PDA

View Full Version : My New Best Friend

FreakinVikingsBaby
12-04-2007, 09:57 AM
So I am currently residing in Frederick, MD-hometown, and still home to Chuck Foreman. I was chilling with my friend marcus and his cousin shatana. I was talking to shatana and we started talking football and of course I had to talk up my vikings. She asked me if I knew who Chuck Foreman was and I was like DUH, hells yea I do. Well it turns out she's his god daughter and I get to meet him next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOO HOOOO!!!!!!!!

Marrdro
12-04-2007, 10:01 AM
"FreakinVikingsBaby" wrote:

So I am currently residing in Frederick, MD-hometown, and still home to Chuck Foreman. I was chilling with my friend marcus and his cousin shatana. I was talking to shatana and we started talking football and of course I had to talk up my vikings. She asked me if I knew who Chuck Foreman was and I was like DUH, hells yea I do. Well it turns out she's his god daughter and I get to meet him next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOO HOOOO!!!!!!!!

Holy crap.
That is great.
Such a small world huh?

Bet he is in with the "Fire Childress Crowd" (JK
;D)

BadlandsVikings
12-04-2007, 10:04 AM
Have fun, don't bring your pot smoking cat and don't try to takle him :)

ultravikingfan
12-04-2007, 10:18 AM
Are you getting him a BFF bracelet?
;D

jmcdon00
12-04-2007, 10:25 AM
You should ask him who he thinks the greatest running back in viking history is, Adrian Peterson or Robert Smith. 8)

Purple D
12-04-2007, 10:28 AM
"jmcdon00" wrote:

You should ask him who he thinks the greatest running back in viking history is, Adrian Peterson or Robert Smith. 8)

He will say Peterson.

Zeus
12-04-2007, 10:37 AM
"Purple" wrote:

"jmcdon00" wrote:

He will say Peterson.

Knowing Chuck Foreman, he'll say himself and charge you $20 for the answer.

=Z=

jargomcfargo
12-04-2007, 10:38 AM
I take every opportunity I can get to say that Chuck Foreman was one of the best ever.
Not only a great runner but a fine human being and role model for others.
It was my honor and privilege to be present for his ring of honor induction ceremony.
You are fortunate to meet him.

cogitans
12-04-2007, 10:39 AM
It were quick that he became your best friend, I'm sure he feels the same way. ;D

Seriously it'll be great for you, I hope you enjoy it to the fullest.

Vikes_King
12-04-2007, 12:00 PM
"Zeus" wrote:

"Purple" wrote:

"jmcdon00" wrote:

He will say Peterson.

Knowing Chuck Foreman, he'll say himself and charge you $20 for the answer.

=Z=

lol, i got a lil laugh out of that, since anyone who has seen him in an autograph booth or anything knows he always charges etc.
To be fair, the proceeds go to a good cause, not to himself.
I got the only autograph i have oh him for free when i had a post training camp Dinner with Oscar Reed & Earsall Mackbee, Foreman & Rufus Bess stopped in
:)

Have fun, and as ultra said, are you gettin him a BFF bracelet? Make sure its a purple one

ultravikingfan
12-04-2007, 12:07 PM
Tell him you have a cat for your avatar, surely he will be impressed.

Marrdro
12-04-2007, 12:15 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

I must have missed something.
What is the deal with cats and Chuck?

vikesfargo
12-04-2007, 12:37 PM
Chuck Foreman -- a Vikings legend. Just treat him with lots of respect and represent Purple Pride well.

Isn't there some anecdote going around that the OC for Bud Grant, Jerry Burns, changed the offense to get Foreman the ball through the air, and this in part inspired the WCO? If so, it's interesting that we run that offense again now.

Vikes_King
12-04-2007, 12:44 PM
"vikesfargo" wrote:

Chuck Foreman -- a Vikings legend. Just treat him with lots of respect and represent Purple Pride well.

Isn't there some anecdote going around that the OC for Bud Grant, Jerry Burns, changed the offense to get Foreman the ball through the air, and this in part inspired the WCO? If so, it's interesting that we run that offense again now.

both the "West Coast Offense" and the "Tampa 2 Defense" were both, more or less, started in Minnesota

ultravikingfan
12-04-2007, 01:03 PM
"Vikes_King" wrote:

"vikesfargo" wrote:

both the "West Coast Offense" and the "Tampa 2 Defense" were both, more or less, started in Minnesota

So, it would be safe to say that MN is the birthplace of successful football ideologies.
Choke on the Green Bay!

(now we just have to get that damn trophy)

SKOL
12-04-2007, 01:14 PM
"Vikes_King" wrote:

"vikesfargo" wrote:

Dungy gives all the credit for the Tampa 2 to the Steelers of the 1970's:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tampa_2

The roots of the Tampa 2 system actually are in the Steel Curtain days of Pittsburgh football. Tony Dungy has been quoted to say "My philosophy is really out of the 1975 Pittsburgh Steelers playbook," said Dungy during media interviews while at Super Bowl XLI. "That is why I have to laugh when I hear 'Tampa 2'. Chuck Noll and Bud Carson — that is where it came from, I changed very little."

