PDA

View Full Version : Question about the color of Vikes home jerseys ????



vikesfan
12-07-2007, 10:57 PM
Been a Vikes fan all my life... so yes, I'm aware that the jerseys are purple.

However, it looked like at the game last week, some people were wearing the new style of the jerseys and they looked blue. Not all of them were blue, most seemed purple, but some of them looked blue.

Honestly, I thought they looked kinda cool. I have about 10 or more authentic Vikings jerseys and every single one is purple... and they're all the exact same shade of purple. However, I don't have any of the newer jerseys... all the ones I have are the older ones (before 2006).

I'm wondering if some of the ones being made this year are more blue than purple. Anybody have a "blue" one or seen a blueish one, or am I just going crazy? And if you do have one, where did you get it?

sharper42
12-07-2007, 10:59 PM
must be your tv man.. ::)

BadlandsVikings
12-07-2007, 11:02 PM
They are still purple, and will always be purple

aceclown
12-07-2007, 11:09 PM
The purple is the exact same shade on the new jerseys as it has always been.
Anyone familiar with Television calibration understands that purple is easily the most difficult color to reproduce on TV, and if your TV isn't professionally calibrated there is often a tendency to have the red/green out of balance.
If there is even the slightest tint towards too much green (as most TV's are usually out of balance in terms of too much green, not enough red), the Vikings jerseys will appear to look more blue than they actually are.

vikesfan
12-07-2007, 11:14 PM
"aceclown" wrote:


The purple is the exact same shade on the new jerseys as it has always been.
Anyone familiar with Television calibration understands that purple is easily the most difficult color to reproduce on TV, and if your TV isn't professionally calibrated there is often a tendency to have the red/green out of balance.
If there is even the slightest tint towards too much green (as most TV's are usually out of balance in terms of too much green, not enough red), the Vikings jerseys will appear to look more blue than they actually are.


I really appreciate the explanation. Thanks for the insight because I often wondered in the past why they looked so blue.

HOWEVER, what I was trying to ask was about some of the jerseys that the fans at the game were wearing. Most fans appeared to have the normal "purple" colored jerseys, but a couple fans seemed to have the same jerseys, but they looked blueish. I'm just wondering if some jerseys were maybe produced that were the wrong color, or if anyone else had noticed that. I wasn't talking about the actual jerseys that the Vikes wear.

But again, thanks for the explanation because I often wondered that in the past.

aceclown
12-07-2007, 11:26 PM
"vikesfan" wrote:


"aceclown" wrote:


The purple is the exact same shade on the new jerseys as it has always been.
Anyone familiar with Television calibration understands that purple is easily the most difficult color to reproduce on TV, and if your TV isn't professionally calibrated there is often a tendency to have the red/green out of balance.
If there is even the slightest tint towards too much green (as most TV's are usually out of balance in terms of too much green, not enough red), the Vikings jerseys will appear to look more blue than they actually are.


I really appreciate the explanation. Thanks for the insight because I often wondered in the past why they looked so blue.

HOWEVER, what I was trying to ask was about some of the jerseys that the fans at the game were wearing. Most fans appeared to have the normal "purple" colored jerseys, but a couple fans seemed to have the same jerseys, but they looked blueish. I'm just wondering if some jerseys were maybe produced that were the wrong color, or if anyone else had noticed that. I wasn't talking about the actual jerseys that the Vikes wear.

But again, thanks for the explanation because I often wondered that in the past.


I was also at the game, and I can tell you that the reason for the jerseys looking like they vary in color is because of the counterfeit "authentic" jerseys being sold on ebay.
You can always spot these jerseys because the numbers have sharp squared corners, where the real jerseys have rounded numbers.
Also, most of the knock offs have a little tail on the N of Peterson, where the authentics do not.
Because these jerseys are counterfeit, they arent held to the same standards as the real jerseys, so the color could easily vary and is probably more blue than the real ones.

REAL
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f130/aceclown/Real.jpg

FAKE
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f130/aceclown/PetersonFake.jpg

PurpleHornsOfDestruction
12-08-2007, 12:15 AM
Maybe you should visit this site

http://colorvisiontesting.com/online%20test.htm

FreakinVikingsBaby
12-08-2007, 12:38 AM
"aceclown" wrote:


"vikesfan" wrote:


"aceclown" wrote:


The purple is the exact same shade on the new jerseys as it has always been.
Anyone familiar with Television calibration understands that purple is easily the most difficult color to reproduce on TV, and if your TV isn't professionally calibrated there is often a tendency to have the red/green out of balance.
If there is even the slightest tint towards too much green (as most TV's are usually out of balance in terms of too much green, not enough red), the Vikings jerseys will appear to look more blue than they actually are.


I really appreciate the explanation. Thanks for the insight because I often wondered in the past why they looked so blue.

HOWEVER, what I was trying to ask was about some of the jerseys that the fans at the game were wearing. Most fans appeared to have the normal "purple" colored jerseys, but a couple fans seemed to have the same jerseys, but they looked blueish. I'm just wondering if some jerseys were maybe produced that were the wrong color, or if anyone else had noticed that. I wasn't talking about the actual jerseys that the Vikes wear.

But again, thanks for the explanation because I often wondered that in the past.


I was also at the game, and I can tell you that the reason for the jerseys looking like they vary in color is because of the counterfeit "authentic" jerseys being sold on ebay.
You can always spot these jerseys because the numbers have sharp squared corners, where the real jerseys have rounded numbers.
Also, most of the knock offs have a little tail on the N of Peterson, where the authentics do not.
Because these jerseys are counterfeit, they arent held to the same standards as the real jerseys, so the color could easily vary and is probably more blue than the real ones.

REAL
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f130/aceclown/Real.jpg

FAKE
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f130/aceclown/PetersonFake.jpg


Fuck I gotta fake! Fuck it, it still looks cool. I shoulda figured a $55 authentic jersey was too good to be true.

Potus2028
12-08-2007, 12:40 AM
i'm pretty sure mine is real..

<wipes forehead>

question.. is there any sure fire scientific way to tell.. i.e. a tag, or whats on a tag or something?

SKOL
12-08-2007, 12:49 AM
I have a home jersey I washed incorrectly.
It's now lavender.
Lavender isn't cool.

SKOL
12-08-2007, 12:57 AM
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f130/aceclown/PetersonFake.jpg

Hey, that looks blue.

PurplePumpkin
12-08-2007, 12:59 AM
"SKOL" wrote:


I have a home jersey I washed incorrectly.
It's now lavender.
Lavender isn't cool.


It sounds pretty :-X LOL

hx38596
12-08-2007, 01:33 AM
Maybe Wilf is quietly shifting the colors to blue.
(he hates purple, really likes blue /giants).
In order to pull off the 5 year plan, each year the purple will turn more blue and more blue until all the purple is gone without anyone noticing.

Really, this is a professional football team, not a dance troupe, or jive five quartet.
Is purple really appropriate?

FreakinVikingsBaby
12-08-2007, 01:36 AM
"hx38596" wrote:


Maybe Wilf is quietly shifting the colors to blue.
(he hates purple, really likes blue /giants).
In order to pull off the 5 year plan, each year the purple will turn more blue and more blue until all the purple is gone without anyone noticing.

Really, this is a professional football team, not a dance troupe, or jive five quartet.
Is purple really appropriate?


You're right. Screw what the colors have been for the last 50 yrs. We should change them.

Schutz
12-08-2007, 01:47 AM
"FreakinVikingsBaby" wrote:


"hx38596" wrote:


Maybe Wilf is quietly shifting the colors to blue.
(he hates purple, really likes blue /giants).
In order to pull off the 5 year plan, each year the purple will turn more blue and more blue until all the purple is gone without anyone noticing.

Really, this is a professional football team, not a dance troupe, or jive five quartet.
Is purple really appropriate?


