PDA

View Full Version : Robison has another chance - Sees opportunity to prove himself

singersp
12-08-2007, 10:45 AM
With Edwards suspended and James hurt, Vikings DE Robison has another chance (http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/12/06/sports/FBN-Vikings-Robisons-Chance.php)

The Associated Press
iht.com

Published: December 7, 2007

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn.: At first glance, Minnesota Vikings defensive end Brian Robison doesn't look like a fourth-round draft pick.......

V4L
12-08-2007, 01:29 PM
I love Robison's motor and his swagger

He is a beast and I wish him the best for his career and this game

I think he will fill in quite nice for Ray

Garland Greene
12-09-2007, 08:17 PM
Any news on his injury? man we absolutly cannot afford a DE to go down even for a game.

purplepowered
12-09-2007, 08:52 PM
This guy fell to us. We got soo lucky. I hope Matt Millen stays in Detroit because he fucks up the draft so bad that we get awesome players across the board because everyone is still in awe when he is drafting WR's in the first round each year. All other draft personel are goin what the hell is he doin? and we are just laughing
getting our men and they are goin what a dipshit! Go Millen! The Worst Manager in NFL History!

This was the hood before I repainted it. The colors were inked on so the sun faded it imedieately. So It had to go anyway. And with almost 190.000 miles on the car....it was time

http://www.purplepride.org/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/100_0072.jpg (http://www.purplepride.org/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/100_0072.jpg)

jessejames09
12-09-2007, 08:58 PM
"Garland" wrote:

Any news on his injury? man we absolutly cannot afford a DE to go down even for a game.

He was back in the game.

singersp
12-12-2007, 06:29 AM
Minnesota Vikings' Brian Robison sees opportunity to prove himself in injuries to other pass rushers (http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_7696212)

Rookie sees opportunity in injuries to other pass rushers

BY SEAN JENSEN
Pioneer Press

Article Last Updated: 12/12/2007 12:10:02 AM CST

Brian Robison gladly filled his role earlier this season.

A fourth-round draft pick, Robison served as a situational pass rusher, and he had 4½ sacks....

PurpleTide
12-12-2007, 07:10 AM
Kudos to our personnel department, Robison is a full blast hustling monster, and that drive will motivate the whole defense. He's always aroung the ball, and his best days are still ahead of him.

What a fourth round steal.

NordicNed
12-12-2007, 08:41 AM
I feel very confident in Robisons play, and if Otis G., can duplicate his intensity of last weeks showing, I believe between the two, we will be just fine..... ;)

NordicNed
12-12-2007, 08:43 AM
"purplepowered" wrote:

This was the hood before I repainted it. The colors were inked on so the sun faded it imedieately. So It had to go anyway. And with almost 190.000 miles on the car....it was time

PP,

Can I ask, what type of paint are you using on your car?......Looking good bud
;D

vikesfargo
12-12-2007, 11:08 AM
What an interesting group we have at defensive end

Brian Robison - 18 tackles and 4.5 sacks as a rookie

Kenechi Udeze - run stuffer with 4 sacks this year

Ray Edwards - solid young player, unfortunately on suspension (hopefully he just took the wrong supplements and won't make the same mistake)

Otis Grigsby - In one game he got one sack, one tackle, two passes hurried, and one forced fumble. That's getting it going.

Darrion Scott - IR. He should be good when he gets back.

Jayme Mitchell - he recently got a sack. Maybe he is starting to up his production

Erasmus James - IR. When he comes back, he could light it up

There has been some adversity at defensive end this year. I just like the way we are headed here. There is a lot of young talent and potential.

Vikes_King
12-12-2007, 03:15 PM
"singersp" wrote:

Minnesota Vikings' Brian Robison sees opportunity to prove himself in injuries to other pass rushers (http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_7696212)

Rookie sees opportunity in injuries to other pass rushers

BY SEAN JENSEN
Pioneer Press

Article Last Updated: 12/12/2007 12:10:02 AM CST

Brian Robison gladly filled his role earlier this season.

A fourth-round draft pick, Robison served as a situational pass rusher, and he had 4½ sacks....

this was at the bottom of the article

Briefly: The Elias Sports Bureau, the NFL's official statistician, ruled nose tackle Pat Williams recovered a fumble instead of intercepted a pass Sunday. Elias ruled 49ers quarterback Shaun Hill's arm was going backward when he lost the ball.

Thats bullshit :'( they took away both Spencer's & Phat Pat's INTs and made them FFs.
Which means we no longer have that record (both for 3 DT's or 2 DT's with INTs)
I hate ESB now

clark_griswold
12-12-2007, 03:25 PM
I was so pissed off about that too. They were both a little sketchy but i don't feel like either had enough evidence to be changed. Oh well, lets shoot for 4 DT interceptions on monday night.

IBleedPurple11
12-12-2007, 04:54 PM
Robison is a badass I hope he develops into our new starter....Let James go...Keep Ray Edwards he is a badass too.

I think it is stupid that they changed that "Phat Pat" INT to a Fumble recovery. I dont think they should be able to change stats like that after a game is over. The play was called an INT and was not challenged before the next play was called sooooo...it was an INT.

happy camper
12-12-2007, 04:58 PM
"IBleedPurple28" wrote:

Robison is a badass I hope he develops into our new starter....Let James go...Keep Ray Edwards he is a badass too.

I think it is stupid that they changed that "Phat Pat" INT to a Fumble recovery. I dont think they should be able to change stats like that after a game is over. The play was called an INT and was not challenged before the next play was called sooooo...it was an INT.

Thats ridiculous.

Coach Nolan: I want to challenge that.

Ref: Why? Williams clearly had the ball.

Coach: I know, but you called it a INT and I think it was a fumble.

Ref: Either way, its Vikings ball.

Coach: I know, I just don't see how it was a INT. GETCHER HEAD OUTTA YOUR ASS, REF!

IBleedPurple11
12-12-2007, 05:18 PM
No, what is more ridiculous is that they changed the call AFTER the game. Im not saying Nolan should have challenged it. Alot of calls are wrong every sunday and they dont go and chance them after the game. That was my point.

happy camper
12-12-2007, 05:28 PM
The only thing that was changed was the stat. It happens often.