PDA

View Full Version : Willis can say what he wants about stopping Peterson but we still won

purplepowered
12-09-2007, 07:01 PM
We still came in and won in thier house, doesnt matter, they can say Willis and the crew had Petersons number today but we didnt have to put it all on peterson we still have others. 3 mins left and game is ours 7-6 after 2-5 start. Best part is MNF with the Bears and I am going thier to meet some of you guys/gals/cant wait!

gregair13
12-09-2007, 07:02 PM
AP got stuffed hard today. Oh well. check the score board

Mr-holland
12-09-2007, 07:10 PM
AP SUCKED!!!
What a terrible game by AP

glad we won though although after the 2nd Quarter we better could've stayed in the locker room

stateVIKE44
12-09-2007, 07:12 PM
AD looked a little sluggish to me today. I dont know what it was, but he wasn't moving like he usually does. They showed a clip at the beginning of the game of him messing around with his brace, getting it wrapped up and such, I wonder if it was bugging him today?

purplepowered
12-09-2007, 07:21 PM
I t could have been but i think they just put all the 8 in the box and copncentrated on him to see if they could rattle us by stopping the run and then making us jsut get rattled by passing but it didnt work Tjack didnt get rattled he did his job and well done !

http://www.purplepride.org/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/100_0157.jpg (http://www.purplepride.org/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/100_0157.jpg)

duvaldomo
12-09-2007, 07:33 PM
"Mr-holland" wrote:

AP SUCKED!!!What a terrible game by AP

glad we won though although after the 2nd Quarter we better could've stayed in the locker room

Why AP gotta suck, cant it just be the 49ers did a great job?

ItalianStallion
12-09-2007, 07:36 PM
"duvaldomo" wrote:

"Mr-holland" wrote:

Whenever a player sucks, it's usually because the other team did their job.

What I want to know is why, when he was doing absolutely nothing with every carry, was AP given the ball over Chester?
Give it to the hot hand.

hx38596
12-09-2007, 07:39 PM
Yeah, Willis and that DL was hyped up now...

AD needs to shed that dang brace ASAP.. Especially for playoffs.
big time hindrance.

Braddock
12-09-2007, 07:42 PM
The better of our pass plays come when AD was in the game. They were so focused on him, that it opened our pass up, and save a few dropsies (none of which is TJ's fault, naturally) TJ held up great. Should we can rely on our passing game a little more. That's more important for us right now.

Schutz
12-09-2007, 07:43 PM
"hx38596" wrote:

Yeah, Willis and that DL was hyped up now...

AD needs to shed that dang brace ASAP.. Especially for playoffs.
big time hindrance.

We don't know if that's true, he ran just fine last week just fine.
And he had one run today that showed he still had the speed.
But it's just a bad combination of getting your usual bad run plays, and the niners just sending people to the edge over and over.
Chester only had big yards because of the one run he busted.
AP could have easily busted a run like that and looked better as well.
The 49ers just did a good job of stopping the run today.

marstc09
12-09-2007, 07:47 PM
Tell Willis to suck it because we are going to the playoffs, we won, and Peterson is the rookie of the year, not him!

MaxVike
12-09-2007, 08:07 PM
Absurd, and worthy of no further comment.

vikesfargo
12-09-2007, 08:29 PM
Peterson had a great day. He kept the defense distracted enough to allow the other guys to make lots of big plays.

Peterson never gave up. He kept at it.

Now we've got three weapons: Peterson, Taylor, and the throwing game. That makes it tough for opposing defenses.

midgensa
12-09-2007, 08:29 PM
"marstc09" wrote:

Tell Willis to suck it because we are going to the playoffs, we won, and Peterson is the rookie of the year, not him!

Uh ... Willis will win Rookie of the Year also. They do give out two of them.

StillPurple
12-09-2007, 08:33 PM
Willis is a very good player.

AP is still great.

They are both very good. Willis won today. Still, we won, so the only stat that counts to me is the final score.

Who do you think is smiling right now, Willis, or AP ?

C Mac D
12-09-2007, 08:50 PM
I think that this is evidence that we need to keep Taylor next year. With two runningbacks, we don't just have to rely on just one... even if he has an "off" day.

Great Win! Nice playing, Brother Chester!

PurplePowerPunch
12-09-2007, 08:50 PM
Willis won the battle, but he didn't win the WAR!

27-7 VIKES!!!

hx38596
12-09-2007, 09:18 PM
"C" wrote:

I think that this is evidence that we need to keep Taylor next year. With two runningbacks, we don't just have to rely on just one... even if he has an "off" day.

Great Win! Nice playing, Brother Chester!

Yeah, let's stick 8 in the box and crash the corners.
They had a gameplan of stopping AD and they did.
They also ignored the pass.
Great job, Nolan, you are a genius.

StillPurple
12-09-2007, 10:53 PM
My only issue is that we didn't run play action more. They were obviously keying on AP, so we could have run play action way better than we did. But a win is a win.

Frostbite
12-09-2007, 11:05 PM
"duvaldomo" wrote:

"Mr-holland" wrote:

Yes....I agree with that and afterall.....It was just luck of the draw that C Tay was in and got the TD run. That play was blocked for a TD regardless of which running back gets it there....Just happened to be Chester Taylors turn in the backfield.

Sounds like a lot of Sour Grapes by Niners players/fans/ etc. Look at the Score Board Willis!

Cheers!

Mikecarter81
12-09-2007, 11:42 PM
Lets also not forget that the niners paid almost 100 million in upgrades to the Defense.
I mean they are a decent team on defense.
I'm glad we got out without any srious injuries and the victory

Mike

V4L
12-10-2007, 12:00 AM
Exactly MikeCarter

The offense is what kills them

The D is average.. We just were a lil slow today

Caine
12-10-2007, 12:05 AM
Peterson sucked today???????
Are you serious?
If anything, I believe he did his job.

