PDA

View Full Version : Peterson?



fanfrom1969
12-09-2007, 05:45 PM
Can't see the game- lovin' the score though. Is Peterson OK? -2 yards on 6 carries at the half. Anybody know why?

kspurplepride
12-09-2007, 05:48 PM
i'd like to know this as well, because Fox in my area chose not to take a double header

ultravikingfan
12-09-2007, 05:52 PM
I dunno, getting stuffed.
CT doing good.

I think we will see more of him this half.

Zeus
12-09-2007, 05:54 PM
"fanfrom1969" wrote:


Can't see the game- lovin' the score though. Is Peterson OK? -2 yards on 6 carries at the half. Anybody know why?


They are keying on AD - no worries.

=Z=

BBQ Platypus
12-09-2007, 05:58 PM
We're also doing a shitty job calling plays for him.
He's not getting into a rhythm because of this tandem crap.
I'm still really happy with how things are going, but we've got to stop this if we want to go further than one-and-done.

BadlandsVikings
12-09-2007, 05:58 PM
Does he need play well every game? Everybody has a bad day once in awhile.

tke0933
12-09-2007, 06:00 PM
I agree.
Peterson hasn't had any room to run today.
But CT has picked it up with over 90 yds. so far.
You gotta love the score though.

baumy300
12-09-2007, 06:00 PM
We just need to run him on the outside a little more.

He'll be fine.

BBQ Platypus
12-09-2007, 06:00 PM
"BadlandsViking" wrote:


Does he need play well every game? Everybody has a bad day once in awhile.


Well, I'd prefer to have him in his best form when it counts in the playoffs.
On the bright side, I'm already looking ahead.

marstc09
12-09-2007, 06:03 PM
We are fine. That is the only thing they can stop today.

crazyB
12-09-2007, 06:20 PM
i was a little worried about AP too but it's great to see CT can do the work while AP can't, good game for Tjack too nice run he had.
"let's go Vikings"

Freya
12-09-2007, 06:26 PM
the OL is getting worked over. Pass and force them to rethink their plan.

Storm
12-09-2007, 06:39 PM
Doesn't matter, CT has proven many times that he can carry the load when needed. Skol Vikings! Purple Jay will be back, no worries.

hx38596
12-09-2007, 06:42 PM
Looks like Willis has won the whole ROY competition heads up.
What a hit on AD... BOOM.


AD - Shutdown.

kspurplepride
12-09-2007, 06:53 PM
they key off on AP we win

provides a great deal of optimism for the playoffs

sandviking
12-09-2007, 07:05 PM
Yet another reason I hate living in Arizona-they carry the cardinals game over the Vikings game.
Thank goodness for the internet.

ultravikingfan
12-09-2007, 07:14 PM
"kspurplepride" wrote:


they key off on AP we win

provides a great deal of optimism for the playoffs


True.

If anyone needs to learn some history, look at what Walter Payton did in the Bears Super Bowl win...nothing.
He was the ulitmate decoy!

litlharsh
12-09-2007, 07:17 PM
"sandviking" wrote:


Yet another reason I hate living in Arizona-they carry the cardinals game over the Vikings game.
Thank goodness for the internet.

I feel you, my AZ brother. good thing i got the pats stillers or i would have gone nuts having to watch the cards.

duvaldomo
12-09-2007, 07:19 PM
Peterson was shutdown completly, but we still came away with a 20point win, hats off to the defense and CT. Tjack did good also, alot of dropped balls though

tb04512
12-09-2007, 07:21 PM
shows we dont need him to win... everytime he was in they blitzed corners

duvaldomo
12-09-2007, 07:31 PM
"tb04512" wrote:


shows we dont need him to win... everytime he was in they blitzed corners



Thats true. Hopefully Childress have a gameplan for this because teams are going to be looking at the film seeing how to stop AP, which wont be good down the stretch. Got away with it today though

litlharsh
12-09-2007, 07:31 PM
"tb04512" wrote:


shows we dont need him to win... everytime he was in they blitzed corners

Did they really? Did we use some play action to take advantage of this?

x-ray jeff
12-09-2007, 07:32 PM
The Vikings should be able to hit some big plays over the top when teams sell out so much to stop Perterson.
;)

hx38596
12-09-2007, 07:32 PM
"tb04512" wrote:


shows we dont need him to win... everytime he was in they blitzed corners



Well, There's a blueprint on how to shut down AD.

