully he keeps on maturing and growing into a better player!

I like the strides he is making.. He is basically a rookie this year

Mr Anderson
12-13-2007, 12:40 PM
"ejmat" wrote:

"Mr" wrote:

He's playing great.

I'm saying best overall, tackles, sacks, fumbles, coverage. All Willis and Sims do is make tackles... and on their terrible defenses someone has to lol. Fletcher is having a great year as well. 112 sacks and 3 ints.

ejmat
12-13-2007, 01:45 PM
"Mr" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

"Mr" wrote:

He's playing great.

I'm saying best overall, tackles, sacks, fumbles, coverage. All Willis and Sims do is make tackles... and on their terrible defenses someone has to lol. Fletcher is having a great year as well. 112 sacks and 3 ints.

I hear ya but I have one question for you.
Does Fletcher really have 112 sacks this year?
:P

BBQ Platypus
12-13-2007, 01:52 PM
"ejmat" wrote:

"Mr" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

"Mr" wrote:

He's playing great.

I hear ya but I have one question for you.
Does Fletcher really have 112 sacks this year?
:P

That'd be pretty wild - breaking the sack record for every single game he plays in. :P

Potus2028
12-13-2007, 02:08 PM
"V4L" wrote:

Greenway is playing solid

Not flashy.. Not great.. But solid

Hopefully he keeps on maturing and growing into a better player!

I like the strides he is making.. He is basically a rookie this year

other words would also include consistent, and dependable.

greenway is being extremelly dependable, and he will make the play. the stand out plays include the fumble recoveries, and int's.. if he gets some more of those, he can be in the pro bowl.. until then, he's just another dependable player (kind of like a pat williams idea, always plays well, never got the pro-bowl).

i love greenway. i knew we needed some LB help last year, and i loved what he did at college. i was bummed when he got hurt.

this year he's playing like the number one pick he needs to be