After all, being a dominant rushing threat, isn't his job to force opposing Defenses to put 8+ in the box to stop HIM, thereby allowing our receivers to get open?

Yup.

Since he did exactly that, I'd say he did fantastic.
San fran was so worried about getting torched by Peterson that they allowed the rest of the offense to do it instead.

Job well done, Adrian!!!

Caine

Ltrey33
12-10-2007, 12:16 AM
Well unfortunately for the 49ers they were playing the Vikings and not the Adrian Petersons.

V-Unit
12-10-2007, 12:36 AM
I actually feel bad for the 49ers Defense. They remind me of our team last year.

UTVikfan
12-10-2007, 01:05 AM
OMG, someone (apparently not Bevel and Chillie) besides me noticed they were bringing the corners everytime AD was in they game, YAY!

singersp
12-10-2007, 05:17 AM
Willis can say what he wants about stopping Peterson but we still won

Did Willis say something about that? I didn't see/hear anything.

Did Anyone else?

purplepowered
12-12-2007, 10:57 PM
I still ahve to say that yeah we won that game, AP didnt get anywhere, Y? Because all they Keyed on was being
the ONLY ones to say HEY WE STOPPED AP! whooped t doo! Cause that is all they did cause they looked like idiots doing it. 27-7 was great cause lost focus of passing game and taylor as well. So ok you stopped AP but an
our RB still got 100 yds out of ya game kids! and we kicked your ass! Too bad 9ers! See Ya 3 wins hope you have ur tvs set for playoffs!

V4L
12-12-2007, 11:01 PM
7-6 Vikes

Niners.. Who cares?

PacNWVike
12-12-2007, 11:04 PM
"duvaldomo" wrote:

"Mr-holland" wrote:

A good, objective point.

PurpleGator
12-12-2007, 11:15 PM
"V4L" wrote:

7-6 Vikes

Niners.. Who cares?

It was the niners, we didn't want A.P. to get hurt.

It was over in the first minute anyways.
When a DT runs back a TD, game over.

Vikes_King
12-13-2007, 06:31 AM
"PurpleGator" wrote:

"V4L" wrote:

7-6 Vikes

Niners.. Who cares?

It was the niners, we didn't want A.P. to get hurt.

It was over in the first minute anyways.
When a DT runs back a TD, game over.

oh my god i felt the same way lol.
i had been at a sports bar at the time so me and my friend could watch her cowboys game :P and the vikes started to play right as that was getting over.
i kinda got up and cheered when KW ran that back on the first play of the game, and everyone looked at me like "what is he cheering about!? neither detroit or dallas scored.." lol

right then i knew it was going to be a good game

Marrdro
12-15-2007, 11:29 AM
I find it funny when someone (me) makes a prediction that Willis would be used to stop AD and our running game and I got so much crap from a certain individual for it.

Were is that Yutz now?
;D

AD is fine, the brace is fine.
The only thing that happened (well really things) was the fact that the 49'rs had nothing else to play for so they elected to shut AD down and TJ (plus some help from the DL) and our passing game carried the load.

singersp
12-15-2007, 11:41 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

I find it funny when someone (me) makes a prediction that Willis would be used to stop AD and our running game and I got so much crap from a certain individual for it.

Were is that Yutz now?

;D

The only thing that happened (well really things) was the fact that the 49'rs had nothing else to play for so they elected to shut AD down and TJ (plus some help from the DL) and our passing game carried the load.

It's pretty simple Marr, I mentioned it in greater detail in a couple of threads. AD is not a gould pass blocker, so when he's in there the defense will expect run & key on AD.

When C-Tay is in there, it could be a pass play or a run play because C-Tay can pass block better. Thus the defense doesn't know what to expect & C-Tay ends up wih a better performance.

The solution? Work with AD to get his pass blocking skills improved.

Marrdro
12-15-2007, 11:49 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

Were is that Yutz now?

;D

It's pretty simple Marr, I mentioned it in greater detail in a couple of threads. AD is not a gould pass blocker, so when he's in there the defense will expect run & key on AD.

When C-Tay is in there, it could be a pass play or a run play because C-Tay can pass block better. Thus the defense doesn't know what to expect & C-Tay ends up wih a better performance.

The solution? Work with AD to get his pass blocking skills improved.

His pass blocking skills are getting better and will start to elavate even more now that Birk and TJ are making the correct "Pre-snap" blitz reads based on what the D is showing.

purplepowered
12-15-2007, 10:43 PM
This is right Birk sets up the blits calls and schemes and
Tjack makes the proper calls and its all jelling so Yeah they Stopped AP so what we Kicked ass after 1 defensive play and it was over then it was play time in CANDLESTICK PARK!
Now We come Home to Give TJack his first Monday Night Football win on national TV. GOD I love our D Thanks WWC! and the entire D, Linebackers, DBS, Safeties, Linemen its all what we have been dreaming about since Dungy left!

PurpleGator
12-16-2007, 09:39 AM
"purplepowered" wrote:

This is right Birk sets up the blits calls and schemes and
Tjack makes the proper calls and its all jelling so Yeah they Stopped AP so what we Kicked jiggly butt after 1 defensive play and it was over then it was play time in CANDLESTICK PARK!
Now We come Home to Give TJack his first Monday Night Football win on national TV. GOD I love our D Thanks WWC! and the entire D, Linebackers, DBS, Safeties, Linemen its all what we have been dreaming about since Dungy left!

Who is Dungy?
Is he fake too?