You're right. Screw what the colors have been for the last 50 yrs. We should change them.


Yeah I was thinking more of a bright red.

clark_griswold
12-08-2007, 02:17 AM
I think you were looking at the Lions players.
:P

But really i know what you mean...When i look at peeps in the crowd i can tell who bought bootleg gear and who shops on NFL.com

FreakinVikingsBaby
12-08-2007, 02:23 AM
"clark_griswold" wrote:


I think you were looking at the Lions players.
:P

But really i know what you mean...When i look at peeps in the crowd i can tell who bought bootleg gear and who shops on NFL.com


I can't bring myself to shop at nfl.com. Even if I had the money, I couldn't bring myself to pay $250 for a jersey that was made for $5 by some indonesian kid who lost his fingers in the process and got paid $1.20 an hr.

Articnv
12-08-2007, 03:21 AM
purple
= the color of royalty

LuckyVike
12-08-2007, 05:17 AM
"FreakinVikingsBaby" wrote:


"aceclown" wrote:


"vikesfan" wrote:


"aceclown" wrote:


The purple is the exact same shade on the new jerseys as it has always been.
Anyone familiar with Television calibration understands that purple is easily the most difficult color to reproduce on TV, and if your TV isn't professionally calibrated there is often a tendency to have the red/green out of balance.
If there is even the slightest tint towards too much green (as most TV's are usually out of balance in terms of too much green, not enough red), the Vikings jerseys will appear to look more blue than they actually are.


I really appreciate the explanation. Thanks for the insight because I often wondered in the past why they looked so blue.

HOWEVER, what I was trying to ask was about some of the jerseys that the fans at the game were wearing. Most fans appeared to have the normal "purple" colored jerseys, but a couple fans seemed to have the same jerseys, but they looked blueish. I'm just wondering if some jerseys were maybe produced that were the wrong color, or if anyone else had noticed that. I wasn't talking about the actual jerseys that the Vikes wear.

But again, thanks for the explanation because I often wondered that in the past.


I was also at the game, and I can tell you that the reason for the jerseys looking like they vary in color is because of the counterfeit "authentic" jerseys being sold on ebay.
You can always spot these jerseys because the numbers have sharp squared corners, where the real jerseys have rounded numbers.
Also, most of the knock offs have a little tail on the N of Peterson, where the authentics do not.
Because these jerseys are counterfeit, they arent held to the same standards as the real jerseys, so the color could easily vary and is probably more blue than the real ones.

REAL
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f130/aceclown/Real.jpg

FAKE
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f130/aceclown/PetersonFake.jpg


Fuck I gotta fake! Fuck it, it still looks cool. I shoulda figured a $55 authentic jersey was too good to be true.


Sorry about your luck but that post is priceless. :D

singersp
12-08-2007, 07:43 AM
"aceclown" wrote:


"vikesfan" wrote:


"aceclown" wrote:


The purple is the exact same shade on the new jerseys as it has always been.
Anyone familiar with Television calibration understands that purple is easily the most difficult color to reproduce on TV, and if your TV isn't professionally calibrated there is often a tendency to have the red/green out of balance.
If there is even the slightest tint towards too much green (as most TV's are usually out of balance in terms of too much green, not enough red), the Vikings jerseys will appear to look more blue than they actually are.


I really appreciate the explanation. Thanks for the insight because I often wondered in the past why they looked so blue.

HOWEVER, what I was trying to ask was about some of the jerseys that the fans at the game were wearing. Most fans appeared to have the normal "purple" colored jerseys, but a couple fans seemed to have the same jerseys, but they looked blueish. I'm just wondering if some jerseys were maybe produced that were the wrong color, or if anyone else had noticed that. I wasn't talking about the actual jerseys that the Vikes wear.

But again, thanks for the explanation because I often wondered that in the past.


I was also at the game, and I can tell you that the reason for the jerseys looking like they vary in color is because of the counterfeit "authentic" jerseys being sold on ebay.
You can always spot these jerseys because the numbers have sharp squared corners, where the real jerseys have rounded numbers.
Also, most of the knock offs have a little tail on the N of Peterson, where the authentics do not.
Because these jerseys are counterfeit, they arent held to the same standards as the real jerseys, so the color could easily vary and is probably more blue than the real ones.

REAL
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f130/aceclown/Real.jpg

FAKE
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f130/aceclown/PetersonFake.jpg


He's refering to the jerseys the players were wearing. I doubt any of them got their jerseys of eBay.

We've been thru this before. Who cares if it's a Reebok knock off? Your supporting your team & one of your favorite players, not to mention you can get one for 15%-20% of what an Reebok real authentic would cost & it just has suttle differences. Who the hell cares?

It's still an authentic & it costs $40-$60 rather than $300. That's even less than what a screen printed replica jersey cost. Also, Reebok is not the only ones who manufacture jerseys, Authentix are another type of authentic jersey sold in stores. By an authentic jersey I mean it has sewn on name, numbers & most times logos.

I have never seen anyone look down & belittle a Vikings fan wearing a jersey of any kind whether it be a $300 Reebok or a $25 replica jersey purchased at Target.

Have you?

You can spend $300 if you want to, but for that kind of money I'd rather have 6 or 7 knockoffs of which most people wouldn't even be able to tell the difference.

hx38596
12-08-2007, 08:21 AM
"Articnv" wrote:


purple
= the color of royalty

Ah... Nice.
I like it.
Hopefully Wilf will stay true.

I have noticed the helmets are different.
A pearly finish, iridescent a bit when the light hits it.

MemphisPurple
12-08-2007, 09:43 AM
The blue ones are just fake, I saw about 3 at the game.

marstc09
12-08-2007, 09:45 AM
"singersp" wrote:


"aceclown" wrote:


"vikesfan" wrote:


"aceclown" wrote:


The purple is the exact same shade on the new jerseys as it has always been.
Anyone familiar with Television calibration understands that purple is easily the most difficult color to reproduce on TV, and if your TV isn't professionally calibrated there is often a tendency to have the red/green out of balance.
If there is even the slightest tint towards too much green (as most TV's are usually out of balance in terms of too much green, not enough red), the Vikings jerseys will appear to look more blue than they actually are.


I really appreciate the explanation. Thanks for the insight because I often wondered in the past why they looked so blue.

HOWEVER, what I was trying to ask was about some of the jerseys that the fans at the game were wearing. Most fans appeared to have the normal "purple" colored jerseys, but a couple fans seemed to have the same jerseys, but they looked blueish. I'm just wondering if some jerseys were maybe produced that were the wrong color, or if anyone else had noticed that. I wasn't talking about the actual jerseys that the Vikes wear.

But again, thanks for the explanation because I often wondered that in the past.


I was also at the game, and I can tell you that the reason for the jerseys looking like they vary in color is because of the counterfeit "authentic" jerseys being sold on ebay.
You can always spot these jerseys because the numbers have sharp squared corners, where the real jerseys have rounded numbers.
Also, most of the knock offs have a little tail on the N of Peterson, where the authentics do not.
Because these jerseys are counterfeit, they arent held to the same standards as the real jerseys, so the color could easily vary and is probably more blue than the real ones.

REAL
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f130/aceclown/Real.jpg

FAKE
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f130/aceclown/PetersonFake.jpg


He's refering to the jerseys the players were wearing. I doubt any of them got their jerseys of eBay.

We've been thru this before. Who cares if it's a Reebok knock off? Your supporting your team & one of your favorite players, not to mention you can get one for 15%-20% of what an Reebok real authentic would cost & it just has suttle differences. Who the hell cares?

It's still an authentic & it costs $40-$60 rather than $300. That's even less than what a screen printed replica jersey cost. Also, Reebok is not the only ones who manufacture jerseys, Authentix are another type of authentic jersey sold in stores. By an authentic jersey I mean it has sewn on name, numbers & most times logos.

