PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Smith benched for altercation with Childress

singersp
12-04-2007, 07:50 AM
A run-in with Childress sent Smith to bench (http://www.startribune.com/vikings/story/1587187.html)

An altercation with Vikings coach Brad Childress left safety Dwight Smith on the bench for the first series of Sunday's game.

By Kevin Seifert, Star Tribune

Last update: December 02, 2007 – 11:51 PM

Marrdro
12-04-2007, 07:58 AM
When is this guy ever gonna learn?
Looks like the Chiller is giving him every opportunity to conform but he just doesn't get it.

It was the third time in two seasons Childress has disciplined Smith for various bits of misconduct.

hinted he was at least partially at fault.

"We all know how headstrong I can be," Smith said. "There wasn't anything off-the-field related to this. It was just us talking about football. He's got the last say, you know what I mean?

Smith, however, is a member of Childress' council of veteran leaders and has respect of players throughout the locker room.

Mr. Purple
12-04-2007, 08:00 AM
Not good, and I hope it doesn't continue.I like Smith as a player, I think hes underrated a bit.However his attitude keeps popping up from time to time, luckily he usually admits his mistakes and moves on.I don't think hes cancer to this team, yet.If he and Childress continue this way he will surely be let lose.

I hope we keep him around till we find a better replacement.Its funny tho I didn't even notice he wasn't playing at all.

PurpleTide
12-04-2007, 08:07 AM
The hand of judgement is swift, and you don't sass the judge. This is a emotional game and things like this happen, but it's good to keep things like this in "house."

AngloVike
12-04-2007, 08:08 AM
Hopefully Smith will eventually get the message and start towing the line. I just won't want to see him become a distraction in the locker room.