PDA

View Full Version : Winfield

eastcoastvikes
12-05-2004, 06:52 PM
Does anyone know Winfield's status? I read that it was a sprained ankle but has anyone heard anything regarding the severity of it? He is going to be needed next week... Hopefully everything is ok there.

VikingsTw
12-05-2004, 07:00 PM
Yeah he's really what holds the secondary together, hes all we got, hes an intense leader and visous player. It will hurt the defense if hes not back next week.

If it isnt one injury its another, first we were waiting for the LB's to get healthy, EJ got healthy and Claiborne is playing well again. Then our Oline faulters hell what next? Hopefully not winfield for several weeks.

rjkvikings
12-05-2004, 07:08 PM
Dang, the first time I wear my Winfield jersey for the game and he gets hurt. I hope he's back next week because we could definitely use him.

VKG4LFE
12-05-2004, 08:23 PM
That really hurt us! Ross is a worthless corner. I had really bad flashbacks of Walker!!

VikingsTw
12-05-2004, 08:31 PM
Thing about walker was he could cover or tackle! Ross did make one nice play but i think he got to nervous, someone got hurt and he got through into the game. He lost his footing on the TD and blew it. Maybe a week of preparing to start will help him, either way if your a good ball player you should be able to come in instantly and play solid ball.

VKG4LFE
12-05-2004, 08:33 PM
We need Winfield not Ross! No doubt about it!

cajunvike
12-05-2004, 08:37 PM
"rjkvikings" wrote:

Dang, the first time I wear my Winfield jersey for the game and he gets hurt. I hope he's back next week because we could definitely use him.

BURN that jersey...just kidding! :lol:

rjkvikings
12-05-2004, 09:35 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"rjkvikings" wrote:

BURN that jersey...just kidding! :lol:NO WAY! I just got it and love the thing. Maybe I should just wear it on Monday though like I did last week. I always wear a jersey Monday, so I might as well make it this one since it won't hurt us then. LOL.

enlvikeman
12-05-2004, 10:00 PM
Can you imagine where this team would be without Winfield?

VikingsTw
12-06-2004, 12:52 AM
"enlvikeman" wrote:

Can you imagine where this team would be without Winfield?

Defensivly, probably at rock bottome of the league. Lets hope he will be ok.

whackthepack
12-06-2004, 08:22 AM
Winfield has a high ankle sprain and will have an MRI today. No official word on length of time he will miss.

With a high ankle sprain it could be 2 weeks, it could be a month, or longer.

TheAnimal93
12-06-2004, 09:26 AM
high ankle sprain? great. one of the worst injuries to try and play with. that really sucks! he was kicking ass and taking names. hopefully he will be good to go in a week or so!

snowinapril
12-06-2004, 09:29 AM
"rjkvikings" wrote:

You are not allowed to wear that Jersey when we play in Chicago.

Remember that for next year. :idea:

High ankle sprain huh!!! That is terrible for us. Good for Seattle.

DoubleDown11
12-06-2004, 10:13 AM
Great, hopefully Winfield is a fast healer, nice to lose our leading tackler CB. Maybe the brilliant coaching staff will convert a WR to a CB ala Robert Tate.

snowinapril
12-06-2004, 10:19 AM
"DoubleDown11" wrote:

Great, hopefully Winfield is a fast healer, nice to lose our leading tackler CB. Maybe the brilliant coaching staff will convert a WR to a CB ala Robert Tate.

At first I thought you were going to refer to the NE's Troy Brown.

Hey, maybe Campbell can play that spot.

No seriously, we will need to add some help next year in another Veterean FA.

uncle tony
12-06-2004, 11:58 AM
We can't afford to lose Winfield now. There is no depth at cornerback which Ross showed us yesterday. I hope he played with some sun block on to cool the burn.

ItalianStallion
12-06-2004, 02:02 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:

"DoubleDown11" wrote:

At first I thought you were going to refer to the NE's Troy Brown.

Hey, maybe Campbell can play that spot.

No seriously, we will need to add some help next year in another Veterean FA.

I can imagine Campbell trying to tackle someone, yikes!