(and lose by 20)

tb04512
12-09-2007, 07:35 PM
"hx38596" wrote:


"tb04512" wrote:


shows we dont need him to win... everytime he was in they blitzed corners



Well, There's a blueprint on how to shut down AD.

(and lose by 20)


ill take it, shut him down but we still win, like candy from a baby
:P

marstc09
12-09-2007, 07:38 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:


"kspurplepride" wrote:


they key off on AP we win

provides a great deal of optimism for the playoffs


True.

If anyone needs to learn some history, look at what Walter Payton did in the Bears Super Bowl win...nothing.
He was the ulitmate decoy!


Nice point! I am so pumped right now!

COJOMAY
12-09-2007, 07:42 PM
The Minneapolis paper is reporting this about Peterson:


We’ll say from the start that this is the danger of real-time blogging, and we certainly don’t mean to alarm anyone. So we’ll just calmly report that RB Adrian Peterson removed himself from the game with 6 minutes, 45 seconds remaining in the second quarter here in San Francisco after losing two yards on a running play.

Peterson went to the sidelines and, along with athletic trainer Eric Sugarman, began fiddling with the brace on his right knee. (As you remember, he tore the LCL in that knee Nov. 11 at Green Bay.) RB Chester Taylor scored on an 84-yard run on the next play.

In the first half, Peterson carried six times for minus-2 yards. We’re not saying anything is wrong. We’re just telling you what happened.

UPDATE: Peterson opened the second half in the backfield, carrying on the second play for no gain.

Billy Boy
12-09-2007, 07:46 PM
"BBQ" wrote:


We're also doing a shitty job calling plays for him.
He's not getting into a rhythm because of this tandem crap.
I'm still really happy with how things are going, but we've got to stop this if we want to go further than one-and-done.


I disagree about the bad use of the RBs.


Its 2nd and 13 and Chester is in.
Chester is the blocking RB so its an obvious pass play right?
Wrong.
SF blitzes with a safety and Chester busts out an 84 yard TD run to that side.

MaxVike
12-09-2007, 07:51 PM
nothing is wrong...Patrick Willis is the "BEAST" we thought he'd be.
They key'd on AD and executed.
He had no room to run, anywhere, except for the play Birk go called for holding.
He will be fine, we've got two home games in a row and he will go 100+ in both wins.

wierstom
12-09-2007, 08:24 PM
it is hard not to see ad go hog wild but we won and in the past when ever the vikes lost there big threat or the big threat dint play well we would lose but as we now know the vikes won and other guys stepped up that is what playoff teams do so go vikes.

singersp
12-09-2007, 08:40 PM
"fanfrom1969" wrote:


Can't see the game- lovin' the score though. Is Peterson OK? -2 yards on 6 carries at the half. Anybody know why?


"kspurplepride" wrote:


i'd like to know this as well, because Fox in my area chose not to take a double header


"ultravikingfan" wrote:


I dunno, getting stuffed.
CT doing good.

I think we will see more of him this half.


It's pretty simple. I said it before several weeks ago. AD cannot pass block very well, so when he's in there there's a very high percentage that it will be a run to AD.

SF has been bringing several blitz packages in there. If AD is in there, he is going to be the target since a run is almost assured. When C-Tay is in there, who can pass block, it's not clear whether it will be a pass or a run, so Tarvaris is more than likely the target & they protect for the pass more, which opens it up a bit more for C-Tay.

AD needs to improve his pass blocking abilities to open up his run game otherwise he'll be the "D's" primary target who will be thinking run play, not a pass play.

Frostbite
12-09-2007, 11:16 PM
The Coaches (to There Credit) recognized early in the second half that there was no need to force a less than 100 percent AD into a lot of hard running, possibly risking another set back to the knee. Obviously the Brace is bothering him too. The Niners did a good job of taking AD out of the plan but honestly, the run C.Tay scores on was blocked well enough that either one of them could have scored. It just happened to be Chester Taylor that got the call. If AD was in on the play I bet he scores as well. Isn't it great to have this double threat and be able to use either guy as a decoy for the passing attack?? I think it's great!


Cheers!