I have never seen anyone look down & belittle a Vikings fan wearing a jersey of any kind whether it be a $300 Reebok or a $25 replica jersey purchased at Target.

Have you?

You can spend $300 if you want to, but for that kind of money I'd rather have 6 or 7 knockoffs of which most people wouldn't even be able to tell the difference.


Right on. We get an ugly replica for $75 when you can have a more confortable and better looking sewn jersey for $50. Seems like a no brainer to me. I did notice the slight color difference on mine but I own a lot of vikings clothing and they all vary in shades of purple.

singersp
12-08-2007, 09:48 AM
"marstc09" wrote:


"singersp" wrote:


"aceclown" wrote:


"vikesfan" wrote:


"aceclown" wrote:


The purple is the exact same shade on the new jerseys as it has always been.
Anyone familiar with Television calibration understands that purple is easily the most difficult color to reproduce on TV, and if your TV isn't professionally calibrated there is often a tendency to have the red/green out of balance.
If there is even the slightest tint towards too much green (as most TV's are usually out of balance in terms of too much green, not enough red), the Vikings jerseys will appear to look more blue than they actually are.


I really appreciate the explanation. Thanks for the insight because I often wondered in the past why they looked so blue.

HOWEVER, what I was trying to ask was about some of the jerseys that the fans at the game were wearing. Most fans appeared to have the normal "purple" colored jerseys, but a couple fans seemed to have the same jerseys, but they looked blueish. I'm just wondering if some jerseys were maybe produced that were the wrong color, or if anyone else had noticed that. I wasn't talking about the actual jerseys that the Vikes wear.

But again, thanks for the explanation because I often wondered that in the past.


I was also at the game, and I can tell you that the reason for the jerseys looking like they vary in color is because of the counterfeit "authentic" jerseys being sold on ebay.
You can always spot these jerseys because the numbers have sharp squared corners, where the real jerseys have rounded numbers.
Also, most of the knock offs have a little tail on the N of Peterson, where the authentics do not.
Because these jerseys are counterfeit, they arent held to the same standards as the real jerseys, so the color could easily vary and is probably more blue than the real ones.

REAL
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f130/aceclown/Real.jpg

FAKE
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f130/aceclown/PetersonFake.jpg


He's refering to the jerseys the players were wearing. I doubt any of them got their jerseys of eBay.

We've been thru this before. Who cares if it's a Reebok knock off? Your supporting your team & one of your favorite players, not to mention you can get one for 15%-20% of what an Reebok real authentic would cost & it just has suttle differences. Who the hell cares?

It's still an authentic & it costs $40-$60 rather than $300. That's even less than what a screen printed replica jersey cost. Also, Reebok is not the only ones who manufacture jerseys, Authentix are another type of authentic jersey sold in stores. By an authentic jersey I mean it has sewn on name, numbers & most times logos.

I have never seen anyone look down & belittle a Vikings fan wearing a jersey of any kind whether it be a $300 Reebok or a $25 replica jersey purchased at Target.

Have you?

You can spend $300 if you want to, but for that kind of money I'd rather have 6 or 7 knockoffs of which most people wouldn't even be able to tell the difference.


Right on. We get an ugly replica for $75 when you can have a more confortable and better looking sewn jersey for $50. Seems like a no brainer to me. I did notice the slight color difference on mine but I own a lot of vikings clothing and they all vary in shades of purple.

One can always get the white away jerseys also.

Are the off-color purple ones all indeed fake or are they merely Reebok "factory seconds" due to a mis-dye?

marstc09
12-08-2007, 09:53 AM
"singersp" wrote:


"marstc09" wrote:


"singersp" wrote:


"aceclown" wrote:


"vikesfan" wrote:




The purple is the exact same shade on the new jerseys as it has always been.
Anyone familiar with Television calibration understands that purple is easily the most difficult color to reproduce on TV, and if your TV isn't professionally calibrated there is often a tendency to have the red/green out of balance.
If there is even the slightest tint towards too much green (as most TV's are usually out of balance in terms of too much green, not enough red), the Vikings jerseys will appear to look more blue than they actually are.


I really appreciate the explanation. Thanks for the insight because I often wondered in the past why they looked so blue.

HOWEVER, what I was trying to ask was about some of the jerseys that the fans at the game were wearing. Most fans appeared to have the normal "purple" colored jerseys, but a couple fans seemed to have the same jerseys, but they looked blueish. I'm just wondering if some jerseys were maybe produced that were the wrong color, or if anyone else had noticed that. I wasn't talking about the actual jerseys that the Vikes wear.

But again, thanks for the explanation because I often wondered that in the past.


I was also at the game, and I can tell you that the reason for the jerseys looking like they vary in color is because of the counterfeit "authentic" jerseys being sold on ebay.
You can always spot these jerseys because the numbers have sharp squared corners, where the real jerseys have rounded numbers.
Also, most of the knock offs have a little tail on the N of Peterson, where the authentics do not.
Because these jerseys are counterfeit, they arent held to the same standards as the real jerseys, so the color could easily vary and is probably more blue than the real ones.

REAL
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f130/aceclown/Real.jpg

FAKE
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f130/aceclown/PetersonFake.jpg


He's refering to the jerseys the players were wearing. I doubt any of them got their jerseys of eBay.

We've been thru this before. Who cares if it's a Reebok knock off? Your supporting your team & one of your favorite players, not to mention you can get one for 15%-20% of what an Reebok real authentic would cost & it just has suttle differences. Who the hell cares?

It's still an authentic & it costs $40-$60 rather than $300. That's even less than what a screen printed replica jersey cost. Also, Reebok is not the only ones who manufacture jerseys, Authentix are another type of authentic jersey sold in stores. By an authentic jersey I mean it has sewn on name, numbers & most times logos.

I have never seen anyone look down & belittle a Vikings fan wearing a jersey of any kind whether it be a $300 Reebok or a $25 replica jersey purchased at Target.

Have you?

You can spend $300 if you want to, but for that kind of money I'd rather have 6 or 7 knockoffs of which most people wouldn't even be able to tell the difference.


Right on. We get an ugly replica for $75 when you can have a more confortable and better looking sewn jersey for $50. Seems like a no brainer to me. I did notice the slight color difference on mine but I own a lot of vikings clothing and they all vary in shades of purple.

One can always get the white away jerseys also.

Are the off-color purple ones all indeed fake or are they merely Reebok "factory seconds" due to a mis-dye?


Who knows and who cares?! I like it and that is all that matters.
;D ;)

BadlandsVikings
12-08-2007, 09:56 AM
"singersp" wrote:


"marstc09" wrote:


"singersp" wrote:


"aceclown" wrote:


"vikesfan" wrote:




The purple is the exact same shade on the new jerseys as it has always been.
Anyone familiar with Television calibration understands that purple is easily the most difficult color to reproduce on TV, and if your TV isn't professionally calibrated there is often a tendency to have the red/green out of balance.
If there is even the slightest tint towards too much green (as most TV's are usually out of balance in terms of too much green, not enough red), the Vikings jerseys will appear to look more blue than they actually are.


I really appreciate the explanation. Thanks for the insight because I often wondered in the past why they looked so blue.

HOWEVER, what I was trying to ask was about some of the jerseys that the fans at the game were wearing. Most fans appeared to have the normal "purple" colored jerseys, but a couple fans seemed to have the same jerseys, but they looked blueish. I'm just wondering if some jerseys were maybe produced that were the wrong color, or if anyone else had noticed that. I wasn't talking about the actual jerseys that the Vikes wear.

But again, thanks for the explanation because I often wondered that in the past.