NordicNed
12-04-2007, 01:17 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"Vikes_King" wrote:

"vikesfargo" wrote:

So, it would be safe to say that MN is the birthplace of successful football ideologies.
Choke on the Green Bay!

Not so fast boys.......The WCO was first developed by Don Coryell's St. Louis Cardinals...

Read below..

[edit] Original West Coast Offense: Air Coryell
Kosar used the term to describe the offense formalized by Sid Gillman with the AFL Chargers in the 1960s and later by Don Coryell's St. Louis Cardinals and Chargers in the 1970s and 1980s. Al Davis, an assistant under Gillman, also carried his version to the Oakland Raiders, where his successors John Rauch, John Madden, and Tom Flores continued to employ and expand upon its basic principles. This is the "West Coast Offense" as Kosar originally used the term. However, it is now commonly referred to as the "Air Coryell" timed system, and the term West Coast Offense is usually instead used to describe Bill Walsh's system.

The offense uses a specific naming system, with the routes for wideouts and tight ends receiving three digit numbers, and routes for backs having unique names. For example, a pass play in 3 digit form might be "Split Right 787 check swing, check V". (see Offensive Nomenclature). This provides an efficient way to communicate many different plays with minimal memorization.

But many also like to credit Bill Walshe and the 49'ers for perfecting it.........

NordicNed
12-04-2007, 01:19 PM
"SKOL" wrote:

"Vikes_King" wrote:

"vikesfargo" wrote:

Dungy gives all the credit for the Tampa 2 to the Steelers of the 1970's:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tampa_2

The roots of the Tampa 2 system actually are in the Steel Curtain days of Pittsburgh football. Tony Dungy has been quoted to say "My philosophy is really out of the 1975 Pittsburgh Steelers playbook," said Dungy during media interviews while at Super Bowl XLI. "That is why I have to laugh when I hear 'Tampa 2'. Chuck Noll and Bud Carson — that is where it came from, I changed very little."

Nice piece of info there SKol,

I still like to call it the "
Dungy 2 "

;D

Mr Anderson
12-04-2007, 01:33 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Are you getting him a BFF bracelet?
;D

http://www.sterling-silver-charms.org/bestfriends_breakaway_heart_small.jpg

triedandtruevikesfan
12-04-2007, 01:41 PM
A group of us from the site met him a couple years ago.
He was really nice.
He hung out for a while, gave us autographs, took pictures.
It was great!

bleedpurple
12-04-2007, 02:48 PM
"NordicNed" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"Vikes_King" wrote:

"vikesfargo" wrote:

Choke on the Green Bay!

(now we just have to get that gol 'darnit trophy)

Not so fast boys.......The WCO was first developed by Don Coryell's St. Louis Cardinals...

Read below..

Kosar used the term to describe the offense formalized by Sid Gillman with the AFL Chargers in the 1960s and later by Don Coryell's St. Louis Cardinals and Chargers in the 1970s and 1980s. Al Davis, an assistant under Gillman, also carried his version to the Oakland Raiders, where his successors John Rauch, John Madden, and Tom Flores continued to employ and expand upon its basic principles. This is the "West Coast Offense" as Kosar originally used the term. However, it is now commonly referred to as the "Air Coryell" timed system, and the term West Coast Offense is usually instead used to describe Bill Walsh's system.

The offense uses a specific naming system, with the routes for wideouts and tight ends receiving three digit numbers, and routes for backs having unique names. For example, a pass play in 3 digit form might be "Split Right 787 check swing, check V". (see Offensive Nomenclature). This provides an efficient way to communicate many different plays with minimal memorization.

But many also like to credit Bill Walshe and the 49'ers for perfecting it.........

That's just becasue they won superbowls with it!!!

VikingMike
12-04-2007, 03:22 PM
"NordicNed" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"Vikes_King" wrote:

"vikesfargo" wrote:

Choke on the Green Bay!

Read below..

Air Coryell and the Cardiac Cards???
;D

FreakinVikingsBaby
12-04-2007, 04:16 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Oh I know he will. I CANT WAIT!!! :P :P ;D ;D :) :o :o 8) :P ;D :D

singersp
12-06-2007, 06:48 AM

Were you even born yet when he played?

pack93z
12-06-2007, 07:31 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"Vikes_King" wrote:

"vikesfargo" wrote:

Choke on the Green Bay!

You folks wish you could claim the roots of the West Coast offense and Tampa two back to here.. but thought I would throw in a little history to burst your bubble..

The roots of the Tampa two were started with Chuck Noll and Bud Carson in Pittsburgh... here is a little quote from Tony Dungy himself..

*Edit - Read the rest of the post and seen this was in there already... sorry for the repost. *

As for the West Coast Offense... look no further than Sid Gilliam and Don Coryell for the roots of the principle's... Sid Gilliam revolutionalized the way offensive football was played in America..

The offense uses a specific naming system, with the routes for wideouts and tight ends receiving three digit numbers, and routes for backs having unique names.

