PDA

View Full Version : ken irvin?

TheAnimal93
12-06-2004, 03:36 PM
anyone know his status? is there no chance of him coming back at all this year? i have forgotten exactly what his injury was.
thanks

JDogg926
12-06-2004, 03:36 PM
i think he's out for the year, on ir

whackthepack
12-06-2004, 03:48 PM
major knee injury, if he makes it back it will not be until the start of next season.

KFAN is reporting that Irvin ruptured the achilles tendon around the right knee. This is the end of Irvin's season - not a good start for the season

ItalianStallion
12-08-2004, 11:21 AM
I thought the achilles tendon was at the back of the heel.

XTAP59
12-08-2004, 11:40 AM
Thought he was out as well for the season.
We have to go with Ross........gulp......

jackyl
12-08-2004, 11:59 AM
Blew up his achilles.

VKG4LFE
12-08-2004, 06:59 PM
achilles connects the heel to the calf muscle (better known as the gastrocnemius (sp?) I did remember something from kinesiology class, woo hoo!

eelpout72
12-08-2004, 07:50 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

achilles connects the heel to the calf muscle (better known as the gastrocnemius (sp?) I did remember something from kinesiology class, woo hoo!

Unfortunately, i know this firsthand too as i ruptured my achilles tendon a few months ago and needed surgery. I was actually diagnosed as having a badly sprained ankle and was walking/limping around for 6 weeks before i realized i was misdiagnosed! It takes 6 months to a year before one fully recovers.

If you want to get grossed out, check out this link (i made the mistake of watching this before going under the knife).

http://www.arthroscopy.com/sp09023.htm

VKG4LFE
12-08-2004, 07:52 PM
That would hurt so bad!!

cajunvike
12-08-2004, 08:00 PM
"eelpout72" wrote:

"VKG4LFE" wrote:

Unfortunately, i know this firsthand too as i ruptured my achilles tendon a few months ago and needed surgery. I was actually diagnosed as having a badly sprained ankle and was walking/limping around for 6 weeks before i realized i was misdiagnosed! It takes 6 months to a year before one fully recovers.

If you want to get grossed out, check out this link (i made the mistake of watching this before going under the knife).

http://www.arthroscopy.com/sp09023.htm

A guy in the office right down from mine had the same thing happen to him earlier this year and had to have surgery as well. He was laid up for weeks and miserable about missing out on his whole summer. Fortunately for him, he could still work from home so he at least could make money while he was out. He is still going through physical therapy and griping about it.

VKG4LFE
12-08-2004, 08:01 PM
What type of job do you have where you can work at home? That would be nice, but then you wouldn't have much interaction with people either, which would suck!

eelpout72
12-08-2004, 08:12 PM
I guess that's these injuries are not all that uncommon these days especially as you get older. STRETCH OUT those calves before you exercise! I was actually just playing volleyball and was standing there and then jumped up to spike the ball when the tendon completely tore. (didnt get very high off of the ground as a result)

VKG4LFE
12-08-2004, 08:13 PM
Wow, I'm in a volleyball league, I will definitely have to start stretching!! (Since, I'm so young (well not really) I thought I was invincible!!)

cajunvike
12-08-2004, 08:18 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

What type of job do you have where you can work at home? That would be nice, but then you wouldn't have much interaction with people either, which would suck!

Check your PM.

VKG4LFE
12-08-2004, 08:19 PM
I don't have any.