I was also at the game, and I can tell you that the reason for the jerseys looking like they vary in color is because of the counterfeit "authentic" jerseys being sold on ebay.
You can always spot these jerseys because the numbers have sharp squared corners, where the real jerseys have rounded numbers.
Also, most of the knock offs have a little tail on the N of Peterson, where the authentics do not.
Because these jerseys are counterfeit, they arent held to the same standards as the real jerseys, so the color could easily vary and is probably more blue than the real ones.

REAL
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f130/aceclown/Real.jpg

FAKE
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f130/aceclown/PetersonFake.jpg


He's refering to the jerseys the players were wearing. I doubt any of them got their jerseys of eBay.

We've been thru this before. Who cares if it's a Reebok knock off? Your supporting your team & one of your favorite players, not to mention you can get one for 15%-20% of what an Reebok real authentic would cost & it just has suttle differences. Who the hell cares?

It's still an authentic & it costs $40-$60 rather than $300. That's even less than what a screen printed replica jersey cost. Also, Reebok is not the only ones who manufacture jerseys, Authentix are another type of authentic jersey sold in stores. By an authentic jersey I mean it has sewn on name, numbers & most times logos.

I have never seen anyone look down & belittle a Vikings fan wearing a jersey of any kind whether it be a $300 Reebok or a $25 replica jersey purchased at Target.

Have you?

You can spend $300 if you want to, but for that kind of money I'd rather have 6 or 7 knockoffs of which most people wouldn't even be able to tell the difference.


Right on. We get an ugly replica for $75 when you can have a more confortable and better looking sewn jersey for $50. Seems like a no brainer to me. I did notice the slight color difference on mine but I own a lot of vikings clothing and they all vary in shades of purple.

One can always get the white away jerseys also.

Are the off-color purple ones all indeed fake or are they merely Reebok "factory seconds" due to a mis-dye?


I guess that the little kids overseas make less per hour on one of the two

singersp
12-08-2007, 10:03 AM
"BadlandsViking" wrote:


"singersp" wrote:


"marstc09" wrote:


"singersp" wrote:


"aceclown" wrote:






The purple is the exact same shade on the new jerseys as it has always been.
Anyone familiar with Television calibration understands that purple is easily the most difficult color to reproduce on TV, and if your TV isn't professionally calibrated there is often a tendency to have the red/green out of balance.
If there is even the slightest tint towards too much green (as most TV's are usually out of balance in terms of too much green, not enough red), the Vikings jerseys will appear to look more blue than they actually are.


I really appreciate the explanation. Thanks for the insight because I often wondered in the past why they looked so blue.

HOWEVER, what I was trying to ask was about some of the jerseys that the fans at the game were wearing. Most fans appeared to have the normal "purple" colored jerseys, but a couple fans seemed to have the same jerseys, but they looked blueish. I'm just wondering if some jerseys were maybe produced that were the wrong color, or if anyone else had noticed that. I wasn't talking about the actual jerseys that the Vikes wear.

But again, thanks for the explanation because I often wondered that in the past.


I was also at the game, and I can tell you that the reason for the jerseys looking like they vary in color is because of the counterfeit "authentic" jerseys being sold on ebay.
You can always spot these jerseys because the numbers have sharp squared corners, where the real jerseys have rounded numbers.
Also, most of the knock offs have a little tail on the N of Peterson, where the authentics do not.
Because these jerseys are counterfeit, they arent held to the same standards as the real jerseys, so the color could easily vary and is probably more blue than the real ones.

REAL
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f130/aceclown/Real.jpg

FAKE
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f130/aceclown/PetersonFake.jpg


He's refering to the jerseys the players were wearing. I doubt any of them got their jerseys of eBay.

We've been thru this before. Who cares if it's a Reebok knock off? Your supporting your team & one of your favorite players, not to mention you can get one for 15%-20% of what an Reebok real authentic would cost & it just has suttle differences. Who the hell cares?

It's still an authentic & it costs $40-$60 rather than $300. That's even less than what a screen printed replica jersey cost. Also, Reebok is not the only ones who manufacture jerseys, Authentix are another type of authentic jersey sold in stores. By an authentic jersey I mean it has sewn on name, numbers & most times logos.

I have never seen anyone look down & belittle a Vikings fan wearing a jersey of any kind whether it be a $300 Reebok or a $25 replica jersey purchased at Target.

Have you?

You can spend $300 if you want to, but for that kind of money I'd rather have 6 or 7 knockoffs of which most people wouldn't even be able to tell the difference.


Right on. We get an ugly replica for $75 when you can have a more confortable and better looking sewn jersey for $50. Seems like a no brainer to me. I did notice the slight color difference on mine but I own a lot of vikings clothing and they all vary in shades of purple.

One can always get the white away jerseys also.

Are the off-color purple ones all indeed fake or are they merely Reebok "factory seconds" due to a mis-dye?


I guess that the little kids overseas make less per hour on one of the two


Not necessarily kids. Whether it's Reebook or China knock-offs, many products are made in third world countries overseas where jobs are scarce & most adults work for around a $1.50 an hour or less.

When Jing was a cashier in a huge mall in Cebu City, she brought home about $8-$10 a day. That's just the way it is. In fact, jobs are so scarce there, once you are employed in some jobs, you only get the job for 6 months & then you are terminated regardless of performance to give others an opportunity for temporary employment.

NodakPaul
12-08-2007, 10:12 AM
"aceclown" wrote:


The purple is the exact same shade on the new jerseys as it has always been.
Anyone familiar with Television calibration understands that purple is easily the most difficult color to reproduce on TV, and if your TV isn't professionally calibrated there is often a tendency to have the red/green out of balance.
If there is even the slightest tint towards too much green (as most TV's are usually out of balance in terms of too much green, not enough red), the Vikings jerseys will appear to look more blue than they actually are.


Without getting into the debate of authentic versus knock off jerseys (I happily wear my fake AD jersey...), how do you get your tv professionally calibrated.
I have a pretty nice HD TV in my family room, and the jerseys tend to look blue for me too.
In fact, I almost always see the Vikings as blue on TV (Although I go to enough games to know that this is the TV).
Because it always happened, I thought it had something to do with the signal or the calibration of the cameras.

Sometimes when they switch cameras, the color looks purple, and back to another it looks blue again.

aceclown
12-08-2007, 03:35 PM
"singersp" wrote:


"aceclown" wrote:


"vikesfan" wrote:


"aceclown" wrote:


The purple is the exact same shade on the new jerseys as it has always been.
Anyone familiar with Television calibration understands that purple is easily the most difficult color to reproduce on TV, and if your TV isn't professionally calibrated there is often a tendency to have the red/green out of balance.
If there is even the slightest tint towards too much green (as most TV's are usually out of balance in terms of too much green, not enough red), the Vikings jerseys will appear to look more blue than they actually are.


I really appreciate the explanation. Thanks for the insight because I often wondered in the past why they looked so blue.

HOWEVER, what I was trying to ask was about some of the jerseys that the fans at the game were wearing. Most fans appeared to have the normal "purple" colored jerseys, but a couple fans seemed to have the same jerseys, but they looked blueish. I'm just wondering if some jerseys were maybe produced that were the wrong color, or if anyone else had noticed that. I wasn't talking about the actual jerseys that the Vikes wear.

But again, thanks for the explanation because I often wondered that in the past.


I was also at the game, and I can tell you that the reason for the jerseys looking like they vary in color is because of the counterfeit "authentic" jerseys being sold on ebay.
You can always spot these jerseys because the numbers have sharp squared corners, where the real jerseys have rounded numbers.
Also, most of the knock offs have a little tail on the N of Peterson, where the authentics do not.
Because these jerseys are counterfeit, they arent held to the same standards as the real jerseys, so the color could easily vary and is probably more blue than the real ones.

REAL
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f130/aceclown/Real.jpg

FAKE
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f130/aceclown/PetersonFake.jpg


He's refering to the jerseys the players were wearing. I doubt any of them got their jerseys of eBay.