There... a bit of history on a cold and chilly morn.. ;)

Viking fans want to take credit for everything... Geez... What's next.... The Lions winning a Superbowl? J/K!

MemphisPurple
12-06-2007, 08:01 AM
"singersp" wrote:

Who really cares, I've heard read and watched him play he is awsomeness, and I'm only 15.

FreakinVikingsBaby
12-06-2007, 02:33 PM
"singersp" wrote:

Doubt it, I was born in 85. But if you know anything about my mom you'd be quick to realize why I know about Eller and Tark and Foreman and Ahmad Rashad and so on.

vikingivan
12-06-2007, 04:45 PM
I do have a Vikings cap autographed by Chuck Foreman.
I paid $20.00 for it in Mankato in 2002.
Chuck signed it right there for me and posed for photos with my 3 kids.

BloodyHorns82
12-06-2007, 05:02 PM

"singersp" wrote:

Doubt it, I was born in 85. But if you know anything about my mom you'd be quick to realize why I know about Eller and Tark and Foreman and Ahmad Rashad and so on.

Are you insinuating that your mom had sexual relations with a handful of Vikings players of that era?
Or just that your mom was/is a huge Vikings fan?
I'm confused.
???

NodakPaul
12-06-2007, 05:39 PM
"pack93z" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"Vikes_King" wrote:

"vikesfargo" wrote:

Choke on the Green Bay!

(now we just have to get that gol 'darnit trophy)

You folks wish you could claim the roots of the West Coast offense and Tampa two back to here.. but thought I would throw in a little history to burst your bubble..

The roots of the Tampa two were started with Chuck Noll and Bud Carson in Pittsburgh... here is a little quote from Tony Dungy himself..

*Edit - Read the rest of the post and seen this was in there already... sorry for the repost. *

As for the West Coast Offense... look no further than Sid Gilliam and Don Coryell for the roots of the principle's... Sid Gilliam revolutionalized the way offensive football was played in America..

The offense uses a specific naming system, with the routes for wideouts and tight ends receiving three digit numbers, and routes for backs having unique names.

There... a bit of history on a cold and chilly morn.. ;)

Viking fans want to take credit for everything... Geez... What's next.... The Lions winning a Superbowl? J/K!

Yeah, well tailgating originated in Minnesota too. ;D

For the record, I actually didn't see a tremendous amount of similarity between the Steel Curtain defense and the Tampa 2 other than the position of the safeties... So I think it is safer to say the Dungy adopted a scheme from the Steelers while he was in Minnesota, and then perfected it in Tampa.

singersp
12-06-2007, 08:38 PM
"vikingivan" wrote:

I do have a Vikings cap autographed by Chuck Foreman.
I paid $20.00 for it in Mankato in 2002.
Chuck signed it right there for me and posed for photos with my 3 kids.

I have a full size helmet he signed for me at Training camp in either 2004 or 2005. I was the only one in the tent with him at the time & he took his time & gave me a real nice autograph. He's been there every year that I've been there.

I also have a few pics & a football he signed for me this year at Wal-Mart. He does a lot signings for charity purposes & has been in the SE Minnesota area several times.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/singersp82759/CF3.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/singersp82759/CF4.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/singersp82759/2CF.jpg

FreakinVikingsBaby
12-07-2007, 07:06 PM
"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

Are you insinuating that your mom had sexual relations with a handful of Vikings players of that era?
I'm confused.
???

Huge vikings fan doesn't even begin to describe her. Freakin insane is more like it. I remember a couple of years ago how we were at church, mass was over, and we're all eating donuts and drinking oj because every 1st sunday of the month our church does it. Anyway, this guy and my mom were talking football and he was supposedly a packer fan. They start carrying on a conversation and apparently he told her that the vikings were horrible and were gonna be horrible for years to come. Whether he was serious or joking I have no idea-my mom is 100% adamant that he was serious, but then again she's freakin crazy. I think him being a packer fan had something to do with it. Anyway she dumped her cup of oj on his head on the spot-AT CHURCH!!!

digital420
12-21-2007, 03:21 AM

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

I'm confused.
???

Huge vikings fan doesn't even begin to describe her. Freakin insane is more like it. I remember a couple of years ago how we were at church, mass was over, and we're all eating donuts and drinking oj because every 1st sunday of the month our church does it. Anyway, this guy and my mom were talking football and he was supposedly a packer fan. They start carrying on a conversation and apparently he told her that the vikings were horrible and were gonna be horrible for years to come. Whether he was serious or joking I have no idea-my mom is 100% adamant that he was serious, but then again she's freakin crazy. I think him being a packer fan had something to do with it. Anyway she dumped her cup of oj on his head on the spot-AT CHURCH!!!

yer mom rocks!!!!

mine didn't pull off somethin so slammin.. but after i got kicked outta church for asking 2 many questions they couldn't answer.. my mom stood up and said "a 14 yr old has just proven that he (the pastor) knows less about the bible then he does finance"
1 year later the church went bankrupt..

kudos to yer mom for puttin the packer backer in place!!

DiGiTaL