PDA

View Full Version : Vikings’ front five leading the way - 100 yards in 12 of 13 games

singersp
12-12-2007, 10:21 PM
Vikings’ front five leading the way to playoffs (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22221615/)

Minnesota has rushed for more than 100 yards in 12 of their 13 games

By Dan Pompei
MSNBC contributor

updated 5:53 p.m. CT, Wed., Dec. 12, 2007

The Vikings are all about the run — which is why they are heating up while others are cooling off....

purplepowered
12-12-2007, 10:30 PM
Its the whole truth and nuthing buth the truth so help me AP and CT
Peterson For President 08
Taylor Vice President 08

mountainviking
12-12-2007, 10:31 PM
Nice Work OLINE!!
Keep it up!!

Good Read-thanks!

I'd rather vote for them than who we'll have to pick from...

singersp
12-13-2007, 05:49 AM
Ryan Cook, a second round pick from 2006, has taken another step at right tackle. He is using his hands better and capitalizing on his size and athleticism.

It does seem like Cook has been playing better.

cogitans
12-13-2007, 06:10 AM
"singersp" wrote:

Ryan Cook, a second round pick from 2006, has taken another step at right tackle. He is using his hands better and capitalizing on his size and athleticism.

I too were one of those who thought we might should try and find a new RT early in the draft next year. Now as the right side has been more productive with Herrera in with Cook, I'm no longer so sure.

Vikes_King
12-13-2007, 06:12 AM
"singersp" wrote:

agreed. he's been coming along really well lately, i think having some stability knowing he's the guy and doesn't have to worry about Johnson taking his spot every other sunday, or worrying whether it will be Hicks or Herrerra next to him has to play into that
:P

he's been a solid player for the better part of the season, hopefully he keeps it up, he's got some very good veterans to learn from

PurpleTide
12-13-2007, 06:35 AM
The zone blocking scheme has become second nature to these guys now and they have come together as a unit. It started to jell once Childress made Herrera starter at right guard.

Having a dominant o-line can and will take us into the post season, and this team has been a joy to watch as they get better every week. Great vets, Birk, Hutch, mixed with youth Cook, and Herrera, and the biggest head in the league Bryant will continue bashing d-linemen and making holes for the best rushing team in the game.

singersp
12-13-2007, 07:28 AM
"PurpleTide" wrote:

The zone blocking scheme has become second nature to these guys now and they have come together as a unit. It started to jell once Childress made Herrera starter at right guard.

Having a dominant o-line can and will take us into the post season, and this team has been a joy to watch as they get better every week. Great vets, Birk, Hutch, mixed with youth Cook, and Herrera, and the biggest head in the league Bryant will continue bashing d-linemen and making holes for the best rushing team in the game.

Or was it because they took Hicks out?

PurpleTide
12-13-2007, 07:36 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"PurpleTide" wrote:

Or was it because they took Hicks out?

It could be, from what I understand Herrera plays with a chip on his sholder, trash talks, and keeps those guys fired up.

Marrdro
12-15-2007, 10:28 AM
Most of you realize that I very seldom say anything bad about anything Vikings, however, I was on the OL, The OL Coach and Matt Birk asses pretty hard this year, however, I have to admit they are finally coming together.

I agree that Herrera seems to be the catalyst for turning things around, however, I also attribute some of thier progress to the fact that Matt appears to be making proper line calls and TJ is starting to make the right pre-snap adjustments.
Those two things alone can and will make a OL look very good.

Here's to their continued progress which, IMHO, is the main reason the Vikes are doing so well.

A wise man once said.....
It all starts up front.
;D