We've been thru this before. Who cares if it's a Reebok knock off? Your supporting your team & one of your favorite players, not to mention you can get one for 15%-20% of what an Reebok real authentic would cost & it just has suttle differences. Who the hell cares?

It's still an authentic & it costs $40-$60 rather than $300. That's even less than what a screen printed replica jersey cost. Also, Reebok is not the only ones who manufacture jerseys, Authentix are another type of authentic jersey sold in stores. By an authentic jersey I mean it has sewn on name, numbers & most times logos.

I have never seen anyone look down & belittle a Vikings fan wearing a jersey of any kind whether it be a $300 Reebok or a $25 replica jersey purchased at Target.

Have you?

You can spend $300 if you want to, but for that kind of money I'd rather have 6 or 7 knockoffs of which most people wouldn't even be able to tell the difference.


He was talking about the fans jerseys, not the players.

aceclown
12-08-2007, 03:47 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:


"aceclown" wrote:


The purple is the exact same shade on the new jerseys as it has always been.
Anyone familiar with Television calibration understands that purple is easily the most difficult color to reproduce on TV, and if your TV isn't professionally calibrated there is often a tendency to have the red/green out of balance.
If there is even the slightest tint towards too much green (as most TV's are usually out of balance in terms of too much green, not enough red), the Vikings jerseys will appear to look more blue than they actually are.


Without getting into the debate of authentic versus knock off jerseys (I happily wear my fake AD jersey...), how do you get your tv professionally calibrated.
I have a pretty nice HD TV in my family room, and the jerseys tend to look blue for me too.
In fact, I almost always see the Vikings as blue on TV (Although I go to enough games to know that this is the TV).
Because it always happened, I thought it had something to do with the signal or the calibration of the cameras.

Sometimes when they switch cameras, the color looks purple, and back to another it looks blue again.


To get your TV professionally calibrated most experts use SpyderTv, but that is a very expensive kit.
I was lucky enough to find a review on my TV that logged the calibration results using the Datacolor SpyderTV, and if you search for reviews on the exact model of your TV you might be able to find the "correct" settings somewhere.
But even that isnt foolproof as every room varies in lighting, but the reds and greens are always spot on so you should see a more accurate representation of colors, namely purple.

purplepowered
12-09-2007, 09:12 PM
Must be ur TV cause I have 3 of the new jerseys 2 printed 1 sewn 1 wht 2 purple one drkr than the other

wilson
12-10-2007, 01:18 AM
Purple is a very hard color to translate onto different materials. If you notice back in the day, the jerseys and the helmets were usually wayyy different shades of purple, the helmet being obviously purple, and the jersey appearing more "blue". THey made a big effort to change this, when they went with the metallic finish on the helmet, to match the jersey. They actually use different purples on the materials, so they look like the same in the end. The lighting in the Metrodome does NO favors for this, as it makes the purples very blue. You can see a huge difference when they play in an outdoor stadium, especially when they wear the home jerseys on the road (i.e at Wash or Dal).

here is a swatch of the Vikes' official colors, notice how much more "blue" the purple looks now, compared to when it was first adopted.....

(I removed the images)

wilson
12-10-2007, 01:22 AM
Also, if you get a jersey that is more "blue", it's not necessarily a fake, just produced badly. When I bought my Kleinsasser jersey in the last set of jerseys, the salesman got it down for me from the wall, and the one he gave me, the purple striped on the sleeves (the away jersey) were VERY blue. I told him I didn't want that one, so he gt me another, and it was the perfect purple that time. I have noticed this time and time again. Purple is just a difficult color to work with.

singersp
12-10-2007, 05:24 AM
"wilson" wrote:



here is a swatch of the Vikes' official colors, notice how much more "blue" the purple looks now, compared to when it was first adopted.....

http://www.ssur.org/research/TeamColors/Football_Outdoor/NationalFootballLeague/images/MinnesotaVikings_FRC_9999_SOL.jpg http://www.ssur.org/research/TeamColors/Football_Outdoor/NationalFootballLeague/images/MinnesotaVikings_FRC_1979_SOL.jpg


The picture is not correct. The actual jerseys are far more purple. "colored" pictures do not depict the colors correctly. I have several replicas boughten from the Vikings Locker room store & not a single one of them look liket that color.

I Remember we had the same issue when we first got a glimpse of the new Vikings uniforms & an artists rendering was displayed here.

wilson
12-10-2007, 11:56 AM
"singersp" wrote:


"wilson" wrote:



here is a swatch of the Vikes' official colors, notice how much more "blue" the purple looks now, compared to when it was first adopted.....


The picture is not correct. The actual jerseys are far more purple. "colored" pictures do not depict the colors correctly. I have several replicas boughten from the Vikings Locker room store & not a single one of them look liket that color.

I Remember we had the same issue when we first got a glimpse of the new Vikings uniforms & an artists rendering was displayed here.


Oh yes, the picture IS correct. These are the official PANTONE colors the Vikings use. This is where things get tricky though, these are the colors for print, where as for textiles (the jersey), they have to use a different purple. But the colors above are the official colors in the purest form.

singersp
12-10-2007, 11:52 PM
"wilson" wrote:


"singersp" wrote:


"wilson" wrote:



here is a swatch of the Vikes' official colors, notice how much more "blue" the purple looks now, compared to when it was first adopted.....


The picture is not correct. The actual jerseys are far more purple. "colored" pictures do not depict the colors correctly. I have several replicas boughten from the Vikings Locker room store & not a single one of them look liket that color.

I Remember we had the same issue when we first got a glimpse of the new Vikings uniforms & an artists rendering was displayed here.


Oh yes, the picture IS correct. These are the official PANTONE colors the Vikings use. This is where things get tricky though, these are the colors for print, where as for textiles (the jersey), they have to use a different purple. But the colors above are the official colors in the purest form.


I don't believe so. At least looking at the color on my computer. I have over 30 jerseys & not one of them look like that plaque. It's much too blue.

The closest I come to that is one of the old throwbacks.

Anyone here own a jersey that matches that plaque?

FreakinVikingsBaby
12-10-2007, 11:53 PM
"singersp" wrote:


"wilson" wrote:


"singersp" wrote:


"wilson" wrote:



here is a swatch of the Vikes' official colors, notice how much more "blue" the purple looks now, compared to when it was first adopted.....


The picture is not correct. The actual jerseys are far more purple. "colored" pictures do not depict the colors correctly. I have several replicas boughten from the Vikings Locker room store & not a single one of them look liket that color.

I Remember we had the same issue when we first got a glimpse of the new Vikings uniforms & an artists rendering was displayed here.


Oh yes, the picture IS correct. These are the official PANTONE colors the Vikings use. This is where things get tricky though, these are the colors for print, where as for textiles (the jersey), they have to use a different purple. But the colors above are the official colors in the purest form.


I don't believe so. At least looking at the color on my computer. I have over 30 jerseys & not one of them look like that plaque. It's much too blue.

Anyone here own a jersey that matches that plaque?


It goes perfect with my fake ad jersey.

MinnesotaFury
12-11-2007, 12:08 AM
Purple.
But they need a black alternate like the ravens and jags.
Black on Black.

Vikestand
12-11-2007, 12:13 AM
singer is never wrong... ::)

StillPurple
12-11-2007, 01:45 AM
Like my online handle: Still Purple !

wilson
12-11-2007, 02:31 AM
"Vikestand" wrote:


singer is never wrong... ::)


I guess I'm never going ot convince him, no matter what I say. Bring this file straight to the Vikes' headquarters, and they will agree that these are the official colors... and then they will probably kill you for having them.

