PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Williams' TD sets more than 1 record

singersp
12-10-2007, 07:24 AM
Kevin Williams touchdown (http://nc.startribune.com/blogs/vikings/?p=1205)

December 9th, 2007 – 3:27 PM
by Judd Zulgad

singersp
12-10-2007, 07:30 AM
Purple trio settles for almost a record (http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/12297031.html)

The Vikings' defensive tackles went on an interception binge Sunday. Kevin Williams got one. Pat Williams got one. Spencer Johnson thought he had one, but it was later ruled a fumble recovery.

By Patrick Reusse, Star Tribune

Last update: December 10, 2007 - 12:47 AM

Williams set two Vikings records with this. He became the first lineman to score four touchdowns (two interceptions, two fumble recoveries) and the first lineman to have four interceptions.....

ejmat
12-10-2007, 07:34 AM
"singersp" wrote:

Purple trio settles for almost a record (http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/12297031.html)

The Vikings' defensive tackles went on an interception binge Sunday. Kevin Williams got one. Pat Williams got one. Spencer Johnson thought he had one, but it was later ruled a fumble recovery.

By Patrick Reusse, Star Tribune

Last update: December 10, 2007 - 12:47 AM

Williams set two Vikings records with this. He became the first lineman to score four touchdowns (two interceptions, two fumble recoveries) and the first lineman to have four interceptions.....

I'd like to see Johnson's again.
Not sure why that was changed to a fumble.
Hill was in the motion of throwing and if the ball would have dropped it most definately would have been an incomplete pass.

Mikecarter81
12-10-2007, 07:41 AM
Good point Ejat
I thought the same thing.
I infact tivo'd
the game and if it wasn't a forward pass then I don't know what possible could be his arm was going forward, now if it would of slipped from his hand and hit the ground you now the officials would of called no fumble, it was a pasds.
Grr.

Mike

ejmat
12-10-2007, 09:22 AM
"Mikecarter81" wrote:

Good point Ejat
I thought the same thing.
I infact tivo'd
the game and if it wasn't a forward pass then I don't know what possible could be his arm was going forward, now if it would of slipped from his hand and hit the ground you now the officials would of called no fumble, it was a pasds.
Grr.

Mike

I guess when it is all said and done it really doesn't matter.
However D-Line don't get many opportunities to pick one off so it would be nice for this to have been an INT.

Prophet
12-11-2007, 08:45 AM
Sure was a fun way to start the game.
For some reason I like to watch Dilfer suffer.

singersp
12-16-2007, 10:57 AM
That's the ticket (http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/12521691.html)

startribune.com

Last update: December 15, 2007 - 11:50 PM

With his fourth career touchdown last week at San Francisco, Vikings defensive tackle Kevin Williams has matched the career scoring totals of Pro Football Hall of Fame defensive tackles Bob Lilly and Alan Page..........

PurpleGator
12-16-2007, 11:03 AM
"Prophet" wrote:

Sure was a fun way to start the game.
For some reason I like to watch Dilfer suffer.

Thats not very nice.

Actually I enjoy it also.
;D

Marrdro
12-16-2007, 11:04 AM
My K-will jersey is getting a bit worn.
Maybe I need to invest in another.
;D

ejmat
12-17-2007, 08:35 AM
Just remember he could have 5.
That one against Dallas was brought back becasue of a Ray Edwards penalty.

Vikes_King
12-17-2007, 02:08 PM
Next door, Pat Williams said: "They're going to forget me, I'm going to go get the quarterback. ctually, the back came over and tried to block me, but I was too quick for him."

lol, can't help but love Pat.

Btw, for those of you that forgot, I believe they changed Pat Williams INT to a fumble recovery also. So thanks to Elias Sports Bureau or whatever, i'm pretty sure our DT's were only credited with 1 INT, but 2 fumble recoveries

ballhog27
12-17-2007, 02:14 PM
All I can say about this is Cheers to not getting our draft card in early!!! KWill has proved to be a much more valuable player than say Terrell Suggs has been. To bad Mike Tice doesn't get credit for his great draft day folley.

Vikes_King
12-17-2007, 02:16 PM
"ballhog27" wrote:

All I can say about this is Cheers to not getting our draft card in early!!! KWill has proved to be a much more valuable player than say Terrell Suggs has been. To bad Mike Tice doesn't get credit for his great draft day folley.

Tice got plenty of credit for it when he was here.
Like I've always said, like Tice or not, he's a very good judge of talent (most of the time).
Whether or not he could use those talents correctly is a whole other discussion.
Which is why I agreed he'd make a good assisstant HC in jacksonville