PDA

View Full Version : Have the Vikes turn the Corner???

kevoncox
12-07-2007, 12:25 PM
Unfortunatly,
I'm a Vikes fan living in Northern VA so the coverage here is terrible. However, I try to watch as many highlights and recorded games as possible. I love how we are playing but I'm not 100% convinced that we have turned the corner.
We have 4 must win games left and the old Vikes would normally find a way to blow these games. Are you guys with me or are you sold that we have turned the corner and are a title contender?

Purple Floyd
12-07-2007, 12:27 PM
No.

We have made improvements since GB blew us out but we have a ways to go before we can say the corner has been turned. At this point we have found the steering wheel and found the gas pedal.

C Mac D
12-07-2007, 12:28 PM
I definitely don't think we're a title contender (as I don't think many do), but I think it's great to finally see some promise in our young team.

BleedinPandG
12-07-2007, 12:30 PM
"UffDaVikes" wrote:

No.

We have made improvements since GB blew us out but we have a ways to go before we can say the corner has been turned. At this point we have found the steering wheel and found the gas pedal.

Lets just hope no one else finds the breaks :D

In terms of have we turned the corner?
Are you talking about as a team or as an organization?

As a team, I think we are showing signs that we have.
The O seems to be coming together as does the D at this point.
Still a ways to go but you can sense the cohesion which I believe signifies that they've turned the corner...

As an organization... the Vikings have consistently failed to perform to their level of talent or the expectations placed upon them.
The way they end this season will go a long ways towards showing if Zygi and Chilly have been able to change that heritage.
Until then, it's way too early to say...

NordicNed
12-07-2007, 12:59 PM
I don't think we've turned the corner all the way yet either, we are peeking around that corner and ready to pounce.

One thing that does impress me, and gives us a solid chance to win week in and week out, and I'll even go as far as saying YES,
we could even beat the likes of the Pats, Cowgirls, Colts, ect....On any given game day...Why you ask?
Because we have one hell of a rushing game and a QB that can do just enough to get us some yards passing when needed, without alot of picks....

With the running game we have right now going for us, we can own the clock and keep high powered offenses off the field.
And our D is playing well right now, so that helps even more.....We may not be a dominate type of team, but we can control a game and hang with anyone at this time I believe.....

I really believe, we are going to shock the league from this point out....Hell, we've already started to shock many, and the na sayers are starting to raise their eyebrows and ask, who just are these MN Vikings.........I'll answer that, we are a team starting to find our own and clcking at the right time, and thats adds up to being
a little scary to alot of NFL teams who are going to and may well just have to face us in the near future...

Go Vikings....

C Mac D
12-07-2007, 01:02 PM
I'll tell you one thing... I like that our team that is "revving it up" the second half of the season as opposed to those year's where we'd start off strong only to putter-out the second half.

SKOL
12-07-2007, 01:09 PM
As a team it's just nice to see a productive offense to go along with our solid defense.
I like the pressure our defense has been inflicting, which has helped us get better against the pass.
The O needs to strive for consistency as far as passing, but it certainly looks like it's heading in the right direction.

As an organization it's as good as could be expected with our current stadium situation.
The state will have to make it a priority very soon, since the lease expires in 2011.
The Wilf's are good owners, the front office is exceptional with Brz, Studwell's a great talent scout, and the coaching staff is growing on me as they start to find success.
There is cap money that could have been spent on free agents, but there wasn't quality available so you can't blame them for that.

IBleedPurple11
12-07-2007, 01:31 PM
"C" wrote:

I'll tell you one thing... I like that our team that is "revving it up" the second half of the season as opposed to those year's where we'd start off strong only to putter-out the second half.

I was thinking the samething. It is way better than going starting off the season good only to fail at the end like in past years. I think we have a good shot to make the playoffs with the schedual we have left.

Only thing is...No one is gonna beat the Patriots.

Purple D
12-07-2007, 01:37 PM
"IBleedPurple28" wrote:

"C" wrote:

I was thinking the samething. It is way better than going starting off the season good only to fail at the end like in past years. I think we have a good shot to make the playoffs with the schedual we have left.

The patriots will lose one game before it is all said and done with, it will either be in the playoffs, Superbowl, or during the season.
Either way they will lose atleast once I hope.

funkyasflea
12-07-2007, 01:45 PM
I agree with many of the posts.
They are finding their groove right now, but they have not completely turned the corner.
They need to prove that they can finish strong.
The old Vikings teams had done this a few times, when they showed a glimpse of greatness, but fell apart afterwards.
Like they had a good game or two, got it in their heads they were invincible, then did not try anymore.
They need to take each game on like it is going to be a struggle until the final whistle.
You can never come into any game expecting to get a W, much like the Patriots.
They take it one game at a time, treating each opponent with the same respect, whether they play the Colts or the Dolphins (the dolphins are going to break their undefeated streak though).

Suick
12-07-2007, 02:07 PM
Optimism is rampant. Last time I felt like this we were 4-2 heading into that Monday night against the Pats. :-\

We have a long way to go but with the schedule, it's most do-able.

However, I've been a Vike fan way too long to rid myself of that nagging feeling in my gut that it's gonna all fall apart.

Stay tuned..................................

Frostbite
12-07-2007, 03:15 PM
Let's get past S.F. before making any other predictions or observations about "Turning the Corner".

Cheers!

NodakPaul
12-07-2007, 03:54 PM
"Suick" wrote:

Optimism is rampant. Last time I felt like this we were 4-2 heading into that Monday night against the Pats. :-\

We have a long way to go but with the schedule, it's most do-able.

However, I've been a Vike fan way too long to rid myself of that nagging feeling in my gut that it's gonna all fall apart.

Stay tuned..................................

Honestly, I feel better now than last year heading into that game.

Last year, we were barely beating teams.
We had 4 wins, but with the exception of the Seattle game, none of them were decisive.
And a couple of them we really shouldn't have won, but the other team was just a little more incompetent that we were.

This year, after the past 5 games, I feel much better about our team.
We had one bad performance in five games.
The rest were all decisive victories, and against decent teams like the Giants and San Diego.
Instead of barely getting by, we are firing on every cylinder.
This team, right now, is playing like a playoff team.

Let's keep it going against San Fran!

FreakinVikingsBaby
12-07-2007, 06:42 PM
"IBleedPurple28" wrote:

"C" wrote:

Except us!

funkyasflea
12-07-2007, 06:46 PM
"FreakinVikingsBaby" wrote:

"IBleedPurple28" wrote:

"C" wrote:

Except us!

(and Miami)
;D

Purple Floyd
12-09-2007, 10:33 PM
Closer

Frostbite
12-09-2007, 11:09 PM
We are doing something that is required by ANY real playoff contender...that is being able to win on the road. With the win at SF today we now get a couple of home games and then a possible very important away game in Denver....a team that is playing well right now. The season could come down to that final game so getting some confidence by winning some road games could help a lot in that one.

Cheers!

marstc09
12-09-2007, 11:37 PM
We are definitly heading in the right direction but we need to finish strong. We need to win these last 3 games against under 500 teams. Winning the last 3 by 20+ is a good start.