UTVikfan
12-11-2007, 03:45 AM
Oddly enough to me, they look violet (not cool color name) not purple. But Tertiary colors..well, what can you say. BTW, reflected light makes an obscene amount of difference with how things look.

singersp
12-11-2007, 05:21 AM
"Vikestand" wrote:


singer is never wrong... ::)


What's with the rolling eyes? Where have I ever stated I was never wrong?

singersp
12-11-2007, 05:36 AM
"wilson" wrote:


"Vikestand" wrote:


singer is never wrong... ::)


I guess I'm never going ot convince him, no matter what I say. Bring this file straight to the Vikes' headquarters, and they will agree that these are the official colors... and then they will probably kill you for having them.


No , you are not going to convince me. Perhaps not the Vikings either. To me & to UT also, they look more like a blue rather than a purple.

You do not have the actual color plaques there, not even photographs of the actual color plaques.

What you have is a computer generated image of the color plaque, nothing more IMO.

Colors can appear different under different types of light & lighting conditions, I.E. fluorescent or incadescent for example. Color evaluation is usually done in a Macbeth booth with a specific type of lighting.

Exactly how many others are agreeing with you so far that their jerseys match the color you provided? Perhaps you need a poll.

NodakPaul
12-11-2007, 10:34 AM
"singersp" wrote:


"wilson" wrote:


"Vikestand" wrote:


singer is never wrong... ::)


I guess I'm never going ot convince him, no matter what I say. Bring this file straight to the Vikes' headquarters, and they will agree that these are the official colors... and then they will probably kill you for having them.


No , you are not going to convince me. Perhaps not the Vikings either. To me & to UT also, they look more like a blue rather than a purple.

You do not have the actual color plaques there, not even photographs of the actual color plaques.

What you have is a computer generated image of the color plaque, nothing more IMO.

Colors can appear different under different types of light & lighting conditions, I.E. fluorescent or incadescent for example. Color evaluation is usually done in a Macbeth booth with a specific type of lighting.

Exactly how many others are agreeing with you so far that their jerseys match the color you provided? Perhaps you need a poll.


LOL.
You two are funny.

Yes, those are the official colors.
You can also go to the Vikings site and find the official Pantone colors used by the vikings. The Pantone Color Matching System is widely accepted as an authority for color definition.

No, they probably don't look like your jersey.
Not only are you looking at a photograph of the official colors instead of the actual color, but you are also looking at it on a computer screen, which is converting it into en RGB pattern - likely losing some of its integrity, especially if the monitor is not calibrated correctly - just like your TV.

So you are both right, or both wrong.
However you want to look at it.

C Mac D
12-11-2007, 10:37 AM
Why the Vikings' purple looks blue:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purple


In medieval Europe, blue dyes were rare and expensive,[5] so only the most wealthy or the aristocracy could afford to wear them. (The working class wore mainly green and brown.) Because of this (and also because Tyrian purple had gone out of use in western Europe after the collapse of the Western Roman Empire in AD 476), Europeans' idea of purple shifted towards this more bluish purple known as royal purple because of its similarity to the royal blue worn by the aristocracy. This was the shade of purple worn by kings in medieval Europe.

Prophet
12-11-2007, 10:38 AM
I thought this was one of the offseason topics that is discussed every year.

marstc09
12-11-2007, 10:40 AM
"NodakPaul" wrote:


"singersp" wrote:


"wilson" wrote:


"Vikestand" wrote:


singer is never wrong... ::)


I guess I'm never going ot convince him, no matter what I say. Bring this file straight to the Vikes' headquarters, and they will agree that these are the official colors... and then they will probably kill you for having them.


No , you are not going to convince me. Perhaps not the Vikings either. To me & to UT also, they look more like a blue rather than a purple.

You do not have the actual color plaques there, not even photographs of the actual color plaques.

What you have is a computer generated image of the color plaque, nothing more IMO.

Colors can appear different under different types of light & lighting conditions, I.E. fluorescent or incadescent for example. Color evaluation is usually done in a Macbeth booth with a specific type of lighting.

Exactly how many others are agreeing with you so far that their jerseys match the color you provided? Perhaps you need a poll.


LOL.
You two are funny.

Yes, those are the official colors.
You can also go to the Vikings site and find the official Pantone colors used by the vikings. The Pantone Color Matching System is widely accepted as an authority for color definition.

No, they probably don't look like your jersey.
Not only are you looking at a photograph of the official colors instead of the actual color, but you are also looking at it on a computer screen, which is converting it into en RGB pattern - likely losing some of its integrity, especially if the monitor is not calibrated correctly - just like your TV.

So you are both right, or both wrong.
However you want to look at it.


Paul is right, you both are wrong or right.
I talked to my artist here and he said the same thing Paul just said.

singersp
12-11-2007, 10:15 PM
"marstc09" wrote:


"NodakPaul" wrote:


"singersp" wrote:


"wilson" wrote:


"Vikestand" wrote:


singer is never wrong... ::)


I guess I'm never going ot convince him, no matter what I say. Bring this file straight to the Vikes' headquarters, and they will agree that these are the official colors... and then they will probably kill you for having them.


No , you are not going to convince me. Perhaps not the Vikings either. To me & to UT also, they look more like a blue rather than a purple.

You do not have the actual color plaques there, not even photographs of the actual color plaques.

What you have is a computer generated image of the color plaque, nothing more IMO.

Colors can appear different under different types of light & lighting conditions, I.E. fluorescent or incadescent for example. Color evaluation is usually done in a Macbeth booth with a specific type of lighting.

Exactly how many others are agreeing with you so far that their jerseys match the color you provided? Perhaps you need a poll.


LOL.
You two are funny.

Yes, those are the official colors.
You can also go to the Vikings site and find the official Pantone colors used by the vikings. The Pantone Color Matching System is widely accepted as an authority for color definition.

No, they probably don't look like your jersey.
Not only are you looking at a photograph of the official colors instead of the actual color, but you are also looking at it on a computer screen, which is converting it into en RGB pattern - likely losing some of its integrity, especially if the monitor is not calibrated correctly - just like your TV.

So you are both right, or both wrong.
However you want to look at it.


Paul is right, you both are wrong or right.
I talked to my artist here and he said the same thing Paul just said.


HUH? I am wrong? NP just elaborated on what I said in my previous post. Read the bold. And no I don't believe the Pantone images he's shown are photographs. They are JPEG images.

wilson
12-12-2007, 02:13 AM
NodakPaul said extacly what I was trying to convey the whole time, thank you!

singersp
12-12-2007, 05:43 AM
"wilson" wrote:


NodakPaul said extacly what I was trying to convey the whole time, thank you!


What you were trying to sell in your first post is that the purple jerseys are now more blue since it was first adopted.

"wilson" wrote:



here is a swatch of the Vikes' official colors, notice how much more "blue" the purple looks now, compared to when it was first adopted.....


I still don't agree. The jerseys are still purple & don't appear more blue to me. If anything they appear more purple than te older jerseys.

Look at the two pantone purple images you provided. Are you trying to tell me the 1st purple (2003-present) looks more blue than the second (1961-2005)?

http://www.ssur.org/research/TeamColors/Football_Outdoor/NationalFootballLeague/images/MinnesotaVikings_FRC_9999_SOL.jpg http://www.ssur.org/research/TeamColors/Football_Outdoor/NationalFootballLeague/images/MinnesotaVikings_FRC_1979_SOL.jpg

wilson
12-12-2007, 01:30 PM
"singersp" wrote:


"wilson" wrote:


NodakPaul said extacly what I was trying to convey the whole time, thank you!


What you were trying to sell in your first post is that the purple jerseys are now more blue since it was first adopted.

"wilson" wrote:



here is a swatch of the Vikes' official colors, notice how much more "blue" the purple looks now, compared to when it was first adopted.....


I still don't agree. The jerseys are still purple & don't appear more blue to me. If anything they appear more purple than te older jerseys.

Look at the two pantone purple images you provided. Are you trying to tell me the 1st purple (2003-present) looks more blue than the second (1961-2005)?


Good God man, that is the exact OPPOSITE of what I said. Did you not even read my post completely? I said that they have been working on making both the helmet and jersey match the same purple, and that in previous years the lighting made then look like different shades, I'm not tryig to say that the current purple is close to blue, not at all, I guess when I say that I mean that it is brighter than the old purple, meaning it has more blue in it, I guess that was a poor choice of words, but I thought someone would get what I was saying.

What it boils down to is this: From the logo to the jerseys to the helmet, etc, etc.... The purple is gonna look different if the use shade only, as color looks different on various materials. In order to combat this, jersey wise, they use differnt shades to help it match well. HOWEVER... the PANTONE values I posted ealier, are the official colors fo the Vikings in the purest form. Does it look different than your jersey? of course. I'm wearing an "NFL Equipment Reebok Vikings t-shirt" right now, and its a diffent shade than my jersey.

I wasn't trynig to start any type of argument here, or doubt how purple your jerseys are, I dont care, I'm sure I know how purple they are. I was just tryin to share some info with you guys, like it or not, the color swatches I provided are the real deal.

wilson
12-12-2007, 01:32 PM
I knew this existed, Thank God I finally found it, this says better than what I can explain....

(image removed by me)

The color in the middle is the official color is solid form, bare bones. The last color is the current color they use for textiles. See how different they have to make it? THat's all i'm trying to say!

NodakPaul
12-12-2007, 01:37 PM
"wilson" wrote:


I knew this existed, Thank God I finally found it, this says better than what I can explain....

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/SSURORG/NFL/Colors/MinnesotaVikings_PurpleComparison.jpg

The color in the middle is the official color is solid form, bare bones. The last color is the current color they use for textiles. See how different they have to make it? THat's all i'm trying to say!


That is a cool chart, and one that I hadn't seen before.
I notice that the textile color is listed as 2002-2006.
Do you know if they changed it?

wilson
12-12-2007, 01:56 PM
Hmm, yeahI noticed that right as I posted it, I wasn't sure if the 2006 refers to prior to the jeresy change, or if it was included, I honestly don't know.

C Mac D
12-12-2007, 02:05 PM
"wilson" wrote:


I knew this existed, Thank God I finally found it, this says better than what I can explain....

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/SSURORG/NFL/Colors/MinnesotaVikings_PurpleComparison.jpg

The color in the middle is the official color is solid form, bare bones. The last color is the current color they use for textiles. See how different they have to make it? THat's all i'm trying to say!


That's real cool... Thanks!

DeathtoDenny
12-12-2007, 03:00 PM
The Society for Sports Uniform Research must be lying.

BadlandsVikings
12-12-2007, 04:59 PM
"DeathtoDenny" wrote:


The Society for Sports Uniform Research must be lying.


Everybody is a liar

NordicNed
12-12-2007, 05:04 PM
Hold on a minute, Cajun doesn't lie, and he's sporting his home field colors this week I heard.....
Green and Fag Yellow....... ;D

bleedpurple
12-12-2007, 05:09 PM
obviously this is a post about who has the biggest ego.... i'm right, no i'm right, no i'm more right, no i'm righter than you... yadda yadda yadda...
for god sakes, it's a freakin color!!! 6 pages arguing about a freakin color is ridiculous and a waste of internet space....

no offense to anyone.. i'm just saying.. it's a color... seriously think about it... a color...

Ltrey33
12-12-2007, 05:50 PM
"bleedpurple" wrote:


obviously this is a post about who has the biggest ego.... i'm right, no i'm right, no i'm more right, no i'm righter than you... yadda yadda yadda...
for god sakes, it's a freakin color!!! 6 pages arguing about a freakin color is ridiculous and a waste of internet space....

no offense to anyone.. i'm just saying.. it's a color... seriously think about it... a color...


Well....a waste of internet spece? There's some pretty useless internet sites...

But I agree with you. Why are we arguing about this?

Can't we go back to fighting about T-Jack or Chidlress?

C Mac D
12-12-2007, 05:52 PM
"BadlandsViking" wrote:


"DeathtoDenny" wrote:


The Society for Sports Uniform Research must be lying.


Everybody is a liar


Nice sig, BLV... very nice

vikesoto
12-12-2007, 06:18 PM
"vikesfan" wrote:


Been a Vikes fan all my life... so yes, I'm aware that the jerseys are purple.

However, it looked like at the game last week, some people were wearing the new style of the jerseys and they looked blue. Not all of them were blue, most seemed purple, but some of them looked blue.

Honestly, I thought they looked kinda cool. I have about 10 or more authentic Vikings jerseys and every single one is purple... and they're all the exact same shade of purple. However, I don't have any of the newer jerseys... all the ones I have are the older ones (before 2006).

I'm wondering if some of the ones being made this year are more blue than purple. Anybody have a "blue" one or seen a blueish one, or am I just going crazy? And if you do have one, where did you get it?




The "blueish" ones are more often than not Peterson jerseys that people have been buying on ebay. They're CHEAP -MADE IN CHINA -KNOCKOFFS".

At the going rate of under $50 alot of fans are getting those as opposed to shelling out $250 for a real authentic jersey

marstc09
12-12-2007, 06:59 PM
I am color blind so I don't know shit!
:P

PurplePackerEater
12-12-2007, 08:12 PM
"aceclown" wrote:


"vikesfan" wrote:


"aceclown" wrote:


The purple is the exact same shade on the new jerseys as it has always been.
Anyone familiar with Television calibration understands that purple is easily the most difficult color to reproduce on TV, and if your TV isn't professionally calibrated there is often a tendency to have the red/green out of balance.
If there is even the slightest tint towards too much green (as most TV's are usually out of balance in terms of too much green, not enough red), the Vikings jerseys will appear to look more blue than they actually are.


I really appreciate the explanation. Thanks for the insight because I often wondered in the past why they looked so blue.

HOWEVER, what I was trying to ask was about some of the jerseys that the fans at the game were wearing. Most fans appeared to have the normal "purple" colored jerseys, but a couple fans seemed to have the same jerseys, but they looked blueish. I'm just wondering if some jerseys were maybe produced that were the wrong color, or if anyone else had noticed that. I wasn't talking about the actual jerseys that the Vikes wear.

But again, thanks for the explanation because I often wondered that in the past.


I was also at the game, and I can tell you that the reason for the jerseys looking like they vary in color is because of the counterfeit "authentic" jerseys being sold on ebay.
You can always spot these jerseys because the numbers have sharp squared corners, where the real jerseys have rounded numbers.
Also, most of the knock offs have a little tail on the N of Peterson, where the authentics do not.
Because these jerseys are counterfeit, they arent held to the same standards as the real jerseys, so the color could easily vary and is probably more blue than the real ones.

REAL
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f130/aceclown/Real.jpg

FAKE
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f130/aceclown/PetersonFake.jpg


Mine looks exactly like the top one, has all the tags on it... Reebok, NFL, Players INC, says it was made in Korea... and I believe it to be the real deal.

However, I did buy it online before the season started for $38 dollars, including shipping! So that makes me think that it might not be authentic.

So how do you really know?

vikesoto
12-13-2007, 04:29 PM
"PurplePackerEater" wrote:


"aceclown" wrote:


"vikesfan" wrote:


"aceclown" wrote:


The purple is the exact same shade on the new jerseys as it has always been.
Anyone familiar with Television calibration understands that purple is easily the most difficult color to reproduce on TV, and if your TV isn't professionally calibrated there is often a tendency to have the red/green out of balance.
If there is even the slightest tint towards too much green (as most TV's are usually out of balance in terms of too much green, not enough red), the Vikings jerseys will appear to look more blue than they actually are.


I really appreciate the explanation. Thanks for the insight because I often wondered in the past why they looked so blue.

HOWEVER, what I was trying to ask was about some of the jerseys that the fans at the game were wearing. Most fans appeared to have the normal "purple" colored jerseys, but a couple fans seemed to have the same jerseys, but they looked blueish. I'm just wondering if some jerseys were maybe produced that were the wrong color, or if anyone else had noticed that. I wasn't talking about the actual jerseys that the Vikes wear.

But again, thanks for the explanation because I often wondered that in the past.


I was also at the game, and I can tell you that the reason for the jerseys looking like they vary in color is because of the counterfeit "authentic" jerseys being sold on ebay.
You can always spot these jerseys because the numbers have sharp squared corners, where the real jerseys have rounded numbers.
Also, most of the knock offs have a little tail on the N of Peterson, where the authentics do not.
Because these jerseys are counterfeit, they arent held to the same standards as the real jerseys, so the color could easily vary and is probably more blue than the real ones.

REAL
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f130/aceclown/Real.jpg

FAKE
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f130/aceclown/PetersonFake.jpg


Mine looks exactly like the top one, has all the tags on it... Reebok, NFL, Players INC, says it was made in Korea... and I believe it to be the real deal.

However, I did buy it online before the season started for $38 dollars, including shipping! So that makes me think that it might not be authentic.

So how do you really know?


The two easiest ways to check is first, the 'Vikings" name, is yours all white letters ? If yeah, it's NOT a true authentic jersey. Second, the letters sewn on the back, the material , including the name plate, should be the "Jersey " material, with the little holes. If it's on the shiny material, it's a knock off. I have put the type of jersey you have next to my REAL authentic jersey, and you can see the little differances. But for $38, how can you really complain bud....

singersp
12-13-2007, 07:22 PM
"bleedpurple" wrote:


obviously this is a post about who has the biggest ego.... i'm right, no i'm right, no i'm more right, no i'm righter than you... yadda yadda yadda...
for god sakes, it's a freakin color!!! 6 pages arguing about a freakin color is ridiculous and a waste of internet space....

no offense to anyone.. i'm just saying.. it's a color... seriously think about it... a color...


Perhaps you didn't read the thread title. If you don't want to read it don't. Most of the threads you find on this forum is of people differentiating in opinion back & forth.

Just take a look at the Moss thread. That's 117 pages of people bantering back & forth over a player that hasn't even been a Viking for almost 3 years.

marstc09
12-13-2007, 07:41 PM
"vikesoto" wrote:


"vikesfan" wrote:


Been a Vikes fan all my life... so yes, I'm aware that the jerseys are purple.

However, it looked like at the game last week, some people were wearing the new style of the jerseys and they looked blue. Not all of them were blue, most seemed purple, but some of them looked blue.

Honestly, I thought they looked kinda cool. I have about 10 or more authentic Vikings jerseys and every single one is purple... and they're all the exact same shade of purple. However, I don't have any of the newer jerseys... all the ones I have are the older ones (before 2006).

I'm wondering if some of the ones being made this year are more blue than purple. Anybody have a "blue" one or seen a blueish one, or am I just going crazy? And if you do have one, where did you get it?




The "blueish" ones are more often than not Peterson jerseys that people have been buying on ebay. They're CHEAP -MADE IN CHINA -KNOCKOFFS".

At the going rate of under $50 alot of fans are getting those as opposed to shelling out $250 for a real authentic jersey


Mine says Made in Korea. So what does that mean?

BadlandsVikings
12-13-2007, 07:43 PM
"marstc09" wrote:


"vikesoto" wrote:


"vikesfan" wrote:


Been a Vikes fan all my life... so yes, I'm aware that the jerseys are purple.

However, it looked like at the game last week, some people were wearing the new style of the jerseys and they looked blue. Not all of them were blue, most seemed purple, but some of them looked blue.

Honestly, I thought they looked kinda cool. I have about 10 or more authentic Vikings jerseys and every single one is purple... and they're all the exact same shade of purple. However, I don't have any of the newer jerseys... all the ones I have are the older ones (before 2006).

I'm wondering if some of the ones being made this year are more blue than purple. Anybody have a "blue" one or seen a blueish one, or am I just going crazy? And if you do have one, where did you get it?




The "blueish" ones are more often than not Peterson jerseys that people have been buying on ebay. They're CHEAP -MADE IN CHINA -KNOCKOFFS".

At the going rate of under $50 alot of fans are getting those as opposed to shelling out $250 for a real authentic jersey


Mine says Made in Korea. So what does that mean?


It means it was made in Korea
:D

marstc09
12-13-2007, 07:46 PM
"vikesoto" wrote:


"PurplePackerEater" wrote:


"aceclown" wrote:


"vikesfan" wrote:


"aceclown" wrote:


The purple is the exact same shade on the new jerseys as it has always been.
Anyone familiar with Television calibration understands that purple is easily the most difficult color to reproduce on TV, and if your TV isn't professionally calibrated there is often a tendency to have the red/green out of balance.
If there is even the slightest tint towards too much green (as most TV's are usually out of balance in terms of too much green, not enough red), the Vikings jerseys will appear to look more blue than they actually are.


I really appreciate the explanation. Thanks for the insight because I often wondered in the past why they looked so blue.

HOWEVER, what I was trying to ask was about some of the jerseys that the fans at the game were wearing. Most fans appeared to have the normal "purple" colored jerseys, but a couple fans seemed to have the same jerseys, but they looked blueish. I'm just wondering if some jerseys were maybe produced that were the wrong color, or if anyone else had noticed that. I wasn't talking about the actual jerseys that the Vikes wear.

But again, thanks for the explanation because I often wondered that in the past.


I was also at the game, and I can tell you that the reason for the jerseys looking like they vary in color is because of the counterfeit "authentic" jerseys being sold on ebay.
You can always spot these jerseys because the numbers have sharp squared corners, where the real jerseys have rounded numbers.
Also, most of the knock offs have a little tail on the N of Peterson, where the authentics do not.
Because these jerseys are counterfeit, they arent held to the same standards as the real jerseys, so the color could easily vary and is probably more blue than the real ones.

REAL
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f130/aceclown/Real.jpg

FAKE
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f130/aceclown/PetersonFake.jpg


Mine looks exactly like the top one, has all the tags on it... Reebok, NFL, Players INC, says it was made in Korea... and I believe it to be the real deal.

However, I did buy it online before the season started for $38 dollars, including shipping! So that makes me think that it might not be authentic.

So how do you really know?


The two easiest ways to check is first, the 'Vikings" name, is yours all white letters ? If yeah, it's NOT a true authentic jersey. Second, the letters sewn on the back, the material , including the name plate, should be the "Jersey " material, with the little holes. If it's on the shiny material, it's a knock off. I have put the type of jersey you have next to my REAL authentic jersey, and you can see the little differances. But for $38, how can you really complain bud....


What color is your "Vikings" name?

singersp
12-13-2007, 08:26 PM
"DeathtoDenny" wrote:


The Society for Sports Uniform Research must be lying.


I'm not saying that the Society for Sports Uniform Research is wrong. I never said that so don't go putting words in my mouth.

What I'm trying to tell you is that the Pantone colors that you are looking at on your computer screen are going to differ in appearance & color than the actual factual material swatches & Pantone plaques that the jersey manufactures have in their possession. Those plaques will better depict the gloss & texture that you do not see on your computer screen. The images you see on the screen are computer generated replications of what the color should look like to give you an idea. As NP pointed out, your monitor will display it differently than what it actually is.

You can take six different computers, line them up side by side look at the identical Pantone plaques from the website & you will see color variations between the 6 monitors & those will differ from the real plaques & swatches the manufacturers hold in their hands. Just for the fact your looking at it on a monitor & not the real thing.